Give your 2 cents please!

FCM50T T34 Premium

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Coldspell #21 Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19487 battles

T34 is incredibly, incredibly sluggish with an engine deck that can be seen from outer space... you run into an arty player with 2 brain cells to rub together and you will not have a very fun game.

The FCM 50t is a fun tank (although I had a cursed win rate in it my first 15 straight games were losses) it is basically a very big medium tank, since 9.9 though I feel like it takes ammorack damage way way more often wich can be pretty annoying.

Certainly if you want the medium playstyle then you want the 50t but.... I will be the first to admit I am pretty sucky in this tank, I feel like it needs a much more skilled player to really use it effectively.

As a controversial suggestion....  I would say first and foremost wait for the next test server and test the tanks but also test the 112, now a lot of people say the 112 is just a gimped IS6..... but no just no, I have both the 112 and the 110 and honestly hand on my heart the 112 completely walks all over its non premium counterpart.

It is a very fast heavy in a straight line it will outrun pretty much every tier 8 heavy except the 50t and maybe the AMX50100 when it gets up to speed, it has amazing frontal armour with a much smaller weakpoint then the 110, it has horrible traverse speed and if other heavies rush you side on it is very difficult to keep your front facing them, it has a horrible gun however this is instantly remedied by firing premium.... it still prints credits and the gun becomes pretty much fire and forget and it has pref MM.

Although if you want credits and your favourite medium is the panther.... why aren't you considering the Panther M/10 was it removed from the store or something?

tajj7 #22 Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25762 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostExcavatus, on 05 August 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

First of all, you dont need to address me as a third person :) 

because Panther is not a true medium, I mostly play it like a support.. fat medium..

My idea about the FCM playing style is just like that... That is what I am trying to find out by asking..

It was because I was quoting that guy so replying to him directly, hence why I used 'OP' to refer to you.

And yes the FCM really is a support tank mainly, it can do a lot that mediums can do though.

However the main point I was making is that because it's MM as a heavy sometimes there is not that much to support. 

Also don't just go to the opposite side where the heavies go by default, read the map and team line ups and go where it's best to win the game. Try not to get into a mindset of "I'm in X type of tank  on Y map so I always go Z spot", especially in a tank as flexible as an FCM.

If your team is strong in heavies and you think you have the awareness you can go to town for example and help them win there, you do this by providing a threat/distraction, popping out to take shots when the enemy turns their turrets or have fired thus conserving your HP and not trading with bigger alpha.  Mediums can cause havoc in town set ups especially because town usually contain multiple routes that a fast agile tank can take advantage off IF your own team's heavies are doing their job.  Brawling spots it's not so easy as the battles are very linear (like Redshire heavy brawling spot for example).

If you think you can do the FCM then get the FCM.

I will say IMO that it's combo off good gun, decent all round mobility, some usable armour, good DPM, and good gun depression PLUS that premium MM it's the best tier 8 premium you can get. 

pehoko #23 Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24121 battles

View PostExcavatus, on 05 August 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

View Postfazakerley_, on 05 August 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

I prefer TDs with high alpha and a little more mobility. Like SU152 (derp! derp!) or SU100.. or borsig wf from germany..(this one I do not have yet)

+1

for su-122-44

it has all that you want

Excavatus #24 Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostColdspell, on 05 August 2015 - 01:46 PM, said:

Although if you want credits and your favourite medium is the panther.... why aren't you considering the Panther M/10 was it removed from the store or something?

2 reasons I can tell,

Important one: credit income stats shows its income average roughly is %33 percent lower than T34 or FCM

nonsense one: while I have a panther and one on the way (panther II), buying another one with real money feels like a dumb move :) (I know... nonsense)

Excavatus #25 Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 05 August 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

Also don't just go to the opposite side where the heavies go by default, read the map and team line ups and go where it's best to win the game. Try not to get into a mindset of "I'm in X type of tank  on Y map so I always go Z spot", especially in a tank as flexible as an FCM.

Actually I am trying to do that always.. and trying to improve my awareness..

I am going to the weak side basically to observe the battle for a minute or 2..

To figure out at which point the help needed most.. Or at which point we left open..

Because I have a very good view range in my panther, If we left open a flank, I try to stay back on that flank, in cover, and try to spot enemies who may come from there. And try to stall them till help comes.. (they never come to help to a fallen/open flank)

I always try to figure out how to stay alive longer and cause more problems to the enemy team in a medium.. just peeking from a different point to a heavy group sometimes makes them act like idiots or break their flow of the battle.

But, in randoms, in most games every heavy mostly goes to the same spot in a given map. That makes me to go same spots in a given map mostly..

I think you are saying do not even do this.. do not create a pattern for yourself for each map, that will kill your awareness! Am I right?

tajj7 #26 Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25762 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostExcavatus, on 05 August 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

I think you are saying do not even do this.. do not create a pattern for yourself for each map, that will kill your awareness! Am I right?

Yes, because it may become a habit or you may do it by default when it isn't really the right play, but you just do it because that's what you always do.

It's a bit like when people say heavies go here, or mediums go here and ping the map, sure sometimes that is right, other times it isn't, it depends on the composition of both teams, the maps and even the players. 

Read this article - http://wotlabs.net/a...mportance-plan/

Explains in more detail what I am trying to say. 

Per_Saukko_EU #27 Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30327 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I can see a few different approaches here. As has already been explained to you, T34 has a pretty OP gun that will consistently hurt any tank, and 400 damage per hit isn't something even tier Xs can shrug off just like that. The beauty of having a 250 pen gun in a tier 8 tank is that you never need to use a single gold round unless you want to, and you can often penetrate even the hardest part of an enemy armor with little trouble. The turret is also stupidly tough and offers -10 gun depression which lets you dominate hill fights. The turret roof and cupola can be damaged but they are very hard to hit in many situations because the tank is very tall and the hitbox of the cupola is somewhat small. The only real frustration is the artillery because the tank is slow and the armor is situational(hulldown you can't move that much). The tank will teach you good hulldown positions, but is somewhat unsuited for brawling because of the poor hull armor. It isn't a disaster in that either because of the gun, but that's something you should only do if absolutely necessary. It's fairly straightforward to play and if that's what you want on top of some easy credits, go for it.

IS-6 needs to be considered. It doesn't print as many credits, but it wins games like no other tank and is fun to play because of its reliability. Whatever the situation(except facing an E-75), it can do something. The penetration is bad, but with preferential matchmaking you will often find yourself fighting against lower tiers that are easy to pen, and while you are underdog against elited heavy tanks of the same tier, the tank has very good alpha and has an armor layout and mobility that is perfect for harassing enemies or poking out to take a shot and and hiding. It somewhat struggles against tanks like elited IS-3 and tier 9 heavies, but it does have the necessary tools to be useful which I personally find very comforting. Even if the armor becomes very unreliable, 390 alpha with fairly good mobility and surprisingly good gun handling(you'll learn to appreciate the bloom values after playing the Chinese premiums), you can be a headache. IS-6 is also a ridiculous overperformer. Whether your win rate is 41%, 50% or 72%, IS-6 will be one of your most winning tanks. The average orange 48% win rater wins 50.80% of battles on IS-6, and even the unicums with ridiculous win rates like 65% will record 3-5% higher on IS-6 than their average tanks. Even a dark red 41% tomato wins like 44% with IS-6. It's also a relaxing tank to play, and even if it isn't the best credit maker, it still makes lots of profit and wins games so you will probably end up playing it a lot.

FCM is the toughest of the three to play and according to the conventional wisdom can't be recommended. It is however a rock solid investment if you are willing to learn, and a perfect platform for that. People will tell you to go to tier 5 to learn, but you will learn a lot more in higher tier battles. Contrary to a popular belief, you learn a lot more effectively when strong players beat you than you learn by playing an OP low tier tank against poor enemies who run into your gun. Even if you are not great with FCM and it isn't the best silver farmer for you, you will still make steady profit. If you decide to buy FCM you should prepare to be useless, die, make mistakes and be abused by your teammates for some time while you make some more mistakes. But if you play the tank regularly, you will eventually learn the hard way what works out and what does not. It will take some time but those are awesome lessons to become a better player as well. A thing with FCM that should also be considered is that you do need a crew for it to be effective. Without Sixth Sense and no gun handling buffs the gun will be unreliable, so you should prepare for some grind. If you want a good long term investment and are fine with it not reaping immediate results, FCM is a very good choice. If you are not willing to put in the hard work and time, it is a bad idea.

Edited by Per_Saukko_EU, 05 August 2015 - 03:58 PM.

wims80 #28 Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10325 battles

View Posttajj7, on 05 August 2015 - 03:11 PM, said:

^ T34 accuracy is pretty good to be fair, it's 0.35, just aim time is bad. 

Accuracy is probably the single least important gun stat tho, due to the ridiculous 25% RNG. The problem with the gun on the T34 is that it takes forever to aim, the bloom is huge and the dpm is terrible. Just all-around bad gun handling

BelizariusCZ #29 Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 135 battles

View Postalyster, on 05 August 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

• superb turret armour. Hull down even tier 10s have to aim for weakspot

You forgot to add: turret ceiling (that almost horizontal piece of armour between the mantlet and the commander's cuppola) has 38 mm of armour. That means that 120 mm guns (and bigger caliber) will overmatch.

You're talking male cow manure...

MrClark56 #30 Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 6257 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBelizariusCZ, on 05 August 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

You forgot to add: turret ceiling (that almost horizontal piece of armour between the mantlet and the commander's cuppola) has 38 mm of armour. That means that 120 mm guns (and bigger caliber) will overmatch.

true, i get raped all the time from there.. superb turret my arse... but then you have to wiggle wiggle... tutututtuuu tututu wiggle wiggle...

GeneralJock #31 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14418 battles

The magic phrase you used (I think) was "credit-making". I completely get that, because if (like me) you are not a great player then you need something to boost the silver. I've played quite a few premium tanks, my biggest mistake being the Lowe when I started playing WoT (I know, please don't hate me).

While credit grinding is a necessity for folks like us, it's gotta be fun FFS otherwise you might as well stay in the office!

Everything I've read about the T34 says its a marmite tank. Long reload, really slow, hard-hitting gun, good armour. You are going to love it or really hate it. I personally can't be doing with the super-slow machines that mean you're game strategy is irreversible decided in the 1st minute.

I've never played the T34, but I do have the FCM. My stats are embarrassing in it, after 120 games, but I will say the following things only:

1. It's clearly a pretty awesome tank in the right hands according to the data

2. It's pretty quick so you can rocket around the map, run away, flank or change sides easily if you decide to (fun)

3. It's got a great gun - seems to reliably pen, at distance with standard AP (fun)

4. Good gun depression, find a good hill and snipe over the brow (fun)

5. It's got really good view-range, so you can spot with it if you want and rack up sheds of spotting (fun)

6. Armour is thin, but you can bounce shots with the front armour... just don't get in that situation, because you're pushing your luck if you do!

I really enjoy the FCM, even though I'm crap in it. It's accelerating my crew training up the French line, and I hope I will improve in it over the next 120 games.

And particularly to your comment - even if you play it as poorly as me, it always makes money. Usually 30-50k per game, I've had quite a few 75k games. I don't shoot gold in it, ever.

There's only one downside I would say, and that is all the s*** you get on chat for not "leading the charge... cos like ure a heavy". Because it ain't a heavy, it's a big medium.

Go for it.

Jock

*Edit: Let me just say that the gun penetration and the view-range are purely experience based. I've no data to back it up, but it does just seem to pen very reliably, and light up lots of targets. If I were a better player, this tank would be just the dog's bollocks.

Edited by GeneralJock, 05 August 2015 - 08:32 PM.

Wtcorp_ #32 Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8348 battles

I hope no one minds me hijacking the thread but rather than start a new one, I'll post my question here

Anyway, with the discounts this weekend,  I've decided to buy a high tier prem and I've narrowed it down to the FCM and SU-122-44. I'm mainly looking for credit earning in a fun to play tank I can do well in. I have crews for both;  FCM are 90% and 35% first skill, but the loader is brand new 75%. The SU crew will all be 100% just starting on the first skill. Is it worth waiting to get the crews better before playing any of the two?

Per_Saukko_EU #33 Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30327 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWtcorp_, on 05 August 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

I hope no one minds me hijacking the thread but rather than start a new one, I'll post my question here

Anyway, with the discounts this weekend,  I've decided to buy a high tier prem and I've narrowed it down to the FCM and SU-122-44. I'm mainly looking for credit earning in a fun to play tank I can do well in. I have crews for both;  FCM are 90% and 35% first skill, but the loader is brand new 75%. The SU crew will all be 100% just starting on the first skill. Is it worth waiting to get the crews better before playing any of the two?

FCM. The preferential matchmaking alone makes it more fun to play with, and it's also going to make a lot more credits for that reason. Being bottom tier is neither fun nor good for printing silver. The crew will suck until you get Sixth Sense and some gun handling skills, but if you can bear it it's worth it. FCM is the fastest way to train the crew anyway.

SU-122-44 is a good tank but it's not a great credit maker contrary to a popular belief. It is good for being tier 7, but if it makes 60% the credits FCM makes, it's still a pretty big difference. The 175 penetration is pretty good when top tier but it's already somewhat awkward against some tier 8's for a tank that doesn't have a turret and doesn't get to take great shots because it doesn't want to get too close. Against tie 9s it's pretty much inadequate unless people run into your gun with their sides.

alyster #34 Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40334 battles
  • [ESTW] ESTW

View PostBelizariusCZ, on 05 August 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

thats why i said weakspot

J0N4S2 #35 Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21360 battles
Since you really liked the Panther 1 why not consider getting a Panther 88? Its a decent tank imo and its also not as expenisve as the FCM or T34 ;)

Excavatus #36 Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

ok,

Another side question,

today the discounts started in the prem shop.

%13 for the expensive tanks,

%24-26 for the cheap ones.

Which package you suggest me to buy...

1) FCM or T34

2) (AMX CDC or SuperPershing) + Type 64...

God.. I feel like a female person on shopping with a limited budget..

MrClark56 #37 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6257 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostExcavatus, on 06 August 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

ok,

Another side question,

today the discounts started in the prem shop.

%13 for the expensive tanks,

%24-26 for the cheap ones.

Which package you suggest me to buy...

1) FCM or T34

2) (AMX CDC or SuperPershing) + Type 64...

God.. I feel like a female person on shopping with a limited budget..

lol, do as women do while shopping... buy them alll....

Excavatus #38 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMrClark56, on 06 August 2015 - 06:01 AM, said:

lol, do as women do while shopping... buy them alll....

My wife does that part in our family..

When I was single, I had the %75 of my salary left to me after the fixed expenses gone at the start of the month..

%25 goes to eating drinking smoking,

%25 goes to my bike,

%25 goes to gaming..

after marriage + kid..

I dont know.. may be %2 of my salary I can spend.. for my personal expenses..

life of a married man :) I earn the money, wife decides how much I can spend..

MrClark56 #39 Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6257 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostExcavatus, on 06 August 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

My wife does that part in our family..

When I was single, I had the %75 of my salary left to me after the fixed expenses gone at the start of the month..

%25 goes to eating drinking smoking,

%25 goes to my bike,

%25 goes to gaming..

after marriage + kid..

I dont know.. may be %2 of my salary I can spend.. for my personal expenses..

life of a married man :) I earn the money, wife decides how much I can spend..

you and me both, and probably many others as well.. such is life..

Cobra6 #40 Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16340 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

T34 if you like to do ridgework, just because of it's turret armour. Also, 400 damage per shot which makes it easier to finish off enemies.

FCM50t if you like paper mediums.

Cobra 6

Also tagged with FCM50T, T34, Premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users