"Good" WoT players having trouble with illiteracy?

guest273 Illiteracy Platoons Domination (D)omination (D)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles
  • [DAILY] DAILY

Hey guys, guest273 here. So let me tell you a cool story:

Since WG introduced the domination game mode I decided to play it and give them some testing feedback, because for me:

1) Battles that are not counted in stats are very relaxing. Lose 3 in a row, slightly frustrating but mostly my brain is not bothered.

2) They generate about 50 free exp in 8 minutes average - for me that's acceptable. Plus the small crew training is also appreciated.

3) Almost impossible to lose credits even if you play really crappy. I end up with +5-8k in 8 minutes.

But there is 1 problem. You need a 3 man platoon to play it if you don't want to play it solo. If I play it alone I end up with about 50-80 points average, but most of the teams seam to fail and we almost always barely lose by 20-40 points. It's only logic that I wanna increase my chances to win, that also increases income and thus the FUN factor to play this mode - for me.

So the cool story starts here. I invite my friends list (50 people online) and clan (10 people online) with the invitation text: "(D)omination".

So 1 player comes, for example my clan member 'Park_Avenue' seems to play this mode quite a lot with me.

2 minutes no-one else is coming so I invite again, this time with invitation text: "+1 (D)"

And this is what happens:

Me and Park ready up [Bat-Chatillon 25 t (D)] and [Leopard 1 (D)] - so we could instantly go in battle once the 3rd guy comes.

1) Comes player 'xxxxx' and *selects Maus tank*. I wait 1 min, the guy types: "Go!" or "Start!" *He leaves*

My reaction - Ok this guy has regular tier X tanks like "IS-7", "BatChat", "Leo1", so he hasn't noticed the cloned versions in his garage. Well ok, happens.

2) Comes player 'yyyyy' and says: "Oh sorry I thought tier 5 platoon" *He leaves*

My reaction - Aha, because in the invite text I wrote: "Tier 5 platoon +1 player". Sure, no problem.

3) Comes player 'zzzzz' and says: "Sorry no tier X!" *He leaves*

My reaction - Aha, this guy hasn't noticed domination mode for 3 weeks because he has many tanks in his garage (total about 5-6) tanks. Ok no problem.

Yeah, at this point it has got ridiculous.

4) Comes player 'qqqqq' and *selects AMX 13-90*. *Waits 15 seconds*, *Selects T71* ... 2 min later my nerve system starts to question his IQ level and my patience before nerve breakdown remaining so I type in chat: "Oh look, a tiny exclamation mark next to your tank. I wonder what it says if you mouse over it." (Of-course it says - compatible tanks: IS-7 (D), Leopard 1 (D) and also states the 3 others.) So the guy types in chat: "When you start???"

That would all be fine if people in my friends list would be for example "ShootGreenTenkOnli" or "xDragonSlayerx666Pro" or "MasterProTankerJakub". But since my win rate is almost full 66% to get in my friends list you need about a 58% win rate minimum. (Since I play to win) (That is better than 97% of the player base can do). Yeah ok I have about 3-5 players in my friends list max with below 55% win rate. They maybe are old contacts which play once a week, but they come to my platoons actively so I don't mind them being there.

But F**king people with 58% or 63% or 68% win rates failing to understand that I want to play this game mode that has been introduced 3-4 weeks ago. Are they blind to information??? I don't think they play with mini-map disabled, so they shouldn't be blind to information.

The sad thing is that this routine repeats every day. So from the top 3% players only about 20% people can actually read what I write in invitation text????? WTF??? Some illiteracy problem. Guys, let me tell you that I used to play a lot of Civilization 3 back in the day and it did seem impossible that the literacy level of my great country was about 34% with every town having a library, a temple, a church, almost every town an university. I understand that the game developers were correct now.

I have no idea why some people never read what I write in the invitation text. I write "tier 5" and comes a guy saying - "Ah I thought you playing tier 7!" etc. etc. etc. How is it really possible that good players fail so hard??? (And no my friends list does not have 95% seal-clubbers and stat-padders. Yeah sure about 1/4 of my friends list are those but people who are decent on mid-tiers/high-tiers should not have this problem with the brain.) EU wtf??? What has happened to your average intellect? Can't read 1-2 sentences?

Also the map rotation on (D)omination since we are at it now - Cliff, Cliff, Cliff, Cliff, Cliff, Cliff. Then later - Cliff, Cliff, Cliff, then suddenly Cliff from North base. Then again Cliff X5 from South spawn. *Changes server* Cliff, Cliff, Cliff, Cliff. And then finally when I thought it would never happen - Cliff, Cliff and Cliff. Oh and let's not forget to mention that I also managed to once play on Cliff North spawn as-well. From a 4 map rotation Cliff does seem to be the most popular. Ok once in 10 games I actually get a different map. The problem with Cliff is that there is no repair point. I can deal with that but it does get 'slightly' boring playing the same map 28/30 battles. Oh and I also played Cliff a few times.

Edit1: fixed a space-bar issue and remove an idle 'enter'.

Edit2: Shouldn't spelling fixed.

Edit3: One ---> Once.

Edited by guest273, 10 August 2015 - 06:01 AM.

guest273 #2 Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles
  • [DAILY] DAILY

_Panzerbesatzung_ #3 Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25936 battles

Being good at a tank game doesn't mean you can read and write.

You can easily trial and error through the tech-tree-/garage-UI until u get ur t10 tanks and playing actual matches doesn't need those abilities either :teethhappy:

Btw i have noticed your invites very regular and always pressed that right button thingy because there were some signs in the invite which are also in those tanks i don't want to play :child:

CroustibatFR #4 Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

Kind of schizophrenic, don't you think ?

You "play to win", your friends are exclusively "play to winners". Yet you want to play for fun, and ask your friends to tag along. Do you really wonder why your estimated friends don't ?

Maybe it is time you make a second account, one to "play to win" the other to play domination and the like. With different friends of course.

It is lonely at the top. Get used to it, or climb down from your high horses. Your choice.

BTW getting 70%WR means you are spending quite a lot of time on WOT, which is time you can't use on any other activity, like socializing, learning, working, sleeping, getting laid, and so on.

guest273 #5 Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles
  • [DAILY] DAILY

View PostCroustibatFR, on 10 August 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

You "play to win", your friends are exclusively "play to winners". Yet you want to play for fun, and ask your friends to tag along. 

Play 2 win = sometimes spam gold ammo on tanks with low pen but high dpm potential. Play 4 fun = don't ruin stats, get income.

Do you really wonder why your estimated friends don't ?

They actually do, but they say: "I have no X tier", "I thought we playing tier 5 platoon" or *Selects E100* - not suitable for domination.

Maybe it is time you make a second account, one to "play to win" the other to play domination and the like. With different friends of course.

Win = Fun. For me. So those can be united on 1 account. I want 'guest273' to become a legendary account with 500 battles minimum on every tank. With like minimum 200 tanks played total.

It is lonely at the top. Get used to it, or climb down from your high horses. Your choice.

Actually it's not lonely and my scores seem to be only improving.

BTW getting 70%WR means you are spending quite a lot of time on WOT, which is time you can't use on any other activity, like socializing, learning, working, sleeping, getting laid, and so on.

Yes atm I'm spending too much time playing WoT, thanks for reminding me, I will take a small brake.

Other activities - socializing...well I'm born on 3rd of July, that means I'm a 'cancer' and trust me I always have trouble talking to people. When they are not there I think about their typical reactions and make a perfect speech in my head, but when they are there I mess totally up the order words of.

Learning - it's more efficient when you have a teacher and to egt a good teacher you need money but to get money you need to know stuff so it's a magical - I'm stuck thingy.

Working - I don't wanna chop wood or cut metal and possibly die from a work injury. I want a safe office work but that needs good education. I'm waiting on 1st of September for school to start, I need to finish it. Last year incoming! :)

Sleeping - ... I have much to say here but I really wanna take a break so I won't type the legendary wall of text.

Getting laid - Too young for that. And my crush has declined like 4-5 guys in the last 7 months or so (including me). She is not quite ready for a relationship and I'm totally not gonna be that needle in the eye. Need to wait 1-2 years for that then if success I need 2-5 years of hard work before getting laid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users