reporting someone doesn't do anything

bot WG fail reports do nothing

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

moogu #1 Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21469 battles

What did this guy do ? , nothing , that's exactly what he's done and I bet he does that every game.  He camped base , couldn't hit a single shot and a scout enemy tank killed him.

Conclusion ? He's a bot and WG does nothing about it , everyone reported him for botting and I bet that every game someone is reporting him , he gets at least 2-3 report / games played but guess what , he's still not banned cause WG don't give a single f*ck and the report system is useless.

Please WG , get your heads out of your butts and actually take measure about this kind of players , 9k games played , 42 wn8 and people report him each game for botting but he's still playing.

I mean I know WG is a greedy company and they need money but by not banning bots they ruin the gameplay for others.

Lycopersicon #2 Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11041 battles
A bad player, how tragic.

moogu #3 Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21469 battles
bad? 200 -300 -400 wn8 is bad , 42 wn8 is botting , 9k games played and he's not banned yet :facepalm:

Edited by moogu, 19 July 2015 - 09:14 AM.

Darklynx #4 Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18339 battles

View PostLycopersicon, on 19 July 2015 - 08:00 AM, said:

A bad player, how tragic.

A dumb player D= ... how common :trollface:

anfieldminion #5 Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31374 battles

View Postmoogu, on 19 July 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

bad? 200 -300 -400 wn8 is bad , 42 wn8 is botting , 9k games played and he's not banned yet :facepalm:

I agree completetly.

Below 100wn8 and more than a few thousand games, the player should be banned from the game. 

I have seen players with 20k games and 9wn8, which is the reason I stopped wasting reports on inaction/bot because it clearly doesn't do anything.

Lycopersicon #6 Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11041 battles

View Postmoogu, on 19 July 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

This one actually might be a botter or AFKer, indeed. The thing is that most of us just play the game, we don't browse the player list for particularly low WN8 numbers in order to report them or to make a forum post about them. So your point of him receiving a couple of reports in every game is most likely, ahem, wrong. More like 2-3 a day.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLycopersicon, on 19 July 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

This one actually might be a botter or AFKer, indeed. The thing is that most of us just play the game, we don't browse the player list for particularly low WN8 numbers in order to report them or to make a forum post about them. So your point of him receiving a couple of reports in every game is most likely, ahem, wrong. More like 2-3 a day.

I don't use XVM, yet I notice a lot of bot or afk players. And all that while I'm playing the game.

It's not THAT hard...

TRXnMe #8 Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17770 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

A while ago I had internet problems, kept dropping out of games which left my tank sat there doing nothing.

After a couple of week (waiting for my ISP to fix it) I got a warning from WG about inaction / Bot, happily for me the ISP bod turned up the next day to replace my router and sort out my connection.

Someone had obviously reported me a few times,and I must have triggered the first stage, how many had reported me I dunno, but enough had done.

I do now keep an eye out for tanks doing nada, zip, bupkiss in a battle.  I'm not talking about the folk who run into the red guys guns and die in the first minute, sh1t happens to most of us now and then, but the bods sat back in base, or armoured heavies sitting on the back line and not firing a shot, these I use one of my reports on.

TBH I report more folk for abuse than botting, and even then I can't remember ever having run out of reports during a day of gaming :)

moogu #9 Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21469 battles

View PostLycopersicon, on 19 July 2015 - 08:54 AM, said:

2-3 report / day and with those stats should be more than enough for WG to suspect and check him if he bots but they don't give a f*ck , the guy has 9k games played and he's still playing ....

Lycopersicon #10 Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11041 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 19 July 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

I don't use XVM, yet I notice a lot of bot or afk players. And all that while I'm playing the game.

It's not THAT hard...

I notice some campers every now and then. I assume they are playing badly, or vice versa, being better players than me and doing stuff I don't understand (I have occasionally platooned with much better players doing things I wouldn't do). So, yeah, it is hard, for me at least. Then some are obviously AFK, but it happens mostly for technical reasons. I really don't imagine how to spot a botter without looking at his stats. Yeah, I do suspect that the player OP is referring to has been using a bot; my initial reaction was off because I automatically assumed it was another one of those "look at that guy, I am such a star compared to him" posts.

View PostTRXnMe, on 19 July 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

TBH I report more folk for abuse than botting, and even then I can't remember ever having run out of reports during a day of gaming :)

Most of my reports fall into the "Insults and provocations" category, few go into Unsportsmanlike for revealing ally positions. Don't think I have ever run out of them.

RogDodgeUK #11 Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

Player

• Player
  • 10875 battles

View Postmoogu, on 19 July 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

What did this guy do ? , nothing , that's exactly what he's done and I bet he does that every game.  He camped base , couldn't hit a single shot and a scout enemy tank killed him.

Conclusion ? He's a bot and WG does nothing about it , everyone reported him for botting and I bet that every game someone is reporting him , he gets at least 2-3 report / games played but guess what , he's still not banned cause WG don't give a single f*ck and the report system is useless.

Please WG , get your heads out of your butts and actually take measure about this kind of players , 9k games played , 42 wn8 and people report him each game for botting but he's still playing.

I mean I know WG is a greedy company and they need money but by not banning bots they ruin the gameplay for others.

Unless your an expert in WoT bot investigations I suggest you keep the accusations to yourself.  Over the years, both players and WoT have commented on that this game does have some 'really' bad players but yet time and time again many players just look at a players stats and go 'Bot!!!!' and then accuse WG of doing nothing. Stats prove nothing, game play does, so unless your able to provide replays of this players games, please stop accusing players of something you know nothing about.

paulcunny #12 Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11007 battles
people shouldnt use stats to condem others my stat never seems to change but i never use bots maybe im just not good but people shouldnt report players like me saying we are bots not everyone can be good .i like others just play for fun and dont take wot so serious

moogu #13 Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21469 battles

View Postpaulcunny, on 19 July 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

people shouldnt use stats to condem others my stat never seems to change but i never use bots maybe im just not good but people shouldnt report players like me saying we are bots not everyone can be good .i like others just play for fun and dont take wot so serious

i checked your stats , you have 460 wn8 , that's bad , but compared to 42 wn8 you have unnicum stats

please tell me how to achieve 42 wn8 over 9k battles ?  i wanna know , even if you move and autoaim at every tank you achiev more wn8 than 42 

people who defend this guy that he's just bad that has 42 wn8 , they dunno what they're talking , a bot is there to be in the game and move a bit , look around and shoot randomly , there's no f*cking way you can achieve these stats over 9k battles unless you're using a bot or if you're a 3 year old who's playing the game and this game is PG rated 7

Edited by moogu, 19 July 2015 - 01:12 PM.

Gloris #14 Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19748 battles

View Postpaulcunny, on 19 July 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

So losing games is fun?

Getting your butt handed to you by 90% of the playerbase is fun?

Being a dead weight on your team is fun?

Not understanding how the game works is fun?

That aside, you with your "I plahy vor fun lel" attitude still have 10 times the "evil stats" then the Bot the OP quoted.

TEN TIMES

This has nothing to do with "evil man judging by stats"

That guy is not bad, he is not participating in the game, he is a bot simple as that, and in both cases he needs to go, he drags 14 other people down, over 9k battles that are 126.000 team-members that had a worse game experience because someone thinks the rules don't apply to him and he can just Bot his way to T10

malachi6 #15 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51289 battles

Gloris, Have you never enjoyed one thing in life without being "good" at it?

I have engaged in many activities in which I do not excel or indeed am not particularly good at.  Fun is where you find it.  Random battles should be a place where people with mixed abilities can play.  There are many other parts of the game where the so-called "good players" can get their fun.  

Agreed, bots need removing.  However, I am not sure XVM is a good detection tool due to how it calculates it's metric.

moogu #16 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21469 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 19 July 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

Gloris, Have you never enjoyed one thing in life without being "good" at it?

I have engaged in many activities in which I do not excel or indeed am not particularly good at.  Fun is where you find it.  Random battles should be a place where people with mixed abilities can play.  There are many other parts of the game where the so-called "good players" can get their fun.  

Agreed, bots need removing.  However, I am not sure XVM is a good detection tool due to how it calculates it's metric. 

ok bro , "fun is where you find it" then i guess this 42wn8 guy found  fun in admiring the beautiful graphics of the game , camping base and shooting into the sky over 9k battles :) this is totally the gameplay you need to do in  this game , assuming he's not a bot 

might as well better play clicker heroes than this game if you do such a thing in every random battle 

Edited by moogu, 19 July 2015 - 02:29 PM.

SilentFear #17 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26450 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

You can get about 120 or 150 wn8 by mostly sitting in the base and hit a shot every now and then.

But when you see player whit below 100 wn8 - this is not just a bad player or just play for fun player. THis is a botter. Pure and simple. But WG dont really give a damn as i see the same bots every few days and they never get banned. So its pointless to even report them.

moogu #18 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21469 battles

View PostSilentFear, on 19 July 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

You can get about 120 or 150 wn8 by mostly sitting in the base and hit a shot every now and then.

But when you see player whit below 100 wn8 - this is not just a bad player or just play for fun player. THis is a botter. Pure and simple. But WG dont really give a damn as i see the same bots every few days and they never get banned. So its pointless to even report them.

all i have to say that if the report system would work , i would've been banned by now or at least get a warning and i haven't got neither :trollface:

Baldrickk #19 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32316 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postmalachi6, on 19 July 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

I am not sure XVM is a good detection tool due to how it calculates it's metric.

Well, yeah, it wasn't designed for bot detection.

But!

It gives you a score based on how well you play. Play well, do damage etc and you get a decent score.

Play terribly and you get a bad score

Don't play at all (but still enter battle) and you get close to 0.

LordMuffin #20 Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Gloris (and many otherd) are of this kind pf humans who are just above average at everything they do.

And 'good' is very vague. I would say I am pretty average or somewhere slightly above in WoT. And fyi, I don't do things I am 'bad' at unless I have to, and most certainly wouldn't have a hobby in which I suck.

And while this 42WN8 guy is a bot and should be banned.

If you want to ban everyone below a certain threshold and above a certain amounts of battles, it raises the question "how bad can one be and still be allowed to play".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users