Jump to content


New Global Map - General Feedback


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Fynnegun #1 Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12676 battles
  • 1,358
  • Member since:
    10-27-2010
Hello!

 

Welcome to the General Feedback Thread. Here you can forward us all the feedback regarding the New Global Map.

 

Cheers,

 

Decept1on



KKtwenty #2 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9905 battles
  • 738
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013
did the 19:00 UTC (20:00 GMT) prime time make it into the final launch?

FireflyDivision #3 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23779 battles
  • 3,792
  • [L-REM] L-REM
  • Member since:
    04-18-2011

View PostKKtwenty, on 19 August 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

did the 19:00 UTC (20:00 GMT) prime time make it into the final launch?

 

Yes, it's in the far west, for example here: https://eu.wargaming.net/globalmap/?utm_campaign=wot-portal&utm_medium=link&utm_source=main-menu#province/floro

 

It's a nice addition which enables more players to play CWs.


Edited by FireflyDivision, 19 August 2015 - 04:27 PM.


KKtwenty #4 Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9905 battles
  • 738
  • [FLOG] FLOG
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013
Excellent thanks.

panibrido #5 Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 47538 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    11-28-2012
.

Edited by panibrido, 01 October 2015 - 09:28 AM.


Etnox #6 Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 29434 battles
  • 254
  • [TR0II] TR0II
  • Member since:
    12-22-2011

View PostFireflyDivision, on 19 August 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

 

Yes, it's in the far west, for example here: https://eu.wargaming.net/globalmap/?utm_campaign=wot-portal&utm_medium=link&utm_source=main-menu#province/floro

 

It's a nice addition which enables more players to play CWs.

 

How can it be an addition which enables more player to play CW, when it is half an hour before the time a lot of players used to play their majority of CW battles?

PinkyDK #7 Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 42608 battles
  • 550
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    02-11-2011

View PostEtnox, on 20 August 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

How can it be an addition which enables more player to play CW, when it is half an hour before the time a lot of players used to play their majority of CW battles?

 

Actually the landing zones from the new timezone starts 30 minutes later than during the latest timezone on the old global map.

 

However having most battles fought out within the first 15 minutes of the prime timezone puts way more pressure on clans to have multiple teams online and gives the cw players much less participation compared to earlier. I am sure the development team has limitations to get the most stability out of the servers, however I would believe it possible to spread out battles just a little bit longer with little consequence to servers or gameplay while making the organization of battles less chaotic and frustrating. 

Perhaps it's enough to re-schedule some battletypes to be fought at timezone +15 minutes, but I'd really consider adding in encounter battles. It doesn't matter much for tier 6 and 6 where you only need 7 and 10 players pr team, but for tier 10 it's sometimes problematic for the average clan to field more than 1 team and few of the very good clans field more than 2 on a regular basis.

 
Here is a comparison that might demonstrate why the new system stinks for getting players organized for Clan Wars on tier 10.
 
Imagine having a 90 man clan sitting on 2 standard provinces. You want to attack one of your neighbour provinces and your neighbour wants to attack you. At the same time a 3rd clan attacks your 2nd province directly or from an auction.
You then have 3 battles scheduled to fight at the exact same time... Not fighting 2 of the battles will result in losing a province. Not fighting the assault will bring you to the same situation next day.
In tier 6 you will need 14-21 players (16-23% of the clan participating)
In tier 8 you will need 20-30 players (22-33% of the clan participating)
In tier 10 you will need 30-45 players (33-50% of the clan participating)
 
Having even 33% of you clan participating in Clan Wars every day is very impressive for most clans but considering most people have jobs, kids and social life even this number will often drive people tired if continued for longer periods. I would not expect clans to put up more than 20% of their players every day and I hope WG will try to arrange the battle schedule so normal clans can organize themself to defend 2 provinces and attack a 3rd without breaking the backs of their players.
 
Allowing clans to spread out their cw schedule is super important and I wonder if this is the reason I see many very experienced clans fighting on tier 8 instead of tier 10 where I know they can handle themself. Being able to put up 3-4 teams and having an easier time for almost the same amount of gold seems way more attractive than struggling at tier 10.
 
PinkyDK
 


pbanks3568 #8 Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 37829 battles
  • 84
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

All,


I would also like to see some form of moderation take place to stop the global map rigging you could argue was present during the BETA test.  We already see a top clan taking 20 provinces at Tier 8 and other top 20 clans carving up the map with no upper limit reached.  I would hope that if there is lack of attack and defence by these clans or territory swaps with technical victories this will be addressed, this is a war game not a farming game.

 

pbanks3568

EAB2



RaeudigerRonny #9 Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26100 battles
  • 4,744
  • Member since:
    09-04-2013

Why do Stronghold Attacks dont generate any Influence? It makes no sense, that Skirmishes are your main income of Influence, whereas SH Attacks dont gain anything towards the CW 2.0-Ressources. Could you please fix this? 

 

At the moment many clans have stopped completely with the battles for Strongholds at Prime Times, because they play Skirmishes solely for Influence purposes. Adding Influence to SH Attacks would at least give you a nice reward for those battles aswell. You could also think for Influence rewards for the looser of the battles to make their losses of boxes less hurtful.



H4NI #10 Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 41257 battles
  • 2,516
  • Member since:
    10-30-2012

View Postpbanks3568, on 23 August 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

All,


I would also like to see some form of moderation take place to stop the global map rigging you could argue was present during the BETA test.  We already see a top clan taking 20 provinces at Tier 8 and other top 20 clans carving up the map with no upper limit reached.  I would hope that if there is lack of attack and defence by these clans or territory swaps with technical victories this will be addressed, this is a war game not a farming game.

 

pbanks3568

EAB2

 

Let me get this straight...

 

First you (well not you presonally) whine about the old map, top clans  bla bla... Then you get new map which is f***ing huge, and honestly, clans that now can't land on the map don't deserve any gold. With new map you also get the opportunity to land on whatever province you want,  yet you still whine. So basically WG should handicap good ones because you are incompetent to figure out solution to a certain problem. If clan has 20 provinces, what do you think,  how many territories can they defend? 



PinkyDK #11 Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 42608 battles
  • 550
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    02-11-2011

The new map is super nice, however the map is not very huge as long the very best clans absorb bigger areas than before without fighting eachother...

 

The map has a lot of potential but gold farming top clans are counterproductive to the concept of allowing smaller and more inexperienced clans to participate and have fun. Currently with 3 times more provinces it looks way more difficult to get settled on the global map. The problem is not so much the unlimited amount of provinces a clan can hold, but more about top clans not fighting eachother and not fighting in the top tier where they belong.

 

I would definitely suggest adjusting gold rewards between tier 8 and 10. But most of all I really believe a "corruption factor" would help making tier 10 more attractive for the really good clans. Losing an increasing % of gold the more provinces you have means clans can still get as many clans they want but economically they will in the end benefit a lot from moving up into a stronger league.

 

Suggestion in numbers (x = the number of provinces):

 

5% reduction pr province after the first : Gold factor = 0,95^(x-1)

1 province á 240 gold : 1 x 240 x 1 = 240

2 provinces á 240 gold : 2 x 240 x 0,95 = 456 (same as 1,9 provinces currently)

5 provinces á 240 gold : 5 x 240 x 0,81 = 972 (same as 4,05 provinces currently)

10 provinces á 240 gold : 10 x 240 x 0,63 = 1.512 (same as 6,3 provinces currently)

 

Basically it will punish hoarding up lots of provinces, but clans can still do it with diminishing returns. If possible without complicated coding it's even possible to implement with different percentages pr tier...

The point being if it's not economically beneficial to have more than 4-5 provinces at tier 6 or 8 the stronger clans will either give up more space for other clans to get into or move into higher tiers...

 

Now we just need the difference between tier 8 and tier 10 to be worth it, and make sure the map actually have enough space for the big clans so they wont feel pushed down...



PinkyDK #12 Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 42608 battles
  • 550
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    02-11-2011

Does any of you have more factors you believe influence where top clans settle down?

 

I believe following factors are important for experienced and established clans with good players :

- Amount of gold available as a reward

- Strength of competitors

- Ease of organisation

- - how many battles can you fight at the same time

- - how many players does it take to create a team

- - How much do you have to plan for tank freezing

- Amount of space available for expansion

- Cost of influence to buy and maintain divisions



pmakins #13 Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 46063 battles
  • 454
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    10-17-2010

View PostPinkyDK, on 24 August 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

The new map is super nice, however the map is not very huge as long the very best clans absorb bigger areas than before without fighting eachother...

 

The map has a lot of potential but gold farming top clans are counterproductive to the concept of allowing smaller and more inexperienced clans to participate and have fun. Currently with 3 times more provinces it looks way more difficult to get settled on the global map. The problem is not so much the unlimited amount of provinces a clan can hold, but more about top clans not fighting eachother and not fighting in the top tier where they belong.

 

I would definitely suggest adjusting gold rewards between tier 8 and 10. But most of all I really believe a "corruption factor" would help making tier 10 more attractive for the really good clans. Losing an increasing % of gold the more provinces you have means clans can still get as many clans they want but economically they will in the end benefit a lot from moving up into a stronger league.

 

Suggestion in numbers (x = the number of provinces):

 

5% reduction pr province after the first : Gold factor = 0,95^(x-1)

1 province á 240 gold : 1 x 240 x 1 = 240

2 provinces á 240 gold : 2 x 240 x 0,95 = 456 (same as 1,9 provinces currently)

5 provinces á 240 gold : 5 x 240 x 0,81 = 972 (same as 4,05 provinces currently)

10 provinces á 240 gold : 10 x 240 x 0,63 = 1.512 (same as 6,3 provinces currently)

 

Basically it will punish hoarding up lots of provinces, but clans can still do it with diminishing returns. If possible without complicated coding it's even possible to implement with different percentages pr tier...

The point being if it's not economically beneficial to have more than 4-5 provinces at tier 6 or 8 the stronger clans will either give up more space for other clans to get into or move into higher tiers...

 

Now we just need the difference between tier 8 and tier 10 to be worth it, and make sure the map actually have enough space for the big clans so they wont feel pushed down...

So you are telling me that for earning 10 provinces I get 6? So i fight for 10 days and I get rewarded for 5? (I understand that is just an example, but anything that is decreasing my work is bad)
This is a competitive game mode, you don't  win by being incompetetive and inexperienced in the world basketball championship now don't you? 
You train hard, you study mechanics, you watch 1000 of hours of youtube material from top clans giving you tactics to learn, use that, and one day you will be competitive enough to challenge someone bigger and stronger than you. 
There are a couple of things WG should consider: 
1. Buff the amount of influence you get by defeating a clan (now you get about 240 in tier 10 which is 2 wins in tier 10 sh) and after that make a bonus for a weaker clan of lets say 50% (all the numbers are subject of changes)
2. Increase the amount of influence you need to bid for a province and if you lose the auction you get 80% back, so big clans dont get attacked on every province and weak clans actually have the need to think where they can go, because if they land on a big clan, they lose a lot of influence and get kicked from the map in maximum 2 days, thus ruining big clans and ruining weak clans...

3. WG has increased the amount of influence you need for tier 10 province to about 28k. How many clans will be willing to spend 28k influence just to get attacked by 6 clans at the same time and lose the money and time? IT will be far more usefull to a clan to just take 2 more provinces and increase them to tier 5, it will have the same effect as you get only 120 gold per level on each level! Either decrease the amount of influence you need for upgrading, or i ncrease the % you get for each new level and not keep it static to 120 gold. What this will do is encourage big clans to hold few territories but upgrade them to tier 10 thus leaving more room for "weaker" clans to mantain themselves.

4. The amount of provinces you get attacked at the same time by bidding shouldn't be more than 2 per timezone. So if a clan that holds 8 territories i n 2 timezones still risks losing 4 by invisible enemies but at least he will fight for it and encourage the "dynamic" gameplay.

 

There are more ideas I've seen on the forums, once I find them, ill write them here..



Evil_Mungo #14 Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • 3,332
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012

Why are people always saying that the top clans don't fight?  I just checked and the top clan at tier VI has fought a grand total of 17 battles, while the top clans in tier X have fought almost 100 fights and the top earning clan at tier VIII closing on 200!

 

It is absolutely not true that the top clans aren't fighting - this information is easily obtainable and just reeks of jealousy on the part of clans that don't want to try harder.

 



Gnomus #15 Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34484 battles
  • 2,029
  • [ASEET] ASEET
  • Member since:
    02-12-2011

View Postpmakins, on 25 August 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

So you are telling me that for earning 10 provinces I get 6? So i fight for 10 days and I get rewarded for 5? (I understand that is just an example, but anything that is decreasing my work is bad)
This is a competitive game mode, you don't  win by being incompetetive and inexperienced in the world basketball championship now don't you? 
You train hard, you study mechanics, you watch 1000 of hours of youtube material from top clans giving you tactics to learn, use that, and one day you will be competitive enough to challenge someone bigger and stronger than you. 
There are a couple of things WG should consider: 
1. Buff the amount of influence you get by defeating a clan (now you get about 240 in tier 10 which is 2 wins in tier 10 sh) and after that make a bonus for a weaker clan of lets say 50% (all the numbers are subject of changes)
2. Increase the amount of influence you need to bid for a province and if you lose the auction you get 80% back, so big clans dont get attacked on every province and weak clans actually have the need to think where they can go, because if they land on a big clan, they lose a lot of influence and get kicked from the map in maximum 2 days, thus ruining big clans and ruining weak clans...

3. WG has increased the amount of influence you need for tier 10 province to about 28k. How many clans will be willing to spend 28k influence just to get attacked by 6 clans at the same time and lose the money and time? IT will be far more usefull to a clan to just take 2 more provinces and increase them to tier 5, it will have the same effect as you get only 120 gold per level on each level! Either decrease the amount of influence you need for upgrading, or i ncrease the % you get for each new level and not keep it static to 120 gold. What this will do is encourage big clans to hold few territories but upgrade them to tier 10 thus leaving more room for "weaker" clans to mantain themselves.

4. The amount of provinces you get attacked at the same time by bidding shouldn't be more than 2 per timezone. So if a clan that holds 8 territories i n 2 timezones still risks losing 4 by invisible enemies but at least he will fight for it and encourage the "dynamic" gameplay.

 

There are more ideas I've seen on the forums, once I find them, ill write them here..

 

First you berate Pinky for asking artificial limitations for good clans holding power because everyone should get what they earn, not any gifts from WG making their life easier.

 

Then on points 2. and 4. you are deliberately asking WG to limit bad clans ability to affect good clans and make artificial barriers to protect your gold farm. Doesn't compute. If you can't handle several attacks from lower clans then clearly you are having too much area under your possession. Only keep what you can hold. No freebies from WG, right?



PinkyDK #16 Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 42608 battles
  • 550
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    02-11-2011

View Postpmakins, on 25 August 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

So you are telling me that for earning 10 provinces I get 6?

Yes - you are correct...

 

with limited amount of provinces it's a good mechanic to make sure clans focus more on upgrading a small area of provinces,

instead of expanding hard while pushing out weaker clans which WG would like to make room for...



Rockas01 #17 Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 25492 battles
  • 442
  • [DIRE] DIRE
  • Member since:
    12-02-2011
It is all on the strategy u as a clan will have, upgrading provinces and keeping it small and easy to defend. or go global and do as much attacks as possible to expand. Eevery clan has other strong points. activity and lack of influence can hold u from upgrading them all and attack at same time. Some clans are just very good. thats why there is a rating to see who is the best.

Dragokar #18 Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:12 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37941 battles
  • 2,677
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
Do you plan to remove province map from the new global map after u kicked it ingame?

Fynnegun #19 Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12676 battles
  • 1,358
  • Member since:
    10-27-2010

View PostDragokar, on 03 September 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

Do you plan to remove province map from the new global map after u kicked it ingame?

 

Will check.

Dragokar #20 Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:55 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 37941 battles
  • 2,677
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostDecept1on, on 04 September 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

 

Will check.

 

Thanks.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users