Version 9.9: Swamp Map Update

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Take a look at our 360° panorama to see how Swamp has changed with the implementation of the latest patch.

Full news text

radianter #2 Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5628 battles
A huge change:ohmy:

Trollhammeren #3 Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23331 battles
No support for chrome ... gj WG this will surely make me want to change browsers 

JacksGotSwag #4 Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7816 battles
Thank [edited] this campfest of a map has been fixed.

Edited by Neilloss46, 15 July 2015 - 03:29 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

Per_Saukko_EU #5 Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:11 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30001 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTrollhammeren, on 14 July 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

No support for chrome ... gj WG this will surely make me want to change browsers 

Works perfectly fine with my Chrome.

@Topic

I don't understand the -3 negreps on the original post. The map was the worst [edited] ever in which you were either an artillery camping the base, or a tank(heavy, medium, TD, whatever you were) camping the base, and now WG is changing it with the hopes of making it playable. [edited] 

GJ WG with fixing/or at least trying to) the most unplayable campfest of the game. Fixed one of the negreps.

Edited by Neilloss46, 15 July 2015 - 04:05 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. Neilloss46

siramra #6 Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View PostPer_Saukko_EU, on 15 July 2015 - 04:11 AM, said:

Works perfectly fine with my Chrome.

@Topic

I don't understand the -3 negreps on the original post. The map was the worst [edited] ever in which you were either an artillery camping the base, or a tank(heavy, medium, TD, whatever you were) camping the base, and now WG is changing it with the hopes of making it playable. [edited]

GJ WG with fixing/or at least trying to) the most unplayable campfest of the game. Fixed one of the negreps.

U just described the playerbase and not the map. And U could do this to so many maps where u actually have to use half a brain to play them.

If u had a half decent team and u took and controlled the North when u have the westspawn u stop them from hiding on the Ridge and at the same time u can press middle. Same goes for eastspawn. Control North to stop the other team from getting there...then move a light or a medium over to light up the campers in the bushes behind their spawn. And move a tank Down to the other Ridge to light them up. Almost never lost a game on that map if u pushed and controlled the North. But nooooo.....lets hide and kemp bush.

Cobra6 #7 Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Indeed you managed again to break a perfectly fine map and add more corridors so it becomes even less defensible.

This map had a bit of everything so each class had it's role. It had close-quarters brawling locations (heavies), long range sniping/spotting locations (TD's, Lights) and some nice corridors for fast tanks (mediums,lights) to fight.

Now it has more corridors and less long range sniping/spotting positions which basically screws over TD's and scouts.

While I appreciate the negreps please do remember they are for offensive posting, not opinions you personally disagree with.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 15 July 2015 - 02:29 PM.

Per_Saukko_EU #8 Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30001 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsiramra, on 15 July 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

U just described the playerbase and not the map. And U could do this to so many maps where u actually have to use half a brain to play them.

If u had a half decent team and u took and controlled the North when u have the westspawn u stop them from hiding on the Ridge and at the same time u can press middle. Same goes for eastspawn. Control North to stop the other team from getting there...then move a light or a medium over to light up the campers in the bushes behind their spawn. And move a tank Down to the other Ridge to light them up. Almost never lost a game on that map if u pushed and controlled the North. But nooooo.....lets hide and kemp bush.

So you're suggesting that WG should design map in an optimistic manner rather than realistic? Realism is, as this thread shows, the player base is a pile of [edited]. If you make a map in which camping the base is the best strategy, all these window [edited]who are negrepping because they have nothing to say, are going to do just that no matter how unhealthy it is for the gameplay. Designing a map with the philosophy "This would be fun if the players played it as it should be played..." results in every single map being a disappointment. I think it's just a lot better to design maps that encourage active gameplay.

When both sides are camping base and any active gameplay is punished, the map is going to be extremely unfun for anyone who doesn't enjoy playing a Borsig and camping bush in base, or doing the same with artillery.

Edited by Neilloss46, 15 July 2015 - 04:11 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

siramra #9 Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View PostPer_Saukko_EU, on 15 July 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

So you're suggesting that WG should design map in an optimistic manner rather than realistic? Realism is, as this thread shows, the player base is a pile of [edited]. If you make a map in which camping the base is the best strategy, all these window [edited] who are negrepping because they have nothing to say, are going to do just that no matter how unhealthy it is for the gameplay. Designing a map with the philosophy "This would be fun if the players played it as it should be played..." results in every single map being a disappointment. I think it's just a lot better to design maps that encourage active gameplay.

When both sides are camping base and any active gameplay is punished, the map is going to be extremely unfun for anyone who doesn't enjoy playing a Borsig and camping bush in base, or doing the same with artillery.

I want them to fix unbalanced maps yes. I want them to stop making every map they fix into a corridor map. And yes....the majority of the playerbase are [edited]. They kemp no matter what map u give them. *Looking at Mines* 
So everytime they make a map that encourages active gameplay they complain and they end up making it into another corridor map making them sit in their heavies or arties and not using the brain.

Just look at Sand River and El Halluf. How many times have they fixed those maps and still players complain.....and still u find them kemping base or rush somewhere stupid.
And regarding Swamp and kempers....u just need a few players With a brain and u kill them easily. U know where they kemp and u act accordingly and take them out.

Look at Live Oaks. The second I got my teams to move across the water on the east when u spawn the South u more or less won the game. But when u get a team that don`t get such a thing u will lose no matter what u do. Same With Swamp.

Edited by Neilloss46, 15 July 2015 - 04:13 PM.

Arti_Tarti #10 Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1170 battles

The basis upon which maps are reworked is more than likely related to feedback from their largest playerbase.. i.e. the those players from the two ex Eastern Bloc countries that "swamp" (pun intended) the teams.

It is quite apparent that they don't like maps that provide a challenge and would like the game to be as uncomplicated as possible. Three dimensions is obviously not good for game feedback, so let's make all the maps flat, square, with two roads crossing in the centre of the map at right angles to each other and perhaps we can have designated parking/camping spaces marked up like in car parks and marked up for the respective vehicle types. That way everyone will know where to go, park/camp. Special lanes for lights/scouts that are marked out clearly leading to the map's designated spotting position behind the tree at  D6 for greens and F4 for reds would help the players from that player base operate effective scouting with minimal thought involved.

Cynicism is really just reality in this game.

Well done WG for dumbing down another map.

Per_Saukko_EU #11 Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30001 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsiramra, on 15 July 2015 - 09:10 AM, said:

I want them to fix unbalanced maps yes. I want them to stop making every map they fix into a corridor map. And yes....the majority of the playerbase are [edited]. They kemp no matter what map u give them. *Looking at Mines* 
So everytime they make a map that encourages active gameplay they complain and they end up making it into another corridor map making them sit in their heavies or arties and not using the brain.

Just look at Sand River and El Halluf. How many times have they fixed those maps and still players complain.....and still u find them kemping base or rush somewhere stupid.
And regarding Swamp and kempers....u just need a few players With a brain and u kill them easily. U know where they kemp and u act accordingly and take them out.

Look at Live Oaks. The second I got my teams to move across the water on the east when u spawn the South u more or less won the game. But when u get a team that don`t get such a thing u will lose no matter what u do. Same With Swamp.

Why wouldn't they camp in Mines? When a tier 3 map is being played by tier X's, it is bound to cause some problems. The map is fine, it should just be capped to tier 5 battles because it's too small and only works with a lot of speedy vehicles. At high tiers the map is horrendous.

The largest problem regarding the corridor maps is that the community is utterly stupid. They whine about artillery ruining their game in open any half-open maps, yet they also whine that WG only makes corridor maps. So what do you want? Maps that are unplayable for heavy tanks when there are arties in the map, or are you one of those exclusive medium players who think that only 100% medium friendly maps are good? Open maps could work properly if there was a hardcap of 1 [edited] per team, but as long as most high tier battles have 3 per sides, they naturally become corridor maps(EVERYONE heads to the best arty cover of the map if there is any) and campfests(don't get spotted, don't get shot by [edited]) which defeats the purpose of an open map.

Even with the "corridor maps", medium tanks are by far the best tier X tanks, so they perform pretty well even in those.

Edited by Neilloss46, 15 July 2015 - 04:14 PM.

STAR__insane_Moron #12 Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17436 battles

T32:

• Penetration of the AP T32 shell for the 105 mm Gun T5E1 increased from 198 to 205 mm. don't happend or ??

siramra #13 Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View PostPer_Saukko_EU, on 15 July 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Why wouldn't they camp in Mines? When a tier 3 map is being played by tier X's, it is bound to cause some problems. The map is fine, it should just be capped to tier 5 battles because it's too small and only works with a lot of speedy vehicles. At high tiers the map is horrendous.

The largest problem regarding the corridor maps is that the community is utterly stupid. They whine about artillery ruining their game in open any half-open maps, yet they also whine that WG only makes corridor maps. So what do you want? Maps that are unplayable for heavy tanks when there are arties in the map, or are you one of those exclusive medium players who think that only 100% medium friendly maps are good? Open maps could work properly if there was a hardcap of 1 [edited] per team, but as long as most high tier battles have 3 per sides, they naturally become corridor maps(EVERYONE heads to the best arty cover of the map if there is any) and campfests(don't get spotted, don't get shot by [edited]) which defeats the purpose of an open map.

Even with the "corridor maps", medium tanks are by far the best tier X tanks, so they perform pretty well even in those.

Yet few players complain about the size of Ensk. But I agree to a tier limit on certain maps.

I play meds,lights and heavies and like a mix of open/semi open and Citymaps.

Corridormaps are the easiest maps to play arty. U know where they will be and u preaim. And if u get artied on an open map....well u stood still for to long. The maps where I get artied least is the open ones.

My complaint about corridormaps aren`t about the tanks.....they are plain and simple boring to play. And usually u get greeted With a premshell in Your face.

Cravone #14 Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28633 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH
Another  decent map corridor-ed...

Sams_Baneblade #15 Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17058 battles
  • [SA_LT] SA_LT

I'll have to play on it  before to emit any strong advice.

When I saw it, my first thought was: "Dat change.. Wait.. Wat? wtf are doing the caps there?". Because with the current playerbase skill level and how much players care about the base defense.. And the fact the spawn aren't near of it...
I'm a bit afraid lots of games on this map will last for 2 minutes, just because none will move in a 400m radius around the base, nor reset the cap ^^
However, there is absolutely no cover on the caps, so cappers can be blasted away if someone in TD defs.

If the team knows how to play (rare out of Tier 10, but sometimes it does), it could be fun. :)

We'll see.

OnceBittenTwiceShy #16 Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 43211 battles

Game constantly crashing to Desktop.

After every crash, settings go back to Standard

Nice patch WG

WOTomatoSauce #17 Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7745 battles
Arty can get you if you move. Most of the time they just have to track you and their two other arty friends will hit you.

WOTomatoSauce #18 Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7745 battles

Also, why is everyone complain, I can't say how the game play will change in this map, it was always a two corridor map. The middle looks almost usable now.

Every time I play this map I am the only one camping, the rest lemming. Maybe I can help the train move in the middle now.

Somnorila #19 Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55889 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

View PostJacksGotSwag, on 14 July 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Thank F*** this campfest of a map has been fixed.

Yes, hooray! Now let's all peek-a-boo at building corners. Who needs positional play and sniping when you can rely on armor, alpha damage and RNG. This map is very good for HT's (bcuz armor) MT's (bcuz mobility) TD's (only high armor and alpha damage ones) the rest of tanks are kind of screwed and need to play like MT's i suppose... My first impression of it is bleah, i don't think is fixed just that is changed, is different. 

5everin #20 Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78875 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

After one game on it in a light tank*. WG strike again [edited] long range spotting. Usual crap: dig more corridors, remove soft cover, flatten everything and give the HT's plenty of peek-a-boom at the expense of other classes. still it will keep the Russian HT tank drivers happy and that's obviously all they give a crap about.

As for comments about camping the cap on the old version being a good tactic...well that speaks volumes about gameplay ability.

*so its an initial impression.

Edited by Neilloss46, 25 July 2015 - 01:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users