world of warplanes interview with GDN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

BishBoshBash #41 Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostStormscion, on 19 August 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

It is apparent that most of the players want to fly those planes and they will be able to. If red star on it bothers you , i guess you will be able to reskin it , if you dont want to do that ... well what can i say ... they obviously want one nation per continent or per market so you cant kick Germans out and bring in Brits... sad but true. Deal with it :)

why should i have the fly the spitfire with a red star on it, its british so ether put the british planes in under a british tech tree or dont put them in at all

power4 #42 Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10346 battles
[GDN] So, World of Warships coming soon?

In fact we just announced it today at GamesCom 2011.

where we can find that?

Listy #43 Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 12157 battles

View Postlfcfan, on 19 August 2011 - 09:00 PM, said:

As I said, the Germans made too many stupid mistakes, otherwise, Sea Lion would have come without a doubt and who knows how WWII would have played out...

Really?
Care to support that with those pesky things called "facts"?

Lets review a few shall we:
The Luftwaffe at maximum effort managed to knock out two of 11 Groups airfields. That just left 10, 12 and 13 groups untouched. The attacks on 12 group resulted in a total rout. SO the RAF was never anywhere near destroyed. In fact if those squadrons in 11 Group got destroyed that still leaves 13 group untouched, and 10 and 12 groups with light casualties.

Sealion was a total disaster from start to finish. The German's invasion fleet was out numbered 10-1 in warships. The Germans also planned to land more troops along a wider front than on D-day. However they planned this with less warships and logistical planning.

The invasion would be won in 12 hours, although mopping up might take a couple of days.

sempio #44 Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
ussr have a very good planes. http://www.airwar.ru/fighterww2.html
you can read Hans-Werner Lerche. Luftwaffe Test Pilot: Flying captured Allied Aircraft of World War 2.

tvih #45 Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10131 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

you got to be off your heads ussr didnt even have enough planes to make a tech tree, the start line up should be uk,usa,german,japan, ussr had hardly nothing to do with air warfair in ww2 compaired to the other countries
This quote contains so much fail that I don't even know where to begin. So I guess I'll just stop before I even begin :facepalmic:

Which is not to say the Brits don't deserve to be in from the start - they do.

FenrirGW #46 Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2326 battles
Whatever next? I suppose we'll have to wait for the French tree here too before us brits get our chance  <_<

Hey...at least we all know that the Royal Navy, and Japan, will take priority over...what ever the Soviets had, in World of Battleships...

right?

:unsure:  :blink:

If they still use the same system there, it will be a major fail.

BishBoshBash #47 Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View Posttvih, on 20 August 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

This quote contains so much fail that I don't even know where to begin. So I guess I'll just stop before I even begin :facepalmic:

Which is not to say the Brits don't deserve to be in from the start - they do.

all talk prove it? the russians didnt play any major part in ww1 or ww2 when it comes to air combat simple as, the ussr was good at mass producing planes but they also was shot down 15 to 1 when it came to any other nation stats in air combat in both wars

tvih #48 Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10131 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostB4U2, on 20 August 2011 - 09:28 AM, said:

all talk prove it? the russians didnt play any major part in ww1 or ww2 when it comes to air combat simple as, the ussr was good at mass producing planes but they also was shot down 15 to 1 when it came to any other nation stats in air combat in both wars
So you think tens of thousands of planes played no major part? Are you really that deluded and/or dense? On a quick count of production numbers of the most common planes, the USSR had at least around 65 000 fighter planes produced of the models used in World War II, starting from I-15 and ending with La-5 (La-7 was also produced but I don't know how many prior to the war ending, so it's not included in the figure). And this is just fighter planes. There's attack planes like the IL-2 (almost 30 000 produced) and of course bombers in addition. Apparently during the war, they made 125 000 combat planes total, plus additionally they of course received planes from the lend-lease program (apparently about 12% of their plane count was from lend-lease).

Yes, their pilots were mostly poorly trained, just like their ground troops and therefore they got shot down a lot, but that hardly means they played no major part. Or was the Soviet armored force also a minor part, after all they lost hell of a lot more tanks than they destroyed? Same can be said for their infantry. In fact here's a "funny" quote from Wikipedia (hardly the best source, but can't be bothered with anything else right now):  "The world's largest military Air Force by the start of the Second World War in 1939 was the Red Air Force, and although much depleted, it would stage the largest air operations of WWII over the four years of combat with the German Luftwaffe."

It would even be more accurate to say the German Luftwaffe didn't play a major part in the later parts of the war, simply because they barely had any planes left to fly with. On that note, another fitting quote: "Towards the end of the war, the Luftwaffe was no longer a major factor, and despite fielding advanced aircraft like the Messerschmitt Me 262, Heinkel He 162, Arado Ar 234, and Me 163 it was crippled by fuel shortages and a lack of trained pilots." And the USSR certainly had their fair share in the role of depleting the Luftwaffe into uselessness. Given that the war on the Eastern front was much more intense and prolonged compared to the West, I'd go as far as saying it had the largest role in said depletion.

So, now YOU go ahead and prove how insignificant the "Red Air Force" really was. So far all you've provided is your very uninformed opinion.

FilipMinee #49 Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostB4U2, on 19 August 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

why should i have the fly the spitfire with a red star on it, its british so ether put the british planes in under a british tech tree or dont put them in at all

Because if they introduce soviet tech tree then they can add not just soviet planes ( they are numerous ) but also British , while if they add British they cant add soviet planes as there premiums ( since they didnt use soviet planes ). Also they are adding soviet planes to appeal to the Russian market. So ether have British tree or have soviet tree with some British and USA planes as premiums.

BishBoshBash #50 Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View PostStormscion, on 20 August 2011 - 12:47 PM, said:

Because if they introduce soviet tech tree then they can add not just soviet planes ( they are numerous ) but also British , while if they add British they cant add soviet planes as there premiums ( since they didnt use soviet planes ). Also they are adding soviet planes to appeal to the Russian market. So ether have British tree or have soviet tree with some British and USA planes as premiums.

i dont care the spitfire was british simple as and to put it under the russian flag is not right

BishBoshBash #51 Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8113 battles

View Posttvih, on 20 August 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

So you think tens of thousands of planes played no major part? Are you really that deluded and/or dense? On a quick count of production numbers of the most common planes, the USSR had at least around 65 000 fighter planes produced of the models used in World War II, starting from I-15 and ending with La-5 (La-7 was also produced but I don't know how many prior to the war ending, so it's not included in the figure). And this is just fighter planes. There's attack planes like the IL-2 (almost 30 000 produced) and of course bombers in addition. Apparently during the war, they made 125 000 combat planes total, plus additionally they of course received planes from the lend-lease program (apparently about 12% of their plane count was from lend-lease).

Yes, their pilots were mostly poorly trained, just like their ground troops and therefore they got shot down a lot, but that hardly means they played no major part. Or was the Soviet armored force also a minor part, after all they lost hell of a lot more tanks than they destroyed? Same can be said for their infantry. In fact here's a "funny" quote from Wikipedia (hardly the best source, but can't be bothered with anything else right now):  "The world's largest military Air Force by the start of the Second World War in 1939 was the Red Air Force, and although much depleted, it would stage the largest air operations of WWII over the four years of combat with the German Luftwaffe."

It would even be more accurate to say the German Luftwaffe didn't play a major part in the later parts of the war, simply because they barely had any planes left to fly with. On that note, another fitting quote: "Towards the end of the war, the Luftwaffe was no longer a major factor, and despite fielding advanced aircraft like the Messerschmitt Me 262, Heinkel He 162, Arado Ar 234, and Me 163 it was crippled by fuel shortages and a lack of trained pilots." And the USSR certainly had their fair share in the role of depleting the Luftwaffe into uselessness. Given that the war on the Eastern front was much more intense and prolonged compared to the West, I'd go as far as saying it had the largest role in said depletion.

So, now YOU go ahead and prove how insignificant the "Red Air Force" really was. So far all you've provided is your very uninformed opinion.

all your post says is they had the most planes but what did they do with them? nothing, anyone can google facts its easy so please google some facts that tell us the major role they played in both world wars with there airforce

FilipMinee #52 Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostB4U2, on 20 August 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

i dont care the spitfire was british simple as and to but his under the russian flag is not right

so its about ideology and nationalism and not really about planes them selves ... that is what i suspected.

Scilya #53 Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6143 battles

View PostStormscion, on 20 August 2011 - 04:04 PM, said:

so its about ideology and nationalism and not really about planes them selves ... that is what i suspected.
the SPITFIRE was British made in england by english people flown by english pilots its a frikking ENGLISH plane it is THE most ICONIC plane of the war and its ENGLISH not russian not german not frikking swiss. to put it under a different flag is an insult to the guys who flew and made it

Dr_Nooooo #54 Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 13211 battles

View PostScilya, on 20 August 2011 - 04:41 PM, said:

the SPITFIRE was British made in england by english people flown by english pilots its a frikking ENGLISH plane it is THE most ICONIC plane of the war and its ENGLISH not russian not german not frikking swiss. to put it under a different flag is an insult to the guys who flew and made it

No it is not, as many Spitfires were produced in order to transport them to the USSR, where they saw action with soviet pilots.

Stwic #55 Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7898 battles
It should be USA,Germany,UK,Japan and USSR but with a small amount of planes in the tech trees... Latter they can add the rest... But the start should be like that...

Stwic #56 Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7898 battles
God damn it double post -.-'

FilipMinee #57 Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostScilya, on 20 August 2011 - 04:41 PM, said:

yea but what pixels in some random video game have to do with plane ... real machine that was used in WWII ? If you play on computer with "british" pixels it makes you more ... what ? Patriotic ? I though games are for fun ... you play them to have fun. If you dont play soviet planes because they have red star , or german because of iron cross then you have some serious issues :)

FilipMinee #58 Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17616 battles
  • [BE_NL] BE_NL

View PostDr_Nooooo, on 20 August 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

No it is not, as many Spitfires were produced in order to transport them to the USSR, where they saw action with soviet pilots.

Yep , soviet pilots flew , fought and died in there spitfires. They were sold to USSR with lend lease program. Therefor it was British produced plane , but was used not just by royal airforce :) His h8 is very irrational. Planes , tanks and battleshps are tools not real people you should admire LOL , ofc great tool and its makers and crafter and desginers should be appreciated and celebrated but it looks like he has more respect to the objects then people that flew them ... fetishism is running strong in the internets LOL but true.
Also having such rage over flag on random pixels in the video game is very disturbing as well :/

tvih #59 Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10131 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

View PostB4U2, on 20 August 2011 - 01:55 PM, said:

all your post says is they had the most planes but what did they do with them? nothing, anyone can google facts its easy so please google some facts that tell us the major role they played in both world wars with there airforce
And none of your posts give any credibility to your claim that they didn't do anything. And if 4 years of fighting the Luftwaffe, in the process depleting it into uselessness is "doing nothing", then I don't know what "doing something" is. You're just being purposefully ignorant. You honestly think 125 000 combat planes did nothing to affect the outcome of the war? Soviets also had the highest-scoring fighter aces from the Allied side of the war, not your precious Brits or even the Yanks.

Not to mention the "ussr didnt even have enough planes to make a tech tree" comment in your original post not only being blatantly false, but it also demonstrates your level of knowledge on the subject (i.e: zero).

I could look up a wide variety of credible sources for proof, but it'd be a waste of my time and it's not like someone who is purposefully dense would be swayed by facts anyway.

Nathaniak #60 Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11842 battles
UK, definatly. To do otherwise is an insult to those brave pilots who defended Britian during the war. UK soldiers were dying for what they believed in years before the americans saw fit to truly stand up to Hitler. Why are they in there?

BTW, don't be surprised if the soviet tier 10 is a Mig-35...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users