Non 7z Archive

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Ropertje #1 Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 115 battles
good day fellow tank shooters!!

today i downloaded the WOT game ( 0.6.6 )

downloaded 2.2GB and got the ''wot shield'' infron of the setup

when i double click or when i run as administrator, it says

''error non 7z archive''

please help?!

greeting rob.

FrozenDreams #2 Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 3614 battles
I'am not sure what that error message means. Please contact technical support by making a ticket to them in the support section.

Also i feel this post would be better off in the technical support section, general error reporting, you may get a better answer in there. Please in future try to find the correct section for the topic in which you wish to post about.
Thank you.

FrozenDreams

Frontline25 #3 Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7972 battles
  • [FDWB] FDWB
my friend has this problem to.     :huh:

Pernumbra #4 Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 4662 battles

View PostRopertje, on 13 August 2011 - 12:53 AM, said:

good day fellow tank shooters!!

today i downloaded the WOT game ( 0.6.6 )

downloaded 2.2GB and got the ''wot shield'' infron of the setup

when i double click or when i run as administrator, it says

''error non 7z archive''

please help?!

greeting rob.
Had the a similar problem; post here.

Solved by right clicking the downloaded 0.6.6 client and selecting "Extract files..." (using 7zip 9.2 64bit on Win7 64bit system) - seems auto-extract is faulty.

Then click the extracted "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup" file (there should also be a "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup-1.bin" and "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup-2.bin" file too).

Installed and now all working - apart from the WoT server crash when first installed, and the problems today...

_REMF_ #5 Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9761 battles
  • [LAMB] LAMB
This will sort it out 100% of the time

You downloaded the game from the Big Red Download button on the download screen. You would think this would install the game correctly but it doesn't because that uses your browser downloader. If you have a torrent program such as U Torrent then click on the small print just below the Big Red download button that says "Alternatively you can download full client torrent file", At around 93% ish it may say the same error non 7z archive but just click the big play button on your torrent page and it will finish installing the next 7%. After that is done open your download page or what ever page your torrents are directed to and Run as administrator on the "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup" file and the game will install correctly.

This is where I found out not to download via your browser.  https://support.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/Troubleshooter/Step/View/3

IMO they should put this in big red bold letters on the download page

Hope this helps I had the same problem and it irritated the hell out of me.

RenamedUser_500718665 #6 Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Customer Support Team
  • 3171 battles
To solve this problem you need to re-download the game client using this links + any download manager program:

NA/US game client  http://cdn1.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_0.6.7_us_setup.exe
EU game client http://cdn1.worldoft....7_eu_setup.exe

Also

You downloaded the game from the Big Red Download button on the download screen. You would think this would install the game correctly but it doesn't because that uses your browser downloader. If you have a torrent program such as U Torrent then click on the small print just below the Big Red download button that says "Alternatively you can download full client torrent file", At around 93% ish it may say the same error non 7z archive but just click the big play button on your torrent page and it will finish installing the next 7%. After that is done open your download page or what ever page your torrents are directed to and Run as administrator on the "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup" file and the game will install correctly.

This is where I found out not to download via your browser. https://support.worl...ter/Step/View/3

this will solve problem also but you will have to perform more actions.

Huzid #7 Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 1188 battles
the suggestion to unpack the archive worked well, however, I continued to get an error at some music.fab file (about 25% of the first unpacking phase).

I suspect, on my system, that it has to do with WinRAR 4.01, which I installed on Windows7.

Two weeks ago, before I had installed WinRAR, I was able to install version 6.6, but cannot install 6.6 or 6.7 at the moment.

I uninstalled WinRAR, but still need a reboot. After some real work gets done I'll reboot. However, I can already report that the normal executition (not manual extract) does actually complete - failing at the same music.fab file and the manual extraction.

p.s. Going on the road soon, so I will probably not update my post shortly - however, many thanks to the person who thought of/mentioned a manual extraction.

Huzid

michelelinck #8 Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postslamb, on 14 August 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

This is where I found out not to download via your browser. https://support.worl...ter/Step/View/3

It sure worked for me ! There was no second option near the big red button, but I followed the link from my confirmation email, there I found the 'torrent-option'. Thanks !

xConzaaa #9 Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21 battles
same thing happened to me

OldManFace #10 Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16047 battles
The fact that problem even exists is utterly ridiculous and it still exists now at 6.7 since it happened to my friend about 3 minutes ago. For the love of god WG sort it out. How the hell do you expect to get more players and possible subscribers if you make it so difficult for hem to even install the game let alone play it.

irondarren #11 Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4709 battles
happend to me the first few times i tried to download. normally use google chrome as main browser, changed to internet explorer and downloaded fine. so if you have a problem downloading try using a different browser.

OMex #12 Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
ON WINDOWS 7:
right click on .EXE file and "execute as administrator"
this is security problem on w7!
;)

Tun13 #13 Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2794 battles
well I haven't played since the closed beta as once I got to medium tanks, the game got very unbalance, and I just kept getting 2 shoted from heavy tanks while my shells just bounced off them. any how my mate told me they fix all that and its real good so last night I downloaded it just to find out i get an error "non 7z archive". Now I find its a common error witch has been in around for a while now. so all i can say is well done to the dev team, so ill think ill give this game as pass now and try something else as it don't fill with hope for that game if they cant even get the installer working..like the guy said how do they expect the game to ground if the install don't work.

now if I total have it wrong please send me a message or something.

i apologise for my nerd rage / rant

lollerd #14 Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

This is where I found out not to download via your browser.  https://support.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/Troubleshooter/Step/View/3

but if i do that(I have the same problem and the other method isn't working) my pc asks with wich program I want to open it.
and if I click the downloaded version of Wot it says 'non 7z archive' error again
what can i do?

xDragonX13X #15 Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostPernumbra, on 14 August 2011 - 12:59 AM, said:

Had the a similar problem; post here.

Solved by right clicking the downloaded 0.6.6 client and selecting "Extract files..." (using 7zip 9.2 64bit on Win7 64bit system) - seems auto-extract is faulty.

Then click the extracted "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup" file (there should also be a "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup-1.bin" and "WoT_0.6.6_eu_setup-2.bin" file too).

Installed and now all working - apart from the WoT server crash when first installed, and the problems today...
It doesn't work  :(

Greek_Crusader #16 Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 693 battles

I am trying this right now,i hope it 'll work...

Macilious #17 Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 3252 battles

View PostNastyHarry, on 14 August 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

To solve this problem you need to re-download the game client using this links + any download manager program:

NA/US game client  http://cdn1.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_0.6.6_us_setup.exe
EU game client http://cdn1.worldoft....6_eu_setup.exe

Also  this will solve problem also but you will have to perform more actions.

that's exactly what i've done , downloaded the 6.6 then downloaded the 6.7 manual patch and it's working perfectly fine

jurek57 #18 Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3296 battles
  • [R__S] R__S

View PostGreek_Crusader, on 21 November 2011 - 05:36 PM, said:

I am trying this right now,i hope it 'll work...

does it work?

ArchJudge #19 Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 23707 battles

View PostNastyHarry, on 14 August 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

NA/US game client  http://cdn1.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_0.6.6_us_setup.exe
EU game client http://cdn1.worldoft....6_eu_setup.exe

If 0.6.7 that is downloaded by the "Big Red Button" doesn't properly work, and the only real fix is to download ANOTHER 2.1GB in the shape of the 0.6.6 client, one would think they would replace it with that under the said red button, but noo

Some sort of perverted fun at the cost of potential costumers?

WhosYourDady #20 Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 480 battles
well they should remowe that stupid download i wait for 3 hours and then ned to download it again make me soooo angry