world of warplanes interview with GDN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Listy #21 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12157 battles
I loved the comment about “The development and progress line we've used for World of Tanks turned hugely popular,”. No it hasn't! Maybe in your world this system has been, but as you can see from the forums there's been a number of people who have spoken out about this System.

Then there's this little video:
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Funny thing is those Allied planes look awfully like MKVB Spitfire, as flown by 302 Squadron (Polish), Royal Air Force. Not sure what's with the other flight of Spitfires belonged too, as TL codes were only used by 35 Squadron (Halifax and Lancaster). Not sure why the 302 ones have tropical filters on either.

Would you believe that I'm not that much of a plane spotter as I am a tank spotter?

PanzerKnacker #22 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:48 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5654 battles

View PostScilya, on 19 August 2011 - 06:37 PM, said:

fail go to school

No, my good sir, you fail.

BishBoshBash #23 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostWillWeedzor, on 19 August 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

Neg.rep me to the deepest pit they have in hell,but this is not World of Warplanes gameplay forum,neither World of Battleships gameplay forum and certainly not the Discussion of news articles:)

In fact we just happen to be in World of Tanks gameplay forum,somehow.Which may also suggest that this forum serve as place to discuss the World of Tanks gameplay and bullshits that people made in their head and somehow connected it with WoT...

Now we have to face two facts

1)OP didnt made this WoWp stuff in his head
2)Its not about WoT gameplay,not all.

Ask yourself,why should post something about WoWp in WoT gameplay forum?Where is the logic behind it?What prevent me from posting this in off-topic where it belongs?Or somewhere else?

Because even tattooed on forehead,its still better place then WoT gameplay forum....

And perhaps its suprising to some,but there is still few who dont think that promises of yet another eternal beta are not in place right now.Why the hell i should care about WoWp and even be informed every week when this game still lacks tracers and its easier to make shit sing opera then someone in WG to speak about them.

for 1 the games will be linked with exp and at some point might be linked with clan wars and the other is there is no world of war planes forums to talk in about it and here is the link to the interview so it was not made up http://www.gamersdai...005-page-1.html no one is forcing you to ether read or post in this thread so if you have nothing to add to the topic of any use please go troll somewhere else

PanzerKnacker #24 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 5654 battles

View PostListy, on 19 August 2011 - 06:43 PM, said:

I loved the comment about “The development and progress line we've used for World of Tanks turned hugely popular,”. No it hasn't! Maybe in your world this system has been, but as you can see from the forums there's been a number of people who have spoken out about this System.

Then there's this little video:
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

Funny thing is those Allied planes look awfully like MKVB Spitfire, as flown by 302 Squadron (Polish), Royal Air Force. Not sure what's with the other flight of Spitfires belonged too, as TL codes were only used by 35 Squadron (Halifax and Lancaster). Not sure why the 302 ones have tropical filters on either.

Would you believe that I'm not that much of a plane spotter as I am a tank spotter?

You sure it ain't 303rd?

Listy #25 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12157 battles

View PostPanzerKnacker, on 19 August 2011 - 06:49 PM, said:

You sure it ain't 303rd?

http://www.ibiblio.o...ce/markings.txt

"WX-C   Spitfire VB 1942 302"

Edit:
Oh my theory for never including the British is as follows: Us Brits were just so damn good at making Tanks/planes we had to be left out otherwise we'd show every one else up. I mean the Centurion is going to curb stomp just about every other tank, and the Sea Fury is going to make most (all?) of the Jets look awfully bloody silly!

PzPionier #26 Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19861 battles
Instead of 3 nations to start from, with quite large trees, i would also prefer more starting nations to the cost of smaller trees in the beginning.
For example GB, Japan and France had some nice fighters!

For example the french Dewoitine D.520. Nearly 40 km/h slower than a Messerschmitt BF109, it was more maneuverable and had better characteristics in diving and climbing.
Many german veterans stated it was tough enemy for the Messerschmitt fighters. The germans saw the qualities and equipped some allies like Finland, Italy and Romania with these
planes. They even used some of them in the Luftwaffe, mostly as training planes.

"Beutefahrzeug" (loot vehicle) - Dewoitine D.520 with Iron Cross marking
Posted Image

Schurmeyer #27 Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 36615 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlfcfan, on 19 August 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

The IL-2 was a ground attack plane and unless we'll have some ground attacking mechanism in the game, we won't even see that plane on the game because it was not agile enough to fight in dog fights.

On reading the interview it looks like ground targets will need to be destroyed for a win. So no doubt we will be hearing the screams of "IL2 is OP!!! 1111" :lol:

Asdasdqwerty #28 Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
i want to fly the Fiat G.55! One of the most beautiful aircraft

Posted Image

FilipMinee #29 Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

ussr never played any major role in ether ww1 or ww2 with there airforce

L O L i will not comment on nonsense in first post

also soviets had both spitfires and hurricanes and fought germans in them. I expect tehm to be something like Churchil and matilda... tier 4 or tier 5 premium aircraft ( mid tier ).

Posted Image

Soviets and USA and Germany makes most sense.

FilipMinee #30 Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostAsdasdqwerty, on 19 August 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

i want to fly the Fiat G.55! One of the most beautiful aircraft

Posted Image

excellent plane !

FilipMinee #31 Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostSchurmeyer, on 19 August 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

On reading the interview it looks like ground targets will need to be destroyed for a win. So no doubt we will be hearing the screams of "IL2 is OP!!! 1111" :lol:

stukas as well :)

yams42000 #32 Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10769 battles
  • [FNFL] FNFL
French Arsenal VG33

http://www.google.fr...=1t:429,r:0,s:0

BishBoshBash #33 Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostStormscion, on 19 August 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

L O L i will not comment on nonsense in first post

also soviets had both spitfires and hurricanes and fought germans in them. I expect tehm to be something like Churchil and matilda... tier 4 or tier 5 premium aircraft ( mid tier ).

Posted Image

Soviets and USA and Germany makes most sense.

i dont care if the ussr flown spitfires the spitfire was ENGLISH PLANE, all the ussr had going for them was mass produced numbers and then they was the country with the most shot down planes, if you think its nonesence then prove it

Le_Petit_Lapin #34 Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9777 battles

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

i dont care if the ussr flown spitfires the spitfire was ENGLISH PLANE, all the ussr had going for them was mass produced numbers and then they was the country with the most shot down planes, if you think its nonesence then prove it

That's because they didn't train their pilots very well, not because there was anything wrong with the planes themselves. I'd love to get me a YaK-7.

Go play a few rounds of IL:2 1946 online with a Russian plane. They're decent wee things!

lfcfan #35 Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11471 battles

View Postmondog, on 19 August 2011 - 06:27 PM, said:

And who was fighting Germany? The us hardly had any aircraft in combat until 1943 in Europe. Even then it wasn't until 1944 they actually pulled there thumb out.

That's why I said USA later. Late in the war, after D-day, nobody could match USA's Air Power no matter how good you think Britain was.

View Postmondog, on 19 August 2011 - 06:27 PM, said:

The battle of Britain was 5 years before the end of the war, the raf did quite allot more than fight one battle.

When Britain stood alone, while the ussr was supplying resources to Hitler and the us did nothing the raf was shooting down Germans quite happily. Bit of a travesty to not include one of the major nations.

I think you need to visit some production figures. I believe there is a verified statistic done after the war the raf dropped the greatest tonnage in bombs of all the combative nations.

Germany could have smashed the RAF to bits if they didn't make that mistake of bombing London and continuing with that tactic. The Spitfire and Hurricane were awesome planes, but the RAF had too few of them to be able to withstand the Luftwafe.

Most bombs Britain dropped were in the night, 95% of the time missing targets by five miles, and killing mostly civilians on top of that. Is this the air power you're talking about?

Germany had to fight the Soviets, Americans too, who were doing real damage to their war efforts rather than just bombing the crap out of cities.

lfcfan #36 Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11471 battles

View PostScilya, on 19 August 2011 - 06:36 PM, said:

lol what?
usa (as allways) dident do much early on and even at the end they mostly sucked they just braught a ton of fodder XD
england had the best planes far better than the american dribble. germany made some good stuff but RAF was THE airpower of the war and we stood alone for so long

THE airpower of the war? lol!

As I said, the Germans made too many stupid mistakes, otherwise, Sea Lion would have come without a doubt and who knows how WWII would have played out...

mil71 #37 Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8480 battles
Gotta please them uncivilised monkeys!

Gotta bring the British planes in later, us civalised people need to wait a bit longer.... (Though they will make the russian planes strong and the british/german and american planes crap... Yak-3 good? Was piece of crap compared to the other nations planes!)

Made me laugh hard in the interview when he said that basically russian planes are not crap.

Tuccy #38 Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Czech Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 14479 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postmil71, on 19 August 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

Gotta please them uncivilised monkeys!

Gotta bring the British planes in later, us civalised people need to wait a bit longer.... (Though they will make the russian planes strong and the british/german and american planes crap... Yak-3 good? Was piece of crap compared to the other nations planes!)

Made me laugh hard in the interview when he said that basically russian planes are not crap.

Re. bolded bit, French pilots who flew them during the war would disagree.

Now to official business, this is not WoT gameplay topic, moving to Offtopic.

BattleMetalChris #39 Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9248 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
A thread on a forum about the WW2 air-war that has turned into arguing over what the British and the American air-forces did or didn't do?

Whatever next.

FilipMinee #40 Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

It is apparent that most of the players want to fly those planes and they will be able to. If red star on it bothers you , i guess you will be able to reskin it , if you dont want to do that ... well what can i say ... they obviously want one nation per continent or per market so you cant kick Germans out and bring in Brits... sad but true. Deal with it :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users