Do you like arty in its current state?

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like arty in its current state? (316 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like arty in its current state?

1. Yes (95 votes [30.06%])

Percentage of vote: 30.06%

2. No (221 votes [69.94%])

Percentage of vote: 69.94%

Vote Hide poll

Darth_Clicker #261 Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57208 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostArty_Loves_You, on 06 April 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Yes, you'll have to re-play every single one...

I had so much fun the first time, just thinking about re-playing some of them really makes me moist.

Edited by Darth_Clicker, 06 April 2016 - 05:57 PM.

b0d #262 Posted 12 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21256 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostDragolax, on 10 December 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

I am really getting frustrated in artillery at the moment, I find the amount of damage some of them can do is a joke. No tank should be able to one shot another it just removes any fun in playing trying to avoid getting knocked out in the first min because of some lucky shot which is all artillery is based on really. Point, shoot and hope you hit something within the same area code as the tank you were aiming at.

You never heard of counter strike, once the most popular game ever played?

Other FPS games also had guns that fired correctly would kill you instantly, if you didnt have a shield.

WoT is no exception to this and should not be imho.

So funny to see youngsters cry about being one-shotted.  Never heard of a head shoot, b00m?

Cheezix #263 Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38065 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I voted NO, of course I'm NOT happy with arty in it's current state!

Ragestadt #264 Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14496 battles
  • [BROP] BROP
Thank you Wargaming for your great logic in buffing the Artillery. Thank you so much, now they can kill even moving light tanks. The game is called World of Tanks, yet it seems that the game also features non tank machines. Artillery differentiates from tanks in that: 

Tanks shoot in an almost straight line: it must have its target in its line of sight. Derived from this fact is the fact that whenever a tank shoots, it is exposed (visible) to its target, and that in order to shoot it must get close enough to see the enemy. Therefore in Tank vs Tank battles, both sides commonly see each other. The ranges for tank fights are up to about 5km. Tanks can shoot at structures, but cannot "shell" an area effectively (that is, bombard an area to "cover" it). A modern tank can hit a target the size of a tank at 3km on either the first or the second shot fired. Quite accurate.

Howitzers and self-propelled guns are both artillery, that is, they shoot upwards, and usually cannot visually see their targets (no line of sight). They aim by using maps, compases, GPS and reports on the enemy whereabouts. An observer reports back to the artillery unit on how they did and to correct their aiming. Both are used to shell / bombard an area without precision in distances for of up to 20km (or even more). Hitting within 50 meters of the target is considered a good "hit" and is about the best accuracy one should expect. Since these kind of guns shoot far and don't require line of sight, they are usually placed in the battlefield behind the front lines, therefore they rarely have face-to-face friction with the enemy. For these reasons the armours of the artillery guns are thin to nonexistent whereas the armour on a tank can be a order of magnitude thicker.

*These are the basics of the difference- nowadays there exceptions to many of the abovementioned facts, but the basis of the diffrentiation stays - tracked vehicles that shoot using line of sight are tanks, while shooting in a ballistic trajectory (with no LOS) is what defines artillery. Mortars are considered artillery as well.

Then tell me... why is the game called World of Tanks? since it features also something else. Not to mention the fact that Artillery can see what happens on the map, which is not true to life. They should take hints from their teammates where to shoot, they should be blind as a bat. But no, you give them better aim and stun mechanics besides the fact that they can see what happens on the map. With all due respect, but I dont see the logic. This is a great game and I really enjoy it, but it seems you, Wargaming, favor Artillery instead of tanks. Thank you.

Suurpolskija #265 Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19181 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I only just returned to the game a few weeks ago and hadn't played a single arty game since the comeback. Last night I decided it's time to try the new arty out and I instantly hated it. Did 2 games and I think those were my last arty games in a while. I'll probably have a go at them when I've finished the other missions for t55a.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users