• This topic is locked This topic is locked
400 replies to this topic

FilipMinee #41 Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostBody_Count, on 17 August 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

why the fuck would they need to buff e50 also? wtf do you want? a tier XI gun? Star trek cloak? (it is a bit high, that would come handy  <_< )
star trek cloak ? i want ordoss cloaking devide ;)

Dreadbone #42 Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21348 battles
This reply is for the OP.

I could flame you, call you terrbile things because your view of how T-54 is nothing but a scout. I try not to do that, however.. your post is full of horse sh**. T-54 was super op, no doubt about it. But you are basically saying it is useless in every aspect and can only be used as a scout.. How twisted/ blind/ biased/ spoiled can a player be to say that of a T-54???

Been playing this game for almost a year, started in beta and I am no way a great player, merely an average, i do not lie and say I have driven T-54 because I haven't. I may not know every bit of detail of that tank, however I have fought countless of times against that tank, driving anything from T7 Tiger to Maus and also I have P1,P2 and E-50 all fully upgraded. T-54 is an excellent tank. No matter what tank you are driving it is always a challenge to bring 1 down.

It has excellent characteristics, and even E-50 struggles against it. It is very small, hard to hit with any weapons, it has very nice frontal armor on both hull and turret and shooting at the front with E-75, or vk4502p or Maus cannon ( it's the same cannon ) will in most cases cause a bounce. I don't mind that, sometimes it penetrates sometimes it doesn't but the armor is great. Movement is also excellent, it may not be the fastest tank but with 55km/h ( I believe? ) it is fast. Handling is suberb, u can zigzag ALOT and you lose very little speed when doing so. Gun is somewhat average if you compare it to the excellent gun of E-50. But the T-54 gun is still sufficient to fight anything in game.

WHat do u get with T-54, very low silhuette tank, it is also about 50% size of E-50, has just as strong armor, better handling and almos as good top speed, gun is slightly worse. PERFECT tank for scouting, raiding, flanking, distraction, taking down enemy arty also 1on1 can kill a Maus and walk away there with 100% hp.

T-54 is a high priority target, u will be shot often because of your great performance. EVERY german or US player would gladly take a T-54 like tank to their tech trees. E-50 is strong too, but it is Bigger, doesn't zigzag even close to as good as T-54 and is more vulnerable to arty, flanking, tracking than T-54. Both are GREAT tanks! a Player who is whining about E-50 or T-54 should visit a doctor asap and go to mental hospital. Long story short: L2P FFS!!!

Oh I forgot 1 more thing: T-54 was OP for so long, nearly a year it used to be immortal god of the battlefields, now when it has been tweaked to be a well balanced, still a very effective fighting machine and actually has a tank to rival it in performance, The E-50. After what? a week or two after patch you are whining like a 6 year old girl who didn't get the barbie for birthday she wanted to. U had 1 year of OP:ness, and now when you actually have challenge you whine? I can hardly believe your attitude? what do u want? to play your T-54 at T1 against tractors? I bet you would..

Body_Count #43 Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64219 battles
  • [322] 322
In one game I was forced to fight 3 t54's in is4. they were all above 50% HP. I killed them all, watching their shot timing and angling, taking care I don't get them on my ass, always keeping the guy that shoots under angle, and not having my front exposed to the guy that is next going to shoot.  

Today, A stupid e50 just stands still in front of is4, doesn't move, doesn't even try to hide after shooting to avoid shot, try to flank, get on my ass, or anything like that, he's taking me head on, when I got 75% HP. Penetrating hull at angle, standing there, fighting like a heavy. 2 days back the guy that did that actually won, had 2% left, I bounced his turret once. Now find me a patton driver or t54 driver that will try to do that and he'll be dead before he can say: "oh my, that was a dumb idea!"

Maby I'm just starting to suck really bad in is4 after 1200 games with 734 awarage xp per game (which would be 1100 or so if I used premium acc)...
Or maby there's something really fucking wrong with this picture.

anyone seen the post on usa forum about e50?
http://forum.worldof...imply-the-boss/

is saying e50 is balanced on this forum just a tactic to not have it nerfed?

Shoeshine #44 Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13174 battles

View PostBody_Count, on 17 August 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

Shoeshine: I got 580 battles in t54 and you got what? zero? Please, give me some advice.
try something other than Russian you tard then you might learn how good your T-54 is

You all calling my post bollocks
because it is

but in fact none of you owns one or drove one and somehow you're all freaking experts on the tank.
And? by that you cant comment on the performance of the E-50....or  any tank outside the Russian line, but that didnt stop you did it?, double standards much??

Why even bother to reply?
because its an open forum and we dont need your permission to point out that you are talking complete shit

is saying e50 is balanced on this forum just a tactic to not have it nerfed?

:lol:
because your entire whine aint about getting a buff for the T-54??

FootballFan #45 Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23485 battles
Body_Count lets be honest your stats in medium tanks shows that you are below average in it, lets just show it on your T54 example:

1. 540 average xp in 603 battles that is really low, average T54 player should have at least 700 xp not to mention good ones with xp above lets say 800-850.

2. Average dmg per battle you inflict to enemy tanks 1449 hit points, average T54 player should get above 1700 and good one above 1900 dmg per battle.

You have 30% survival rate in battles which is normal number for tier 9 mediums not to high not too low, it means you are not rushing all the time and not camping either which is good, still rest of your stats on T54 are not too good and in my opinion probably mediums arent fitted for you cause you just cant get the full potential of them. Try adjusting your playstyle, experiment with it.

Also you are in a clan, check out if any clanmates have T54s and what are their stats, if you find a guy with good ones platoon with him, observe how he plays. Hell even if you find a clanmate with worse stats in T54 platoon with him also, this tank works really well in medium packs.

Galm1 #46 Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25411 battles

View PostFootballFan, on 18 August 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

1. 540 average xp in 603 battles that is really low, average T54 player should have at least 700 xp not to mention good ones with xp above lets say 800-850.

2. Average dmg per battle you inflict to enemy tanks 1449 hit points, average T54 player should get above 1700 and good one above 1900 dmg per battle.

You have 30% survival rate in battles which is normal number for tier 9 mediums not to high not too low, it means you are not rushing all the time and not camping either which is good, still rest of your stats on T54 are not too good and in my opinion probably mediums arent fitted for you cause you just cant get the full potential of them. Try adjusting your playstyle, experiment with it.

Finally, an answer which is not a troll.  :Smile_honoring:

1.Average XP is, if you ask me, not really a good stat you can consider. I, for example, have around 722 avg and 600 battles, but at least 300 of those were while it was not upgraded and while I didn't have premium. Hence, you can't really refer to this stat as, unless the user played premium since day 1, it's easily corrupted by other factors (i.e. premium, matchmaker).

2. Depends on team/arty amount/games played as stock, so it's still a bit corrupted. If there was a "Tanks Spotted" stat, probably it'd be the best stat you could refer to judge a T-54 user's skill/teamplay skills, along with the survival rate. Remember, T-54's a scout medium, refer to trispect's post in the first page of this thread for scout vs medium tank stats. Not like everyone's godlike as MARMIST.  :)

FootballFan #47 Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23485 battles

View PostGalm1, on 18 August 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

Finally, an answer which is not a troll.  :Smile_honoring:

1.Average XP is, if you ask me, not really a good stat you can consider. I, for example, have around 722 avg and 600 battles, but at least 300 of those were while it was not upgraded and while I didn't have premium. Hence, you can't really refer to this stat as, unless the user played premium since day 1, it's easily corrupted by other factors (i.e. premium, matchmaker).

2. Depends on team/arty amount/games played as stock, so it's still a bit corrupted. If there was a "Tanks Spotted" stat, probably it'd be the best stat you could refer to judge a T-54 user's skill/teamplay skills, along with the survival rate. Remember, T-54's a scout medium, refer to trispect's post in the first page of this thread for scout vs medium tank stats. Not like everyone's godlike as MARMIST.  :)

About avg xp I forgot to mention those "standards" are for 100% premium player and looking at Body_Count other tank stats im pretty sure he is one. Yes when you grind to upgrade tank your avg xp is worse than fully upgraded but with over 600 battles your tank is upgraded a long time ago so 540 xp seems still low for me(with premium)

Yes T54 is great at scouting but still he should actually fight other tanks also so his damage per battle should be higher for good player. A little example, in my clan the MINIMUM average DpB for a player that considers his tier 9 medium as "primary" tank is 1900 which is approximately average of 6 shots every battle with T54 best gun(Body count is only 4.5 shots)

Body_Count #48 Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64219 battles
  • [322] 322
Now now...Judging too quickly aren't you? I had premium my first month of the game and that was it. In that time I got to is3 and t43. I also bought then matilda and valnetine to get money with them. They both turned crap so sold them and bought KV, after 1 year aniversary I bought gold, for which I bought lowe. So that day of premium was after first month of the game the only day that premium was used on this account.

I got 1800 gold left, but I don't feel like spending it for shitty premium. I need 2-3-4 games in lowe to get 100+ k without it aniway.

So stats of t44, t54, is4, 3/4 of matilda stats, 5/6 of KV stats, are completely WITHOUT premium. Which does make me at least an awarage t54 player (800xp if I used premium) and probably above avarage is4 player (1100xp avarage or so with premium).
And about other stats on t54... I got 79% hit rate, but gun is still crap, the stat doesn't mean shit really... my mouse is saving my ass (g5). Doesn't mean I'm using it as sniper either. Sure... I could pimp up those awarage stats, but I wonder if it would really help. I can rush directly into their base at start of the battle scout everyone, get 800+xp (which would make it 1200xp premium) and die, but will that really turn to be more usefull then if our flank is broken and I'm having those 2,3 tier IX enemies scouted for 3-4 min for arty to fuck them up? Or get some key point of the map, get overhelmed by enemyes, which will with some luck die from our 4 artilery? Sure, I may get 300 xp from that, but with nice arty support, I may end without kills and shitty xp but at least some hill spot will get cleaned and all our heavies will not get scouted from there.

And if some is7 or something else tier X pushes up there, fucks me up and dies and I get shitty xp and we still win, I'll take that any day.

So basicly the only thing you can figure out from my avarage xp is that I'm an avarage t54 driver and one awesome is4, matilda, maby KV driver  :D

Vaderan #49 Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 5638 battles
I don´t get the OPs point!

A friend of mine started grinding up the way to the T-54 right from the start, after release, while i spent time on several techtrees.
Meanwhile he has it´s T-54 on elite with three crew skills, rammer, ventilation and vertical gun stabilizer, and all i can offer to be some company are a Ferdinand, a Löwe or that M6 premium tank.
Anyway, he plays his T-54 incredibly smart and always sticking with me for support, covering my flanks, taking out enemies i attrackt, and flying across the map as fast response unit whereever a heavy hitter is required.

He rarly moves out for scouting maneuvers but is always to find where the battle is toughest.
Honestly, from what i see him doing with this tank, it´s probably, if not for sure, the best tank in this game. He hits target on the move, running 40-50 km/h, outmaneuvers anything, facerapes spgs, and takes on 100% enemies while down on 12%, coming out victorious.

Sure, a lot depends on players skills, but even average players should still perform better in a T-54, than in an E-50.

If i could choose, which tier 9 medium i could receive instantly for my garage, i would choose the T-54...

Rex_Ryan #50 Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12579 battles
lol @ T-54 and E-50 drivers whining about the armor of the other.

- Patton driver

FootballFan #51 Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23485 battles

View PostBody_Count, on 18 August 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

Now now...Judging too quickly aren't you? I had premium my first month of the game and that was it. In that time I got to is3 and t43. I also bought then matilda and valnetine to get money with them. They both turned crap so sold them and bought KV, after 1 year aniversary I bought gold, for which I bought lowe. So that day of premium was after first month of the game the only day that premium was used on this account.

I got 1800 gold left, but I don't feel like spending it for shitty premium. I need 2-3-4 games in lowe to get 100+ k without it aniway.

So stats of t44, t54, is4, 3/4 of matilda stats, 5/6 of KV stats, are completely WITHOUT premium. Which does make me at least an awarage t54 player (800xp if I used premium) and probably above avarage is4 player (1100xp avarage or so with premium).
And about other stats on t54... I got 79% hit rate, but gun is still crap, the stat doesn't mean shit really... my mouse is saving my ass (g5). Doesn't mean I'm using it as sniper either. Sure... I could pimp up those awarage stats, but I wonder if it would really help. I can rush directly into their base at start of the battle scout everyone, get 800+xp (which would make it 1200xp premium) and die, but will that really turn to be more usefull then if our flank is broken and I'm having those 2,3 tier IX enemies scouted for 3-4 min for arty to fuck them up? Or get some key point of the map, get overhelmed by enemyes, which will with some luck die from our 4 artilery? Sure, I may get 300 xp from that, but with nice arty support, I may end without kills and shitty xp but at least some hill spot will get cleaned and all our heavies will not get scouted from there.

And if some is7 or something else tier X pushes up there, fucks me up and dies and I get shitty xp and we still win, I'll take that any day.

So basicly the only thing you can figure out from my avarage xp is that I'm an avarage t54 driver and one awesome is4, matilda, maby KV driver  :D

Im not exactly sure how to express my thoughts about this but I will try:

First thing about your IS4 stats, yes they are good but its hard to believe that you played it totally without premium, to achieve 1100 avg xp on that tank you would need to make approx. lets say 2700-2900 dmg per battle. You could ask why ? Well I will give you few examples first clanmate avg xp on IS4 840 xp DpB 2140, my IS4 avg xp 922 DpB 2450, my second clanmate 999 xp and 2590 DpB, you see the pattern between xp and dpb ? 1100 xp would mean at least 2700 not 2250 like yours, I dont know the 100% of this xp awarding system but this pattern must mean something. I might be wrong or you forgot that you were playing IS4 with premium at least for weak :)

About T54, I really want you to try getting 1200 avg xp on this tank without having DpB at least 2500, I dont think it is possible, scouting simply doesnt give you enough xp to get it that high without doing much damage to enemy tanks

Motions #52 Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6063 battles
Be happy your t-54 is a scout in CW battles. Other medium tanks aren't used that much at all. TD's are only used as cannon fodder for the enemy team.

Galm1 #53 Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25411 battles

View PostFootballFan, on 18 August 2011 - 12:58 PM, said:

About T54, I really want you to try getting 1200 avg xp on this tank without having DpB at least 2500, I dont think it is possible, scouting simply doesnt give you enough xp to get it that high without doing much damage to enemy tanks
Working on that  :Smile_honoring:
In the meanwhile: 6 team wins, 4 snipers, around 2k damage/match, altho in one game our object 704 died against E-75 because I pumped 3 shells into E-75's ass and they all bounced. *dances in circles*
Another plus is that I'm finally happy with my T-54. Felt sad for a E-50 with 75/100 that tried to CQB with me (I suppose it was stock due to stock turret + 75/100).

OldIronsides #54 Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4297 battles

View Posttrispect, on 17 August 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

Yep, in beta T-54 was overpowered and of course because of that very fun tank to play. That's why I wanted it back as fast as possible when WoT went live. Got it in 2 weeks or something and it sucked compared to the one I just few weeks ago drove in beta. Worst T9 medium at the moment, but still best scout.

But these threads always fail so bad because they attract players who never has played T-54 and it seems mostly they don't even play against T-54's. They have just read and heard (and maybe experienced it back then) about Beta-T-54

The most interesting aspect of all of this is how aggressive the drivers of Soviet tanks become once they realize that in some aspects they aren't gods of the battlefield anymore. The drivers of German and US tanks are used to have sometimes crappy tanks, they can cope with it. But players used to driving OP tanks seem to be unable to cope with the loss of their OP-ness  :D

trispect #55 Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33282 battles

View PostOldIronsides, on 18 August 2011 - 01:10 PM, said:

The most interesting aspect of all of this is how aggressive the drivers of Soviet tanks become once they realize that in some aspects they aren't gods of the battlefield anymore. The drivers of German and US tanks are used to have sometimes crappy tanks, they can cope with it. But players used to driving OP tanks seem to be unable to cope with the loss of their OP-ness  :D

Was this reply for me? Maybe you should check player's profile before blurting out things...

timdepim #56 Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:33 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 13539 battles
If you think it's underpowered now you should l2p it. I only have ~100 battles in it and love it to death, the best flanking machine in the game. I average 850 xp in it per match according to my stats, but i get 1000+ xp very often. If i can do this a lot of others can as well, but i guess you're not among those.

DaColdFlash #57 Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1839 battles

View PostBody_Count, on 17 August 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

I played german tree in beta, had 2000 battles only with germans. Would be boring to do the same tree again. Germans are easy mode on   ;)

I can smell those lies through the screen.

Lupusceleri #58 Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles

First thing about your IS4 stats, yes they are good but its hard to believe that you played it totally without premium, to achieve 1100 avg xp on that tank you would need to make approx. lets say 2700-2900 dmg per battle. You could ask why ? Well I will give you few examples first clanmate avg xp on IS4 840 xp DpB 2140, my IS4 avg xp 922 DpB 2450, my second clanmate 999 xp and 2590 DpB, you see the pattern between xp and dpb ? 1100 xp would mean at least 2700 not 2250 like yours, I dont know the 100% of this xp awarding system but this pattern must mean something. I might be wrong or you forgot that you were playing IS4 with premium at least for weak :)

I agree with you that you'll need at least decent DpB to get good average xp, but it's not just about how much you shoot.. sometimes it's way better to just spot and let team do the job.

Example comparing a few Pirates Pattons in the 900-1000 xp range:

xman: 966 average xp, 2218 DpB
Masuras: 969 average xp, 2090 DpB
West1000: 939 average xp, 2345 DpB
Szejkivisten: 930 average xp, 2263 DpB
vuque: 930 average xp, 2108 DpB

And my own:

Lupusceleri: 923 average xp, 2048 DpB

As you see guys like West1000 have a much higher DpB while still having the average xp some of us pull off with approximately 1 shot less per battle. My own playstyle is more about waiting for someone else to take the first hit rather than going in guns blazing straight away.. I drive with Coated Optics instead of Rammer to spot things sooner, and will try my best to light things up for snipers while I am sitting safely behind cover. Obviously they're both good playstyles but it goes to show you can't pass judgement on a good player JUST by looking at the DpB.

I'll also leave this screenshot here.. zero damage dealt in the battle, but just by spotting and baiting other tanks out on the slope away from cover, I got something like 6 tanks killed by our snipers and SPGs.. and also had 3 out of 4 arti killed (last one was all the way up north behind the hill couldn't get to him without dieing).

http://img97.imagesh...640/shot102.jpg

I always aim to achieve my wins like this if I drive my mediums, not primarily by dealing damage of my own but by drawing them out into sniper fire.

Body_Count #59 Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64219 battles
  • [322] 322

First thing about your IS4 stats, yes they are good but its hard to believe that you played it totally without premium, to achieve 1100 avg xp on that tank you would need to make approx. lets say 2700-2900 dmg per battle.

Now seriously... do you think it would matter after 1200 battles if I played it for a weak with premium? Now now.. let's not forget, there was the anniversary... I probably played 500 games with premium that day or smth.. *sarcasm off

well, I don't know what you guys are doing, but I guess you're doing something wrong   :lol:  
You guys have speed limit remover on it? In many battles I get to some key points first (unless there is some is7 in team), which means I also spot them and shoot first, not to mention the flank I'm on, hardly ever fails, so I got free way to cap.

But no need to feel bad...few days back I had a 1:1 with is7 on malinovka training (no facehugging), since he claimed is4 can't bounce shit and stands no chance against is7 (73% win ratio in 800 games is7 that was) and I fucked him up. but I do hope we meet in some game so I can fuck you 2 pro's up too.  :Smile-izmena:

FootballFan #60 Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23485 battles
I have no idea how much games you can play in a week, that week was just an example and none of what I have said was meant to insult you or something just tried to figure it out cause numbers didnt add up in my opinion.

Personally I dont give a s... about someones statistics, I could have wrote what probably most people that read this thread think and it would be probably something like this "Omg that guy is driving best tier 9 medium and whines its not enough blablabla he should learn to play it properly" but no I tried to be gentle(lol) and give you some advice that you should focus not on the tank itself but rather on your mediums playstyle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users