Clan Wars 2.0 General Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

PanzerGert #1 Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10190 battles
Hello!

Welcome to the General Feedback Thread. Here you can forward us all the feedback regarding the Clan Wars 2.0 Open Beta Test.

Cheers,
PanzerGert

H4NS0L0 #2 Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16011 battles
So far I can't see any improvement over the previous CW's, just looks exactly the same.

CroPanzer #3 Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19772 battles
  • [CARAS] CARAS

View PostH4NS0L0, on 23 June 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

So far I can't see any improvement over the previous CW's, just looks exactly the same.

They haven't actually implemented any changes so far...

H4NS0L0 #4 Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16011 battles

View PostCroPanzer, on 23 June 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

They haven't actually implemented any changes so far...

No (edited) Sherlock lel.

moomy94 #5 Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 13259 battles
  • [S0K0L] S0K0L
It says "Please note that Influence can already be gathered in Skirmishes starting from 23 June." on the portal, but we played skirmishes last night and it doesn't work

SanyaJuutilainen #6 Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20800 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postmoomy94, on 25 June 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

It says "Please note that Influence can already be gathered in Skirmishes starting from 23 June." on the portal, but we played skirmishes last night and it doesn't work

What exactly doesn't work? From this forum, it seems you get about 15 influence for a win and 0 (or very low) influence for loss at tier 6.

moomy94 #7 Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 13259 battles
  • [S0K0L] S0K0L

View PostNya_Chan, on 25 June 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

What exactly doesn't work? From this forum, it seems you get about 15 influence for a win and 0 (or very low) influence for loss at tier 6.

sry, I just read about it :)

i meant that we can't see the amount of influence earned in a skirmish :) 

SanyaJuutilainen #8 Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20800 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Yeah, the total is not yet visible, should be soon (within a week) :)

Piparimonsteri #9 Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27782 battles
  • [HSOP] HSOP

CW 2.0 open beta map now available. After reading the instructions and at first try everything seems to be running quite clearly and smoothly. This being said I can see that there is a ton of things yet to be tested and tried before even fraction of the new features can be verified. One missing feature popped in my attention immediately: possibility to search for a particular province by its name and/or map name. Second feature missing is an url link to a certain province. Quite a useful features when discussing about strategies between clan commanders.

Edit: After few more actions.

A great improvement is removing the check box for all actions to be performed. Now I can simply observe the ongoing actions simply by clicking the "Turn" button.

What I do not like is the ration of 19:00  and 21:00 area provinces. I think that there should be more even distribution between 19,20 and 21 areas. Second quite an annoying feature is what happens when turn counter advances. The map view resets entirely and one has to go through all the steps again in order to return previous position.

Edited by Piparimonsteri, 01 July 2015 - 11:08 AM.

Thrombozyt #10 Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21373 battles

One of the more annoying things is that you can only select provinces on a zoom level that very zoomed in. The whole point of e.g. color coding provinces for income is to be able to get a good overview but as soon as you zoom out to a point where you can have a clear picture of a region you lose all selection tabs and the province info tab, which is not great from a user interface point.

Also:

You could have split the Bomber module into two - one for the actual bomber squadron ingame and one for the border closing ability, which are both strong in their own right. Kind of same for the Arty module, though then you should probably buff the strategic effect to also enhance the gain from the ransack option.

Final thoughts:
- I know it's "balance values" but spamming low bids for a ton of provinces has zero to no risks. At least decrease the refund ratio to 80%.

- A module to allow a division to move twice a day (if the first move is into own territory) would be really useful

- A module to modify the start time for the battles to be 15 min earlier (e.g. pioneer bat) or later (skirmishers) would give useful option to commander

lcDumbPeople #11 Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26520 battles
  • [-A-A-] -A-A-

One of the flaws ive seen for years now:

Diplomats still cant start attacks or move chips (if there are any in 2.0)

The main reason to have a diplomat is to be a sub for clan command in alliance meetings.

Sometimes diplomats are the only english speakers in clan command and as far as i can see there is ONE job description for a diplomat now: a better version of google translator for communication between clans

In alliance meetings, you talk about map movements for hours, then you need a commander, deputy or personal officer to do anything on the map

Yes, even the friggin personal officer can do things on the map and this rank reads more like a better recruiter.

Field commanders can do it as well, which is a good idea. I often saw clans that only have commanders and FCs, them being able to start something that was talked about but then forgotten is a good thing

But as far as i can tell, there is no reason for having a diplomat, or DICKplomat as i like to call them for the above mentioned reasons

Maybe thats why you renamed it to Intelligence Officer, who can.... what... spy on enemy provinces? HORRAY! :izmena:

Edited by Zmurcht, 02 July 2015 - 02:00 PM.

SanyaJuutilainen #12 Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20800 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostThrombozyt, on 01 July 2015 - 01:11 PM, said:

- A module to modify the start time for the battles to be 15 min earlier (e.g. pioneer bat) or later (skirmishers) would give useful option to commander

That's likely very hard to implement, because remember the other clan, they have to have shifted battle time too.

XITheRookIX #13 Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12632 battles

heres a bit of feedback for you wargaming

now I don't usually don't post on here in general but  here we go

its almost impossible to actually log into the new beta map for some reason it just wont log in (which ill post about in the possible bugs section)

our clan put chips down for one landing and bid on another province (we lost the bid and being unable to log in to it we couldn't see till too late)

now the prime time for our clan in 19:00 so we put down for one on the new beta map.

with the old setup it would normally start at 19:30 earliest but with the new one it started 19:00 on the dot (now I might have missed the bit where it says it starts 19:00 on the dot). I got on at 19:05 to find we'd already lost to a technical defeat (only 11 players were online at the time)

I wonder how many clans were caught out by this.

a lot of people have families and kids myself included now my kids go to bed at 7.

which allows me to do clanwars most nights however unless the new system can be tweaked just a little clanwars wont be an option for me or the clan as a lot of us are in the same boat. and im sure theres many clans who are in the same position

Socterean #14 Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16752 battles
  • [R4VEN] R4VEN

I am not shure if here is the place where I should write this but anyway.

It would have been pretty neat to see actually Tier VI CW with 12 tanks on each team, more like the companies wich where werry well apreciated by the comunity. But 7v7 it's more like a joke, only some simplist tactics can be used in this situation with almost no possibility to win based on team coordination or map placement. In the current state you will most likely see 4 tanks travelling one side and 3 tanks traveling the other to engage the enemy and when they meet shoot each other and that's almos all. I am just saying that it would be fun if the team with more elaborate and advanced tactics to win the battle and not the silght difference of not being the noobest team to gather you victories.

I might be wrong, it's only an opinion, but I didn't enjoyed 7v7 so far because it strips off almost all the fun. Works for ESL and other tournaments but that's all, no actually need of skill is needed, you only need to actually hit the enemy and not miss your shots and you're good to go.

Edited by Socterean, 01 July 2015 - 07:56 PM.

TwoPointsOfInterest #15 Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5146 battles

I think that the waiting times need to be lowered for subsequent landing battles in a province after the first, as the games at tier 8 and 6 are way shorter, and it leaves a lot of time waiting around in between battles.

I think that the time between popup opening and the start of the battle should be reduced for 10 minutes for Tier 8 and 5 for Tier 6 (this does not include intial battles of the night however)

Thrombozyt #16 Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21373 battles

View PostNya_Chan, on 01 July 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

That's likely very hard to implement, because remember the other clan, they have to have shifted battle time too.

On the contrary - it's very simple. Prime time is e.g. 19:00, thus encounter starts between 19:20 and 19:40 and is done before 20:00. Battles for the provinces start 20:30 to 20:45. This battle start time can easily be shifted by 30 mins up or down the time line as it's determined at 19:00 and given to all clans involved. Modules with +15min and -15 min cancel each other and the max shift is 30 mins.

Artaniu #17 Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:42 PM

Corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25546 battles
Just want to add another voice to the 19:00 slot being to early.  We can field a team, but quite a number of our members can't get on that early.  I think there should be an 8 o'clock slot, for those who work late or have young families and live in the UK or Portugal.

Vahakn #18 Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 7343 battles
  • [DIIN] DIIN
Most common feedback already addressed. Most important for most is that 19:00 is too early. but overall looks ok.

A_GIO_Rob #19 Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 55748 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

we are a uk clan we have 98 members and we do cw every night  on old map we can put in 3 teams in

but with new map we can not like some one said if time stays as it is my clan wont be playing cw

my members  work and most can get on for 19.20 uk time but not for 18.50 :(

also this with making influence to  get more Division.and for modules and biding for an auction means my clan would have to spend 90 per cent of our time playing skirmish

we were up to leval 8 on strongholds and knocked buildings back to level four because were sick of top clan coming for us all the time

i no dose not cost as much to play tier 6  but why get tier tens if you cant play them in cw

you have made it good for top hundrd clans but not for clans like us

my members come on world of tanks to have fun not to spend all there time playing skirmishes to play cw

but must say map looks great shame you did not leave it as it was puting chips in and time  as old map

so for my clan stays as it is we will not be ablie to play cw anymore

Dr_Zap #20 Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57023 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA

View PostThrombozyt, on 01 July 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

On the contrary - it's very simple. Prime time is e.g. 19:00, thus encounter starts between 19:20 and 19:40 and is done before 20:00. Battles for the provinces start 20:30 to 20:45. This battle start time can easily be shifted by 30 mins up or down the time line as it's determined at 19:00 and given to all clans involved. Modules with +15min and -15 min cancel each other and the max shift is 30 mins.

This would open the door for even more top clan dominance. In current CW the only thing holding the top clans back from owning most of the map is the amount of chips. In CW 2.0 the chips are replaced by divisions, so that limitation is gone. What currently will prevent the top clans from taking most of the map is the fact that no matter how many divisions they have, they must plan on not more then 3 to max 4 battles in the same timezone because they wont have more teams to field simultaneously. If we would allow this time frame to be stretched by a module, the same top clans will be able to get 9-12 battles in same timezone, or own up to 12 provinces. If you do the math you will see the map will be owned by the top 15 clans in that scenario. So even though I understand it would give some extra options to the clans with only 1 or 2 teams, it would give even bigger advantage to the top clans with 3 or 4 teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users