Event Recap: Looking Back at Tankfest 2015!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
We were honoured to present the legendary Tankfest at the Tank Museum on the last weekend of June in Bovington, England. Let’s look back at what happened!

Full news text

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38554 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Not much happened unless you had the time to wait FOREVER in a queue to play a game that one can easily play at home.

Bit pointless really when you can go outside & see real tanks in action.

Full marks to Bovington for putting on an excellent show.

LoveAmiga #3 Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31086 battles
The Kubinka tank museum should really give the Maus tank to Bovington, so we can finally see it restored. 

wsatnutter #4 Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25109 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Great day out meeting other clans and streamers and the odd beer here and there see you in 2016 

Tickets already have been bought 

Ewen_177 #5 Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21056 battles

Great day out at the Tankfest 2015, brilliant seeing it being sold out completey. Only down side was the WOT console's queued for ages, only to get lagged out at the terminal almost continuosly. to then be told by the support staff (WOT) sorry mate you will have to join the back of the queue to try again. Not as WOT Tankfest release stated "everyone who played got a goodie bag" the first 40 - 60 players didn't have a chance until they sorted the lag issues out. Then the players started to be given goodie bags. WOT tell the truth it doesn't hurt that much, try it some time.

WOT check the register of the names taken, and how many to how many given out.

WWonka #6 Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42222 battles

Why is it that its only the UK and a few other selected countries that are ever visited by the WOT show???????????????

It would be nice to see it all over europe, in all countries, where members are located!!!!!!

But NO NO, Its toooooo expensive, and we dont care about the smaller member countries, Theres no profit to have bla. bla. bla.

Just a suggestion and a complaint if WOT ever gives a ........

Have anice day

TheSpearman #7 Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 22051 battles
Making people queue for 90 minutes to play a single rushed round for freebies was a terrible mistake. How does that one game matter more than the 15,000 games I've already played?

Brynd #8 Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Military Reserve
  • 151 battles

View PostEwen_177, on 09 July 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

Great day out at the Tankfest 2015, brilliant seeing it being sold out completey. Only down side was the WOT console's queued for ages, only to get lagged out at the terminal almost continuosly. to then be told by the support staff (WOT) sorry mate you will have to join the back of the queue to try again. Not as WOT Tankfest release stated "everyone who played got a goodie bag" the first 40 - 60 players didn't have a chance until they sorted the lag issues out. Then the players started to be given goodie bags. WOT tell the truth it doesn't hurt that much, try it some time.

I wrote the article and was not aware of your experience when I wrote it, it is nothing to do with a lack of truth just I did not know about what happened for you. At the start of the day on Saturday we required people to make 3 kills to achieve a goodie bag, to avoid running out of goodie bags. We quickly stopped that requirement and I for one am sorry that this affected you. When I was at the main booth which was after midday on both days, we simply gave out goodie bags to anyone who played.  That is why your experience wasn't in my mind when I wrote the article.

View PostWWonka, on 09 July 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

Why is it that its only the UK and a few other selected countries that are ever visited by the WOT show???????????????

It would be nice to see it all over europe, in all countries, where members are located!!!!!!

But NO NO, Its toooooo expensive, and we dont care about the smaller member countries, Theres no profit to have bla. bla. bla.

Just a suggestion and a complaint if WOT ever gives a ........

Have anice day

You're right, going everywhere in Europe - especially if we take the MGT-20 too - would be too expensive and of course you have to keep this in mind, if you disregard it as a valid reason then you're no longer talking about reality. :amazed: It would also be logistically very complex and would hit our team's workload heavily, especially as the EN team covers all other countries that we don't have official language support for. There are probably other very reasonable reasons why we can't do that, however much you and we would want to.  

But we DO care about other smaller countries, we care about all the countries we have players living in. That is why we have aimed to go to as many places we can, primarily in the countries we have official language support for, but not only. For example, this year we even took the MGT-20 to Hungary - a country with a language we don't support with their own community team..etc. And Ectar's currently on his way to Denmark for an event, yet another country we don't have official language support for.

Your country might not have had a visit yet - we have a list of great countries we'd love to visit but just haven't had a chance yet. It doesn't mean we won't visit your country.

optimusbarrettprime #9 Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19624 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC
Amazing day, met loads of clans, 14 followers on my YouTube and other fellow YouTubers. WG staff was brilliant as always, had a good laugh with some of them ! The only thing i would change is bring more bloody sun cream....because i was filming all day i ended up going home looking like i jumped out of a KFC bucket :D
Bring on 2016 Tankfest !

kenjara #10 Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4811 battles
  • [WSPRT] WSPRT

It was a great day out and I really think world of tanks has done a lot to make TankFest more popular. 

Fifth time I have been to TankFest and certainly the biggest/best yet.

While I agree that the play world of tanks section was not that well organised, the goodies we got were well worth the hours wait.

I could hear people talking about the 3 kills needed for a goodie bag in the queue but clarified it with a member of staff before queueing.

There is no way I would of queued for an hour for just a chance to get a bag.

That said I got the 3 kills anyway and even killed someone else that was playing at tankfest at the time. Something like Tankfest8 Killed Tankfest6. :medal:

Picked up the Type59 and Leopard tank kits to make. Nearly finished the Type59 and between them I got 60 days premium for tanks/warships. :izmena:

Gremlin182 #11 Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 49201 battles

View PostTheSpearman, on 09 July 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Making people queue for 90 minutes to play a single rushed round for freebies was a terrible mistake. How does that one game matter more than the 15,000 games I've already played?

Its a great marketing idea though, anyone who goes to a tank fest is interested in tanks one supposes.

They see world of tanks and a huge queue, so obviously it must be something really good.

For every fan thats a bit disappointed they may well get quite a few new players.

TheSpearman #12 Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 22051 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 10 July 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

Its a great marketing idea though, anyone who goes to a tank fest is interested in tanks one supposes.

They see world of tanks and a huge queue, so obviously it must be something really good.

For every fan thats a bit disappointed they may well get quite a few new players.

It achieved the opposite result with many people, who were put off by the queue instead. There wasn't enough PCs to keep the queue moving in a reasonable manner.

It they wanted to generate interest in new, that was better served by the invite code card with the Churchill III that every entrant got.

Gremlin182 #13 Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:58 AM

General

• Player
  • 49201 battles

View PostTheSpearman, on 10 July 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

It achieved the opposite result with many people, who were put off by the queue instead. There wasn't enough PCs to keep the queue moving in a reasonable manner.

It they wanted to generate interest in new, that was better served by the invite code card with the Churchill III that every entrant got.

Ahh right I didnt know about that, so the queue was just bad planning or the gods being angry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users