Hellcat sucks

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Gremlin182 #21 Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 58617 battles

Repeat as often as you like till you accept it.

The Hellcat is NOT a light tank

The Hellcat is NOT a medium tank

and the Hellcat is most definitely NOT a Heavy tank.

The Hellcat does NOT brawl.

It is a Tank destroyer and as such it is intended to be defensive not offensive

You speed is to get from A to B not run circles around an enemy tank.

You have little armour because you are not designed to trade shots with the enemy.

Your turret speed is enough to track a target without breaking camo.

Camo is excellent 20+  View range also excellent 100% crew and binocs = 462 view range

tajj7 #22 Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Played for the first time a few days ago after almost a year, seemed as decent as always, it's a bit more sluggish than it used to be and I'm not sure they needed to nerf it's reverse speed but it's still a hell of a gun for tier 6, it's still got great gun depression, great gun handling, DPM isn't bad, it's still got that superb camo and it's superb camo. And of course it's got a turret which is great for a TD. 

Picked it up again for TD-8 mission, 4 times HP in damage, did 3.7k damage in a tier 8 game

Jimbodiah #23 Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12239 battles
  • [B00TA] B00TA

View PostGremlin182, on 27 July 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

You speed is to get from A to B not run circles around an enemy tank.

Very large circles ;)  Traverse on both tank and turret are very slow. Do not try to circle an enemy tank at close-range like a LT or fast medium, you will not get far :)

kornicska #24 Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12266 battles

View Postdragonmage40, on 27 July 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

well i gave you my answer.  Yet you seem to have missed the point completely, this is a TANK DESTROYER.  Its meant to Camp, which is why it has such good view range and camo factors.  Its speed is there to allow it to get into position quickly, not go charging to the front line, and i'm guessing this is how you are playing yours, more as a light/medium rather than as a TD.

Just to re-iterate for the mentally challenged here its a friggin TD,  play it as such 

The insults hold back, I would not insult sites.
I'm not mentally retarded. I could do with it or anyázni you?
Get your head clever monkey.
Everyone here does a review to see if the dev team what's wrong.
And that is not such a jerk responses given to the people, especially not an immoral monkey

PontusJanssonsMagic #25 Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55092 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
I only played it a few times before the nerf and it was total rubbish then, it needed buff not nerf!

Jimbodiah #26 Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12239 battles
  • [B00TA] B00TA
it's quite good actually, just slow turret and traverse, but the gun and mobility (flanking) is excellent.

lnfernaI #27 Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34492 battles
Oh,the teams back then,4 or 5 Hellcats every goddam Tier 6 battle.

armholeeio #28 Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17970 battles
It has amazing camo rating and great speed, fire off a few rounds and bugger off to a new safe place. It used to be as said before hundreds of buggers in MM and you were sniped and taken apart without seeing them just like the e-25. Anybody remember the nation vs nation? If you went vs the USA it would be 3 t29's and a funk load of hellkittys not fun if you were in squishy blind tanks

spidre #29 Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34054 battles
Since the nerf it sucks, used to be one of my go to tanks. Just keeping it now because someday!!!!!!!!, they may restore it to the old killer it used to be. T67 is the much better option now

ARES_IV #30 Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15621 battles
Still is by far the best thing you can drive on tier 6. The overpowered as hell gold shell with Tier x penetration values being not small a reason for it.

Dr_Blade #31 Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29283 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Hellcat is real good, might think otherwise if I had played it 2 yrs ago, but I didn't.

Actually haven't come across a single bad T6 TD yet, they all have a good thing going.

SU-100 is probably the stronkest of the bunch with high camo and supergun, but they are all good.

I'm driving hellcat with the light turret and 76mm gun, nearly 3 tons lighter than the 90mm setup, which helps a lot with mobility.

It's weak when facing high tiers, but even in a T8 match, it's not like everybody else is T8 heavy and you're the only T6. :)

Also 76mm for historical accuracy and because with 90mm it's very close to Jackson, and I drive Jackson as well so why have two similar ones.

Bit of stats checking... and my best performing T6 TD is Hellcat with 56% win, while my worst is Dicker Max with 49%.

kornicska #32 Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12266 battles
I also have Hellcat.
But I've often tier 7-8 underdog.
12 armour def and slow rotation speed the turtlets and the TD slow circlets moving, and +  low penetration low damage. The tier 7 or 8 vehicles target the hellcet and shot the hellcat, the hellvat 1 max 2  damage and dead.
The low light tank
bumping , the hellcat deads.
Normally, such a TD, Good max sports, or explore higher tier.
Actually, this might be more characteristics TD tier 5 and tier 6 is not.
Max
would be something of a Hellcat.
If you give her ordinary penetration, higher or lower front body armor.
Check out the many millions of regular players and beginners.
Anyone who uses Hellcat and eyes tiger2 or IS-3, etc ..
Come face to face or ran him how he fights.
Not to mention
one obvious bug in the game that many people indicated.
That small distance using a periscope vision and weak.
Even the camouflage is buggy because not even close and worth seeing.
Speaking about a bug that was behind the bush Hellcat.
Shoot him an enemy and you see everyone at once.
But what disease they shoot the enemy,
not to see it shoot.
There is the skill disguise, camouflage nets, periscopes, etc.
The whole system is buggy, and the response to visual concealment.
Under these
bugs it is worth nothing if run-stop-shoot-shoot-run-stop.
Why, if they spot you you can also fixes faster than you are.
It may be rude to the player who has this problem.
But it gave the error, and must be repaired.
Or the Hellcat should be -1 tier.
Because it was not for him because I do not tier8 the medium, not the spotter.
Only a full attenuated, which is impossible with TD at the bottom of the location tier8 battle.

I use su-100 the elit an d full gun.
The su-100 1000x
more useful and better vehicle.
big damage gun and good aiming and penetration.
And good move speed and rotating .
and def armor reality.

su-100, one shot will eat Hellcat.
It is enough if he's going Hellcat and dies, and the lousy Tier1 armor.

Edited by kornicska, 30 October 2015 - 04:26 PM.

ramram70 #33 Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9996 battles

View Postdragonmage40, on 26 July 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

right just had me tea so i can now respond to this idiot.

You say you have a 3skill crew and i have no reason to doubt you as you do have over 1200 games in the kitty.  what i would like to know is how you play her.

The reason i ask is that you only have a Kill/death ratio of 0.88 with an average damage of 576 and you kill less than 1 red per game.

I play as a TD to start with abusing the view range with Binocs, and help support my medium flankers.  Keeping an eye on the minimap, if the flank starts to fail i pull back otherwise i use the speed to keep close enough to keep people within render range but far enough away that with my camo rating i'm never spotted.

Secondly what skill/perks do you have.  for me its

Cmdr - SS/Camo/BIA and 77% recon

Gunner - BIA/Camo/Snapshot 77% repairs

Driver - BIA/Camo/Smooth ride 77% clutch braking

Radio - BIA/CAmo/Sit Aware 77% repairs

Loader - BIA/CAmo/Repair 77% intuition

This loadout has given me a 2.33K/D ratio and average damage of 1083 and 1.4 kills per game.

So Hide hide hide just like any other TD and you'll be fine

Wow, your stats are amazing!

I like to play Hellcat but unfortunately I usually forget it has zero armour, slow RoF and reversing sucks. So I end up dead most likely in every battle.

I have 93 % Sixth sense with commander and 93 % Camo for the rest. And I've been grinding those since early summer. Also have camo net, binocs and rammer.

My Hellcat stats as attached...

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture.JPG   25.38K

Eyebot #34 Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14870 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View Postramram70, on 17 November 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Wow, your stats are amazing!

I like to play Hellcat but unfortunately I usually forget it has zero armour, slow RoF and reversing sucks. So I end up dead most likely in every battle.

I have 93 % Sixth sense with commander and 93 % Camo for the rest. And I've been grinding those since early summer. Also have camo net, binocs and rammer.

My Hellcat stats as attached...

1. Sixth sense helps quite a bit ... but usually you should avoid getting spotted in the first place ... after all, reversing in the hellcat is a PITA

2. As you have rather few battles - try to learn the maps by heart ... you need to know your spotting/firing lanes, your shrubbery, the usual scouting spots and the common movement vectors for most classes. What you want to search for are locations that allow you to abuse your gun depression, sitting in a bush is nice, but sitting behind a slope, just peeking over with just the gun exposed is nicer (and the best spots combine slopes and undergrowth ;) )

3. Knowing the maps also helps with abusing spotting mechanics ... you want to skirt the maximum spotting range (unless you got someone else spotting for you) ... there's no point rushing to a location where the usual engagement range will be 200m (even if it's over a crest) - unless you *really* know what you're doing.

4. Take a look on wotreplays.com and watch Ace tanker replays for the hellcat - it will help you tremendously esp. when it comes to 2.

5. Be patient. No point in rushing ahead. Also be patient with yourself - 3k battles means you're a newbie ... double the amount of battles and you might get a glimpse of how good/bad you actually might be ;)

View Posttajj7, on 27 July 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

Played for the first time a few days ago after almost a year, seemed as decent as always, it's a bit more sluggish than it used to be and I'm not sure they needed to nerf it's reverse speed but it's still a hell of a gun for tier 6, it's still got great gun depression, great gun handling, DPM isn't bad, it's still got that superb camo and it's superb camo. And of course it's got a turret which is great for a TD. 

Picked it up again for TD-8 mission, 4 times HP in damage, did 3.7k damage in a tier 8 game

yeah, they hit the reverse speed rather hard. every time you have to back up under fire makes you wish for finally learning the lesson to be not to overeager when engaging the enemy :D

Edited by Eyebot, 25 November 2015 - 10:10 PM.

Firia #35 Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9288 battles
I'm a Hellcat driver, and I gotta say there is something that feels wrong with it. The turning speed of the turret isn't very nice, the reverse speed has gotten me killed, and its Zero-to-molasses acceleration doesn't make any sense. Its engine has the power to get it moving at a good speed, and it's not burdened with a bunch of armor. But the thing struggles to get up to moving speed. So if your encampment that you were able to get into right away at the start of the game starts to get overrun, you don't have much hope getting out of it because of the acceleration speeds. If that were buffed, at least none of the hard stats would need to be raised. It'd be the same tank in number, but at least it would get the lead out.

Somnorila #36 Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 57840 battles
All the nerfs that hit it made it in to a house cat but it still can bite. Few other tanks can match its stealth and has a gun that can even shred through blind IS-3's with ease. You can't play it very aggressive like a LT or MT anymore, but played cautious from afar, like a low armored TD should be played, still has very good results. The difficult part with it is that you really need a very skilled crew, 100% camo on all your members and 6th sense are imperative.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users