Do you like arty in its current state?

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like arty in its current state? (316 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like arty in its current state?

1. Yes (95 votes [30.06%])

Percentage of vote: 30.06%

2. No (221 votes [69.94%])

Percentage of vote: 69.94%

Vote Hide poll

LordMuffin #21 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I don't see the point of having a vote where the answer is already known to the casual observer. 

Orkel2 #22 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 21173 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
Arty is broken and destroys any kind of dynamic and aggressive gameplay

Grimhildir #23 Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23261 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

Firstly: asking only unicums to vote will only draw non-unicums to your thread to break the rules. your results will mean nothing.

Secondly: The thing I believe that sets apart uniscum from regular pond-scum, is the ability to both see the tactical opportunities and ability to cash in on them. I can see plenty tactical opportunities, I just suck at playing tanks.

Thirdly: WG will do nothing with the results of your poll. Seeing as most unicums I encounter in randoms are in active CW clans, they likely barely need to buy gold or premium time, thus bringing less to the table than your lesser skilled brethren. 

just my 3 cents

CrouchingGrandpa #24 Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36725 battles

What's the point of these polls? This must be the first arty poll in like forever and polls seem to affect the game a lot. 

Seriously, just deal with it. Play arty and piss on people for a change or just accept the fact that arties will only be changed if serb gets one shot by a t92.

Aim_Drol #25 Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22753 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostSchepel, on 20 August 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

Play the the ground below the hill, counter spot, and heresy though it may be, camp your socks off. 

But arty prevents camping. :bajan:

Kr1szo #26 Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28231 battles

>Poll for unicums only

>Posted on the official forums

good luck with the results

Demigur #27 Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5824 battles

Voted just becasue I could.

I see that quite a few "none-unicums" voted. Think we have to call this poll ruined, awww...

CptLunar #28 Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42746 battles
arty need huge nerf.....

7LV #29 Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18241 battles

It's nothing to do with Arty, it's XVM and you get focused by everyone with XVM !! inc. Arty !! because you ruin the game for other players.

So lets look at Unicum, fact, great players bittch on about being targeted but have the skills to preform better than 98% of other players, then they cry (well some do, others man up and accept it), XVM is your problem, No leagues is our problem, mixing Purple with red players is so balance I could play forever. Instead many players focus high threat players, not vehicles, players, to balance their win chance.

Arty broken in Wot? probably, but thats how Russians make games, broken, fact. Want a fix? create a league system just like CLANS do, vet the players into grades, as you get better, you play with better players... Don't want it? then shut up and play....tanks... Neg rep away, who gives a monkeys?

This game is so much fun, focusing out purple players +1

CircleOfSorrow #30 Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles
So what, y'all gonna make us sit at the back of the bus?  Seperate water fountains clearly signed?  And we ain't allowed to vote.  Have we all not come so far together?  Are we not brothers and sisters, if not in blood or stats, but in a common love for pixel tanks?

Shame shame shame

Arty_Loves_You #31 Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:19 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33869 battles

View Postsomegras, on 20 August 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

You want to find unicums that dislike arty? Pfff, easy. Get me one that supports arty as a class, then we'll talk.

?

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 20 August 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

Seriously, has anyone here ever spoken to a unicum who said "Change arty? Nah, it's fine the way it is!"?

Yeah, in an arty thread in the arty section. Can't remember his name and can't be ar'sed to go look, and, before anyone gets smart and says ' replay or it never happened', my replay's don't work...... :sceptic:

Salentine #32 Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23596 battles

View Post1stWarlord, on 20 August 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

!!! THIS IS NOT A RANT POST; ITS JUST MY CURIOSITY!!!

If you hide behind the rock you lose because you do 0 damage in a top tier tank ; If you go to the hill & try to fight it out you die by arty and the fate of the match is gonna be in the hands of your teammates; nothing more you can do from now on to influence the outcome of this battle.

I got hit for like 900 then i spent the rest of the match behind some rocks on the hill. Now ,did anyone else got hit by arty in that match? Nope.
So ,I'm curious if I'm the only one who hates arty that much...

clearly not a anti arty rant because it says so at the top :teethhappy:

SmellyOne #33 Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21664 battles

Didnt vote, not a unicum.

Nobody likes arty in the current form.

Except for people who have no skill driving tier 7-10 tanks, so playing tier 7-10 arty is the only way they can not do 0 damage in high tier battles.

Bad part is, these people make up majority of WoT population.

TayIor_Swift #34 Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11445 battles

Wait, so indirect fire, high alpha, the ability to shut down entire maps and generally crapon skill is bad for the game? :o 

Seriously, I wouldn't know what to do if arty didn't focus me all game. The game would be completely unfair for pubbies simply because of the vision games, low exposure shots and general farming I can do without it.

ghost_tiger #35 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12793 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

Arties love targeting the hill on malinovka, and yet its not necessary to take it to win. TDs and tanks hidden in the woods have a good chance to remain unspotted. If 1-2 fools try to come down they get killed very quickly. If more come it results in battle with everyone visible. Either way massive losses and team with more skilled players win just like on the hill. I have won numerous games like that without having taken the hill.

There is nothing wrong with arty in current state. Unicums hate it because it kills them. When I see unicum in game I target it preferentially.

Edited by ghost_tiger, 21 August 2015 - 08:08 AM.

Jeg_er_mig #36 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35687 battles

I think a unicum dosent get hit by Arty(only in lucky shot,),,,,  i do, course i dont use my brain sometimes, sometime i can take out 3-6 in a lemming train whit my SU5(fast reload 10sec)   that wil newer happen in my M40/43,,, 63sec load, 15 sec aim,,, not easy to lock on, no kill warranty....

But one learn alot playing arty, specially where to find protection in one on one fight and where not to...

Fingalf #37 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17083 battles

View Postsomegras, on 20 August 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

You want to find unicums that dislike arty? Pfff, easy. Get me one that supports arty as a class, then we'll talk.

Very many artyplayers will be purple, due to their awesomeness. What you think they will vote for ,,,,,

zikkon #38 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37236 battles
  • [WHYOU] WHYOU
I just don't go to malinovka hill anymore, got sick and tired of being clicked in 1-2 minutes so now i just farm damage from some bushes like a true aspiring unicum should and hope that RNG wins me the battle for the hill (= enemy arty gets trolled more than our arty). This is especialy true if i see XVM active icon on enemy team's artys.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #39 Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Inicums do this, do that. Bad players...good players...

Nice of you to decide who is good or bad.

Probably based on your WN8 rating, right?

I'm not an unicum, but I do those things.

I'm even contemplating reporting you for flamebaiting. Because you know non-funicums will post in this thread.

tajj7 #40 Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26785 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postghost_tiger, on 21 August 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

Arties love targeting the hill on malinovka, and yet its not necessary to take it to win. TDs and tanks hidden in the woods have a good chance to remain unspotted. If 1-2 fools try to come down they get killed very quickly. If more come it results in battle with everyone visible. Either way massive losses and team with more skilled players win just like on the hill. I have won numerous games like that without having taken the hill.

There is nothing wrong with arty in current state. Unicums hate it because it kills them. When I see unicum in game I target it preferentially.

It's called map control and yes in most cases the team that takes the hill wins on Malinovka, not always but in most cases unless the tanks they have left are completely blind. It's because you can pen the enemy back into base where there is very little cover and you can get vision on them from various points catching them in a cross fire. Surrendering the hill in randoms is extremely risky.  

Basically your stupid post says, arty isn't a problem if you camp and see what happens. 

Which is not how you win games, which is why you are clueless about the game because all you do is click in tier 6 and 7.  You are a player who does 300 damage in a tier 6 heavy. yet does nearly 3 times that in a tier 6 artillery. 

So when you say 

Block Quote

There is nothing wrong with arty in current state

You say this because arty in it's current stat is a massive crutch you rely on to have any meaningful impact in the game.

It's called bias and it's why your opinions on the matter should be ignored. 

Unicums don't like arty not because it kills them, they don;t like arty because it kills them with very little skill, effort or ris, they don;t like it because it has no counter outside itself and because it creates stagnant and static gameplay forcing players to camp. 

Interestingly I had a good little chat with another blue player on the enemy team who complimented me on my good play after I moaned because I got wrecked and focussed by arty. Never had that before, someone say well played after I'd killed them. 

He was holding a good spot in his T110E4 holding up an IS7 on my team, I approached behind my IS7 but used the hill to block his LOS so I didn't get spotted, then darted down the other side of the hill. I then used the slope to get momentum and rush behind him and kill from full HP (because E4 isn't able to turn his turret). I'd already flanked and destroyed their team's medium platoon as well earlier in the game, who were all good players so in two moves I'd killed 4 of their best players and 4 tier 10 tanks.

Yet all that good play was for nought because I lost all my HP bar I think around 300 (out of 2200) to the clickers sitting comfy in base who had to do sweet FA to 'outplay' me and earn that damage. 

So instead to stay arty safe my alternative is to camp on my side of the map. 

That is why arty is so hated, it craps all over skill and good play, forcing people to camp.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users