Jump to content


Anime Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #41 Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postsomegras, on 30 June 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

On topic though, I've finished Parasyte a few days ago and I'm looking for something new, anyone has some good recommendations? Only requirements are that it is not too long and good (AKA ''the kind of anime that makes you want to watch the whole thing in one go but you know that you shouldn't because it's late and then you see the sun rise so you do it anyway''-good)

 

Well personally, me being me and with the animes I like, I'd personally suggest Nagi no Asukara or Yozakura Quartet. But then again, it all depends on what kind of stuff you like. What animes I like are probably very different to what animes you like. :P



somegras #42 Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49815 battles
  • 8,708
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 July 2015 - 01:45 AM, said:

But then again, it all depends on what kind of stuff you like.

 

As long as it's good I usually don't really care about the genre, I think I've seen almost every genre by now. Haven't dropped a single one yet, only Higschool of the dead or something, too much of the ''you know what'' stuff for my likings.

 

Also, thanks warisoverdragon, I'll look through it.



Desyatnik_Pansy #43 Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:13 AM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postsomegras, on 01 July 2015 - 01:11 AM, said:

As long as it's good I usually don't really care about the genre, I think I've seen almost every genre by now. Haven't dropped a single one yet, only Higschool of the dead or something, too much of the ''you know what'' stuff for my likings.

 

I watched HSoTD, only because I saw the first episode like yeeeaaarrrsss ago on Bungie.net and though I HATED the living **** out of it I have a bit of a problem wherein I often feel that if I start watching one I have to finish it. :facepalm:

 

I'm just gonna leave this here;

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Corporal_Derpy



Chimeratech #44 Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18712 battles
  • 3,431
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011
people would think im insane if said i watched 550ish episodes of one piece in a month 

Desyatnik_Pansy #45 Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostChimeratech, on 01 July 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

people would think im insane if said i watched 550ish episodes of one piece in a month 

 

I wouldn't say insane but I'm impressed by your apparent dedication.

Chimeratech #46 Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18712 battles
  • 3,431
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 July 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

 

I wouldn't say insane but I'm impressed by your apparent dedication.

 

i guess you could say im a fanboy of the series but it's not like i run around saying it's better than 75% of other anime's when it really isn't 

Desyatnik_Pansy #47 Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:47 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostChimeratech, on 01 July 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

i guess you could say im a fanboy of the series but it's not like i run around saying it's better than 75% of other anime's when it really isn't 

 

Nah, the most impressive part is continuing to watch it each day for a month. Even if I picked my favourites out there I couldn't probably find the enthusiasm to watch more of it every day for a month.



Chimeratech #48 Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18712 battles
  • 3,431
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 July 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

 

Nah, the most impressive part is continuing to watch it each day for a month. Even if I picked my favourites out there I couldn't probably find the enthusiasm to watch more of it every day for a month.

 

honestly don't have a clue what it was that got me so hooked but the lore and universe literally sucks me in like a black hole 

 

haven't counted but i swear to god i look up something one piece related every few hours  

 

might be an unhealthy obsession 


Edited by Chimeratech, 01 July 2015 - 08:53 PM.


Desyatnik_Pansy #49 Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostChimeratech, on 01 July 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

honestly don't have a clue what it was that got me so hooked but the lore and universe literally sucks me in like a black hole 

 

haven't counted but i swear to god i look up something one piece related every few hours  

 

might be an unhealthy obsession 

 

I just cannot really get into anything that's pretty long. Think I've said it before but 50 Episodes is the most I'd ever watch in one series and that's only with Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni or whatever, and goddamn if that didn't annoy me somewhat. Otherwise I stick to 24 Or lower.



Chimeratech #50 Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18712 battles
  • 3,431
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 July 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

 

I just cannot really get into anything that's pretty long. Think I've said it before but 50 Episodes is the most I'd ever watch in one series and that's only with Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni or whatever, and goddamn if that didn't annoy me somewhat. Otherwise I stick to 24 Or lower.

 

shorter anime's are usually of higher quality anyway and have better pacing (for the most part)

 

one piece only whips out the top quality animation when there's an important fight or something else fairly important though this rule doesn't apply all the time 


Edited by Chimeratech, 01 July 2015 - 09:11 PM.


somegras #51 Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:47 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49815 battles
  • 8,708
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 July 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Think I've said it before but 50 Episodes is the most I'd ever watch in one series and that's only with Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni or whatever, and goddamn if that didn't annoy me somewhat. 

 

Higurashi was pretty good though. If only the second season hadn't felt so lacking.



Desyatnik_Pansy #52 Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:51 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postsomegras, on 01 July 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Higurashi was pretty good though. If only the second season hadn't felt so lacking.

 

Never watched the season season or whatever. In the end I didn't really personally enjoy it. 2yandere4pansy



somegras #53 Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:24 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49815 battles
  • 8,708
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 July 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:

Never watched the season season or whatever. In the end I didn't really personally enjoy it. 2yandere4pansy

 

Well, second season. I just call the second batch of episodes second season. Basically when the creepy stuff ended and they begin investigating.

 

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe you should write something in the rules about spoilers and stuff? Don't know how you feel about it but I do know that some people really don't like them.



Desyatnik_Pansy #54 Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postsomegras, on 01 July 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

Well, second season. I just call the second batch of episodes second season. Basically when the creepy stuff ended and they begin investigating. 

 

Ah. Well I hardly remember any of it's actual plot tbh so eh.

 

View Postsomegras, on 01 July 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe you should write something in the rules about spoilers and stuff? Don't know how you feel about it but I do know that some people really don't like them.

 

Might be worth it, adding it in now. Mind you it doesn't really bother me personally.



somegras #55 Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49815 battles
  • 8,708
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 01 July 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

Might be worth it, adding it in now. Mind you it doesn't really bother me personally.

 

Don't have major problems with it myself, but it is not really fun to read that character X dies in episode Y because of something. It can kinda ruin some series completely. Maybe make a rule to put it into a spoiler with a warning?



Desyatnik_Pansy #56 Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postsomegras, on 01 July 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

Don't have major problems with it myself, but it is not really fun to read that character X dies in episode Y because of something. It can kinda ruin some series completely. Maybe make a rule to put it into a spoiler with a warning?

 

Put it into the OP Now. Can't exactly rule out spoilers as a whole because that would mean no ability to actually discuss the plot to any anime. So all it's gonna be is when discussing plots of stuff, to just put it in a spoiler and forewarn people that it may contain spoilers.

_Warris_ #57 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 41058 battles
  • 16,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    01-15-2012
Longest anime I ever watched is Death Note. And I took a huge break in between episodes. Want to be able to watch multiple episodes in one go for around a week max. I like 12 episode long animes the most. Although sometimes you want more of it. And specials are sometimes.. special. :mellow:

somegras #58 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49815 battles
  • 8,708
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

By the way, if you ever have a 5 minute or so break and you want to watch something inbetween, try Senyuu. Quite entertaining for the amount you get.



Desyatnik_Pansy #59 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17338 battles
  • 26,271
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postwarisoverdragon, on 02 July 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

Longest anime I ever watched is Death Note. And I took a huge break in between episodes. Want to be able to watch multiple episodes in one go for around a week max. I like 12 episode long animes the most. Although sometimes you want more of it. And specials are sometimes.. special. :mellow:

 

Longest I've watched other than Higurashi is I think K-On!! (26?) and Nagi no Asukara (also 26 IIRC), otherwise there's a number of 24/25 Episode ones I've watched (Golden Time, Toradora, Akatsuki no Yona). Most of those I liked a lot mind you.

Chimeratech #60 Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18712 battles
  • 3,431
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

safe to say i have the most endurance here then :trollface:

 

anyway i've started an anime called Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru and it's ok sor far 

 

also on the site i use about 5 mins ago a new anime called "Gangsta" got added ... lolwut? 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users