Official E-100 impressions

• Please log in to reply
3272 replies to this topic

Poll: Official E-100 impressions (3221 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

E-100 poll

1. Excellent (447 votes [13.88%])

Percentage of vote: 13.88%

2. Good (605 votes [18.78%])

Percentage of vote: 18.78%

3. Above average (273 votes [8.48%])

Percentage of vote: 8.48%

4. Average (467 votes [14.50%])

Percentage of vote: 14.50%

5. Below average (734 votes [22.79%])

Percentage of vote: 22.79%

6. Poor (695 votes [21.58%])

Percentage of vote: 21.58%

Vote Hide poll

joethepro36 #3261 Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8895 battles

Currently doing fantastic in this tank with my WR hitting 59% and might hit 60%. Given I'm a 52% average player the E100 is a notably effective tank in my garage and I'm very glad it was my first pick for Tier X. The key to doing well is to ensure you angle about 30-45' between shots and your hull is always at that angle compared to the enemy. Part of the reason I do particularly well is that I constantly re-angle between enemy shots too so even when facing multiple tanks, I can turn and block shots as I go. HEAT doesn't seem to be that effective against the angling, its not been a particularly bad issue.

Special mention to a discovery I've made, that HE should not be neglected. If you can't pen the enemy or you face very weakly armoured foes, queuing a HE shell for the next round to load is highly recommended. The HE can do between 100-400 on contact with enemy heavy frontal hull armour. It's a great way to act as a battering ram against super heavies and a great way to finish off opponents. Additionally if you're lucky enough to full pen with a HE round you can do 900 damage in one go, which is just overkill or an emotional event for your enemy. 

While I do load about 10 HEAT shells, I never use them. You don't need HEAT to do well, just a good defensive game with angling armour and picking your shots carefully. 

DeadLecter #3262 Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26105 battles
in general in this game Super heavies are useless because their armor doesnt get penned by normal ammo(except for a few weak spots) so everyone has to load gold and then you become auto pen. E100, Maus, Type 5 they are all useless compared to IS7, WZ1115A, S Conq, and ..... . They are magnets of arty and Gold rounds. as soon as one of them is in battle the other side loads gold. but at least E100 has a gun that packs a hell of a punch. so in my opinion its scarier than Maus or Type 5. and It has the best top speed amongst them. So in the world of Super heavies its a great tank. But among tier 10 heavies, it's mediocre at best

DeadLecter #3263 Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26105 battles

View Postjoethepro36, on 13 February 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Currently doing fantastic in this tank with my WR hitting 59% and might hit 60%. Given I'm a 52% average player the E100 is a notably effective tank in my garage and I'm very glad it was my first pick for Tier X. The key to doing well is to ensure you angle about 30-45' between shots and your hull is always at that angle compared to the enemy. Part of the reason I do particularly well is that I constantly re-angle between enemy shots too so even when facing multiple tanks, I can turn and block shots as I go. HEAT doesn't seem to be that effective against the angling, its not been a particularly bad issue.

Special mention to a discovery I've made, that HE should not be neglected. If you can't pen the enemy or you face very weakly armoured foes, queuing a HE shell for the next round to load is highly recommended. The HE can do between 100-400 on contact with enemy heavy frontal hull armour. It's a great way to act as a battering ram against super heavies and a great way to finish off opponents. Additionally if you're lucky enough to full pen with a HE round you can do 900 damage in one go, which is just overkill or an emotional event for your enemy. 

While I do load about 10 HEAT shells, I never use them. You don't need HEAT to do well, just a good defensive game with angling armour and picking your shots carefully. 

just a piece of advice, When you load HE, aim for the turret ring. you can gaurantee 300+ dmg on almost any tank

ignaskarate #3264 Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10556 battles
  • [G_LT] G_LT

View Postjoethepro36, on 13 February 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

put some replays, i dont know i suck in it, i can go with meds or alone, nobody is supporting me. low win rate, low damage, finding myself 1 vs 2-3 enemy tanks. few lucky games just found some sleepy enemies. Most of cases its hard to go out of base without geting shot, going red line to get out of base is so stupid

asasi #3265 Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10755 battles
I have around 200 battles in this tank and around 49-50% win rate and i can say that regarding to other tanks that were introduced to game E100 has big issue with the turret. It's like spam fest when you pop up with the turret. It can do well in tier IX-VIII game but if you get in a pure tier X game overall the tank under-performs and compared to sloped competition you get penned easy. It's a supper heavy that basically now day's can only relay on its HP pool because armor only works in mid to long range engagements and then you cant use the gun properly. The gun (150 mm) is good some times but the pen value for today standards is small, HEAT ammo does not make the cut or im just unlucky with RNG. I like my E100 but overall i should have gotten a Mouse because in the game when you play with supper heavy you know what is your role and E100 although super heavy does not cope well in this scenario.  

Somnorila #3266 Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 56629 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

View Postasasi, on 08 June 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

I have around 200 battles in this tank and around 49-50% win rate and i can say that regarding to other tanks that were introduced to game E100 has big issue with the turret. It's like spam fest when you pop up with the turret. It can do well in tier IX-VIII game but if you get in a pure tier X game overall the tank under-performs and compared to sloped competition you get penned easy. It's a supper heavy that basically now day's can only relay on its HP pool because armor only works in mid to long range engagements and then you cant use the gun properly. The gun (150 mm) is good some times but the pen value for today standards is small, HEAT ammo does not make the cut or im just unlucky with RNG. I like my E100 but overall i should have gotten a Mouse because in the game when you play with supper heavy you know what is your role and E100 although super heavy does not cope well in this scenario.  

I kind of agree. It is more difficult to be resilient and a good damager. But it's a great damage trader. And it can be used aggressively better than Maus or Type5. So let's say that you're playing a corner against one of those two, well it's harder for you, specially against Type5 with its silly HE, to resist if you're not trading. E-100 has very good penetration on its HEAT and if you trade with them properly, they are going to think twice before peeking again as you're going to have health advantage. You on the other hand can lead your troops or attack on your own as you have a bit more speed and mobility to get side shots of another super heavy like them.

E-100 is not specialized like Maus for instance. It's more of a hybrid and can take several roles, assault, support, shield, big alpha finisher, position lockdown and so on. But it's penalized for that needing more from its driver to make it work. 

OP tanks are precisely the ones that can take multiple roles effectively without needing a lot of input from its driver. And sadly WoT has plenty of those.

Thejagdpanther #3267 Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35290 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

As the 90% of tier X tank, it's penalized by the monotier games and ship MM.

A lot of tier X tanks are still very valid and playable IF they are not in monotier ship games.

Yesterday I tryed the maus after months of dust and rust... 3 games, 3 monotier games, possible the worst wot experience ever.

Quit the game after the 3rd loss in a row.

Edited by Thejagdpanther, 08 June 2018 - 03:24 PM.

Mediums_X_are_OP #3268 Posted 22 August 2018 - 06:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN

View PostThejagdpanther, on 08 June 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

As the 90% of tier X tank, it's penalized by the monotier games and ship MM.

A lot of tier X tanks are still very valid and playable IF they are not in monotier ship games.

Yesterday I tryed the maus after months of dust and rust... 3 games, 3 monotier games, possible the worst wot experience ever.

Quit the game after the 3rd loss in a row.

This !

Monotier games shows clearly the underpower of the superheavies.
I´m a Maus player but l deinstalled the game after noticing the inflicted damage of a 3000 HP tank is between 0-1500.
Nowadays most players play mediums wich are better in each and every parameter while the armor has about the same effectiveness, so WG just lesen to the majority of the players wich are medium players and let the superheavy players bleed and be prey for the mediums to be scavanged and farmed by...

Rosetta_and_Philae #3269 Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47321 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
The E-100 is a terrible tank.

Oldewolfe #3270 Posted 19 December 2018 - 08:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 508 battles

Liking mine now that it's in the Garage....

https://youtu.be/vI7N4fpiF8A

https://youtu.be/19jHpbFzAsc

https://youtu.be/CXgvGtebKhY

https://youtu.be/328P-UtCcZo

And I went 7 of 12 in it the last 24hrs.....       Had a Near 5K Game again this AM before heading out to Work....

Looking forward to what Plans they have for it....      This has been a Fun Tank Win or Lose....

HunterXHunter8 #3271 Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33733 battles

e100 is not a bad tank, it's also not as bad power creeped as people like to claim it is.

it's design will always make it relevant, plus 330mm pen heat is too damn good. 60tp has garbage 317mm pen..

buffs are nice

O_verdose #3272 Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42137 battles
  • [RO-DM] RO-DM
In today's mm and meta E100 is garbage.

MOTA_BOY #3273 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11714 battles
Utter garbage. Like every other German tank. While others have 2 pixel weakspots, E100 has whole Goddamn front.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users