Marks of Excellence Data - A new metric has been born (22.03.17) | Moecare > Trumpcare

Marks of Excellence Statnerds Mailand padder EU NA ASIA ACTUAL RATING

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

Aim_Drol #1 Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24807 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

POPULAR

I wanted to get the data of all players with 3 Marks of Excellence (MoE) and some related info, I couldn't really find any existing stuff so I wrote a program and spammed the WG API with millions of requests and put the data in a nice spreadsheet.

► SPREADSHEET EU Tanks► SPREADSHEET EU Players & Clans► SPREADSHEET CHANGES EU #13 → #14
► SPREADSHEET RU Tanks◄ ► SPREADSHEET RU Players & Clans► SPREADSHEET CHANGES RU #1 → #2

► SPREADSHEET NA► SPREADSHEET CHANGES NA #9 → #10 

► SPREADSHEET ASIA► SPREADSHEET CHANGES ASIA #7 → #8

The spreadsheets for EU and RU are split into 2 parts (one with only Marks on Tanks and the other one with the rest). In addition to that, I cannot have a hyperlink for every player in the first spreadsheet because of spreadsheet limitations.

Old versions

Last Updates

EU: #14: 11.03.2017

RU: #2: 11.11.2016

NA: #10: 22.03.2017

ASIA: #8: 20.10.2016

Spoiler

You can filter or sort the data using the following button:

If you want to edit the spreadsheets and/or work more comfortably with them, you can download the files via File > Download as > Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)

THE RATING

Each 3 MoE on a tank is worth a certain amount of points depending on the tier and tank type of the tank and the amount of players with 3 MoE on it (indicator for the difficulty). The rating of a player is the sum of points for each tank he 3-marked, rounded down to the nearest integer. The rating of a clan is the sum of the rating of its players. 

Keep in mind that this (currently) just me playing around with some numbers because it seemed like a fun thing to do.

Formulas:

Tank & Type %

This is the ratio of all generally available tanks (no premium or reward tanks, still researchable, at least 1 player with 3 MoE on it) per tier or tank type to the maximum possible amount. The latter is listed in the MoE Distribution spreadsheet.

Conclusions so far

1. I'm too lazy to update these all the time.
  2. IDEAL has once again been confirmed as subklanu of S3AL, they don't even have 60% of our amount of MoE 
  3. There are actually 3 guys with 3 MoE on the CGC. 

Want to check your current MoE status and don't want to wait for the next update?

You can use my WN8 Changes Tool. In addition to showing changes in WN8 ratings due to expected values changes, it also shows you how many 3/2/1 Marks of Excellence you have.

A couple of notes regarding the data

• I got the initial IDs from xvm dev seriych upon my request.
  • As I now have access to a server, I'm checking each possible ID of a server for a valid account (played at least one battle after the introduction of the MoE), so every accounts gets checked.
  • I do have some data for 2 MoE as well, but "you basically get them for playing 100 games on a tank"1 so I decided to not publish them
  • I did not collect the data for 1 MoE
  • For the spreadsheet to be viewable in google docs I had to dismiss any player or clan with less than a certain amount of MoE (marked by (X+) in the worksheet names). I do have a complete spreadsheet with them that I can upload if anyone is interested. I also cannot list every player with 3 MoE on a tank for each server due to limitations of google drive.
  • It takes a long time to completely update the data due to restraints of the WG API
  • I'm currently thinking about how to update the data about once a week in an effective manner

Sources/References

Edited by Aim_Drol, 25 March 2017 - 03:20 AM.

Nagib_v_Veka #2 Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22079 battles
  • [RE14X] RE14X
[edited]. This is a really interesting scale. :D

Edited by Neilloss46, 13 September 2015 - 05:19 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

RichardNixon #3 Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 4395 battles

View PostAim_Drol, on 06 September 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

• I'm currently thinking about how to update the data about once a week in an effective manner

You can do this in well under 12 hours with one PC and no ID list. Notes:

• The API is far quicker with async calls.
  • Account/info calls are batchable with up to 100 IDs.
  • last_battle_time can be used to determine which accounts need further API calls.

If you're only looking for 3rd MoEs, you can also use account/info data to filter out players who are very unlikely to have 3 MoEs in anything. WG-PR (global_rating in the API) should be good enough for this.

Atrevir #4 Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18500 battles
  • [PTS-D] PTS-D
Seems like I have to up my MOE game. Nice metric really if you ask me

SuedKAT #5 Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles

View PostAim_Drol, on 06 September 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

• I got the IDs from xvm dev seriych upon my request. He did not yet answer my question where these ID come from. I assume that these are all recently active players with stats in the xvm database.

My "derp for fun" account is in the list and I haven't logged into that for at least 6 months, apart from an occasional forum visit, since I use that as a shortcut to account management. Just to give you an idea how far back the data might go.

Nice work, was rather interesting to check certain tanks I've been grinding MoE on. Are there any obvious patterns or anything similar you found when going through the data? 

Fabunil #6 Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32044 battles

How many 3rd MOEs for super uni?

Which tanks are the best to pad 3rd MOEs?

So many questions ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Edited by Fabunil, 07 September 2015 - 01:36 AM.

RichardNixon #7 Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 4395 battles

View PostFabunil, on 07 September 2015 - 01:32 AM, said:

Which tanks are the best to pad 3rd MOEs?

Tanks with bad players, definitely. That means lower tiers and lines popular with newbies (eg IS-7, Tiger).

It's also likely that tanks with good skill-scaling (anything fast or with good premium ammo) are relatively easy to get MoEs with, but it's not clear because padders are also more likely to play them.

daddlar #8 Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30454 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Nailed it with Churchill GC. Easiest 3 MoE I've done.

Epic spreadsheet. It's beautiful.

Edited by daddlar, 07 September 2015 - 07:10 AM.

TankkiPoju #9 Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

General

• Player
  • 29678 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRichardNixon, on 07 September 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

Tanks with bad players, definitely. That means lower tiers and lines popular with newbies (eg IS-7, Tiger).

It's also likely that tanks with good skill-scaling (anything fast or with good premium ammo) are relatively easy to get MoEs with, but it's not clear because padders are also more likely to play them.

I think it's safe to say anything fast with with good pen or premium pen is a safe bet. You are correct these tanks are played by good players, but in contrast bad players also do REALLY bad in them which drags the average down.  For example, AMX CDC has pretty high expected WN8 damage, but how often do you see an CDC actually perform well in games? Not often.

In light tanks I have noticed the key is doing assist damage to get MoE score up.

spuriousmonkey #10 Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48682 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Is MoE actually a better metric because it uses assisted damage as well as vanilla damage?

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #11 Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

The MoE stat is partially based on average XP.

Does the calculation use the "base value" or does it add premium xp to the calculation?

And yes, better metric than WN8 (which is arbitrary as hell)

Bullet_LTU #12 Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35479 battles

Do we see a WNMOE arising?

UrQuan #13 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

General

• Player
  • 25079 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

A nice list! I'm quite surprised to see how many got a 3rd MoE on the ELC AMX. It's quite the jump from the one before. Can't imagine that the tank is more popular then some of the others listed. Also surprised there's only 1 player with a 3rd MoE with that french premium arty, considering how often you see it in combat in its appropriate tiers.

With all that said, anyone who has a 3rd MoE in a tank is one lethal mofo with it. Respect for anyone who got one.

AngelofAwe #14 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 43051 battles

Most MoEs - AMX ELC, Cromwell, Hellcat, T67.

So surprised, damn statpadders. :trollface:

P.S. Looks like I have to start playing low tiers, rank 288 with 10 is not stronk enough!

Edited by AngelofAwe, 07 September 2015 - 11:13 AM.

Dragos_CS #15 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30501 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Would be nice to give each tier a "weight" since this can be "padded" by playing tier 5-6 tanks for mad MoE. I think giving each set of MoE points equal to the vehicle tier (tier 5 - 5 points, tier 6 - 6 points and so on) is a nice approach if you actually want to make this a clan rating. Because well, i feel much better about my IS7, IS6, E5 marks than my T37, T-34 marks. Even then, its still easier to 3-mark two tier 5s than one tier 10.

I havent looked up the sheet, since it wont load, so excuse me if what i said is redundant.

UrQuan #16 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

General

• Player
  • 25079 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCartoonVillain, on 07 September 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

Getting MoE's in that thing is super hard! I've been playing it a lot recently for the Stug SPG missions and despite doing decent damage every game I don't even have the 1st MoE, which should be easy to get in theory.

Think there's two factors that make it hard in the french prem arty.

-1) It favors a more skill-focused approach rather then RNG (one of the few arties to do so) it has low damage, low pen, but high rof & accurate. Shooting at random targets won't net you good damage, but selecting damage opportunities will net you a better result.

-2) It's been removed for a while from the ingame shop, meaning people who still play it are already above average with this tank (none or very few bad players playing this), so getting an MoE in it means you have to outscore 65% of players that play good.

In other words, even a guy with a single MoE in the LeH french prem arty is a scary mofo who knows how to play this thing to win.

Troubledove #17 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48842 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostCartoonVillain, on 07 September 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Some of these numbers are crazy. 2592 players have grinded 3 MoE's on the AMX ELC? Is this correct?

I have. Not sure about the 2591 other, but I definately have.

AngelofAwe #18 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 43051 battles

View PostDragos_CS, on 07 September 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

Would be nice to give each tier a "weight" since this can be "padded" by playing tier 5-6 tanks for mad MoE. I think giving each set of MoE points equal to the vehicle tier (tier 5 - 5 points, tier 6 - 6 points and so on) is a nice approach if you actually want to make this a clan rating. Because well, i feel much better about my IS7, IS6, E5 marks than my T37, T-34 marks. Even then, its still easier to 3-mark two tier 5s than one tier 10.

I havent looked up the sheet, since it wont load, so excuse me if what i said is redundant.

The weight difference should be a lot more than that. I got 100% MoE in my T-34-85 on the experiment account where I went full F2P and without a single shell of premium, but I am unable to get 3 marks in most T10s even when I do my utmost. 10x the weight of T5 imo.

View PostCartoonVillain, on 07 September 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Some of these numbers are crazy. 2592 players have grinded 3 MoE's on the AMX ELC? Is this correct?

Yes that's correct. As you see some of the best and easiest padding tanks have the most MoEs.

Branna #19 Posted 07 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15561 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
Amagad wat is dis? I'm not in that list with my 12t! I'm disappoint :(

Aim_Drol #20 Posted 07 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24807 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostRichardNixon, on 07 September 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

You can do this in well under 12 hours with one PC and no ID list. Notes:

• The API is far quicker with async calls.
  • Account/info calls are batchable with up to 100 IDs.
  • last_battle_time can be used to determine which accounts need further API calls.

If you're only looking for 3rd MoEs, you can also use account/info data to filter out players who are very unlikely to have 3 MoEs in anything. WG-PR (global_rating in the API) should be good enough for this.

I don't have a lot of experience in working with async calls, I'll look into it. I already contancted the support about an increased request limit but I got declined. 

View PostSuedKAT, on 07 September 2015 - 01:26 AM, said:

My "derp for fun" account is in the list and I haven't logged into that for at least 6 months, apart from an occasional forum visit, since I use that as a shortcut to account management. Just to give you an idea how far back the data might go.

Nice work, was rather interesting to check certain tanks I've been grinding MoE on. Are there any obvious patterns or anything similar you found when going through the data? 

I could add the date the last battle was played on to allow for filtering out accounts inactive in the last months/weeks.

Obvious patterns would be that it's hard to get MoEs on high tier arties and CW reward tanks + on the Object 260. Arty is too RNG dependent to reliably perform better than almost every other player. Reward tanks generally have many high skill owners so it's quite hard to be better than them for a longer amount of battles.

View PostDragos_CS, on 07 September 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Actually the new metric thing was me goofing around for a catchy thread title. :bajan:

But for real: it could be done. Setting the weights is kinda arbritary though, because it's difficult to really quantify how hard 3 MoE on a certain tank are to get. But obviously 3 MoE on any arty should give you 0 rating. :trollface:

View PostAngelofAwe, on 07 September 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

The weight difference should be a lot more than that. I got 100% MoE in my T-34-85 on the experiment account where I went full F2P and without a single shell of premium, but I am unable to get 3 marks in most T10s even when I do my utmost. 10x the weight of T5 imo.

Yes that's correct. As you see some of the best and easiest padding tanks have the most MoEs.

Yep, low tier tanks are kinda easy to pad, as are T8 light tanks. :bajan:

View PostBranna, on 07 September 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

Amagad wat is dis? I'm not in that list with my 12t! I'm disappoint :(

Did you get your 3 marks in the last week? I did the last request on 30.08. I already heard that a guy in OMNI got 3 marks on his IS-5 after that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users