Jump to content


reporting someone doesn't do anything

bot WG fail reports do nothing

  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Schwartz_Geist #41 Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1478 battles
  • 305
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011
WG does not even read in-game reports. Its all symbolism over substance. As long as people spend $ its all good comrade.

LordMuffin #42 Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 53499 battles
  • 13,409
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

@Schwartz_Geist

Then, why do players get banned and emails saying they where banned due to ingame reports?



moogu #43 Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:34 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21244 battles
  • 159
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostLordMuffin, on 19 July 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

@Schwartz_Geist

Then, why do players get banned and emails saying they where banned due to ingame reports?

 

then tell me why isn't this t69 42wn8 guy not banned yet? he's violating the rules each game he plays cause he camps the base , looking into the sky , thinking about life and not participating to the game 

 

WG just banned a few people and probably the guys weren't even that guilty as people who don't do anything each game and achieve under 100 wn8 



SBKDisco #44 Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38423 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

 

Someone who rushes forward, really doesn't understand what they are doing and then dies for example. I can't see that giving a very high WN8 but I'd admit I not sure of the exact formula.

 

 

Unfortunately, anyone who is driving a scout tank, that doesn't rush forward and die fast is very likely to be reported as a bot, whatever their WN8 might be.

 

I'm almost afraid to take up a bush spotting position now, because I've been reported and verbally abused every time I do it. It doesn't matter whether or not I am spotting an entire flank from my bush, some moron will start calling for everyone to report bot etc. I lost my cool earlier and parked my light right in front of an idiot FV304 who had typed in chat to report me, and several players confirmed they would do so. When I was face hugging him he fired his gun into my MT-25 for 170 HP Damage.

 

Because I'd left my position to come back and remonstrate with the idiot, an enemy Panther and T20 made their way along the flank I'd been watching and destroyed the FV304 who at that time was busy typing abuse directed at me in the team chat.

 


Edited by SBKDisco, 20 July 2015 - 11:41 PM.


Alkhadias #45 Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22692 battles
  • 350
  • [G_H_S] G_H_S
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012

Reports works. Prolly not all of em and not immediately, but reporting system does work.

I’ve seen it many times (not on myself ofc :p) Tkers from past 2 days get banned because of reports, that’s only an example, but trust me I’ve seen it many times.

Of course system like this one can’t work everytime properly and be 100% accurate it’s just impossible within such huge community.


Edited by Alkhadias, 21 July 2015 - 12:57 AM.


moogu #46 Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:41 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21244 battles
  • 159
  • Member since:
    12-08-2012

View PostAlkhadias, on 20 July 2015 - 11:55 PM, said:

Reports works. Prolly not all of em and not immediately, but reporting system does work.

I’ve seen it many times (not on myself ofc :p) Tkers from past 2 days get banned because of reports, that’s only an example, but trust me I’ve seen it many times.

Of course system like this one can’t work everytime properly and be 100% accurate it’s just impossible within such huge community.

 

tking someone will get you banned by the system not because of the reports you get , if tk a certain ammount of teammates then you get an autoban , if the report system would've worked i would've been banned long time ago , cause i insult people who camp or don't participate to the battle like each game and all they say "reported noob" so i guess i'm getting a lot of reports and i haven't even got a warning by now 

 

report system is working as intended 



Baldrickk #47 Posted 21 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32316 battles
  • 16,977
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostSBKDisco, on 20 July 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

 

Unfortunately, anyone who is driving a scout tank, that doesn't rush forward and die fast is very likely to be reported as a bot, whatever their WN8 might be.

 

I'm almost afraid to take up a bush spotting position now, because I've been reported and verbally abused every time I do it. It doesn't matter whether or not I am spotting an entire flank from my bush, some moron will start calling for everyone to report bot etc. I lost my cool earlier and parked my light right in front of an idiot FV304 who had typed in chat to report me, and several players confirmed they would do so. When I was face hugging him he fired his gun into my MT-25 for 170 HP Damage.

 

Because I'd left my position to come back and remonstrate with the idiot, an enemy Panther and T20 made their way along the flank I'd been watching and destroyed the FV304 who at that time was busy typing abuse directed at me in the team chat.

 

Just ignore them if you are sure you are right.

WTF were you doing hoing back and face-hugging allied arty. It wasn't him that went back letting enemies get a free run along that flank.

 

I'd possibly have put a shell into you myself in that situation.

 

As a light tank player (I play all, but lights the most) I very, very rarely get told to go scout, and I don't suicide either.

I also rarely see scouts that are doing an effective scouting job being told to go and scout.

Even more rarely do I see teamkills for not scouting - I'm not joking, I've seen it once, in 18k games.

 

It makes me wonder what people are doing when they come here and saying it meeps happening to them.



SBKDisco #48 Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38423 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 July 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Just ignore them if you are sure you are right.

WTF were you doing hoing back and face-hugging allied arty. It wasn't him that went back letting enemies get a free run along that flank.

 

I'd possibly have put a shell into you myself in that situation.

 

As a light tank player (I play all, but lights the most) I very, very rarely get told to go scout, and I don't suicide either.

I also rarely see scouts that are doing an effective scouting job being told to go and scout.

Even more rarely do I see teamkills for not scouting - I'm not joking, I've seen it once, in 18k games.

 

It makes me wonder what people are doing when they come here and saying it meeps happening to them.

 

As I said, the FV304 asked the team to report me for botting, a KV2 responded affirmative. So I got 2 reports for botting, even though the game was less than a minute old. Both players were alive and on the opposite flank to me.

 

Just ignoring them when I know I'm right? Really? I'm driving my tank in a battle and get called a bot, and I should just ignore them because I know I'm not?

 

I typed in chat, "Nice idea FV304 WTF are you on about" "I can spot their base and the whole left flank from there" he responded something along the lines of "MT25 bot, noob, camper, big [edited]go play tetris" That's why I lost it and drove up to him and face hugged him, I was hoping he would shoot me and he did. Under normal circumstances I would only have gone near him if an enemy attack on him was imminent. I don't team damage as a rule, but after his unwarranted abuse and requests to have me reported, I totally lost it. I had no desire to play the game after encountering this cretin and I haven't played a single battle since it happened either, I couldn't give a stuff that this clown lost the battle and took the team with him, he brought it on himself If I'm going to be reported for something it's obvious I'm not, I see no reason why I should try to get him banned for team damage. This is the only game I've ever played where the trolls are fully supported by the game manufacturer, who will issue bans just because some low bob clowns submit reports. No way would the FV304 player spout that kind of garbage at anyone in real life, or if he did, he would only do it once.

 

What do I do that has caused me to be reported for botting half a dozen times in the last couple of weeks?

 

It probably has something to do with not rushing in and getting slaughtered in the first 2 minutes. If I don't have a spotting route for a map I will wait to see where everyone else is going before deciding where I should go. I certainly won't rush off along a flank that is unsupported, as the chances are I'd get smashed without even getting any spotting damage. I will often wait patiently in a spotting position until I'm needed for a more active role. A scout is only useful while he is alive, so I never go too far forward until I know it's necessary or if I'm well supported. Sometimes I'll spot passively, sometimes I'll make big and small circles while driving around trying to keep the enemy tanks lit up. What I always try to avoid is throwing my tank away. In almost every battle I play, my T6 scout is the lowest tier and weakest tank in the battle. There are generally three or four higher tier scouts on both sides and bumping into a T7 or T8 scout often results in an early exit for the T6 (me). So no I won't take undue risks until I need to do so.

 

Why some random player reports another player for botting when the game is less than a minute old is outside of my comprehension.


Edited by SBKDisco, 21 July 2015 - 09:46 PM.


Baldrickk #49 Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32316 battles
  • 16,977
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostSBKDisco, on 21 July 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

As I said, the FV304 asked the team to report me for botting, a KV2 responded affirmative. So I got 2 reports for botting, even though the game was less than a minute old. Both players were alive and on the opposite flank to me.

 

Just ignoring them when I know I'm right? Really? I'm driving my tank in a battle and get called a bot, and I should just ignore them because I know I'm not?

Yes.

Getting worked up about idiots isn't going to help anyone, least of all you.

 

View PostSBKDisco, on 21 July 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

I typed in chat, "Nice idea FV304 WTF are you on about" "I can spot their base and the whole left flank from there" he responded something along the lines of "MT25 bot, noob, camper, big [edited]go play tetris" That's why I lost it and drove up to him and face hugged him, I was hoping he would shoot me and he did. Under normal circumstances I would only have gone near him if an enemy attack on him was imminent. I don't team damage as a rule, but after his unwarranted abuse and requests to have me reported, I totally lost it. I had no desire to play the game after encountering this cretin and I haven't played a single battle since it happened either, I couldn't give a stuff that this clown lost the battle and took the team with him, he brought it on himself If I'm going to be reported for something it's obvious I'm not, I see no reason why I should try to get him banned for team damage. This is the only game I've ever played where the trolls are fully supported by the game manufacturer, who will issue bans just because some low bob clowns submit reports. No way would the FV304 player spout that kind of garbage at anyone in real life, or if he did, he would only do it once.

 

What do I do that has caused me to be reported for botting half a dozen times in the last couple of weeks?

 

It probably has something to do with not rushing in and getting slaughtered in the first 2 minutes. If I don't have a spotting route for a map I will wait to see where everyone else is going before deciding where I should go. I certainly won't rush off along a flank that is unsupported, as the chances are I'd get smashed without even getting any spotting damage. I will often wait patiently in a spotting position until I'm needed for a more active role. A scout is only useful while he is alive, so I never go too far forward until I know it's necessary or if I'm well supported. Sometimes I'll spot passively, sometimes I'll make big and small circles while driving around trying to keep the enemy tanks lit up. What I always try to avoid is throwing my tank away. In almost every battle I play, my T6 scout is the lowest tier and weakest tank in the battle. There are generally three or four higher tier scouts on both sides and bumping into a T7 or T8 scout often results in an early exit for the T6 (me). So no I won't take undue risks until I need to do so.

 

Why some random player reports another player for botting when the game is less than a minute old is outside of my comprehension.

 

Mine too.

Besides, I bet that over half the time, these people don't report you. And if they do, they probably do it a lot and their false report rate means that WG will ignore them.

 

What they are doing is no different to forum trolls, they just want a reaction.

 

Don't let it ruin you game or put you off playing. That just means they win.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



demonix00 #50 Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:17 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7187 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    02-02-2014

http://wotreplays.eu...stug_iii_ausf_g

 

If you think that reporting does nothing, then watch that replay and take note of the idiot who decided to use me as a meatshield and doesn't even move until I'm a smouldering wreck.

 

Once I told everyone to report that idiot for unsportsmanlike conduct, it didn't take that long for the idiots tank to stop moving because they'd been banned.

 

And I'd really wish people would stop classing low WN8 players as bots since it's likely that they've sucked badly in their early career and are trying to get better (although there are those that will suck no matter how high they get up the tech tree) which is what I'm trying to do even though I'm being teamed up with players that don't even have an active braincell in their heads, and now I've started a campaign of going AFK if I'm falsely accused of being a bot since they don't deserve to have me assisting them in the match.



Baldrickk #51 Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32316 battles
  • 16,977
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
Poor internet = double post :(

Edited by Baldrickk, 23 July 2015 - 10:23 AM.


Baldrickk #52 Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32316 battles
  • 16,977
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postdemonix00, on 23 July 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

Spoiler

 

If you don't mind me asking...

 

...what were you doing for your first 3k games?

No offence intended, but I have seen bots (usually the ones who sit on spawn and just shoot if an enemy appears) with better stats.

I'm asking because, having not been in that position, I don't have an understanding of it.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users