Rare premium tanks and (community) contests

rare tanks premium contests HUD Hunt Us Down Community contests specials giveaways

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

_DynamicGameplay_ #1 Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42902 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

The questions I am about to ask are mainly pointed towards WG EU staff, but instead of sending private message, I am posting it here so everybody can see them and can join the discussion...

I like collecting tanks, especially rare ones, and I am very well aware that some of them are being part of exclusive deals and won't be given away just like that (like Pz2J for example).

However, A LOT of tanks have never been introduced yet neither as part of any exclusive deal nor by any other means, but are available on test and press accounts. I am talking about tier 6 and lower tanks... http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Premium_Tanks

A lot of times one could read that a certain tank is being removed and "Instead, this vehicle will be used as a special reward for events."

So how long one does have to wait to get such opportunity?

Does anyone remember famous HUD clan? Whatever happened to it?

It was a pure myth to meet a golden tank in battle and getting to kill one was a pure rush and fun!

Only in a VERY SHORT period of time you could see them more often on battlefield and they would announce themselves in General Chat. And then the whole thing got shut down...

I know you're trying to bring more players to US servers, but neglecting EU server in every possible way, starting from events and specials to giveaways is really not cool.

Also, if I am not mistaken, US has 3 clans doing it and seeing one of those there is not that rare... So how come they can do that, and we can't have 1?

And what is it with Community events?

There are few things I really don't understand... Why each community has it's own separated contests (some communities have none at all, some have more often than others) instead of making every community make the same content for their own community so nobody is excluded? Why English community has none and is least frequent among those who used to organize such events?

And why it's not as frequent as it used to be 2 and more years ago?

I am aware that you're trying to take the load off by passing organizing such things to Community Contributors, but am I supposed to leave work or stop playing this game so I can watch all possible streams in order to maybe get the chance to participate in any other additional content?

Looking forward to replies, especially those from Community Coordinators/Managers.

Edited by __Napoleon__, 26 September 2015 - 05:16 AM.

_DynamicGameplay_ #2 Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42902 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF
Oh, and you sad haters who just press -1, if you don't agree with anything said above (and I really don't see why you wouldn't, since those are not opinions but facts), it would be nice of you if you would post an argument or two, participate in discussion and be constructive for a change...

SastusBulbas #3 Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35553 battles

What tanks in particular are you thinking about?

No recollection of HUD being famous for anything, or even much memory of said clan?

_DynamicGameplay_ #4 Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42902 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

I gave the link above, I am sure you will find at least a few tanks in that list...

On the side note, those neg rep trolls just amuse me and I would love to meet them in real life! :justwait:

Edited by __Napoleon__, 26 September 2015 - 04:04 PM.

SastusBulbas #5 Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35553 battles

I am aware of the list, also of tanks it does not contain, for instance there were two AMX 57's, a standard AMX 13 57 with no F suffix or WGEU logo, some players like you who competed in the WGEU ESL relevant tourny have both.

But what exactly is there on that list that you feel should be a prize or whatever in some manner?

Premium tanks I do not have, that I personally would like to have are the following,  the KV-220 Beta Test, ISU-130, IS-5, Obj 260, MTLS-1G14, M4 Improved, T28 Concept, T95E2, 59 Patton, Pz.Kpwf. V/IV Alpha, T-55A, VK.72.01, ESL reward AMX 13-57 variant. Some are available in personal missions, some I doubt I will ever have the chance to purchase or earn.

I do think some will never be available, the KV-220 Beta Test, and PZ V/IV Alpha were specific, the MTLS-1G14 was never released outside the test server or press accounts. The ISU-130, M4 Improved, 59 Patton, these have not yet been available on EU.

Edited by SastusBulbas, 26 September 2015 - 05:06 PM.

_DynamicGameplay_ #6 Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42902 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

Well you just answered your question yourself. :)

I would like to get my hands on ANY tank I currently don't have, one that caught my interest a long time ago is M3 Light for example...

Apropos of 13 57, yes, it may seem I have both 13 57s, but I ensure you I don't.

I won the 13 57 with WGL decals, but got normal 13 57 on which camo could be applied instead. After pointing it out to a certain individual in staff, I promptly received 13 57 with decals only after normal 13 57 was removed. Naturally, I played with normal one before it would be removed, so you can still see it in my stats. :great:

Can't say for other participants/winners of that contest...

Edited by __Napoleon__, 26 September 2015 - 06:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users