Interview: What was it like to stream live from gamescom?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:24 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
This year we invited QuickyBaby, gRuMM3L and MaDnezZ to report live from Cologne, find out how they fared in this on-the-spot interview.

Full news text

XrN1 #2 Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14337 battles
  • [NRC] NRC

What was it like to stream live from gamescom?

We hope you caught the livestreams from gamescom 2015 – we’d love to hear what you thought about this new way of keeping up with the action!

It is a terrible way. I didn't watch a lot, because when I did it looked like one of the regular streams, I even loaded up a VOD afterwards and scrubbed through it to see if I missed anything, but no. Just streamers playing tanks as usual except they are receiving more donations and subscribers. Barely saw anything Gamescom except that it's in the background, and sometimes a camera would be pointed towards the stage showing some blurry figures moving around. 

If the intention was to give a few streamers the spotlight and reward them for their ... streaming, then yes, it was excellent. They seemed to have a great time and were greatly rewarded with viewers, subs and donations.  However it doesn't benefit any of the other many streamers in any way nor did the viewers get any good coverage or impression of Gamescom. 

XrN1, on 09 August 2015 - 01:45 PM, said

There was no Gamescom coverage, just QB playing tanks and getting loads of viewers, subscribers and donations. That's not his fault, he's doing what he always does, a lot of people like that, but that's not covering Gamescom. 

If you compare how this event is covered to how WG NA covers their events, it's a totally different world. They have videos, interviews, presentations, games (on stage), small documentaries, TONS of prizes. The viewers actually get a taste of how it is to be there and they have a good chance of winning something by watching the stream.

These events should be to get people excited, excited to play the game, for streamers (all, not just one) to get exited to stream, instead all we got is an advertisement for QB's channel. 

Edited by XrN1, 16 August 2015 - 01:32 PM.

PoIestar #3 Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30778 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Amen to ^, apart from the background and two new tanks it was just a regular QB stream. Nothing special.

Ph3lan #4 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18177 battles
Thanks for the feedback guys, we will try to take it into consideration next year. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users