Jump to content


Do you expect a reply from the Author of a thread?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Expected Interaction Levels with the OP of the OP - Choose ALL that apply to yourself (63 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you expect the OP to have some level of involvement in the subsequent conversation?

  1. I find it strange/rude when they don't (20 votes [19.80%])

    Percentage of vote: 19.80%

  2. I think it depends on the subject matter (24 votes [23.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 23.76%

  3. I like for OP's to respond to me when I address them directly (15 votes [14.85%])

    Percentage of vote: 14.85%

  4. I like for OP's to respond to me when I question them directly (17 votes [16.83%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.83%

  5. I feel special when an OP addresses me directly (4 votes [3.96%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.96%

  6. I feel ignored when the OP doesn't address me directly (1 vote [0.99%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.99%

  7. If I feel ignored in a thread by the OP, then I am less likely to involve myself in his/her subsequent threads (2 votes [1.98%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.98%

  8. I don't care either way (18 votes [17.82%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.82%

Vote Hide poll

CircleOfSorrow #1 Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

This is just a really boring question, but I wanna know what is expected for the future.  When I start a thread I like to kick the convo off and watch as it evolves with the participant.  I rarely involve myself in the thread again, because I enjoy reading what others think.  Do you guys expect or enjoy the participation of the OP?

 

Thanks,

 

Circle



Chevayo #2 Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9569 battles
  • 1,619
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

That would really depend on the thread i guess. In a civilized discussion we would kinda expect a dialog. Then again the term "civilized" can only be applied to a minority of what is happening on the Internets. With the prevalent rant/whine/tinfoil topics, there is no need (nor the desire) to read any more of what the OP has to say.



Jigabachi #3 Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,371
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

It really annoys me a lot if a OP doesn't bother to come back to his thread, but in most cases you can reliably tell if he/she/it will or won't come back, so you can adjust the amount of effort to put into writing a reply.

And no, I don't expect anyone to reply to my posts. Except if I'm really serious about the topic and if I really put a lot of effort into writing and stuff... but... that does rarely happen these days.



Feinel #4 Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24283 battles
  • 928
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011
Opening a thread is like having a baby, lots of responsibilities, hence why I haven't started one yet, I think.

Funny_Farmer #5 Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10782 battles
  • 779
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Deleted sorry wrong topic

Edited by Funny_Farmer, 19 August 2015 - 03:49 PM.


lord_chipmonk #6 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34108 battles
  • 10,257
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
Depends on the thread, but if the OP is silent in a thread of their own creation, I generally find that a little weird. If they were not interested, why make the thread in the first place?

Joggaman #7 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24217 battles
  • 6,410
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
I bet you're not gonna answer this thread, you basterd troll!!1:trollface:

Salsify #8 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9480 battles
  • 575
  • Member since:
    12-05-2013
It depends on the thread but I'd say because this is a forum and not a blog I would expect the op to participate even if he doesn't respond to every post

lord_chipmonk #9 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34108 battles
  • 10,257
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostJoggaman, on 19 August 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I bet you're not gonna answer this thread, you basterd troll!!1:trollface:

 

Hey, Circle would never do that do us...

...

...

oh snap



Obsessive_Compulsive #10 Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 26561 battles
  • 8,048
  • [ADUK] ADUK
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

When I make a thread I am writing the law. All those who do not agree with the law are punishable by death or bongo ( google it if your not sure) and thus when I create a thread I am watching and waiting for law breakers to rear thier vile, rat eating little heads so I can dispense justice.

 

When anyone else creates a thread I expect them to read my response and to then accept in writing the law I have written! or its bongo..

why is there no option in your thread for Bongo?

 

Law: all future polls on the forum will contain Death and bongo as options. Punishment for non compliance is death or bongo!



spuriousmonkey #11 Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 44631 battles
  • 3,351
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

Since the starter of the topic doesn't own the topic I do not expect an answer.

 

 



sabresteel #12 Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15611 battles
  • 1,255
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

Not much of a Circle if you don't :)

 

To be honest on this forum you can fire and forget on a thread and rest happily in the knowledge that a Dinger is only one or two posts away... we should probably get the new post button renamed to "release the Dingers" :) and to be honest its probably better you keep us occupied on here as we only cause tears on the battlefield with our gold spamming tictacs :)



Feinel #13 Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24283 battles
  • 928
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View Postsabresteel, on 19 August 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

Not much of a Circle if you don't :)

 

To be honest on this forum you can fire and forget on a thread and rest happily in the knowledge that a Dinger is only one or two posts away... we should probably get the new post button renamed to "release the Dingers" :) and to be honest its probably better you keep us occupied on here as we only cause tears on the battlefield with our gold spamming tictacs :)

 

What do you do with the green tic tacs? I don't think they are sold separately.

 

Spoiler

 



SuedKAT #14 Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,569
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
Kinda depends on the thread, but usually a thread is there to ask something, or at least whine about something so some kind of reply or F U response usually is rather natural, but not obligatory.

CircleOfSorrow #15 Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostCartoonVillain, on 19 August 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

The OP is merely a vessel for the propagation of knowledge and lulz among the forumites. We each fulfill the role of OP in turn and the OP flows through us and among us. The OP is life.

 

View PostChevayo, on 19 August 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

That would really depend on the thread i guess. In a civilized discussion we would kinda expect a dialog. Then again the term "civilized" can only be applied to a minority of what is happening on the Internets. With the prevalent rant/whine/tinfoil topics, there is no need (nor the desire) to read any more of what the OP has to say.

 

View PostJigabachi, on 19 August 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

It really annoys me a lot if a OP doesn't bother to come back to his thread, but in most cases you can reliably tell if he/she/it will or won't come back, so you can adjust the amount of effort to put into writing a reply.

And no, I don't expect anyone to reply to my posts. Except if I'm really serious about the topic and if I really put a lot of effort into writing and stuff... but... that does rarely happen these days.

 

View PostFeinel, on 19 August 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Opening a thread is like having a baby, lots of responsibilities, hence why I haven't started one yet, I think.

 

View PostFunny_Farmer, on 19 August 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

Deleted sorry wrong topic

 

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 19 August 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Depends on the thread, but if the OP is silent in a thread of their own creation, I generally find that a little weird. If they were not interested, why make the thread in the first place?

 

View PostJoggaman, on 19 August 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

I bet you're not gonna answer this thread, you basterd troll!!1:trollface:

 

View PostSalsify, on 19 August 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

It depends on the thread but I'd say because this is a forum and not a blog I would expect the op to participate even if he doesn't respond to every post

 

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 19 August 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

 

Hey, Circle would never do that do us...

...

...

oh snap

 

View PostLow_Lister, on 19 August 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

When I make a thread I am writing the law. All those who do not agree with the law are punishable by death or bongo ( google it if your not sure) and thus when I create a thread I am watching and waiting for law breakers to rear thier vile, rat eating little heads so I can dispense justice.

 

When anyone else creates a thread I expect them to read my response and to then accept in writing the law I have written! or its bongo..

why is there no option in your thread for Bongo?

 

Law: all future polls on the forum will contain Death and bongo as options. Punishment for non compliance is death or bongo!

 

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 19 August 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

Since the starter of the topic doesn't own the topic I do not expect an answer.

 

 

 

View Postsabresteel, on 19 August 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Not much of a Circle if you don't :)

 

To be honest on this forum you can fire and forget on a thread and rest happily in the knowledge that a Dinger is only one or two posts away... we should probably get the new post button renamed to "release the Dingers" :) and to be honest its probably better you keep us occupied on here as we only cause tears on the battlefield with our gold spamming tictacs :)

 

View PostFeinel, on 19 August 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

 

What do you do with the green tic tacs? I don't think they are sold separately.

 

Spoiler

 

 

View PostSuedKAT, on 19 August 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

Kinda depends on the thread, but usually a thread is there to ask something, or at least whine about something so some kind of reply or F U response usually is rather natural, but not obligatory.

 

Thank you to all that contributed to this thread, even if you got lost and didn't intend to.  It seems that most people expect the author of a thread to interact with posters in some form throughout the discussion.

 

Hi.



Baldrickk #16 Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30307 battles
  • 14,515
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 19 August 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you to all that contributed to this thread, even if you got lost and didn't intend to.  It seems that most people expect the author of a thread to interact with posters in some form throughout the discussion.

 

Hi.

Priceless.

 

Personally, I think the OP should at least take an interest in a thread they start.

I don't always expect them to post, unless someone writes a post aimed at them, in which case, I consider it considerate, OP or not, to reply to.



cotne22 #17 Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3808 battles
  • 186
  • [VIKNG] VIKNG
  • Member since:
    04-20-2013
gonna vote for all because i can

Lol_N00b #18 Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 8561 battles
  • 3,077
  • [BL33T] BL33T
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014

First presenting your opinion about any matter and then bailing out is kind of cowardly if you ask me. It is not discussion. It takes no skill nor much or courage to speak out your mind, staying and defending your point is what makes the difference.

 

Also shutting your years and just re-iterating your view no matter how much it receives critique isn't a thing I value very much. The ability to accept other's differing point of view and trying to work for common understanding is a merit in my books.


Edited by Lol_N00b, 19 August 2015 - 09:56 PM.


CircleOfSorrow #19 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:31 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 19 August 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Depends on the thread, but if the OP is silent in a thread of their own creation, I generally find that a little weird. If they were not interested, why make the thread in the first place?

 

Why are you wasting time gas-bagging on the forum?  You should be busy making content for your YT channel.  What version replays are you up to?  9.7?  The youth just don't have a decent work ethic these days :unsure:



CircleOfSorrow #20 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostLow_Lister, on 19 August 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

When I make a thread I am writing the law. All those who do not agree with the law are punishable by death or bongo ( google it if your not sure) and thus when I create a thread I am watching and waiting for law breakers to rear thier vile, rat eating little heads so I can dispense justice.

 

When anyone else creates a thread I expect them to read my response and to then accept in writing the law I have written! or its bongo..

why is there no option in your thread for Bongo?

 

Law: all future polls on the forum will contain Death and bongo as options. Punishment for non compliance is death or bongo!

 

Is this the joke about the two Brits captured by natives who offer a choice in fate between death and bongo?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users