• This topic is locked This topic is locked
400 replies to this topic

Body_Count #1 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64615 battles
  • [322] 322

POPULAR

Loved the t54 in beta. It was fearsome. Now?

Circle of death- if you're not on completely flat terain it will mostly fail, don't even dare to miss 1 shot while doing it, time is precious
gun            - can't snipe Removed (sure, not ment to be a sniper I know)
dmg            - terrible
armor          -it ain't bouncing Removed really e50's are laughing at you
speed          -it is fast and nice, I can try to run away from the fights now but wait! I'll probably catch fire and slow down and die

I should be a bully in this? Well who the hell should I bully? maby some t44 or panther II, panther I, some t29 perhaps? Be lucky enough to have those 1-10 games to be abel to flank is7 and get on his Removed?
I should be using my speed and agility with a gun that can't hit Removed on the move?

Go for arty for which I need 2 shots mostly to kill it? Yea that works well in 4 arty games when they shoot you down while doing 55km/h with their 21.st century precision.

E50? It's a freaking tiger II, with more hp then is4, top speed of 60, frontal armor that bounces half the shots at least (same for turret), faster turret rotation, reload, and basicly everything else pimped up from tiger II and is clasified as medium.

Wargaming just give germans 300 armor all around and above, I saw some posts where some of them are complaining arty does a lot of damage to them.

Not only do they have that medium tree easy going while we're getting Removed by all those peace of Removedmediums (up until t-44) (I'm not gonna count 34-85 as it's guns are a joke and armor too) and were sweating like pigs to get to t54's, but no, they also get this Removed overall better monster at the end of the tree.

So what is left to t54 drivers? well we can still be good scouts in malinovka. Nice.

Get to key points of maps first and keep them?

well would you look at that.. that e50 is faster and will get there in about same time and if driver isn't completely stupid, he will get you off it by killing you (well you can't really use agility as you are usually pinned down near some walls and you will have to engage him 1:1,but he's got more hp and bounces like crazy even on turret. If you do manage to penetrate him with every shot you'll still loose cause it has more HP) or you'll have to get down by running and get shot in the Removed, catch fire, slow down and die.

But hey body_count, you're doing it wrong... you should wait for battle to start and when they're all engaged get in, kill their arty or try to flank them and do a mess, use you speed and agility!

Wow, nice, I didn't realise I can do that...I can get on their sides or behind, and while doing it get penetrated 2 times, and with 50% less hp, I can shoot some tank with this miserable gun in his Removed or at side and take down 15% hp (from a tiger for example) and die miserably then. Probably missing 1 shot while driving to them so everyone and their mother knows I'm coming. Always dreamed about that :D

But I got to admit it's nice to meet e50 1:1. I'm doing all the silly Removed to avoid it ramming me, or getting me face to face, trying to get at it's side, detrack it, kill it's gunner, destroy his ammo, whatever (well they got consumables and with 2 presses of the button it was pointless to do that aniway), breaking my fingers on keyboard, while he's just standing there, looking stupid, not even bothering (maby even eating while playing) and still ends victorious.

Good job wargaming, now I can play scout on malinovka, problem is only I don't know when I'll get it since battles are random :S

Edit10:
-134? Removed you all!  :Smile-izmena:
We're over -100, now let's go for -500!
2 day RO for:

2.1 Forum etiquette
4. Profanity, Inappropriate language or abbreviations there of

>Laughter

Mod any chance I get a grade too? I feel like in school :lol:

Gigaton #2 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 4675 battles

View PostBody_Count, on 17 August 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

E50? It's a freaking tiger II, with more hp then is4, top speed of 60, frontal armor that bounces half the shots at least (same for turret), faster turret rotation, reload, and basicly everything else pimped up from tiger II and is clasified as medium.

You do know that T-54 has about same armour as King Tiger on frontal arc and E-50 is worse than either?

Goldenz #3 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17046 battles
Honestly you really think its not even good? there is no that good tank it bounces tier10 if you angle it correctly and maus is easy to circle

Avernus #4 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15782 battles
  • [RZUF] RZUF
... and E-50 is bigger than KT?
But hey, it's so nice to hear about the pain of pancake drivers, please, do continue :)

Shoeshine #5 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13186 battles

wafflings of a madman

:lol:
you brightened up my day +1
your talking utter pish -1
so it evens out in the end

Goldenz #6 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17046 battles
Circle of death- if you're not on completely flat terain it will mostly fail, don't even dare to miss 1 shot while doing it, time is precious
armor          -it ain't bouncing shit really e50's are laughing at you

Infact it circles
Gun damage bad ? try the short 88
Armor if you know how to angle your armor youll bounce alot more than tiger H
+ you dont have the famous tiger module damage 1 shot and 4 modules and 2 crew dead
and of by the way they nerfed E series , Maus and T30

enu_ #7 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23027 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
well in CW battles T-54 is scout

magicalme #8 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19274 battles

POPULAR

This is a troll post, right? You cannot be serious.

Still the best top medium in the game.

I should be a bully in this? Well who the hell should I bully? maby some t44 or panther II, panther I, some t29 perhaps? Be lucky enough to have those 1-10 games to be abel to flank is7 and get on his ass?
I should be using my speed and agility with a gun that can't hit shit on the move?
Isn't that the argument the US tank players are complaining about? Less accuracy on the move.

Go for arty for which I need 2 shots mostly to kill it? Yea that works well in 4 arty games when they shoot you down while doing 55km/h with their 21.st century precision.
Try to play the VK 3002 (DB). The only thing it can penetrate at tier 7 is enemy arti. And you need much more than 2 shots to even scratch it. I cannot believe a Russian tanker is complaining about little damage per shot.

You are talking about a tank that has less armor than a tiger2. It has a tier 5 (FIVE, Pz4) turret. it is easily TWICE as big as you are. If you miss that one on the move, you are doing it wrong. The T-54 turret and its armor is superior to the E50. The T-54 body armor is the same (and it is better sloped). Did I mention the T-54 is much smaller as well?

Wargaming just give germans 300 armor all around and above, I saw some posts where some of them are complaining arty does a lot of damage to them.
There is no 300mm armor whatsoever. Check the numbers and the shape of the turrets. The T-54 has thicker and better sloped armor everywhere.

Not only do they have that medium tree easy going while we're getting fucked by all those peace of shit mediums (up until t-44) (I'm not gonna count 34-85 as it's guns are a joke and armor too) and were sweating like pigs to get to t54's, but no, they also get this fucking overall better monster at the end of the tree.
You go and play Pz4, VK36, VK30, VK DB, Panther1, Panther2, Tiger, Tiger2, StuG, JgPz4 and JgPanther with the same 135mm penetration gun (some of the mentioned tanks have a better top gun, but you need to unlock it first by farming 20k to 60k xp with 135mm pen). Then you can come back and complain about your D10T on 3 tanks.

... tactics ...

... take down 15% hp (from a tiger for example) ...
The Tiger has the highest HP in tier 7. It also has the worst armor, is the slowest, has the least damage gun. You do 320 damage. That's good. (and its 22% of a Tiger health, not 15%).

... more bla bla ...
But I got to admit it's nice to meet e50 1:1. I'm doing all the silly shit to avoid it ramming me, or getting me face to face, trying to get at it's side, detrack it, kill it's gunner, destroy his ammo, whatever (well they got consumables and with 2 presses of the button it was pointless to do that aniway), breaking my fingers on keyboard, while he's just standing there, looking stupid, not even bothering (maby even eating while playing) and still ends victorious.
You know what? Thats exactly how I play every match in a German tank. I just rush to the middle, stand there, looking stupid, get a Pizza, and kill every incoming T-54 in one shot with my left hand, as I need to hold the Pizza in the other.

Good job wargaming, now I can play scout on malinovka, problem is only I don't know when I'll get it since battles are random :S
Dear WarGaming, please buff the T-54 speed, armor, damage, accuracy and penetration. It cannot one-shot a GW Tiger. Surely not working as intended. And please also add a map-vote feature already, so Body_Count can play Malinovka all day long.

MACtic #9 Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11189 battles
I am playing mediums and agree Body_Count it seems they nerf it badly. The positive thing is I find your post very funny to read (and true!). :Smile_honoring:

typhaon #10 Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles
Well, first I wanted to reply with a long answer, but the best answer to your post, which denies the simple truth does not deserve another answer than:

LOL!

T-54 wins by far in all categories you name, except HP (E-50: +80HP) and topspeed (E-50: +5km/h)

And to you really think, that those two categories make the E-50 a superior tank?

dudnic #11 Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15603 battles
TL;DR:

Q.Q

PanzerKnacker #12 Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5654 battles
Now I just can't wait to get my E50 to make you cry even more.  :Smile_harp:

enu_ #13 Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23027 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
yay :)

Body_Count #14 Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64615 battles
  • [322] 322
Gigaton: get in tier IX medium or in king tiger first and than talk bollocks (I drove kingtiger in beta)
Goldenz: stop selling me angling crap, I got 1200 battles in is4
Avernus: one of this days when that crap gets nerfed you'll actually have to pay attnetion how to drive and will have to use both hands
Shoeshine: I got 580 battles in t54 and you got what? zero? Please, give me some advice.
goldenz: yadddaa yadddaaa yadddaaa bunch of bollocks too
Ilidan: thank you for telling me that, till now I used it as maus in CW. Sarcasm off
magicalme: and how do you know it's still top medium? You drove it? Can't see it in your stats. Don't tell me what to play. What are you? god?
typhaon: you also got a lot experience in top mediums don't you?

You all calling my post bollocks, but in fact none of you owns one, or drove one and somehow you're all freaking experts on the tank.
Why even bother to reply?

Avernus #15 Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15782 battles
  • [RZUF] RZUF

View PostBody_Count, on 17 August 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

Avernus: one of this days when that crap gets nerfed you'll actually have to pay attnetion how to drive and will have to use both hands

Aww, because as we all now US and German tanks are so OP, that even drove with one hand could crush your tiny T-54.
Perhaps you should... i dont know... use both hands CORRECTLY? Just sayin'.

View PostBody_Count, on 17 August 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

You all calling my post bollocks, but in fact none of you owns one, or drove one and somehow you're all freaking experts on the tank.
Why even bother to reply?

Oh, and since when did YOU have KT or E-50? Mr "I'm-the-ultimate-expert"?

But please, complain more, it's so cute.

trispect #16 Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33283 battles
+1 to OP

Agree most of the stuff but the E-50. It's so slow that it isn't much of a problem if you play it smart.

And other thing. There are other good scout maps than Malinovka.=)

EDIT:
Patton = Medium tank
T-54 = Scout
E-50 = Quick heavy tank

EDIT2: Medium-stats vs. Scout-stats

http://img831.images...pattonstats.jpg

mondog #17 Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14599 battles
Soviet medium tree is a pos? My best stats for wins are on that tree. Try playing the other ones and you be cry double. The soviet medium tree is easily the easier of the three.

I dare you to try the m7. It doesn't get good on the us tree until tier 6 but even then it requires plenty of skill as the easy 8 has no armour.

I'll remember this thread next time a single T54 dominates a match.;)

Galm1 #18 Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25411 battles

View Postmagicalme, on 17 August 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

There is no 300mm armor whatsoever. Check the numbers and the shape of the turrets. The T-54 has thicker and better sloped armor everywhere.
Bullshit, I didn't check ingame with a goniometer (yeah, I'd go down to that to measure the slope), but I'm quite sure the E-50 is at least sloppier than T-54.
Please check the trigonometric functions and you'll notice that it's not proportional. I.e. even a little steeper slope means an amount of additional armor which has to be taken in consideration.
For reference check this
Edit: I'm p sure it's around 240mm. More than T-54. Point proven.

You go and play Pz4, VK36, VK30, VK DB, Panther1, Panther2, Tiger, Tiger2, StuG, JgPz4 and JgPanther with the same 135mm penetration gun (some of the mentioned tanks have a better top gun, but you need to unlock it first by farming 20k to 60k xp with 135mm pen). Then you can come back and complain about your D10T on 3 tanks.
Bullshit again, played PzIII/IV (75/48 mind you), enjoyed it (heck, one of the tanks I did best with), playing VK3001H (grinding to E-50) with 75/70, enjoying it, great tank. Been there done that on TDs aswell and enjoyed them, only the JagdPzIV felt like a grind. I feel sorry that germans can't autoaim. But hey, IS-4 can't autoaim aswell. Gotta live with it.
Edit: Tiger II starts with 88/71, proves my "you're spitting loads o' crap" theory pretty much. 203mm pen is good to go up to TX.

The Tiger has the highest HP in tier 7. It also has the worst armor, is the slowest, has the least damage gun. You do 320 damage. That's good. (and its 22% of a Tiger health, not 15%).
Tiger wins in open field fights against IS, as russian tanks are better at peekabooing. It's not everything about the so called "alpha strike".
Sooner or later I'll grind a Patton aswell, cba to take that M3 Lee back, really. Maybe with 6.7 + M4A3E2...
Edit: ironically, my survival rate on T-54 went up with the E-Series, since I play way more carefully now (stuff like... can't penetrate the E-50's front without aiming at the lower plate while he gets through my hull like cheese... you know...)

SchurkjeBoefje #19 Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9486 battles

If I have to believe the stories, every T-54 driver loved the thing in beta because it was OP as a fox in a chicken coop. Even most 54-veterans admit it.

I have only 23 battles in a T-54 and I'm not as experienced in WoT as you are and I'm far from a great player. So when even someone like me can see you're overexxagerating and spouting nonsense, you're doing at least something wrong.

S1av #20 Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12676 battles

gun            - can't snipe shit (sure, not ment to be a sniper I know)
armor          -it ain't bouncing shit really e50's are laughing at you
speed          -it is fast and nice, I can try to run away from the fights now but wait! I'll probably catch fire and slow down and die

Aaaahhh.... so that's where devs take feedback form the users.

I think you've got those stats completely and exactly in reverse, except sniping.

I guessed first that was sarcasm, but than i realized the poster was serious.. and also saw his profile... playing only USSR three and speak about other trees.

News flush! You've been playing in easy mode so far. Play German tank tree and then complain about USSR.
T-54 is still known by names like Dev-54, UFO-54 and many others.

Worst grinds i have ever had were VK3001P, VK3002DB(some may disagree), M6, Tiger I, but never USSR tanks.

Soooo many time i see t-54s play like they are Leopards.... just rushing into enemy positions, getting themselves surrounded by 5 enemy tanks and just stupidly die. Than i see threads like this and i am wondering, does the devs think like OP or they read too many posts like that in Ru forum???.... :unsure:
I don't know but i think there is something fishy in this game.
Are you from the Dev team?:unsure::lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users