• This topic is locked This topic is locked
138 replies to this topic

Murphy1up #1 Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

Greetings,

Please leave any general feedback about the Armageddon mini campaign in this thread.  Note that this section requires 50 battles played before a player can post, so please no trolling on alt accounts. Any off topic or flame baiting posts will be deleted and ignored.  Lets get some proper and well thought out feedback please so we can pass it on.  

Things that are not ok  - "It's crap, omg WG don't you care?"

Things that are ok - "I don't like it because - *insert list of sensible and well thought out points with perhaps even solutions to improve points raised*

Please remember that Armageddon isn't a full 40 day campaign, so don't try to compare it to an event like that. This is your chance to make your feedback count.

Thanks in advance

guest273 #2 Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles
I don't like it because - *More people can buy IS-5 than earn it. That's very skill rewarding for my unicum wallet.*

Edited by guest273, 04 June 2015 - 05:52 PM.

Murphy1up #3 Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postguest273, on 04 June 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

I don't like it because - *More people can buy IS-5 than earn it. That's very skill rewarding for my unicum wallet.*

Out of interest, do you feel it would be better if we only had 4500 available for the top ranked Fame Points and then no one else has an opportunity to get the tank? (as in line with similar past mini campaigns).

guest273 #4 Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

View PostEctar, on 04 June 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Out of interest, do you feel it would be better if we only had 4500 available for the top ranked Fame Points and then no one else has an opportunity to get the tank? (as in line with similar past mini campaigns).

(Sorry, my English sometimes sounds broken.)

No, no, no...Ectar you are the master of words, yet I never said that.

Give the IS-5 to the top 8-10k players by fame points and sell 1-4k extra IS-5's to anyone.

The name of the event is "clan wars" not "wallet wars", so the people playing in clans should earn the tanks. Maybe not even the best players but the ones that play the most active and are dedicated to it.

Yeah, ok you guys are making an event for the players, that's nice. No problem with you earning some money but the tank is really OP. (at least by stats) I can understand why selling it to not so good players pays off.

1) You guys get money to sponsor the next events.

2) The skill needed for achieving ace tanker and 3 gun marks is reduced, it causes less stress for the good players.

I'm just asking that you guys let the players earn more IS-5's than buy them. Only top 4,5k players earn then so that means the top 15 clans will get them 100% and the top 16-100 clans can try to get them, the non-unicum clans don't really have much of a chance of getting them. While someone who hasn't participated in the event can just buy the tank. (If I get this correct)

Suggestion 1 - let the top 6k players earn the tank and sell it to 6k people, that's at least 50:50 balance in playing/buying. That at least will bring the hope back for some people that wanted to earn the tank not buy it. Otherwise I lost my hopes and will be participating only in 5 games for the event to get the badge for participation.

Seriously what's the point of playing then, I can just buy a CW reward tank. Why not buy a blue+ (WN8) account then also?

Suggestion 2 - the top 4,5k get IS-5, the next 2k get something like T23E3 (I'm not sure what it's called) and the next 2k by fame points get like Locust or some small premium tank. More people will feel like they have accomplished something more than just participation.

Edit: 11k for last campaign was nice. Now the player count has grown a bit let the top 12,5k earn the tank and sell it to 2-3k others.  - What i'm trying to say - the more people will have the chance to earn the tanks the bigger interest players will show. But IS-5 is pretty OP so if too many players get it it's also not very good.

Edited by guest273, 04 June 2015 - 06:25 PM.

Xerkics #5 Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9826 battles
  • [NRC] NRC
I suggest you release clan Wars tanks with a exlusive skin for the CW players and then 6-12 months down the line allow them to be purchasable with gold with standard skin/camo by everyone. For tier 10s maybe make it so only players with tier 10 tanks can buy them to avoid tier 1 players in tier 10.

Monster95alpha19 #6 Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA

View PostEctar, on 04 June 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

Yes

I belive Special Tanks like M60/VK7201K/Obj907/Obj260/T23E3 etc, should not be allowed to be bought..I mean, there are skilled players that actually fight week(s) to obtain it and then a non-skilled one, comes and buys it in 5 minutes.

So IS5 to be this kind of special aswell

Edited by Titaniu, 04 June 2015 - 10:07 PM.

Lost_Cause #7 Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29569 battles

View PostEctar, on 04 June 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

isn't it a competition? 

Nekrodamus #8 Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 48505 battles
  • [LEOFL] LEOFL

First let me thank you for the increased chance to get this reward tank.

In my opinion, for the non-unicum clans both mini-campaigns were harder to master than the last two big campaigns. The short duration and the relatively low number of prices didn't allow for any time or performance 'break'.

So increasing the number of free tanks by 500 was nice, but allowing the next 6,500 players to buy it, is simply amazing - allthough I didn't notice this on the first sight.

It's only the huge financial gap between place 4,500 and 4,501, what upsets so many people!

Unfortunately earning some extra gold durring the event to pay the tank is no real option, as those who earn the gold are obviously the same who get the tank for free allready.

A smoother increase from 'for free' to 'pay 12,000 gold' might have been the way to go. Perhaps with some token system like we had it with the WZ-111 mission.

This 'the higher your rank, the cheaper the tank will be' would have had the additional effect, that the people would be teased to really fight for better ranks even on the very last day.

Edited by Nekrodamus, 05 June 2015 - 09:33 AM.

tcfreer #9 Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 68429 battles
  • [JFL-1] JFL-1
While everything posted above is reasonable,  it then looks like wg are basically only dealing with the top 1% of clans.

They need the big money earners who collect tanks to be able to spend money.

Maybe have it sorted only clan members can purchase the tank and not none clan members.

Murphy1up #10 Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postguest273, on 04 June 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

(Sorry, my English sometimes sounds broken.)

No, no, no...Ectar you are the master of words, yet I never said that.

Give the IS-5 to the top 8-10k players by fame points and sell 1-4k extra IS-5's to anyone.

The name of the event is "clan wars" not "wallet wars", so the people playing in clans should earn the tanks. Maybe not even the best players but the ones that play the most active and are dedicated to it.

I never said you said that. I added in brackets why I put that alternative as it's based on the previous MINI campaigns. Not the full 40 day Campaigns that reward tier 10 tanks.

Lets put some things into perspective:

Twilight of the Gods:  mini campaign - 10 day event.

Clan Wars Stage 3: full campaign - 40 day event.

Armageddon: mini campaign - 10 day event

Twilight of the Gods rewards - 4000 tier VII tanks with normal income modifiers

Clan Wars Stage 3 reward - 11,000 Unique tier 10 with normal income modifiers

Armageddon mini campaign - 4500 tier VIII tanks with premium income modifiers 

Your suggestion is that for a 10 day event, we reward roughly the same amount of players for a 40 days event, with a prize that is effectively better? (both tanks are unique, but the IS-5 will generate you more credits).

von_chom #11 Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17146 battles
  • [_CALM] _CALM

give them a finger and they will take your whole arm.

i srsly feel sorry for WG in this case, the rewards are significantly improved

only blind one cannot see this !

FidelisRaven #12 Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39456 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I like the idea of 50:50 ratio at least between earned and bought tanks. I also support the suggestion that ONLY the tanks earned in the campaign have special camo paints to distinguish them from the others. 

FidelisRaven #13 Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 39456 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
P.S: Btw, when will we know campaign rules? And the exact date? An hour before the event starts? 

Also, will the new global map mechanics that was ninja introduced without any clarification be active on campaign map as well? And when will we finally know the EXACT rules with respect to how many chips are needed for battle not to be canceled etc? 

Edited by FidelisRaven, 05 June 2015 - 12:15 PM.

LilJumpa #14 Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 20912 battles
  • [--S--] --S--

Give my props to your "news" department or whoever is responsible for the timeline in your eventplanning.

Releasing two main page articles about the IS-5 and some medals that not many people actually care about without even mentioning the small little details like a start date, the vehicle tier, duration of the campaign, ......

That information is provided through forum posts of various CMs all over forums (RU, EU, SEA) always being semi-official because you know, its just a forum post.

In 3.5 days the Campaign is starting on the SEA server, +1 day for EU, +2 for RU and all I have seen was some repost about the event rules from SEA server. And that was not even by a guy with the shiny red markings.

98% of all players, you know the ones not being on the forums because they are not interested, or being in the wrong part of the forums will see the event rules when? 1 day before the event?

This campaign is for clans, which are managed by a bunch of people who also need time for preparations and have to inform their members with a little bit of time in advance.

I am mainly writing this feedback for newer clans, who want to participate in this kind of event for the first time. Older clans know how scarce the information is untill shortly before the campaign and have started preparing beforehand.

But those tiny little details, like the randomly picked landing tournament (with a random map) when you want to fulfill your clans tasks are kind of important for preparation, don't you think?

Hope this was an "ok"isch feedback for you

Solution: project management

Edited by LilJumpa, 05 June 2015 - 01:32 PM.

guest273 #15 Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

View PostEctar, on 05 June 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I added in brackets why I put that alternative as it's based on the previous MINI campaigns. Not the full 40 day Campaigns that reward tier 10 tanks.

Lets put some things into perspective:

Twilight of the Gods:  mini campaign - 10 day event.

Clan Wars Stage 3: full campaign - 40 day event.

Armageddon: mini campaign - 10 day event

Twilight of the Gods rewards - 4000 tier VII tanks with normal income modifiers

Clan Wars Stage 3 reward - 11,000 Unique tier 10 with normal income modifiers

Armageddon mini campaign - 4500 tier VIII tanks with premium income modifiers 

Your suggestion is that for a 10 day event, we reward roughly the same amount of players for a 40 days event, with a prize that is effectively better? (both tanks are unique, but the IS-5 will generate you more credits).

Ahh. You guys want to sell tanks with premium income modifiers only.  :trollface:

But this does make things clearer. +1 for the explanation. I never before understood that there was such a difference between the CW campaigns/mini campaigns - because I started participating in CW only in the 3rd campaign.

DosMetros #16 Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:42 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 24068 battles

View Postguest273, on 05 June 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

Ahh. You guys want to sell tanks with premium income modifiers only.  :trollface:

But this does make things clearer. +1 for the explanation. I never before understood that there was such a difference between the CW campaigns/mini campaigns - because I started participating in CW only in the 3rd campaign.

Can you [edited]off and let Ectar answer real questions instead of wasting his time with your BS? You typed a full page of nonsense which was basically whining about the amount of reward tanks and you still can't [edited]differentiate between full- and mini-campaigns.

Ectar, you guys surely know by now the problems fame points bring with regards to how they are implemented. It has been pointed out every campaign that it causes competition and problems within the clans. Instead the clan as a whole should be focused on competing against other clans as whole. Not just the top 5, but also the top 15-30. I think these sudden cut-off limits for tanks with certain positions will cause a lot of stress within some clans.

Why not have a much more gradual multiplier for clans starting at the top and going all the way down to 30th place for instance? Just to throw some numbers out there, start with a 5x multiplier at 1st place and then a gradual decrease to 1.5x at 30th position (can of course be debated). The clans will be much more focused on achieving a better position to increase their multiplier so their players have a greater chance to get the reward.

Edited by DosMetros, 05 June 2015 - 11:57 PM.

GespensterJaeger #17 Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38078 battles

Dear ectar can u Clarify how to get the is-5 tank ? atm the rules are frigging complicated as HELLL.

so wich one is it ?

1st IF u get max fame points as a player and ur clan gets 0 fame points u get a tank for free if ur in top 4k?

2nd YOU HAVE TO BOTH have the player and clan to get fame points to get the tank for free ?

3rd CLAN has to get fame points to get the tank ?

wich one is it ? rules are friggin complicated as hell please clarify in simple frigging english how to get the is5 thanks ;)

RaeudigerRonny #18 Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26100 battles

View PostGespensterJaeger, on 05 June 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Dear ectar can u Clarify how to get the is-5 tank ? atm the rules are frigging complicated as HELLL.

so wich one is it ?

1st IF u get max fame points as a player and ur clan gets 0 fame points u get a tank for free if ur in top 4k?

2nd YOU HAVE TO BOTH have the player and clan to get fame points to get the tank for free ?

wich one is it ? rules are friggin complicated as hell please clarify in simple frigging english how to get the is5 thanks ;)

Read the rules ;)

Coldius #19 Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9414 battles
  • [SALTY] SALTY

View PostGespensterJaeger, on 05 June 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

so wich one is it ?

Right so if I have understood it properly.

If you want to get the tank. You have to be ranked among the top 11000 players on Personal Famepoints and your clan has to be in the top 135 clans on Clan Famepoints.

Only a limited amount of people will be able to get the tank for free. 4500 will be given away for free. 6500 people will have the chance to buy the tank for 12000 gold aslong as their clan is ranked within the top 135 clan based on Clan Famepoints and aslong as you yourself are ranked among the top 11000 players based on Personal Famepoints.

Coldius #20 Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9414 battles
  • [SALTY] SALTY

My question for the staff:

What is the thought behind lowering the gold income on the regular global map?

I always found it awesome that lesser skilled clans could farm gold for a short amount of time in order to provide their members with some much needed gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users