world of warplanes interview with GDN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

BishBoshBash #1 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles
[GDN] How many factions can we expect in the first launch of the game and how many aircraft?

Upon the release there’ll be three factions in World of Warplanes –  USSR, Germany and USA.  Afterwards, new nations will be added.

are you having a laugh wargaming? no uk planes spitfire/hurricane yet you are putting the none existent ussr planes in there,  you got to be off your heads ussr didnt even have enough planes to make a tech tree, the start line up should be uk,usa,german,japan, ussr had hardly nothing to do with air warfair in ww2 compaired to the other countries, on this info alone im not going to play word of warplanes the spitfire is the most iconic ww2 plane lol you have learned nothing of your mistakes in world of tanks

Katczinsky #2 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 21146 battles
There should be Japan instead of USSR I think.

Japan airplanes for the win =) They sure were better on building planes than building tanks

BishBoshBash #3 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles
its hard to pick cos usa,uk,german and japan all had good planes and lots of them but to put ussr planes in there over japan and uk is just stupid at best, im stating to think war gaming  knows nothing of wars at all

Katczinsky #4 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 21146 battles
well they did have Ilyushin Il 2 Shturmovik  wich was quite good.

BishBoshBash #5 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostKatczinsky, on 19 August 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:

come on 1 plane and it was still crap compared with the other nations plane, the Yak-3 was about the best they had

lfcfan #6 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11471 battles

The IL-2 was a ground attack plane and unless we'll have some ground attacking mechanism in the game, we won't even see that plane on the game because it was not agile enough to fight in dog fights.

Scilya #7 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6143 battles
the uk WAS the air power of the war we had the best planes wtf man. rusha had practicaly nothing good. the usa had some good stuff but overall british planes were way better. how the hell can u make an warplane game without the british we WERE the air power of the damn war we are most famous for it. i mean next thing ur gonna be saying that england isent gonna start in world of battleships iether.
i mean COMMON

Le_Petit_Lapin #8 Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9777 battles

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

you got to be off your heads ussr didnt even have enough planes to make a tech tree,

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

come on 1 plane and it was still crap compared with the other nations plane, the Yak-3 was about the best they had

I think you need to go back an learn a bit of history before you make such silly remarks in future. The USSR had plenty of planes in WW2.
Heres a list of ones that were used in active service:

Lavochkin LaGG-1,3,
Lavochkin La-5,7,
MiG-1,3,
Polikarpov I-15,I-16,
Yakovlev Yak-1,3,7,9
Ilyushin Il-2,4,6
Petlyakov Pe-2
Pe-8
Sukhoi Su-2
Tupolev SB
Tupolev Tu-2
Polikarpov Po-2

This only includes ones used, not prototypes and not post war, if you want to carry on to 1950's theres many more, YaK mades some decent jets, and of course you have the MiG-9's. Soviet Union has plenty of planes for that time period.

Also don't forget that Wargaming has the most players on their Russian servers, so they most definately want to cater to that market first.

I'm British, so obviously I want to see Spitfires, Mosquitos, etc, but I can fully understand them wanting to satisify their biggest markets first.

Dr_Nooooo #9 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles
Well, in WoT we got 3 server groups and 3 nations and it'll be probably the same in WoWP, so it's just logical:

For the Russian Servergroup there are Soviet planes
For the American Servergroup there are US planes
For the European Servergroup there are German planes

View PostScilya, on 19 August 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

the uk WAS the air power of the war we had the best planes wtf man. rusha had practicaly nothing good. the usa had some good stuff but overall british planes were way better. how the hell can u make an warplane game without the british we WERE the air power of the damn war we are most famous for it. i mean next thing ur gonna be saying that england isent gonna start in world of battleships iether.
i mean COMMON

THE airpower, the major of all participating countries in World War II? I don't think so, the Luftwaffe and US-Airforce were both a lot stronger.

lfcfan #10 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11471 battles

View PostScilya, on 19 August 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

i mean COMMON

That was Germany earlier and USA later. The RAF nearly got annihilated if not for some stupid mistakes by the Germans during the battle of britain.

mondog #11 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14599 battles
No UK planes? Not going to play this anyway. Not a sim and can never match il2 in any way shape or form.

I don't know if good was the right word for a plane shot down in thr tens of thousands, literally. It's certainly one of if not the most mass produced plane of all time

mondog #12 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14599 battles

View Postlfcfan, on 19 August 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

That was Germany earlier and USA later. The RAF nearly got annihilated if not for some stupid mistakes by the Germans during the battle of britain.

And who was fighting Germany? The us hardly had any aircraft in combat until 1943 in Europe. Even then it wasn't until 1944 they actually pulled there thumb out.

The battle of Britain was 5 years before the end of the war, the raf did quite allot more than fight one battle.

When Britain stood alone, while the ussr was supplying resources to Hitler and the us did nothing the raf was shooting down Germans quite happily. Bit of a travesty to not include one of the major nations.

I think you need to visit some production figures. I believe there is a verified statistic done after the war the raf dropped the greatest tonnage in bombs of all the combative nations.

FilipMinee #13 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostDr_Nooooo, on 19 August 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well, in WoT we got 3 server groups and 3 nations and it'll be probably the same in WoWP, so it's just logical:

For the Russian Servergroup there are Soviet planes
For the American Servergroup there are US planes
For the European Servergroup there are German planes

THE airpower, the major of all participating countries in World War II? I don't think so, the Luftwaffe and US-Airforce were both a lot stronger.
i agree

PanzerKnacker #14 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5654 battles

View Postmondog, on 19 August 2011 - 06:27 PM, said:

And who was fighting Germany? The us hardly had any aircraft in combat until 1943 in Europe. Even then it wasn't until 1944 they actually pulled there thumb out.

The battle of Britain was 5 years before the end of the war, the raf did quite allot more than fight one battle.

When Britain stood alone, while the ussr was supplying resources to Hitler and the us did nothing the raf was shooting down Germans quite happily. Bit of a travesty to not include one of the major nations.

I think you need to visit some production figures. I believe there is a verified statistic done after the war the raf dropped the greatest tonnage in bombs of all the combative nations.

Which is something to be proud of I presume?

RAF was almost, I say almost annihilated in 1940. Ofc they rebuilt themselves later on, and they might have saved ENgland, but I think H-man never seriously intended to invade UK. And they only went crazy with the numbers in 1943 or so and them BOMB EM ALL campaigns, the Germans bombing and strafing massive shit since 1939!

So don't act like UK won the war alone. They're gonna be in WoWP and in WOB...maybe in WoT too.

Scilya #15 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6143 battles

View Postlfcfan, on 19 August 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

lol what?
usa (as allways) dident do much early on and even at the end they mostly sucked they just braught a ton of fodder XD
england had the best planes far better than the american dribble. germany made some good stuff but RAF was THE airpower of the war and we stood alone for so long

Scilya #16 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6143 battles

View PostPanzerKnacker, on 19 August 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Which is something to be proud of I presume?

RAF was almost, I say almost annihilated in 1940. Ofc they rebuilt themselves later on, and they might have saved ENgland, but I think H-man never seriously intended to invade UK. And they only went crazy with the numbers in 1943 or so and them BOMB EM ALL campaigns, the Germans bombing and strafing massive shit since 1939!

So don't act like UK won the war alone. They're gonna be in WoWP and in WOB...maybe in WoT too.

fail go to school

BishBoshBash #17 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostLe_Petit_Lapin, on 19 August 2011 - 05:59 PM, said:

I think you need to go back an learn a bit of history before you make such silly remarks in future. The USSR had plenty of planes in WW2.
Heres a list of ones that were used in active service:

Lavochkin LaGG-1,3,
Lavochkin La-5,7,
MiG-1,3,
Polikarpov I-15,I-16,
Yakovlev Yak-1,3,7,9
Ilyushin Il-2,4,6
Petlyakov Pe-2
Pe-8
Sukhoi Su-2
Tupolev SB
Tupolev Tu-2
Polikarpov Po-2

This only includes ones used, not prototypes and not post war, if you want to carry on to 1950's theres many more, YaK mades some decent jets, and of course you have the MiG-9's. Soviet Union has plenty of planes for that time period.

Also don't forget that Wargaming has the most players on their Russian servers, so they most definately want to cater to that market first.

I'm British, so obviously I want to see Spitfires, Mosquitos, etc, but I can fully understand them wanting to satisify their biggest markets first.

and if you read the paying stats on world of tanks the euro server spends far more cash than the russian server, so in business terms the euro server is the one you would need to please more, and all them planes you listed was crap the ussr never played any major role in ether ww1 or ww2 with there airforce

Le_Petit_Lapin #18 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9777 battles

View Postmondog, on 19 August 2011 - 06:27 PM, said:

Total USAAF 1,463,423 Tons 52.8%
Total RAF 1,307,117 Tons 47.2%
Grand Total 2,770,540 Tons 100.0%

http://en.wikipedia....1939.E2.80.9345

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

...and all them planes you listed was crap the ussr never played any major role in ether ww1 or ww2 with there airforce

:Smile_harp:

WillWeedzor #19 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2473 battles
Neg.rep me to the deepest pit they have in hell,but this is not World of Warplanes gameplay forum,neither World of Battleships gameplay forum and certainly not the Discussion of news articles:)

In fact we just happen to be in World of Tanks gameplay forum,somehow.Which may also suggest that this forum serve as place to discuss the World of Tanks gameplay and bullshits that people made in their head and somehow connected it with WoT...

Now we have to face two facts

1)OP didnt made this WoWp stuff in his head
2)Its not about WoT gameplay,not all.

Ask yourself,why should post something about WoWp in WoT gameplay forum?Where is the logic behind it?What prevent me from posting this in off-topic where it belongs?Or somewhere else?

Because even tattooed on forehead,its still better place then WoT gameplay forum....

And perhaps its suprising to some,but there is still few who dont think that promises of yet another eternal beta are not in place right now.Why the hell i should care about WoWp and even be informed every week when this game still lacks tracers and its easier to make shit sing opera then someone in WG to speak about them.

Dr_Nooooo #20 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles

View PostScilya, on 19 August 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

fail go to school

U fail. No facts, just gibberish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users