Which Line (Hellcat/Jackson)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MorderNo #1 Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 900 battles
Hi Guys ! 

I'm a new player and i wanted to know what pick after Wolverine ? Go to Jackson and E3 in TX or or Hellcat and E4 ?
Thx :) 

armholeeio #2 Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18235 battles
You need to do both really as if you go to the t28 proto via hellkittys it is stuck with a low pen pea shooter if you go via the Jackson it unlocks a decent gun with punch.

ARES_IV #3 Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15621 battles

Hmm, depends on what you want:

Tier 6: Hellcat is better than Jackson by a mile

Tier 7: T25 AT is better than T25/2

Tier 8: Both tanks are not particularly good. The T28 prototype has a turret which helps with the slow speed and the subpar agility. The T28 does not have a turret, however its frontal armor is better. Both are not that good, but the grind is doable.

Tier 9: The T30 is basically a heavy with a TD gun. It has a fully rotating turret that is almost invulnerable when hulldown. The T95 is the slowest tank in the game (13 kph) and the agility of a stranded whale. Yet is has 305mm of frontal armor that are capable of bouncing most guns in the game and tiny weakspots. It is one of the few tanks that has frontal armor that - in areas - is gold ammo proof.

Tier 10: The E5 is widely not considered to be particularly good. The E3 on the other hand is a monster.

Make sure to also check out the wiki: It is not always entirely accurate, but in general you will get the idea. 

http://wiki.wargamin.../World_of_Tanks

lord_chipmonk #4 Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36526 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostARES_IV, on 27 September 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

Tier 6: Hellcat is better than Jackson by a mile

Haven't played all of the others, but I think this needs correcting a little. It used to be true certainly, but following the Hellcat's nerfs, I would say the two tanks are comparable. Personally, I actually preferred (and kept) the Jackson. 

Also, when you're talking about the tier 10s, I assume you mean the E4 as opposed to the E5. 

armholeeio #5 Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18235 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 28 September 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Personally, I actually preferred (and kept) the Jackson.

Amen brother praise be the Jackson 

ARES_IV #6 Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15621 battles

The problem with the jackson is that it looses tremendously in terms of speed and agility. It also has a MUCH worse camo rating.

And all it gets for this is some minor DPM advantage and some subpar armor that will be penetrated with ease by almost anything you can face.

KolobanovUSSR #7 Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1012 battles
The 90mm gun is a joke. Won't pen tanks like KV-1 at flat armor. Just unbelievable. Wolverine is much better, so is Hellcat.

isaneng #8 Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19333 battles

I've only played up to tier 8 with the Prot, but for what it's worth...

Hellcat v Jackson. Using Tanks GG figures.

Hellcat is fast, agreed. But it turns like a boat.. And whilst its top speed is great, the initial acceleration is not that impressive. People often use it to rush into trouble, forgetting that the slow TD turret traverse means this is not a close-in machine. So, speed is good, if used sensibly, and can save games particularly in the latter stages.  

Jackson has better gun handling. Its dispersion values are better - if you role up to a ridge and peek, it will aim quicker than the kitty due to the smaller aiming circle. It also has better dispersion on the move - but neither are really for firing on the move... It has a 5% (approx) better DPM. Overall I find the gun handling noticeably better than the Hellcat. Ares, I see no difference in Cammo values.  

Jackson has better armour - on paper. The real world difference is negligible apart from the odd miracle bounce. It has better ground resistance figures, but the Hellcat's better power negates this.

Personally, I prefer the Jackson for the gun handling, and my win rate in both reflects this.

T25/2 v T25 AT

Chalk and cheese. Now the following is purely subjective, not based on numbers.

The T25/2 gets a bad press - people concentrate on the loss of speed after the Hellcat, and that's a fair point. But it has far better dispersion values and is plenty fast enough. The minor increase in pen is disappointing, but the gun is still good - in many ways this is better played as a second line medium than as a pure TD.

T25 AT. Gotta love the gun. And the armour is not bad if you are are using the depression. But fixed casement TDs are out of fashion, the days of camping are gone, and in a far more mobile battlefield you either need a turret or better armour than this thing has.

For me, T25/2 wins in the real world.

T28 Prot v T28.

Ok, this is where I shut up.

Played the T28 Prot, hated it for being too slow in the current meta and quickly sold it (just 22 games, there was no 'fun' factor).

T28 - Combine no turret and slow, and there is no way even my mother could make me play that thing. 

Tier 9 and 10 - observational only, but agree with Ares on these.

Overall I go turreted to tier 9, but E3 at Tier 10.

Damn, WG got you there buddy.................

:)

Carantanien #9 Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

Jackson 67% win rate solo, i loved to play it. Dunno about kitty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users