Jump to content


reporting someone doesn't do anything

bot WG fail reports do nothing

  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

moogu #21 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21414 battles
  • 159
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostLordMuffin, on 19 July 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Gloris (and many otherd) are of this kind pf humans who are just above average at everything they do.

And 'good' is very vague. I would say I am pretty average or somewhere slightly above in WoT. And fyi, I don't do things I am 'bad' at unless I have to, and most certainly wouldn't have a hobby in which I suck.

 

And while this 42WN8 guy is a bot and should be banned.

If you want to ban everyone below a certain threshold and above a certain amounts of battles, it raises the question "how bad can one be and still be allowed to play".

 

let's compare with the report system in league of legends , if you're afk a lot , you get suspended by the system , of course in world of tanks you can camp in a bush all day and the system won't ban you but you will get many reports from players and that eventually should ban you , i bet this guy gets reported each battle he plays and he's still not banned :) that shows you how useless is the report system in world of tanks , it was just put there so you can enjoy reporting someone but it won't do anything  

Edited by moogu, 19 July 2015 - 03:03 PM.


Baldrickk #22 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32316 battles
  • 16,983
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postmalachi6, on 19 July 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

I am not sure XVM is a good detection tool due to how it calculates it's metric.

Well, yeah, it wasn't designed for bot detection.

But!

It gives you a score based on how well you play. Play well, do damage etc and you get a decent score.

Play terribly and you get a bad score

Don't play at all (but still enter battle) and you get close to 0.



Dr_LoVe69_makesWoTgreat #23 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:06 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Commander
  • 56187 battles
  • 3,301
  • Member since:
    12-24-2010

View PostRogDodgeUK, on 19 July 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

Unless your an expert in WoT bot investigations I suggest you keep the accusations to yourself.  Over the years, both players and WoT have commented on that this game does have some 'really' bad players but yet time and time again many players just look at a players stats and go 'Bot!!!!' and then accuse WG of doing nothing. Stats prove nothing, game play does, so unless your able to provide replays of this players games, please stop accusing players of something you know nothing about.

 

Oh ex mod strikes again with his wisdom.

Yes stats prove everything, he makes 1 damaging shot every 10 games - so even if he is not a bot he is passively participating in the game which is against EULA.



jabster #24 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • 26,549
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Postedger2020, on 19 July 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

 

Oh ex mod strikes again with his wisdom.

Yes stats prove everything, he makes 1 damaging shot every 10 games - so even if he is not a bot he is passively participating in the game which is against EULA.

 

Probably going to have to disagree with that one. Is he most likely to be a bot or AFKer, yep but he could also be just an very bad player. That's the problem that WG face.

LordMuffin #25 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

Not actively taking part of the battle is against EULA.

 

The botting report system work for some (we get these 'I did nothing but got banned'-threads every now and then, not far ago we had a ban wave with many accounts banned, a few got unbanned. And that guy might have been both warned and banned a few times.



SilentFear #26 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 26450 battles
  • 3,289
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

 

Probably going to have to disagree with that one. Is he most likely to be a bot or AFKer, yep but he could also be just an very bad player. That's the problem that WG face.

 

I think that was mostly a post that was ment to disagree whit something for the sake of disagreeing. 

Very bad players get above 100 wn8. Bots ( bad once ) get below 100 wn8. Its as simple as that.

 

Just try two games where you do nothing sitting in the base afking and then play a game where you only load two HE shells - and test how much wn8 you get out of it.

I often rage against bad player in TS ( wont lie about it ). But even i undurstand that not everyone can be good in every game. Add to that - a large number of the player base is not made of gamers or people that normaly game. So yes low results are normal. Horrible results are also normal. One shot per 10 game is not normal. 

However im all open for an plasuble explonation how to get below 100 wn8 whitout been afk.

 

View PostLordMuffin, on 19 July 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Not actively taking part of the battle is against EULA.

 

The botting report system work for some (we get these 'I did nothing but got banned'-threads every now and then, not far ago we had a ban wave with many accounts banned, a few got unbanned. And that guy might have been both warned and banned a few times.

Incorect. Most of the player in "that" topic were whit stats i could only hope to achive one day. It was massive fock up by WG and nothing to do whit actual bots. And yes we often get topics whining about bans - but they are mostly unsportsman like conduct related ( aka revenge reports ).


Edited by SilentFear, 19 July 2015 - 03:31 PM.


Dr_LoVe69_makesWoTgreat #27 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Commander
  • 56187 battles
  • 3,301
  • Member since:
    12-24-2010

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Probably going to have to disagree with that one. Is he most likely to be a bot or AFKer, yep but he could also be just an very bad player. That's the problem that WG face.

 

View PostSilentFear, on 19 July 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

However im all open for an plasuble explonation how to get below 100 wn8 whitout been afk.

 

He may be a real person who spends every game only shooting birds, trains, cars, trees.

But it is still against EULA.



LordMuffin #28 Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

@Silentfear : We have no clue how many got banned in that wave, and not everyone in the thread got unbanned. Which means some (or many) got banned for something WG called violation of rule 4.06 (usage of bots, macros or similar methods) some four (?) weeks ago.

To me this sounds like WG did ban players for botting or similar, some got unbanned but not all.



Lycopersicon #29 Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 11026 battles
  • 3,712
  • Member since:
    07-30-2014

View Postmoogu, on 19 July 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

 

please tell me how to achieve 42 wn8 over 9k battles ?  i wanna know , even if you move and autoaim at every tank you achiev more wn8 than 42 

 

 

Well, I don't know, and I don't suppose paulcunny knows. Then again, you don't know how to achieve 457 WN8 in 7k battles, or 750 WN8 in 4k battles. I do agree that the simplest explanation for that guy's double-digit WN8 is that he bots, but then there are players who perform far below the level some other player can imagine.



moogu #30 Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21414 battles
  • 159
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostLycopersicon, on 19 July 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

 I do agree that the simplest explanation for that guy's double-digit WN8 is that he bots, but then there are players who perform far below the level some other player can imagine.

 

to achieve those 2 digit wn8 stats requires you to not participate actively in battle which is against EULA , basically camping and watching how beautiful the graphics are if your pc can handle it 

 

he could or could not be a bot , still violates the game play rules 

 

 


Edited by moogu, 19 July 2015 - 04:43 PM.


TRXnMe #31 Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17770 battles
  • 695
  • [KHOG] KHOG
  • Member since:
    02-21-2013

View PostLycopersicon, on 19 July 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

 

Most of my reports fall into the "Insults and provocations" category, few go into Unsportsmanlike for revealing ally positions. Don't think I have ever run out of them.

 

Considering how many 'botters / akfers' and 'abusers' there are out there, according to the forum ;) we are either blind or have very thick skins :):D



jabster #32 Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • 26,549
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View Postedger2020, on 19 July 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

 

 

He may be a real person who spends every game only shooting birds, trains, cars, trees.

But it is still against EULA.

 

Someone who rushes forward, really doesn't understand what they are doing and then dies for example. I can't see that giving a very high WN8 but I'd admit I not sure of the exact formula.

 

The point I was really making is that although he's probably a bot or AFKer WG have to be pretty sure before they go handing bans out. I've never seen one of their games and nor have WG. Maybe that's the real problem?



paulcunny #33 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11007 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    12-30-2012

i totally agree with bans for people breaking the rules the point i tried to make was using stats is not the way to do it ,there is a thread in the forum some guy

 

says he has lost 13 games in a row so does that mean he should be banned for being dead weight

 

Edited by paulcunny, 19 July 2015 - 06:11 PM.


Dr_LoVe69_makesWoTgreat #34 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Commander
  • 56187 battles
  • 3,301
  • Member since:
    12-24-2010

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

The point I was really making is that although he's probably a bot or AFKer WG have to be pretty sure before they go handing bans out. I've never seen one of their games and nor have WG. Maybe that's the real problem?

 

Ofc they should check, but having that stats should have raised flags @ WG long time ago.

 

View Postpaulcunny, on 19 July 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

says he has lost 13 games in a row so does that mean he should be banned for being dead weight

 

Ofc NOT, I lost 13 games in a row too. Losing streaks happen.



SilentFear #35 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:28 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 26450 battles
  • 3,289
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

 

Someone who rushes forward, really doesn't understand what they are doing and then dies for example. I can't see that giving a very high WN8 but I'd admit I not sure of the exact formula.

 

The point I was really making is that although he's probably a bot or AFKer WG have to be pretty sure before they go handing bans out. I've never seen one of their games and nor have WG. Maybe that's the real problem?

 

Thats all fine and nice and i agree. WG should investigate. But thats the thing - there is tons of players whit 10-20k + games whit wn8 of 3 ( yes i saw one whit that ) or below 100. This cases and players need to be atleast looked into. 

I know there is some very bad players or people playing the game suffering from diseases - but they will never fall below 100 wn8.



Lycopersicon #36 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 11026 battles
  • 3,712
  • Member since:
    07-30-2014

View PostSilentFear, on 19 July 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

 

Very bad players get above 100 wn8. Bots ( bad once ) get below 100 wn8. Its as simple as that.

 

Just try two games where you do nothing sitting in the base afking and then play a game where you only load two HE shells - and test how much wn8 you get out of it.

 

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

 

Someone who rushes forward, really doesn't understand what they are doing and then dies for example. I can't see that giving a very high WN8 but I'd admit I not sure of the exact formula.

 

This is from my vehicle hall of shame:

Spoiler

 

This yields WN8 of 43.11 for my PzIC. Just one vehicle, I do have worse, but this is the only one with sort of representative battle count (WN8 of 4.88 for M2 Medium over 24 battles might count as an attempt to trump that). Whatever I did there (suiscouted, in short, although I don't think this was what I intended - then again, I'm not quite sure what I did or thought in this game nine-ten months ago), I definitely didn't use a bot and never camped or went AFK. What we see in this summary is the result of a very bad player's honest attempt to play the game.


Edited by Lycopersicon, 19 July 2015 - 07:13 PM.


FsAviX #37 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27127 battles
  • 227
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013
in summer there is a lot of kids playing aswell, i see kids running around exploring maps and not shooting at enemies, i saw a type t34 here the other day and he had a enemy tank 5-6 meters behind him (basicly up his [edited]) and he didnt even turn his turret. he just drove around looking at trees and rocks.. he had under 40 wn8 and 11k battles. he wasnt a bot. there are quite a lot of them. but i still report them tho because they do ruin the game experiense. 

moogu #38 Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21414 battles
  • 159
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostFsAviX, on 19 July 2015 - 05:58 PM, said:

in summer there is a lot of kids playing aswell, i see kids running around exploring maps and not shooting at enemies, i saw a type t34 here the other day and he had a enemy tank 5-6 meters behind him (basicly up his [edited]) and he didnt even turn his turret. he just drove around looking at trees and rocks.. he had under 40 wn8 and 11k battles. he wasnt a bot. there are quite a lot of them. but i still report them tho because they do ruin the game experiense. 

 

at that point i don't think that matters if he's a bot or not , he's still breaking the rules and should be banned or at least warned then banned if he continues , you can report them as much as u want , WG seems that it doesn't give a damn , that's why i made this thread with this title , that the report system is useless 

jabster #39 Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • 26,549
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostSilentFear, on 19 July 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

 

Thats all fine and nice and i agree. WG should investigate. But thats the thing - there is tons of players whit 10-20k + games whit wn8 of 3 ( yes i saw one whit that ) or below 100. This cases and players need to be atleast looked into. 

I know there is some very bad players or people playing the game suffering from diseases - but they will never fall below 100 wn8.

 

WG have talked about their anti-botting system but as far as I know they have no way of storing replays so I'm really not sure what checks they can do besides looking at stats. I still think they can and should do more but the penalty for botting is pretty sever so they really need to get it right almost every time.



Phocker #40 Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8558 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    06-11-2015
Sorry to break it to you people who think they can set the bar in how good a player should be (unless of course 100% proven a bot), you don't set the rules, you don't set the figures, what is good for me maybe bad for you, what is good for you maybe bad for someone else, bottom line its random battles (I think your referring too) meaning all different skill levels and different types of tanks (mostly), I wish they would just pull the report system and take full control of it themselves, players think they have the right to report others for a huge number of reasons, just because they can, which is frankly crazy, the whole system can be manipulated to ones own agenda, which can be for various reasons, even playing too good. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users