looking for a clan mentor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Arthur_Daley #1 Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35095 battles
Hi im looking for a clan member,who is a unicum player or near for 1 on 1 mentoring,ive got a wn8 of under 900,this is because the first 15000 games i only played for fun and not to inprove my stats. im not a bad player now and want get in a good clan but my stats do make it hard to do that.if a good clan player or clan would be able to offer me this so i can be a 1000-1500 wn8 ,I would be willing to offer them or their clan a very good donation ive got 2 tier X mediums obj140 46% w/r stb-1 48% w/r  overall w/r 47% I would like to get it to around 52% many thanks

Edited by Arthur_Daley, 15 June 2015 - 11:18 PM.

war4peace #2 Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:33 PM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 26982 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I would do the opener...

It's good you are trying to improve. What matters is your recent WN8, (e.g. last 1K battles), not your average one. You can improve it in several ways, and here's a couple free tips:

1. Try playing "well" instead of "a lot". The "MANY BATTLES" mentality is something that the game itself imposes on you from early start (gotta grind, playing a lot gets me the T10 tank anyway, etc). Try shedding that off.

2. Don't rush into battles. This is something point #1 makes you do. Patience. Sometimes you just need to do nothing for a good 2-3 minutes after battle starts, then go in and be a star.

3. Know your tanks inside out. Yes, even the less desirable ones. If you know what's weak about your tank, you will know what's weak in enemy's tank when you meet it on the battlefield.

4. Know the maps. That little bush which you can splash with a big arty shot because light tanks spot from there; this crest with just the right angle which allows your tank to hulldown perfectly; those shortcuts which enable your medium tank from going from one corner of the map to the other unspotted in less than 30 seconds.

5. Read a lot (Wiki is your friend).

6. Don't exit immediately if your tank died earl on in a battle. Go spectate the best players from your team, see what they do and how they do it.

7. Learn from your own mistakes. Point #1 generally doesn't let you. Instead, after a battle, revisit it (maybe replay it) and see what you could have done better.

8. Check out streamers, watch them play, most explain what they're doing.

9. Play all types of tanks, don't just focus on a certain tank type or nation. Try mixing tank types and nations in a single session, forces you become more adaptable.

10. Get IS-7 and never look back :) (just kidding with this one)

eXterminuss #3 Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52467 battles
  • [PHT3M] PHT3M

Have you ever doen the math how many battles on SuperUnicum level it would take you to reach 2k?

mfg eX

Arthur_Daley #4 Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35095 battles

View PosteXterminuss, on 15 June 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Have you ever doen the math how many battles on SuperUnicum level it would take you to reach 2k?

mfg eX

thx for that i didnt do my maths i was aiming a bit high have now changed my post

Arthur_Daley #5 Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35095 battles

View Postwar4peace, on 15 June 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

I would do the opener...

It's good you are trying to improve. What matters is your recent WN8, (e.g. last 1K battles), not your average one. You can improve it in several ways, and here's a couple free tips:

1. Try playing "well" instead of "a lot". The "MANY BATTLES" mentality is something that the game itself imposes on you from early start (gotta grind, playing a lot gets me the T10 tank anyway, etc). Try shedding that off.

2. Don't rush into battles. This is something point #1 makes you do. Patience. Sometimes you just need to do nothing for a good 2-3 minutes after battle starts, then go in and be a star.

3. Know your tanks inside out. Yes, even the less desirable ones. If you know what's weak about your tank, you will know what's weak in enemy's tank when you meet it on the battlefield.

4. Know the maps. That little bush which you can splash with a big arty shot because light tanks spot from there; this crest with just the right angle which allows your tank to hulldown perfectly; those shortcuts which enable your medium tank from going from one corner of the map to the other unspotted in less than 30 seconds.

5. Read a lot (Wiki is your friend).

6. Don't exit immediately if your tank died earl on in a battle. Go spectate the best players from your team, see what they do and how they do it.

7. Learn from your own mistakes. Point #1 generally doesn't let you. Instead, after a battle, revisit it (maybe replay it) and see what you could have done better.

8. Check out streamers, watch them play, most explain what they're doing.

9. Play all types of tanks, don't just focus on a certain tank type or nation. Try mixing tank types and nations in a single session, forces you become more adaptable.

10. Get IS-7 and never look back :) (just kidding with this one)

many thanks my freind ive read your tips and think the information will help greatly

touch_of_death #6 Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 61208 battles
  • [WU_PA] WU_PA

ive only recently began to bother about the numbers been a training officer for so long to way to many new or newish players that it would take a minor miracle to improve my numbers and to be honest im no accountant so meh on the stats ( i see it now as good camo from being focused) but i digress from the advise i was going to give here goes; play random team battles i have met an awful lot of unicum standard players in this format and pretty much all have added me to there friends lists for when they play this mode.

great way to get your foot in the door and break the ice and once in there you simply ask for advice and just by playing with them you will notice improvement in numbers.

good luck

AZ64 #7 Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17193 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Touch of Death is sound in his advice, his is a good clan to be in..as is ours.. you won't get one on one advice but you will have fun, and that's what this game is about..having Fun...

Arthur_Daley #8 Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35095 battles

View Posttouch_of_death, on 16 June 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

ive only recently began to bother about the numbers been a training officer for so long to way to many new or newish players that it would take a minor miracle to improve my numbers and to be honest im no accountant so meh on the stats ( i see it now as good camo from being focused) but i digress from the advise i was going to give here goes; play random team battles i have met an awful lot of unicum standard players in this format and pretty much all have added me to there friends lists for when they play this mode.

great way to get your foot in the door and break the ice and once in there you simply ask for advice and just by playing with them you will notice improvement in numbers.

good luck

thnakyou for your advice touch it makes real sence what you have said,I am now rejoining w-uni many thx again good luck for the future

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users