but this pict might interest you guys more

No thank you. :sceptic:

tigerstreak #262 Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:04 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23878 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 12 September 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Watched Knights of Sidonia/Sidonia no Kishi (?). It was pretty good, though personally I wasn't the biggest fan of the actual artstyle of whatever. But still. ohohoh, Benisuzume..

the story line seemed to draw me in

but i do remember the opening credits being a pain in the tits, when youre watching a few episiodes lol

_Warris_ #263 Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 41083 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Is the storyline written by Rika?

ShinGetsu #264 Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24261 battles

This thread is not very popular, huh ? We're busier in the french section. :P

Well, I just recently re-wacthed Little Busters! and it's one of the best KEY Anime. It seriously is as awesome as Angel Beats! and Clannad. There are 24 + 12 episodes.

The first season of 24 episodes is less drama and more the introduction of every character in this group of 10 friends, while the second season is the answer of all the questions we had in the first season. It balances very well the drama, the jokes, and the characters depth. Riki may seems weak for an MC, but he is seriously interesting. 

Another example would be one of the first girl they introduce : Komari. At first I took here for the typical mascot character, a complete klutz not that interesting. But while I was progressing in the anime, I discovered she was way more than that : with her constant positivism, she's a real support for the others, and she's not stupid.

Chimeratech #265 Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:04 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18714 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

finished no game no life in one sitting :) 10/10 show 

now hmmmmmmmmm

now that Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan / gate / Chaos Dragon Sekiryuu Seneki are finished i'll spend the weekend binging them 

Edited by Chimeratech, 19 September 2015 - 03:04 AM.

CptBarney #266 Posted 20 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

list of anime i have seen and/or still watching.

Ga Rei zero.

Mirrai Nikki.

Corpse party.

High school dxd. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.(was watching season 3 episode 7)

One piece (dub).Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Girls und panzer.

akame ga kill. (episode 23)

overlord. (episode 1)

spice and wolf. (episode 2)

Dragonball z.

Digimon. (most)

yu gi oh. (old series)

sailor moon. (old series)

pokemon. (old series)

Gate jieitai kanochi. (episode 3)

Freezing.

elfen lied. (episode 1)

i think thats it atm.

_Warris_ #267 Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 41083 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
:hiding:

CroustibatFR #268 Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

Currently re-watching black lagoon with a friend who never saw it.

Guns, mercenaries, blood, deaths, boobs, plot twists, interesting personalities.

Just awesome.

Volfrahm #269 Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 8715 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Seems like 'Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Exodus's' second part has started.

Intense first episode, those battle scenes are just so well done..

Pandabird #270 Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35602 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Eyo.
Thought i'd bump this up.
Anyways my taste for anime is open minded but i really prefer it staying on topic, not turn into immature kawaii semi hentai crap.
This means i really love how deep the stories go, and i really like the artistic touch realism can't recreate.

Anyways i really need to find more stuff. Can't search with wifey around. She likes to watch my picks but while i'm looking, 7/10 of the material is kinda...
Whatever. Help a married guy out here.

My favourite movie of all time is 'grave of the fireflies', closely followed by metropolis. We've watched quite a lot of the popular ones like ponyo and moving castle. I just finished watching the wind rises, and it'll be the next one to enjoy with wifey, it's so awesome!

Series, yeah back in the days when we met we watched series like FMA and Bleach. But around episode 200 she made me realize that yeah, this IS repetitive.

We found our gems like awesome Hellsing and Hellsing OVA, Kaiji season one (two was ok but GODDAMN PACHINKO).

Personally i've been curious about the Evangelion package, but is it wife safe?
Mind you she loved hellsing, but i still don't want to disappoint her with yet another promising movie night that turns out to be just boobs and high pitched voices that our recent picks were.

Opinions and recommendations would be awesome, i'd totally be an anime nerd if i was able to :3

CroustibatFR #271 Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

View PostPandabird, on 25 October 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

Eyo.
Thought i'd bump this up.
Anyways my taste for anime is open minded but i really prefer it staying on topic, not turn into immature kawaii semi hentai crap.
This means i really love how deep the stories go, and i really like the artistic touch realism can't recreate.

Anyways i really need to find more stuff. Can't search with wifey around. She likes to watch my picks but while i'm looking, 7/10 of the material is kinda...
Whatever. Help a married guy out here.

My favourite movie of all time is 'grave of the fireflies', closely followed by metropolis. We've watched quite a lot of the popular ones like ponyo and moving castle. I just finished watching the wind rises, and it'll be the next one to enjoy with wifey, it's so awesome!

Series, yeah back in the days when we met we watched series like FMA and Bleach. But around episode 200 she made me realize that yeah, this IS repetitive.

We found our gems like awesome Hellsing and Hellsing OVA, Kaiji season one (two was ok but GODDAMN PACHINKO).

Personally i've been curious about the Evangelion package, but is it wife safe?
Mind you she loved hellsing, but i still don't want to disappoint her with yet another promising movie night that turns out to be just boobs and high pitched voices that our recent picks were.

Opinions and recommendations would be awesome, i'd totally be an anime nerd if i was able to :3

Short serie (24 eps ?) but still very good, with very little boobs and quite some violence, i'd recommend black lagoon. If she liked hellsing, she should like this too. It is directed to young adults. Basically, the life of a corporate japanese that gets its life forfeited by his hierarchy when he gets captured by mercenaries. He throws everything away and ends up joining them. Not the usual shonen.

Evangelion... well. If you can't stand harem anime, i would not recommend it. The story itself is somewhat good and tortured, mecha fights are impressive, lots of tension, but i can't stand these gurls characters anymore. The end of the serie is a serious BIG WTF moment, some say it is very philosophical. I suck at philosophy though.

If you like cyberpunk, you MUST watch ghost in the shell, the film, and then the serie. I think that really is the reference. Very good stuff.

On a different note, i would also recommend gintama. Very long anime but most stories are one episode long. I liked it a lot, the universe is twisted -and there are some characters that i just can't stand like the friendly space guy that laugth stupidly all the time- but it is very refreshing. I'd say it might the japanese, sometimes combat oriented of the simpsons, as a society satirical point of view.  You will find a lot of references to other anime in it, in a parodic way. The universe is a contemporary one, where aliens invaded earth in the samourai era, won, and politically annexed earth.

Different serie too, that goes on the light/parodic style like gintama, is "Slayers" . OVAs and the fiest 3 seasons are awesome; you need to watch them in order. Style is heroic fantasy, if you have some AD&D background, you'll understand when i say the heroin is evil neutral. If not, it means she is egoistic and only does what she wants, with very few regards to laws. She usually ends up blasting whole villages as collateral damage. Fun anime, although you WILL get some boobs and high pitched voices from 2 characters; they are here as parodies of 2 usual "boobs" characters, the complacent and a bit idiot huge breasted Naga, that does not miss an occasion to show her boobs at the (flat chested, short tempered) heroin, and the very shy cleric Silphiel. They don't get THAT much screen time, and it does not feel much like the usual "fan service" you'd get from hen animes. Anyway, if you like heroic fantasy that does not get too serious, this is a must see.

Stll a bit in role playing, but somewhere in cyberpunk too, there is //hack.sign. Contemporary universe, where people become addicted to a heroic fantasy MMORPG.  The technology used to connect allow users to immerse totally ingame and feel everything. The action mostly takes place ingame, but the whole anime is about the merge between that virtual world and the real world. Good, not as parodic as the previous one, much more dramatic. I have not watched it in a while, but i don't recall seeing tons of boobs in it.

There is another one with that kind of pitch named Sword art online, but ... meh. Characters are a bit boring, too young, quite some fan service... i'd say it is a copy of hack sign that was made to please a younger -or a perverted- audience.

Finally, on another very different note, very classy and artistic, has a bit of grave of fireflies touch i think (with less drama), you can watch mushishi. It is based on the japanese lore. Not much action,but very artistic and poetic.

And on a more recent note, if you like fights, despair, huge graphic quality, tension and the like, attack on titans is a must see. Serie is not over though.

Pandabird #272 Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35602 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostCroustibatFR, on 27 October 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Short serie (24 eps ?) but still very good, with very little boobs and quite some violence, i'd recommend black lagoon. If she liked hellsing, she should like this too. It is directed to young adults. Basically, the life of a corporate japanese that gets its life forfeited by his hierarchy when he gets captured by mercenaries. He throws everything away and ends up joining them. Not the usual shonen.

Evangelion... well. If you can't stand harem anime, i would not recommend it. The story itself is somewhat good and tortured, mecha fights are impressive, lots of tension, but i can't stand these gurls characters anymore. The end of the serie is a serious BIG WTF moment, some say it is very philosophical. I suck at philosophy though.

If you like cyberpunk, you MUST watch ghost in the shell, the film, and then the serie. I think that really is the reference. Very good stuff.

On a different note, i would also recommend gintama. Very long anime but most stories are one episode long. I liked it a lot, the universe is twisted -and there are some characters that i just can't stand like the friendly space guy that laugth stupidly all the time- but it is very refreshing. I'd say it might the japanese, sometimes combat oriented of the simpsons, as a society satirical point of view.  You will find a lot of references to other anime in it, in a parodic way. The universe is a contemporary one, where aliens invaded earth in the samourai era, won, and politically annexed earth.

Different serie too, that goes on the light/parodic style like gintama, is "Slayers" . OVAs and the fiest 3 seasons are awesome; you need to watch them in order. Style is heroic fantasy, if you have some AD&D background, you'll understand when i say the heroin is evil neutral. If not, it means she is egoistic and only does what she wants, with very few regards to laws. She usually ends up blasting whole villages as collateral damage. Fun anime, although you WILL get some boobs and high pitched voices from 2 characters; they are here as parodies of 2 usual "boobs" characters, the complacent and a bit idiot huge breasted Naga, that does not miss an occasion to show her boobs at the (flat chested, short tempered) heroin, and the very shy cleric Silphiel. They don't get THAT much screen time, and it does not feel much like the usual "fan service" you'd get from hen animes. Anyway, if you like heroic fantasy that does not get too serious, this is a must see.

Stll a bit in role playing, but somewhere in cyberpunk too, there is //hack.sign. Contemporary universe, where people become addicted to a heroic fantasy MMORPG.  The technology used to connect allow users to immerse totally ingame and feel everything. The action mostly takes place ingame, but the whole anime is about the merge between that virtual world and the real world. Good, not as parodic as the previous one, much more dramatic. I have not watched it in a while, but i don't recall seeing tons of boobs in it.

There is another one with that kind of pitch named Sword art online, but ... meh. Characters are a bit boring, too young, quite some fan service... i'd say it is a copy of hack sign that was made to please a younger -or a perverted- audience.

Finally, on another very different note, very classy and artistic, has a bit of grave of fireflies touch i think (with less drama), you can watch mushishi. It is based on the japanese lore. Not much action,but very artistic and poetic.

And on a more recent note, if you like fights, despair, huge graphic quality, tension and the like, attack on titans is a must see. Serie is not over though.

I'll look them up, thanks :)

&NECROMANCY4LYFE xD

_Warris_ #273 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 41083 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
*cough*

Lentomies1 #274 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29627 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Hm.. Anime dicussion thread?

Cool...

Has anyone seen Elfen lied :)

TsundereWaffle #275 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27375 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Post_Warris_, on 15 May 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

*cough*

shoud I call a doctor?

FluffyRedFox #276 Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 24514 battles

Ha, weebs.

Lots of good shows out this season imo, Rokudenashi, AoT season 2, Re:Creators and Grimoire of Zero being the ones I'm following

Desyatnik_Pansy #277 Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17338 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostLentomies1, on 22 May 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

Elfen Lied was the first anime I watched ages ago, and I didn't watch anything else for like 3 Years after that. Watched it again and somewhere after that delved more into anime. I still consider Elfen Lied as my #1 Solely for getting me into stuff, though I hold other animes such as Gurren Lagann above it in terms of actual quality or whatever. Also one of like two mangas I've read, the other being Kagerou Daze which is going nowhere atm.

Verdius #278 Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2424 battles

View Postfishbob101, on 22 May 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Ha, weebs.

Lots of good shows out this season imo, Rokudenashi, AoT season 2, Re:Creators and Grimoire of Zero being the ones I'm following

Still way too much of a backlog for me so I'll probably watch stuff when these shows have finished airing. Didn't even get to watching S2 of Konosuba yet, not to mention older series that I've been wanting to pick up/continue like Steins;gate.

Yep. I just realised that that must have been near 10 years ago as one of the first few anime I watched (after Pokemon and Bebop). Don't think I would ever rewatch it though.

Edited by Verdius, 23 May 2017 - 01:53 AM.

_Takumi_Fujiwara_ #279 Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 19882 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Not yet, but I plan to watch it in the near future. Right now I'm watching Gintama.

After that, I'll  probably watch the second season of Konosuba and look for some Touhou fanime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users