T-70 Getting lucky? Or a really good tank?

T-70 russian light fun great gun

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ilickmycheese #1 Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 105 battles

Just a quick chat thread about the T-70 Russian light tank, for people who own it, have owned it, or are considering buying it. 

I have this tank because I'm grinding towards the T-34 and it's turned out to be a really nice tank to play.
The gun I'm using (VT-42) always penetrates the target I fire at and seems to surprise the enemy with it's power. 

My crew are trained to 68% in Camouflage and I use a camouflage net and Vents (can't afford to buy anything else yet but would love advice). 

These are my stats so far in the tank and I'm doing my best to stay alive by angling and making sure every shot counts.

My mate thinks the game is being soft on me because I have less than 100 battles in it, but I just think it's a really good tank. 

I got my Ace Tanker in it today and wonder why I always seem to be the only T-70 on the battlefield? 

What do you guys think of this brilliant little bruiser? 

Eokokok #2 Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18751 battles
Your winrate is pure luck since your DPB is very low, but the tank is a nice tier 3, slopped armour can be a pain for most autoloaders of the tier and gun is good enough to make people think twice about popping out to get shot.

ilickmycheese #3 Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 105 battles

View PostEokokok, on 11 August 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

Your winrate is pure luck since your DPB is very low

So what you are saying is... If I had died at the start of each match and you take my damage, spotting, assistance and general gameplay where I engage other tanks and keep them busy, out of the game. The team would still have won? 

TwoPointsOfInterest #4 Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6107 battles
That line is very easy to grind, with each tank having a small size and strong armour against auto cannons, saying that, it's not too hard to destroy in T2-3 games

lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36470 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
My sample size is even smaller, but the T-70 is brilliant, if a little dependent on the matchmaker. It holds the record for my highest number of kills per battle (10) in a cluster-f*ck on Himmelsford, outnumbered by the enemy tanks and taking them all on at once. Absolutely beastly machine. 

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33383 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

I wasn't that keen on the T-70.  Can't remember what the issue was, but I found both the T-60 and the T-80 in that line more effective.  The T-60 really excels at Tier II as it has useful armour, a tiny profile, and a gun that can easily pen anything it sees.  Might have been just my bad luck with the T-70 though.

For a Tier III Russian light, I like the T-46 best.

ilickmycheese #7 Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 105 battles

Going to play some games with it later.

I'm still a bit perturbed that it was suggested that my win rate in the tank is down to pure luck. 

I have seen the statement "You are the only constant in every game" bandied about when people complain about losing streaks, yet when I'm on a winning streak it's claimed that my influence made no difference to the outcome? 

I can occupy several enemy tanks at once and stay alive, which assists my team in the win. 

That's what I like so much about this tank. I seem to be able to make a difference. 

Gold_Firing_Noob #8 Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:49 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 21436 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

I do like the tank.. armour bounces like crazy and the gun is powerful but not great at longer engagement ranges

-GFN-

Edited by Gold_Firing_Noob, 20 August 2015 - 10:49 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33383 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Postilickmycheese, on 20 August 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Going to play some games with it later.

I'm still a bit perturbed that it was suggested that my win rate in the tank is down to pure luck. 

I have seen the statement "You are the only constant in every game" bandied about when people complain about losing streaks, yet when I'm on a winning streak it's claimed that my influence made no difference to the outcome? 

I can occupy several enemy tanks at once and stay alive, which assists my team in the win. 

That's what I like so much about this tank. I seem to be able to make a difference. 

I'm sure that you are making a difference and playing well with the T-70, I'm just puzzled that my experience of the relative effectiveness of that and the T-60 was the exact opposite of yours!

I wonder whether one thing that could be helping the T-70 at present is the very large number of BT7A's floating around in tier III games.  Do you find that the T-70 can bounce a fair number of frontal shots from those?  I've been running my Pz S35 739, Pz IV A and Pz II J a bit as dedicated BT7A killers.

ilickmycheese #10 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 105 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 20 August 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

I'm sure that you are making a difference and playing well with the T-70, I'm just puzzled that my experience of the relative effectiveness of that and the T-60 was the exact opposite of yours!

I wonder whether one thing that could be helping the T-70 at present is the very large number of BT7A's floating around in tier III games.  Do you find that the T-70 can bounce a fair number of frontal shots from those?  I've been running my Pz S35 739, Pz IV A and Pz II J a bit as dedicated BT7A killers.

No, I haven't played it since that tank came out (well, I don't remember seeing any on the field). 
I'm mostly meeting Stuarts, cruiser 3's, Hetzers and sometimes AMX 40 (nightmare), Kv-1 and Bdr? 
In the evening times, I tend to get a lot of tier 4 and 5 matches. Tier 5 matches are tough, so I try to support by tracking and stuff. 

Edited by ilickmycheese, 20 August 2015 - 11:44 AM.

BlueSnail #11 Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22081 battles
  • [KBAD] KBAD

I love my T-70.  I like to hunt Pz.II J's with it.  Also, I have a female crew in it.

The main thing it to keep your frontal armor facing the enemy.  If you get flanked, you will likely die.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users