Need Clan advice

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Ulfhedinn_ #1 Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Hi,

I'm a mature UK player with a big game count, but I've very much played as a solo player in Randoms (as an active skirmisher), never really bothered with high tier, never bothered with platooning. However, I want to get into top tier properly, I want to play CW's etc, but I'm finding my very active skirmishing play-style & loner approach doesn't work high tier, I need to play with more knowing / better others in order to learn & develop a more patient profitable habit. And I want to play more with decent others.

However, although I am very tribal / loyal & a team player, I really struggle with informal social situations (I had something happen & am rehabilitating) which is why I've not platooned. Both to help me rehabilitate & to help me get to where I want in the game, I need to find a Clan or group, probably just a training one (so I'm not a burden or getting under their feet), with a formal approach (in actual play & around it) to training & tooning who would be willing to help me get up to speed. And I don't mean an ace stat Clan, just one with some other knowledge to mine (which is all skirmishing) and that can bear with me a bit socially or not worry cuz it's formal anyway.

I looked at SGTA but couldn't get access to their website to apply, and guess they're probably inundated anyway & probably wouldn't want to bother with someone so established in game already. So, can anyone suggest decent training Clans with a formal approach who might be able to help get me up to speed? TY

Edit - I'm green, 1542 WN8 & 54.94%wr, potential to go higher though cuz being an active scout / skirmisher I didn't really play for damage, as per my stupid count of 354 patrol duty medals. Pls ignore my recent stats a bit, I took a 5 month break, came back a few days ago & am just kicking round in tanks now rather than doing anything proper. Also I don't use & have never used mods, but because I'm not clever with computers more than anything else and wasn't confident enough. Would be happy to use mods if necessary & with help. And, as per my post count I've been very active on forum, but would stop that when I had a Clan tag if required :-)

Edited by Maxmk6, 05 June 2015 - 01:37 PM.

Outfielder #2 Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Max forgot to mention that he is also a very nice guy.....:great:

Ulfhedinn_ #3 Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles
Thnx Outy. I'm always open to invites btw lol :-)

touch_of_death #4 Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 61277 battles
  • [WU_PA] WU_PA

we at fang are probably the most laid back clan you will ever meet and could defo help you ease back into the game and also you wont get any rubbish or attitude on ts we are far to old for that juvenile behaviour(mostly)

i shall pm you in game for a chat and offer you our ts details to see/hear for yourself before making a decision regarding your future gaming experience 

scrontch #5 Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 24785 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostMaxmk6, on 05 June 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I really struggle with informal social situations (I had something happen & am rehabilitating) [...]

Just out of curiosity, what does that mean?

With formal approach, do you mean you're looking for someone else telling you what to do? Why would you need that? You seem to be a decent player that can take decisions on his own.

Or is it the verbal part of informal social situations (aka smalltalk) that you're uncomfortable with?

If so, check out  SPIKE or  RADIO. We are silent clans. (no voice comms). Yet still with a focus on team play. For above-average players.

Edited by scrontch, 05 June 2015 - 02:06 PM.

Outfielder #6 Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostMaxmk6, on 05 June 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Done :)

SpruntyMcDuff #7 Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 29997 battles
  • [STDS] STDS

STDS Have a fairly nice balance of relaxed to more formal play and individual mentoring if desired. We are largely a mature bunch so TS ranges from monastic silence if desired to casual chit-chat. Platoons are expected to play in an organized manner and our SH and TB games are most definitely team play oriented and formal.

I'd be quite happy to have a chat with you about your particular needs and goals Max. So feel free to message me by PM or In-game.

Tiger_Snake #8 Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36299 battles
  • [B--R] B--R

View PostMaxmk6, on 05 June 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Hey max give outy and his boys a go they are very nice and you can learn a lot if for what ever reason you don't want to go their i can offer you a place in my second clan until you either improve you clan war experience or you find you dont like clan wars. But i would think NoMadZ would suit you. Regards tiger_snake :honoring:

MisfitMarius #9 Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6492 battles
PM sent

jamesdun #10 Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23261 battles

Clanb Hello Max I am jamesdun Deputy of BURR_ and commander of the old BURR

You are an ususal player because you h are rehabilitating from an event and I know how much of a struggle that is because I have had cancer twice when I was younger. 

that's why I get offend with people that say "arty cancer scrub" and other things like that.

anyway to the clan details 

BURR_ is a social clan formed around platooning and other events like skirmishes 

Most players have a WN8 of 800 and we have a clan average of 850 WN8but are always welcoming better plays into the community and belive it or not you can still learn an alfaull lot from our plays for example me I trained up the Commander of BURR_ from 200 WN8 to 800 and he has recently been getting 2K WN8 daily  (on days which is is not banned from his PC) 

( quick side note )Clan wars - We Currently do not do clan wars BUT as soon as clan wars map 2.0 comes out we are going straight onto the map and trying as much Cw as we can at T6 and t8 to avoid the high teir clans such as EFE at T10

what we can offer you

- platoons

- fun and friendly enviroment

- a chance to compete in Clan wars 2.0

- Stronkholds

- YouTube submission (for RNG and other replays)

- Team battles

- Teamspeak

- active on social media

- A specially designed forum

and more on the way

Another topic you  brought up in your post is the use of mods. 
BURR_ has a simple modpack which is a simple drag and drop one folder to install all the mods you need IF you want to use them (some people dont) 

If you have any further questions please contact me in game or on the forums

Jamesdun deputy of BURR_

Ulfhedinn_ #11 Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View Postscrontch, on 05 June 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity, what does that mean?

With formal approach, do you mean you're looking for someone else telling you what to do? Why would you need that? You seem to be a decent player that can take decisions on his own.

Or is it the verbal part of informal social situations (aka smalltalk) that you're uncomfortable with?

If so, check out  SPIKE or  RADIO. We are silent clans. (no voice comms). Yet still with a focus on team play. For above-average players.

It's a bit too much to explain properly & not the right place to do it. But yes it's the small-talk bit, and not only me feeling awkward I don't want to make anyone else feel awkward, cuz it's my problem & it's not as if I have a problem with others nor should it be their problem. Social habit & how we present today is 99% who we were yesterday, and a big part of that 99% grew organically in us over time via social interactions, with little 1%'s we add each day. I had a temporary really serious illness / kind of accident that caused me to totally lose my social habit & ordinary everyday opportunity to recover it, so now I struggle in informal situations (and not really re confidence, it seems impolite, I can't field social questions so I don't ask them of others so conversation is hard). But I'm fine in formal situations where I have a role & can just focus on what I'm meant to be doing. So CW's teams are fine for me, platoons are difficult & stressful cuz they're too loose. Platooning with a formal structure would work. And being involved in formal situations but in a social environment like this should help me to re-establish a relaxed & natural social habit. (So either a formal slightly impersonal training or military type Clan or people are just willing to put up with me socially till I find my feet, but I'm not going to ask for that cuz no one has a right to ask to be a weight to be carried). That was my original plan when I joined WOT's, then I got distracted going skirmishing a lot then realised I haven't got anywhere I needed to. Muddling through letting it happen wasn't working, so now I'm trying to get on track by being upfront. Ty re the decent player bit :-)

Just back on now, will check through, thnx will reply in bit :-)

Edited by Maxmk6, 05 June 2015 - 08:40 PM.

Ulfhedinn_ #12 Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

Excellent, thank you for the posts & invites. I've been invited back to a really good Clan I used to be in but dropped out of when my head went a bit, decided to rejoin as they maybe know more what they're getting & I'll scare fewer horses :-)

Thank you.

(sorted, mods can junk thread pls if that's how it works, ty)

Edited by Maxmk6, 06 June 2015 - 01:30 AM.

Strange_Neighbour #13 Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:52 AM

Major

• Player
  • 2617 battles
Honestly? Apply to 3VS27, they would be the best imo. 

bushwacker001 #14 Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27275 battles

View PostMaxmk6, on 05 June 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Excellent, thank you for the posts & invites. I've been invited back to a really good Clan I used to be in but dropped out of when my head went a bit, decided to rejoin as they maybe know more what they're getting & I'll scare fewer horses :-)

Thank you.

(sorted, mods can junk thread pls if that's how it works, ty)

Good luck back in Nomadz mate.....glad to see you playing again.:)

Outfielder #15 Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostMaxmk6, on 05 June 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

No worries Max.....we don't scare easily...besides, as most people here will agree, us Nomadz aren't horses...we're donkeys with an occasional mule :teethhappy:

RedSox04 #16 Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32228 battles
Good choice Max!

Ulfhedinn_ #17 Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View PostStrange_Neighbour, on 06 June 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

Honestly? Apply to 3VS27, they would be the best imo. 

Ty for the tip & I'll bear it mind, but Nomadz are right for me right now :-)

View Postbushwacker001, on 06 June 2015 - 06:46 AM, said:

Good luck back in Nomadz mate.....glad to see you playing again.:)

Ty :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users