• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

goirad #1 Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60898 battles
  • [3ADS] 3ADS

Hello Tankers,
this is a guide to the T49 the Tier 8 American Light tank.

First off: Its not a scout but more of a mobile TD!

Stats:  http://tank-compare....I434I47I642I115

Some General Points: 
1. The T49 is a tank with great mobility it can reach 72 kph, it does however accelerate and turn slower than some other light tanks of its tier. 
2. It has absolutely no armor thus it will be penned by nearly every shell and HE shells will wreck you.

3. The gun is really troll, both for you and for the enemy (you will at example fail to pen another T49 frontally and the next shot you take goes through the side of a T57 Heavy moving full speed)
    the horrible accuracy and aimtime as well as the long reload make this a hard tank to succeed in I would not recommend this tank to beginners

Recommended equipment: Rammer, Vertical Stabilisers, Vents/Optics

With BIA Vents and a 3 Skill Crew I pushed the reload down to 18.99 Seconds, this can be further enhanced by using Special Rations to about 18 seconds.

Your aiming circle is often bigger than displayed (there is a maximum of how big one is displayed ingame) thus make sure you zoom out to check whether you are fully aimed.

PRO TIP: HOLD DOWN YOUR RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON TO LOCK THE TURRET IN PLACE WHILST DRIVING THIS TANK AND AIM YOUR TANK IN THE DIRECTION OF THE ENEMY

this massively reduces your aim circle bloom and makes you ready to fire much quicker. Edit: found proof for it other people (unicums) have found the same thing: http://forum.wotlabs...on-figured-out/

Ammunition: USE HE OR PREM HE for Targets with less than 60 mm effective armor and targets with more than 110 mm effective armor

USE HEAT for targets with effective armor values between 60 mm and 110 mm

EG: Back of IS7 = HEAT Back of T57 HEAVY = HE mediums side= HE medium Back = HE

IF IN DOUBT LOAD HE!

Recommended Crew Skills.
Commander: Sixth Sense, BIA , Camo

Gunner; Snap Shot, BIa, Camo

Driver; Smooth Ride, BIA, Camo

Loader: Safe Stowae, BIA, Camo

Playstyle;

Counterscout: Enemy scouts fear this gun, make sure you can kill them or can fall back from an engagenebt since if you miss or dont killl them........they will try to kill you!

Supercamo TD: Just just harrass heavily armored tanks with your Derp gun from far and close

USE YOUR 10 DEGREES OF GUN-DEPRESSION!!! to poke over ridges and suprise your enemies

If there is anything I can Add feel free to post it below

GOIRAD

tnk_x5000 #2 Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31702 battles

I really wouldn't waste the view range. I have binoculars for passive scouting and everything else is for fighting. There are moments where you will be left to be the only light tank - all other are destroyed or you are the only in the team. Though, I am not sure about the binoculars. I wonder if I should place optics. Binos - more view range, but only when stationary, Optics - less view range, but at all times. Advices?

Also, as a former KV-2 owner, I kinda feel like there is something Stalin-ish in the gun.

goirad #3 Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60898 battles
  • [3ADS] 3ADS

View Posttnk_x5000, on 11 June 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I really wouldn't waste the view range. I have binoculars for passive scouting and everything else is for fighting. There are moments where you will be left to be the only light tank - all other are destroyed or you are the only in the team. Though, I am not sure about the binoculars. I wonder if I should place optics. Binos - more view range, but only when stationary, Optics - less view range, but at all times. Advices?

Also, as a former KV-2 owner, I kinda feel like there is something Stalin-ish in the gun.

I am not playing this as a scout tank rather as an extremely mobile TD with light tank camo that has scouting capabilities, since my T49 has 3.5 crew skills I have never been in a situation where I felt that the view range was too bad or something, but I guess if youn want to play it as a scout I would go for Binos since you will be stationary a lot to aim your gun, maybe switch the rammer or the vents out for it

ZebraF4CE_CRO #4 Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22149 battles

i use vents and optics, and my viewrange goes over the 445m vr cap. If it doesnt go over cap, i usually put Binos on my lights because i want to spot, lets say, an e100 at that 445m distance, but ofc that binos are better if you want to spot light tanks and tanks with good camo in general at long distances
Edit: and also rammer, you definetly need gun rammer on t49:teethhappy:

Edited by ZebraF4CE_CRO, 12 June 2015 - 08:58 PM.

goirad #5 Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60898 battles
  • [3ADS] 3ADS
UPDATE: GOt my second GUn Barrel Mark of Excellence

KillSlim #6 Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15436 battles

View Postgoirad, on 18 June 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

UPDATE: GOt my second GUn Barrel Mark of Excellence

Average damage per battle? I have my first mark. What gun do you use?

Hogwild_Gankhammer #7 Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23820 battles
  • [ROOW] ROOW

I use the optics + I have a very good, 4 skill crew in mine.  I have situational awareness at 100% and recon currently stand at 86% and that, maths fans, gives you a max view range of 473m with a little more to be added on once recon is at 100%.

Edited by Hogwild_Gankhammer, 12 July 2015 - 12:04 PM.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #8 Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Posttnk_x5000, on 11 June 2015 - 08:43 PM, said:

A tank made for mobility should not be equipped with equipment which requires you to sit still for X amount of time. So don't put binocs on (most) LT's....

I use binocs if I don't have credits for equipment that improves the fighting capabilities of my tank. But only then (I also keep a few repair boxes (the equipment, not the consumable)  for the same purpose)

Plus the maps that allow passive scouting have been nerfed into corridor maps.

goirad #9 Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 60898 battles
  • [3ADS] 3ADS

View PostKillSlim, on 19 June 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

Average damage per battle? I have my first mark. What gun do you use?

BIG GUN, av dmg 1200 ish

tnk_x5000 #10 Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31702 battles

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 08 July 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

A tank made for mobility should not be equipped with equipment which requires you to sit still for X amount of time. So don't put binocs on (most) LT's....

I use binocs if I don't have credits for equipment that improves the fighting capabilities of my tank. But only then (I also keep a few repair boxes (the equipment, not the consumable)  for the same purpose)

Plus the maps that allow passive scouting have been nerfed into corridor maps.

The T49 is a bit sluggish by my standards. It can get to where it is needed when it is needed, but the traverse and acceleration feel like a mobile medium. That is why I preferred the binoculars. And it works well. Staying in a place with a good view, where I can calmly aim and spot something at the same time. But yeah, I do agree with putting all the equipment that improves the gun, despite the T49 being a light tank.

tsounts #11 Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32747 battles

My complete post is below (I messed up)

Edited by tsounts, 01 September 2015 - 08:18 PM.

tsounts #12 Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32747 battles

I love this tank (for the time being), finished LT15 for T28C with it but I'd say it was a lucky game .  

I have played around with various setups and ended up with vents, optics, and vstab but also vents, vstab & gld is another good setup for "optimal" gun handling.  (RNG will have the final saying no matter what we do)

BIA does help with this vehicle.

Generally speaking optics help with the occasional spotting but it's not always certain that your team will make advantage of it.....

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_016.jpg   384.69K
  • Attached File   shot_015.jpg   347.68K

Tazilon #13 Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

Block Quote

this massively reduces your aim circle bloom and makes you ready to fire much quicker. Edit: found proof for it other people (unicums) have found the same thing: http://forum.wotlabs...on-figured-out/

I find it strange people are just now figuring this out.  I've been teaching not to rotate your turret but move your tank instead every since I started publishing my Scout guide in .pdf format 3+ years ago.  You don't even need to lock your turret - just don't  move it. Pre-aim the turret the direction you will need it then drive your line of fire over the target.   

From my Scout Guide published in 2011 and then continued on my original website

"Whenever you turn your turret, the aiming reticle lags behind the turret and doesn't catch up until your turret stops rotating. Not only does that make shooting on the run difficult, but whenever you shoot while you are turning your turret you incur an accuracy penalty to boot.

The technique I offer here is extremely effective with targets fairly close to you.

As you make your firing pass on the enemy, do not try to keep your gun pointed at him unless you are driving directly at him. If you are approaching at an angle or partially circling him, keeping your gun pointed at your target almost ensures you are constantly moving your turret, thus constantly suffering from reticle lag and invoking the accuracy penalty, as well. Even a small amount of turret movement can throw off your shot. Instead, try doing this: Fix your gun at a specific angle "upwind" from the enemy. Then leave the turret fixed. The reticle will catch up to the gun and as you drive past the target, the reticle will also be fixed and stable and no penalty is assessed. Fire your weapon when the gun points at the enemy as you pass by. The following series of pictures demonstrates what I mean."

Edited by Tazilon, 02 September 2015 - 03:59 AM.

tsounts #14 Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32747 battles

And another nice setup, rammer, vstab, gld particularly if BIA and some spotting skills are in effect.  That decrease in loading time can allow you to shoot the passing by tank if he's trying to flee.

It worked rather well in this match and got me 3982 assisted damage (it's also a matter of luck though)

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_017.jpg   360.21K

Edited by tsounts, 08 September 2015 - 07:26 AM.

Candarian #15 Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35517 battles
  • [PAFLO] PAFLO

both viewrange skills + bia + vent = 440 m + food = 460

scout = food 

td = hungry crew

i go with v-stab gdl vent

it doesnt need a rammer but everything that improve aiming

rammer is more or less useless on this tank

if u fire to often u are dead

best is they forget u and then u can fire again

and dont do anything u would do in an other scout

the t49 cant do that

its a fast td that can spot

its way to slow for anything else than passiv scouting and even there it is bad somehow

and with that setup this tank feels finaly like a stock tank

its for sure a downgrade from the bulldog in points of speed camo and gun

and my opinion 

the t49 is a not so good tank as it is

Edited by Candarian, 10 September 2015 - 11:57 PM.

T49_is_weak #16 Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20585 battles

View PostCandarian, on 10 September 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

both viewrange skills + bia + vent = 440 m + food = 460

scout = food 

td = hungry crew

i go with v-stab gdl vent

it doesnt need a rammer but everything that improve aiming

rammer is more or less useless on this tank

if u fire to often u are dead

best is they forget u and then u can fire again

and dont do anything u would do in an other scout

the t49 cant do that

its a fast td that can spot

its way to slow for anything else than passiv scouting and even there it is bad somehow

and with that setup this tank feels finaly like a stock tank

its for sure a downgrade from the bulldog in points of speed camo and gun

and my opinion 

the t49 is a not so good tank as it is

↑  pls don`t trust him hes a noob ....

T49 is a very good scout if its needed ...

and hes no fcking Td ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users