SP 1 C - After release feedback for future buffs

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

trispect #61 Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

Weird tank I would say. I finished the grind yesterday and played 69 games in it. (Had 30 or something Auf.Panther games before patch) I had terribad crew in it with no sixth sense on commander and 70+% camo on two other crew members. 

This thing definitely don't play as a light tank due it's awful mobility but the damage potential in this tank is quite big.  Good gun depression, great pen and good alpha means that you can usually get two shots in and then retreat. 

This you usually do with sniping _stationary_ tanks. Shell velocity in this thing is almost same as in derp guns... Other use case where this little thing shines is going with group of other tanks and do 3-shot drive-by when enemy is reloading. And third one is to find lone tanks with 600~HP and finish them. 

On best day grinding this tank I ended up doing ~2K DpB and my total DpB after those 69 games is 1323 DpB.

Currently the requirement for Ace Tanker is pretty insane. My best match was 1496 raw experience and entitled only 1st class mastery badge... :O

SilentFear #62 Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26348 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttrispect, on 27 July 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Weird tank I would say. I finished the grind yesterday and played 69 games in it. (Had 30 or something Auf.Panther games before patch) I had terribad crew in it with no sixth sense on commander and 70+% camo on two other crew members. 

This thing definitely don't play as a light tank due it's awful mobility but the damage potential in this tank is quite big.  Good gun depression, great pen and good alpha means that you can usually get two shots in and then retreat. 

This you usually do with sniping _stationary_ tanks. Shell velocity in this thing is almost same as in derp guns... Other use case where this little thing shines is going with group of other tanks and do 3-shot drive-by when enemy is reloading. And third one is to find lone tanks with 600~HP and finish them. 

On best day grinding this tank I ended up doing ~2K DpB and my total DpB after those 69 games is 1323 DpB.

Currently the requirement for Ace Tanker is pretty insane. My best match was 1496 raw experience and entitled only 1st class mastery badge... :O

Its fun lil tank whit the bite its have. 

I got my mastery badge after doing 3.8k dmg, 5kills in a tie 10 game. Base exp dont remember but whit the premium acc was 2.4k.

It have to be played like a massive coward in the begining of the game - snipe, snipe, snipe. If anything looks at you funny ( bulldogs specificly ) you turn araund and go hug the arty lol :).

But outside of that whit its rather good pen and high alpha ( for a tier 7 light ) you can actully suprise a lot of tanks. And as added bonus you can reload every 16 sec. So you can give nasty suprise to unsespected super heavy TD's.

Stuka76 #63 Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43322 battles
This is one awsum tanky!

tumppi776 #64 Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 46597 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD
better light tank than AFK. good? average at best. imo too slow and sluggish.

Cobra6 #65 Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Comparing this to the AMX 75 (The worst light tank on it's tier) is not fair or helping your case at all.

This tank needs to be compared to all it's peers and in that it's inferior, just like the AMX 75 is.

Played it some more again, in clip reload definitely too long, acceleration definitely too slow so these still need a buff.

Learning to live with most other drawbacks.

Cobra 6

SilentFear #66 Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26348 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

What do you guys use as an equipment for your SPIC's ?

And how many of your use the autoloader gun ?

I myself em using the autoloader whit vents, gun laying drive, coated optics. Tho im thinking of switching to gun rammer, coated optics and vents.

Edited by SilentFear, 29 July 2015 - 02:19 PM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #67 Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostCobra6, on 28 July 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Comparing this to the AMX 75 (The worst light tank on it's tier) is not fair or helping your case at all.

This tank needs to be compared to all it's peers and in that it's inferior, just like the AMX 75 is.

Played it some more again, in clip reload definitely too long, acceleration definitely too slow so these still need a buff.

Learning to live with most other drawbacks.

Cobra 6

I cant compare a tier 7 light tank with an autoloader to a tier 7 light tank with an option for an autoloader? where the logic in that? you cannot dismiss the fact they are both teir 7 light tanks. and they both get shafted just as hard. SPIC should never see any buffs as long as it has that 180pen, unlike AMX 13 75 with a pathetic 145pen which bounces rears of tier 10 heavy tank and the JP E100 in the rear doors.

How can you justify a buff to SPIC with much greater pen than most other T7 LT's?

Edited by Fluffy_The_Destroyer, 29 July 2015 - 02:40 PM.

SilentFear #68 Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26348 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 29 July 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

I cant compare a tier 7 light tank with an autoloader to a tier 7 light tank with an option for an autoloader? where the logic in that? you cannot dismiss the fact they are both teir 7 light tanks. and they both get shafted just as hard. SPIC should never see any buffs as long as it has that 180pen, unlike AMX 13 75 with a pathetic 145pen which bounces rears of tier 10 heavy tank and the JP E100 in the rear doors.

How can you justify a buff to SPIC with much greater pen than most other T7 LT's?

Your logic is kinda borked.

For one there is plenty of crys for a buff to the whole french light tech. I for one think that all lights should behave more like the Bulldog. 

Scouting is more or less dead so light tanks should be given more power and the chance to fight their own battles.

Most players can justify a buff to the SPIC couse outside of the good pen - you get an inferior light tank then enything else. Dont forget at T7 there is plenty of really good lights - Bulldog whit its great mobility and great autolader, LTTB whit its hover craft mobility and great frontal armor giving it an edge vs any light, T71 that is overall quite good ( good gun, good mobility, good cammo, good view ).

Also i kinda find it hilarius going in a topic for SPIC to ask for AMX buffs - why dont you instead go on the AMX topics and ask for a buff there ?

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #69 Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

Some of what you guys are asking for is borderline broken tho. 2 sec interval between shots? its a 240 alpha gun at tier 7.  thats 720 alpha in 6 seconds. my AMX 13 57F has 8 shells to unload 1 second interval, thats still 7 seconds to get off the same damage you are asking for. on a much worse platform and much worse pen (144pen AP).

Im just trying to make you guys see that what you are asking for is too much, id be happy with 180pen on my AMX LT's not even 13 90 gets 180pen! it gets 170! on a tier 8 LT!

tumppi776 #70 Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 46597 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

what really hurts the Mecar guns is the low shell velocity.

Already sold this tank and then watched Tazilons review to find out the the Stock gun looked very nice. I never had to try it bcs I had elite AFK in my garage :-) such noobness

Cobra6 #71 Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 29 July 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Because penetration alone is not a balancing factor of a complete vehicle.

Most British fixed gun TD's have great penetration but that does not make them good vehicles if the rest sucks (Speed, Armour with huge weakspots etc.).

Cobra 6

Eila_Juutilainen #72 Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:23 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

View PostSilentFear, on 29 July 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

good cammo

Why do people keep insisting that M41WB and T71 have good camo? Because, you know, they don't. It's decent at best at 14%. That's the level of camo of a medium. With AFK Panther gone the USA LTs (at tier 7) have the lowest camo.

And something making this comment somewhat relevant, after checking the tables it seems that SPIC actually has worse camo than the AMX tanks... wasn't it smaller than them?

Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 30 July 2015 - 09:24 AM.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #73 Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 30 July 2015 - 09:23 AM, said:

Why do people keep insisting that M41WB and T71 have good camo? Because, you know, they don't. It's decent at best at 14%. That's the level of camo of a medium. With AFK Panther gone the USA LTs (at tier 7) have the lowest camo.

And something making this comment somewhat relevant, after checking the tables it seems that SPIC actually has worse camo than the AMX tanks... wasn't it smaller than them?

Its a bit taller tho i believe.

SilentFear #74 Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26348 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 30 July 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

Yeah the SPIC have worst cammo then AMX but better then all the rest T7 lights ( if whit a very litle bit ).

And T71 actully have somehow good cammo on a very good chasy whit great gun - so in effect T71 will be able to get on a good spoting position more ofthen then its counter parts ( same for Bulldog ( tho i would not use Bulldog as passive scout )).

And while yes indeed their cammo is worst ( wont go as far and call it bad ) they have the mobility and the gun performance to undo this "flaw".

In the end my opinion is that all light tanks need to be buffed to the level of Bulldog and be able to stand their ground. As the maps become more and more infested whit tunels where proximity spoting is the norm  - the more light tanks lose their reason to exist in the game. And while a good play will be able to cary a game in a tier 7 scout in tier 10 battle - most avarage players will be of far greater use in a heavy/medium/TD.

King_Khazi #75 Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 59779 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostSilentFear, on 30 July 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yeah the SPIC have worst cammo then AMX but better then all the rest T7 lights ( if whit a very litle bit ).

And T71 actully have somehow good cammo on a very good chasy whit great gun - so in effect T71 will be able to get on a good spoting position more ofthen then its counter parts ( same for Bulldog ( tho i would not use Bulldog as passive scout )).

And while yes indeed their cammo is worst ( wont go as far and call it bad ) they have the mobility and the gun performance to undo this "flaw".

In the end my opinion is that all light tanks need to be buffed to the level of Bulldog and be able to stand their ground. As the maps become more and more infested whit tunels where proximity spoting is the norm  - the more light tanks lose their reason to exist in the game. And while a good play will be able to cary a game in a tier 7 scout in tier 10 battle - most avarage players will be of far greater use in a heavy/medium/TD.

I think in an attempt to make the maps less 'campy' and less favourable for TDs, it has also resulted in light tanks role becoming more and more difficult.  It seems with every map change spotting positions become less effective.  These days I think that mobility is the most important factor for light tanks in order to be able to gain position, then outmanoeuvre and escape when inevitably detected or need to reposition.  The SP1C is simply too slow and sluggish for this.  Possibly it could be reclassified as a TD if the accuracy was better.  In its present state I personally feel it is not competitive at all and I won't be playing it anymore 

GrumblingGrenade #76 Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I played the SP 1 C for the first time yesterday, and I have one major problem with it: muzzle velocity. I don't mind the long reload of just above 16 seconds, (I kept the Aufkl. Panther having unlocked the Ru 251, so I had all modules and a 100% crew with a first set of perks), and maybe the acceleration could be improved somewhat, though I find the muzzle velocity with standard AP rounds something to get used to. From the scope, it seems that the arc is very parabolic, and it rivals the Cruiser II in terms of sluggishness and parabolic flight path of the shell, (in a tier-to-tier manner of speaking, anyway...). Having the autoloader shell reload time dropped by a half second or indeed a full one would also be a very welcomed changed, as more often than not when you're playing an assassin by the time the final shell is loaded, you've done a full loop of your target and have to go round again, putting yourself at more risk. This renders the final shell in the clip somewhat irrelevant when circling especially heavy tanks, or top-tier mediums that you cannot hope to penetrate. Other than that, I have no issues with this tank at all. Accuracy and other gun handling criteria are just fine, mobility and speed get the job done, and I really, really like it. Having done 7 games in it, my average "WN8" in the tank is 2,500, so this tank really suits my playing style.

Oh, and a +1 to the OP for the effort of the video and the post.

:)

armholeeio #77 Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17866 battles
Found it more fun to play with the single shot 90mm than the auto, if the auto had a higher rate if fire and with a trade of a increased reload(couple of seconds more than now) then I would stick with that. But the single shot seemed to be more flexible at this point

snipercow #78 Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18042 battles

At start I couldn't make this tank work, but doing some missions alternating between spic and t49, I managed to get some nice results, by playing it like a mobile ambusher, get close to an isolated opponent, unload a clip in his rear, come back 17 seconds later. 

It's kinda a fun tank, but the drawbacks like speed and shell velocity are meh.

Tazilon #79 Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostFluffy_The_Destroyer, on 30 July 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

Its a bit taller tho i believe.

It is ever so slightly taller than the 13 75's cupola but is more narrow and weighs 50% less than the 13 75.  How it gets worse Camo is a mystery only the non-logical devs can explain.

Fluffy_The_Destroyer #80 Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53 battles

View PostTazilon, on 01 August 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

It is ever so slightly taller than the 13 75's cupola but is more narrow and weighs 50% less than the 13 75.  How it gets worse Camo is a mystery only the non-logical devs can explain.

I think camo is a balance factor nowadays, no tank had a "historicaly amazing camo" now did they? haha.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users