Do you like arty in its current state?

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like arty in its current state? (316 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like arty in its current state?

1. Yes (95 votes [30.06%])

Percentage of vote: 30.06%

2. No (221 votes [69.94%])

Percentage of vote: 69.94%

Vote Hide poll

1stWarlord #1 Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24965 battles

!!! THIS IS NOT A RANT POST; ITS JUST MY CURIOSITY!!!

Exactly as the title says. Now before  posting hate comments ,I'll explain why this is for unicums only.
Unicums  ( the good players of this game ) use TACTICS ; They play for MAP CONTROL ; Controlling key positions is the way to victory. Are most of these positions arty safe? Nope. Not at all.
The best example is Malinovka. You are in your Centurion 7/1 as a top tier tank ,the game has 3 arties  in both teams. The "key position" on this map is the hill. Is the hill arty safe? Nope. You can still take your chances ( its like playing the lottery) and do the right thing & try to get that hill to increase your team's chances of victory ,or you can hide behind a rock ( or behind the church if you spawn on the other side) and do NOTHING the entire game as a top tier tank. Either way you get punished. If you hide behind the rock you lose because you do 0 damage in a top tier tank ; If you go to the hill & try to fight it out you die by arty and the fate of the match is gonna be in the hands of your teammates; nothing more you can do from now on to influence the outcome of this battle.

A few days ago , I had this game in the M103 on malinovka. Was top tier ,went to the hill . 3 minutes into the game ,enemy  arty says something like " xvm focus ,incoming in 3 2 1 " . I got hit for like 900 then i spent the rest of the match behind some rocks on the hill. Now ,did anyone else got hit by arty in that match? Nope.
So ,I'm curious if I'm the only one who hates arty that much...

EDIT:Arty will stay in the game, however ,if you could ,how would you change it? And if  not ,why?

EDIT: I can find the replay if you really want it. http://wotreplays.co...06c723234945f8f

Edited by 1stWarlord, 21 August 2015 - 09:50 AM.

SilentFear #2 Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25676 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Yeah if you ask me - remove the poll or the "red brigade" that is mostly the guys playing clickers will spam it.

Just ask unicums and super unicums to vote via post in the topic.

Weaponise #3 Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7090 battles

*not a unicum*

*votes*

I like to live dangerously

1stWarlord #4 Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24965 battles
As long as  you vote NO i dont care Kappa. Im pretty sure there is no unicum that is "fine" with arty in its current form.

Edited by 1stWarlord, 20 August 2015 - 08:54 PM.

kaceytron_twitchTV #5 Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31888 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostWeaponise, on 20 August 2015 - 09:53 PM, said:

*not a unicum*

*votes*

I like to live dangerously

I did the same. I feel so cool now that I broke the rules.

SilentFear #6 Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25676 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Well considering that unicums are what .5% of the players base and the clicker tomatoes are something like 90% - then you should care lol.

Schepel #7 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63658 battles

View Post1stWarlord, on 20 August 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

!!! THIS IS NOT A RANT POST; ITS JUST MY CURIOSITY!!!

Exactly as the title says. Now before  posting hate comments ,I'll explain why this is for unicums only.
Unicums  ( the good players of this game ) use TACTICS ; They play for MAP CONTROL ; Controlling key positions is the way to victory. Are most of these positions arty safe? Nope. Not at all.
The best example is Malinovka. You are in your Centurion 7/1 as a top tier tank ,the game has 3 arties  in both teams. The "key position" on this map is the hill. Is the hill arty safe? Nope. You can still take your chances ( its like playing the lottery) and do the right thing & try to get that hill to increase your team's chances of victory ,or you can hide behind a rock ( or behind the church if you spawn on the other side) and do NOTHING the entire game as a top tier tank. Either way you get punished. If you hide behind the rock you lose because you do 0 damage in a top tier tank ; If you go to the hill & try to fight it out you die by arty and the fate of the match is gonna be in the hands of your teammates; nothing more you can do from now on to influence the outcome of this battle.

A few days ago , I had this game in the M103 on malinovka. Was top tier ,went to the hill . 3 minutes into the game ,enemy  arty says something like " xvm focus ,incoming in 3 2 1 " . I got hit for like 900 then i spent the rest of the match behind some rocks on the hill. Now ,did anyone else got hit by arty in that match? Nope.
So ,I'm curious if I'm the only one who hates arty that much...

EDIT: I can find the replay if you really want it. http://wotreplays.co...06c723234945f8f

Don't flatter your purple stats, it is not just unicums doing so, it just so happens they are better at it. In fact, tactics is not about going to the one spot you know to work (without arty), it is about solving the puzzle of the combination of a certain map and the set ups of both teams. So if you have 3 arty making that one spot unhealthy, what do you do? Do you go to the forum to cry about a set feature of the game? Of course not. You go out and win the game.

Shizuthink #8 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36497 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
Voted :P

CroPanzer #9 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19830 battles
  • [CARAS] CARAS
Non unicums, vote! :D

1stWarlord #10 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24965 battles

View PostSchepel, on 20 August 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

Don't flatter your purple stats, it is not just unicums doing so, it just so happens they are better at it. In fact, tactics is not about going to the one spot you know to work (without arty), it is about solving the puzzle of the combination of a certain map and the set ups of both teams. So if you have 3 arty making that one spot unhealthy, what do you do? Do you go to the forum to cry about a set feature of the game? Of course not. You go out and win the game.

I'm giving Malinovka as an example again. You can be creative and push the other flank by the water ;but again you'll get obliterated. You can push by the lake  ( it only works from the south spawn) ,but that position is not as good as it used to be. Basically to survive  you either have to stay unspotted for the whole game ( you can do that but i doubt you'll win ) ,or you could hide behind a rock and do nothing. Basically every tactical area on that map can be and will be covered by arty. So ,if you can come with a better idea I'm willing to listen.

Strange_Neighbour #11 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 2617 battles
I only play arty to troll. I don't play arty to win. If I want to win, I play mediums, heavies, or lights. Never arty.

CHR1S_PL #12 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57309 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
Sadly, the game is not made for unicums. You don't need a poll to know that unicums hate arty, or that it makes the game worse for them, etc, etc, but it doesn't matter to wargaming, because 0.1% of the playerbase aren't gonna be the ones paying for Serb's moonbase :/

cotne22 #13 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3808 battles
  • [VIKNG] VIKNG

hello there m8

i voted yes

1stWarlord #14 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24965 battles

View Posttomato_irl, on 20 August 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

Sadly, the game is not made for unicums. You don't need a poll to know that unicums hate arty, or that it makes the game worse for them, etc, etc, but it doesn't matter to wargaming, because 0.1% of the playerbase aren't gonna be the ones paying for Serb's moonbase :/

I dont care what serb thinks , Its just for my personal curiosity.

somegras #15 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 49815 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
You want to find unicums that dislike arty? Pfff, easy. Get me one that supports arty as a class, then we'll talk.

Schepel #16 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 63658 battles

View Post1stWarlord, on 20 August 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

I'm giving Malinovka as an example again. You can be creative and push the other flank by the water ;but again you'll get obliterated. You can push by the lake  ( it only works from the south spawn) ,but that position is not as good as it used to be. Basically to survive  you either have to stay unspotted for the whole game ( you can do that but i doubt you'll win ) ,or you could hide behind a rock and do nothing. Basically every tactical area on that map can be and will be covered by arty. So ,if you can come with a better idea I'm willing to listen.

Depends on the tank. Slow tank? You are in for a bad game any which way you turn. However, with any decently fast tank with decent view range, you can try to enable your own arty. Play the the ground below the hill, counter spot, and heresy though it may be, camp your socks off. That is one option. If you can get your team to rush the hill anyway, you actually stand a very good chance of getting to their arty and ensure a game where your friendly arty reigns supreme. I am not saying they are fool proof option, Malinovka is an open map with very good options for scouts, so yes, it is an arty friendly map. You may get hit. It is a risk you will have to take.

I curse as much as the next guy when I get hit by arty, but you know what? I wouldn't want to do without. It makes for different games. It challenges my mind. If I can just take a key point and play a hull down game where nobody is going to get me as long as the position doesn't get flanked, the game becomes shallow. There a lot of things I would like to change about arty, not in the least because playing arty is worse than getting hit by it, but I am convinced that variety makes for a better game.

CHR1S_PL #17 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57309 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON

View Post1stWarlord, on 20 August 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

I dont care what serb thinks , Its just for my personal curiosity.

Yeah I understand, I wasn't exactly directing that at you anyway, just making the point that, despite unicums, as you said, having a far greater understanding of how the game actually works than the average bob, their opinions are still pretty irrelevant to WG, because the countless average bobs throw more money at their screens than the few purple elite, so WG doesn't need to keep the purples happy.

I would guess that any dev/tester/whatever (if devs are even good/play the game, I know nothing about that) over as low as 1600 WN8 would think that arty being changed would improve the game for them, not that they would admit it of course.

Pansenmann #18 Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35535 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I wonder what audience the OP is trying to target.

PS: I voted no, because pre-8.6 it was better.

Edited by Pansenmann, 20 August 2015 - 09:37 PM.

tajj7 #19 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27246 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSchepel, on 20 August 2015 - 08:00 PM, said:

lol.

No.

You go out and get focussed fired by 3 'tanks' you can't do anything about, who are sitting comfy in base, playing one handed, with a skill floor lower than your average tablet game and putting themselves next to no risk, yet get a high reward for their meagre input. 

lord_chipmonk #20 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35729 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Seriously, has anyone here ever spoken to a unicum who said "Change arty? Nah, it's fine the way it is!"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users