UK crisis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

Poll: UK crisis (233 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Are the riots justified?

1. Yes (37 votes [15.88%])

Percentage of vote: 15.88%

2. No (196 votes [84.12%])

Percentage of vote: 84.12%

Vote Hide poll

XxBigEyexX #1 Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2054 battles
http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-14450248

And all because 1 man (who was not actualy very well known) was shot by police! its madness! The people out there rioting are all just looters and thrill seekers, I mean I even heard about a KFC being looted, what use do rioters have with chicken? :blink:

Please state your opinion on these totaly unnecessary riots in the poll above.

Dr_Nooooo #2 Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles
From the pictures we can see in newspapers on the TV etc this seems more like a place to use the army to clean up than for the police.

By their rioting and looting they don't damage the state, they just damage people like they are themselves, shopowners etc, normal peoples cars,...,
But that comes from unregulated mass immigration without integration combined with too soft laws and law enforcement. If the police's answer on this unjustifiable riot would not only be standing still, but arresting the rioters with force and end the riot with violence if necessary. Noone shows this thugs where the line is.

jarmenkell #3 Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 8471 battles
the police in here who has been under so much bad press over corruption and racism and other issues need to be sorted out, they initiated this by shooting an unarmed man according to witnesses.

whats with all the negative? did i say something offensive?

thebeastcalledpoopy #4 Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16283 battles
It's not really a crisis.

Hi, just to let you know, I live in New Cross Gate, London, which is 1/4 mile east of Peckham, 1/4 west of Deptford and 1/2 mile north of Lewisham, all of which had riots, burning buildings and cars tonight.

Despite the 24hr News Channels visions of apocolype it's not nearly as bad as it looked on TV. There are relatively small numbers involved and most of the extra riots (other than in Tottenham) are being used just as opportunites to loot.

It is a little quiet about as people stay in just in case, and a lot of traffic on the normally really busy main road has been diverted to other areas, some shops usually open are eiither closed or started using the night windows with the shutters down from early afternoon.

For sure it's criminal acts the rioting and shouldn't be happening, but also don't let the news let you think it's worse than it is, I was at the Poll Tax demo in 1990, now that was a real riot.....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FRj2K0ulD8Q

Sochin #5 Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10180 battles
Watch this space its going to get real ugly very quick

Dr_Nooooo #6 Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles

View Postjarmenkell, on 08 August 2011 - 11:53 PM, said:

the police in here who has been under so much bad press over corruption and racism and other issues need to be sorted out, they initiated this by shooting an unarmed man according to witnesses.

There was a firearm found on the crime scene which was not used by the police. There was also a projectile found which is now getting reviewed together with the weapon. This prokectile hit a policeman, he was lucky to survive the attack from the "unarmed man".

The policeman which shot this guy down did his job, nothing more, nothing less.

Generaal_Hunter44 #7 Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2028 battles
British riots are always this "explosif"
People just draw conclusions to fast and then 1 persone makes a speach to some other guys in a bar or something and then the word spreads and then...
the rioting starts.
just Bring in the Mp's or just bring in a bunch of your royal marine commando's. they would do the job  :Smile-izmena:

ArmouredBin #8 Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19303 battles
  • [I-OU] I-OU

View Postthebeastcalledpoopy, on 09 August 2011 - 12:11 AM, said:

It's not really a crisis.

Hi, just to let you know, I live in New Cross Gate, London, which is 1/4 mile east of Peckham, 1/4 west of Deptford and 1/2 mile north of Lewisham, all of which had riots, burning buildings and cars tonight.

Despite the 24hr News Channels visions of apocolype it's not nearly as bad as it looked on TV. There are relatively small numbers involved and most of the extra riots (other than in Tottenham) are being used just as opportunites to loot.

It is a little quiet about as people stay in just in case, and a lot of traffic on the normally really busy main road has been diverted to other areas, some shops usually open are eiither closed or started using the night windows with the shutters down from early afternoon.

For sure it's criminal acts the rioting and shouldn't be happening, but also don't let the news let you think it's worse than it is, I was at the Poll Tax demo in 1990, now that was a real riot.....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FRj2K0ulD8Q

Try having the Medowell riots in the north east marching through your area! that was bloody chaos, my school was torched too YAY lol

XxBigEyexX #9 Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:39 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2054 battles
The british gov. should bring-in some serious firepower, :Smile-izmena:

kentoong #10 Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3478 battles
Question is HOW will the Government settle it.  

For Where I'm from, Last year 14 Bullets were found IN an underage driver....  
"THE shot 1st Ask question later are happened frequently..."

Recent event also conclude Tear gas Aim directly at crowded people.  The tear gas are Long Exceeded its expired date.
Here our GOV just coverup every UNPLEASANT news. PRESS Freedom are a myth.  Freedom after speech are a NILL~!  
You need a permit to conduct a gathering.  Protest against GOV are always not negotiable.

As Cyber News are better then printed news, Situation are getting worst for Internet user here.

With Monopoly on the ISP....   my Ping are getting worst when more BAD news accrued.  :blink:

SchwerePanzer #11 Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11068 battles
Guess what kind of people are taking the chance to loot. Never undestood why the British who act so tough when abroard let this happen to their own country. Get rid of these people - quick.

Flankhard #12 Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12604 battles
Rioters are like hooligans. They don't care about cause. Heck, halv the time they don't even know what the cause is. They just want an excuse to wreck stuff.

These days, everytime you wanna have a civil protest, these vermin crawl out of the woodwork and ruin any credebility the protest had. Hiding amongst the honest protesters like cowards they force the police into a corner where they might have to engage civilians. Not fair!  :angry:

Turvas #13 Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2386 battles
not justified.
some crook got shot, so what. its just troublemakers venting themselves and looting

SteelCity #14 Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16318 battles
I am quoting someone off a different forum i use and i agree with him 100%...

Message to all the rioters .......... . u wanna be big men and fight to the death , well get your sorry little arses on the next plane to Afghanistan and stand alongside real men , they're called soldiers and they are fighting a war unlike you bunch of pathetic wastes of space !!!!

These riots have gone from protesting against a man being shot, to just lawless looting.

KoffieWhite #15 Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9538 battles
  • [RDDTR] RDDTR

View PostXxBigEyexX, on 08 August 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

And all because 1 man (who was not actualy very well known) was shot by police! its madness! The people out there rioting are all just looters and thrill seekers, I mean I even heard about a KFC being looted, what use do rioters have with chicken? :blink:

Please state your opinion on these totaly unnecessary riots in the poll above.

OK, so let me get this straight. Because a obscure man got shot dead by police means that nobody can riot to show the outrage of the community and that it was wrong to do so?

p0Pe #16 Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:33 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9126 battles

View PostXxBigEyexX, on 08 August 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

..snip

I mean I even heard about a KFC being looted, what use do rioters have with chicken? :blink:

..snip

Have you never been in a riot mate? You get very hungry of that stuff:) And people gotta eat:D

Demvaril #17 Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7572 battles

View PostXxMagpiexX, on 09 August 2011 - 07:45 AM, said:

OK, so let me get this straight. Because a obscure man got shot dead by police means that nobody can riot to show the outrage of the community and that it was wrong to do so?

No they cannot - not ever!! there are channels to go through and an inquiry is underway into what happened - these riots are an excuse to loot and cause violence, it now has absolutely nothing to do with some scumbag being shot.

X101 #18 Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25517 battles
  • [DTIN] DTIN
Hm i live in weary troubled place and i can tell you that this is just outrage of people who have every day hard time living. Killing of that guy only started all this shit but real reasons are deep with in those communities. Local government should pay more attention to its on people and spend less money and resources fighting some other countries wars, but rather to invest in local communities, jobs schools etc.

Dark_Cartographer #19 Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12151 battles
I lived in London for work once and I have to say that this doesn't really surprise me. The people in the estates are poor both, financially and education wise. This however is no excuse, as it is their self made culture that reigns in these estates (gangster/chav or however you what to call it) and that is dictating their actions at the moment, the death of that young man is only an excuse, nothing more.

Zenith #20 Posted 09 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles
No.

Destroying the lives of innocent people is never justifiable, whatever the reasons, and it simply proves that they are savages and nothing more. The sooner they are dealt with the better, hell, if my preferred methods were used, these riots would be over inside of a few hours!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users