• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Hokman #1 Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49959 battles
  • [SOF] SOF

D-Day Charity Stream on Twitch TV playing World of Tanks

Well, decided to give something a go and see how it works. Decided to do something for charity this year. So this Friday evening, I am doing a 24 hour charity video gaming stream marking D-Day, raising money for the Help for Heroes Charity.

I will be playing World of Tanks solidly for 24 hours, playing only on tanks used on D-Day (i.e a mix of German, British, USA and Canadian Tier 4-6 tanks - fun....... smile emoticon ;). I will also be doing some educational bits every hour around what happened at that time on D-Day.

The schedule will look something like this: 

Friday 5th July - 10pm BST - Start streaming, ensuring the tech all works and general chit chat

Saturday 6th June - 00.01 BST - Start the 24 hour stream 

• Top of every hour: Do a 5mins "What happened on D-Day in this hour" short presentation / chat 
  • 45mins of Tank play
  • Review donations comments and read out all comments left on Donations site 
  • 00:10 - 05:00 - USA / Canadian D-Day Tanks
  • 05:00 - 10:00 - German Tanks 
  • 10.00 - 15:00 - British Tanks 
  • 15:00 - 23.45 - Mix it up / requests 

Sunday 7 June 00.00 BST - Finish up and read out final messages / summarise how much has been raised then go to bed when feel I am done! 

I will have the odd toilet break / get food and drinks from kitchen run but will try and play solidly for as much time as possible.

You can watch the stream live on Twitch TV by going direct to the stream using www.HokmanTV.com - this will take you directly to my Twitch streaming feed. I will also have my 25 person Teamspeak 3 server running if anyone wants to chat - the TS3 server details are:

TS3 Server namets.Hokmantv.com
Password: bald (blame an online buddy Stearsy for that).

I have also set up a Just Giving donation page where people can donate to: http://uk.virginmone...ng.com/HokmanTV

I have set an initial target of £500 but would be good if this could be exceeded. They are a good charity and I firmly believe in supporting our Armed Forces, whatever crappy political decisions are made that send them into harms way. You can check them out as a charity at http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/how-we-help/about-us/ where you can check out their annual accounts to see that they are well run.

Would be great to have some company to talk to on TS3 or in chat, and will happily do Platoons with people using the right D-Day tanks.I just want to do something positive this year for charity so some support from other players would be fantastic. 

So drop in, watch me play tanks, but most importantly, if you got some spare cash, make a donation on the donation page (before anyone asks, I have disabled my Twitch donations capability to ensure people donate direct to the Just Giving page rather than via my Twitch donations functionality so the money goes nowhere near any of my own bank accounts).

Cheers for any support offered and drop by and say hello!

Paul (Hokman)

TsundereWaffle #2 Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26901 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
+1 will definitely come and watch the stream, not for the full 24 hours though.

Hokman #3 Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49959 battles
  • [SOF] SOF
Will be underway in 6 hours  :)  Drop in and say Hi!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users