WoT Dossier Tool

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

war4peace #41 Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 23645 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It is implemented; you have a button called "Update" - where you can overwrite previous data with the latest cache data. Ta-daa :)

Phalynx #42 Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7596 battles
  • [MTW] MTW
You didn't understand my post - I'm using this function and I want to see a CHART of my progress, based on the history of uploaded dossiers.

Anaxagoras #43 Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29005 battles
  • [MDIV] MDIV
@Phalynx: with the CSV-Function and a little knowing of Excel (or similar) u can create ur own progress charts!

@AlongTheMilwyWays: very very very big THANK YOU (+1 is applied).
I appreciate your work very much!

war4peace #44 Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:26 AM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 23645 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPhalynx, on 20 September 2011 - 02:27 PM, said:

You didn't understand my post - I'm using this function and I want to see a CHART of my progress, based on the history of uploaded dossiers.

Oh, sort of like a diff file.
Use CSV and Excel; Or even better, make a Tebleau Public account and use the CSVs with that software; it is indeed a great reporting tool!

Phalynx #45 Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7596 battles
  • [MTW] MTW
Thanks for that hint with Tableau, will try that.

Theurge #46 Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Tableau is a kickass tool--I discovered it last week when hunting for a way to visualize enormously boring work figures. Highly recommended for enormously boring work figures as well as hugely fascinating WoT figures.

AlongTheMilkyWays #47 Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6135 battles
I've added a dossier archive, which will store 5 previous versions of a dossier and provide access to their CSV data. That will allow to load dossier data into separate tables or sheets in spreadsheet software and chart the data the way you like.

It's up to anyone's personal project, if they would wish to share a pre-made template, where one could load up their own data and the charts would be generated automatically.

Thanks for KillerAnt for sending me info about his epic medals, that allowed me to find where the values of Kolobanov's and Billotte's medals are stored.

war4peace #48 Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 23645 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAlongTheMilkyWays, on 23 September 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

It's up to anyone's personal project, if they would wish to share a pre-made template, where one could load up their own data and the charts would be generated automatically.

I've been working on such a thing using Excel and VBA; but given the inherent skepticism in using macros and potentially malevolent code, I'm really not sure if people would use it.
Anyway, when it's ready I will post here.

Phalynx #49 Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7596 battles
  • [MTW] MTW

View PostAlongTheMilkyWays, on 23 September 2011 - 10:21 AM, said:

I've added a dossier archive, which will store 5 previous versions of a dossier and provide access to their CSV data. That will allow to load dossier data into separate tables or sheets in spreadsheet software and chart the data the way you like.

Fantastic, thanks! Will try that today.

View Postwar4peace, on 23 September 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

I've been working on such a thing using Excel and VBA; but given the inherent skepticism in using macros and potentially malevolent code, I'm really not sure if people would use it.
Anyway, when it's ready I will post here.
Would be great to test it, if you like.

Kurik #50 Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7246 battles
Interesting-looking tool. I have one problem, though. When I uploaded the file from the folder indicated on the website (I'm using Windows 7), it turned out it was actually data from the test server, and several weeks old. Deleting the old file doesn't seem to have had any effect, any ideas on how I would go about getting the game to generate a new one?

Theurge #51 Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostKurik, on 23 September 2011 - 04:30 PM, said:

Interesting-looking tool. I have one problem, though. When I uploaded the file from the folder indicated on the website (I'm using Windows 7), it turned out it was actually data from the test server, and several weeks old. Deleting the old file doesn't seem to have had any effect, any ideas on how I would go about getting the game to generate a new one?

I have several files in the directory, some from test server, one's from beta, and the real one. Look at the dates on the file. If it shows today's date, that's the file you want.

Kurik #52 Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7246 battles
Weird. I only had the testserver one. I had to reinstall the client when 6.6 was released and I guess it might've wiped any older files during that process, but you'd think the game would've generated a new one for the main server since then.

Hartz #53 Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2501 battles
Hi!

Thanks for the awesome tool!

I'm wondering, if that cache file also contains info about, how much credits you currently have (or gold). If it does, then maybe you can add it to the tool, or at least add it so we could save the info with CSV file.

That would be really helpful, if you're interested in statistics about credit income per day or something. :rolleyes:

Keep up the good job!

Hartz.

AlongTheMilkyWays #54 Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6135 battles

View PostHartz, on 25 September 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

I'm wondering, if that cache file also contains info about, how much credits you currently have (or gold). If it does, then maybe you can add it to the tool, or at least add it so we could save the info with CSV file.

That would be really helpful, if you're interested in statistics about credit income per day or something. :rolleyes:

The only unknown values left are infrequent awards and medals. Credits are not counted, only XP.

Maybe in the future Wargaming.net will introduce some more statistics features, a battle history would be useful :)

Edit: Thanks Phalynx for informing me about Bölter medal he has earned. I've confirmed it's storage location and added to the list.

AlongTheMilkyWays #55 Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6135 battles

View Postwelele, on 29 September 2011 - 01:31 PM, said:

I tried using the tool @ http://wot-dossier.appspot.com/ but when I try uploading my file I get an "Upload failed - Internal Server Error" message. Any ideas?
You will have to upload the dossier file to zippyshare or some other site and PM me the link, for me to reproduce this problem.

Elby #56 Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14560 battles
  • [PZK2] PZK2
Nice work, thanks ;-)

Ulicum #57 Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36740 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
Very nice tool.

What I would like to see is last time the data on dossier was last updated thought.

AlongTheMilkyWays #58 Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6135 battles

View Postpeikko, on 06 October 2011 - 01:21 PM, said:

What I would like to see is last time the data on dossier was last updated thought.
You can see the date of the most recent battle in the time tab.

war4peace #59 Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 23645 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Just dropping in fast to let you all know that my work on the reporting XLS based on Dossier Tool CSV has started.
It's a very early pre-alpha version, and so far the only code that I have added is for first-time run and CSV update, together with session-based calculations. No reports yet.
Still much to do and my time is limited :)

With that being said, I was wondering if there's any other method to update an existing dossier, e.g by sending the file to a special URL?

AlongTheMilkyWays #60 Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6135 battles

View Postwar4peace, on 08 October 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

With that being said, I was wondering if there's any other method to update an existing dossier, e.g by sending the file to a special URL?

You can update a dossier by reproducing the steps that are done with a browser, currently it's a 2 step process, but it's better to leave it as it is.

The thing I can propose is a dossier-to-csv service I now added, which allows to convert a dossier to CSV data similar to the way it's done on the website, only this service doesn't persist dossier data.

It works the same way as the older dossier-to-json service, you use program called curl to upload dossier file to the service and it returns processed data.

You can download curl from http://www.paehl.com...ce/?CURL_7.22.0 , direct download link - http://www.paehl.com...=curl_722_0.zip .

The template to get dossier data processed is:
curl --data-binary @%APPDATA%\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\dossier_cache\##### http://wot-dossier.a...er-to-csv/##### -o dossier-data.csv

Where you need to replace the first ##### with your dossier file name in the cache folder and the second ##### is what output you wish to get. You can also change the output file name dossier-data.csv to something more appropriate.

The available CSV data outputs are:
  • all
  • xp
  • battles
  • frags
  • damage
  • awards
  • medals
  • performance
  • time
  • frag-counts
  • master-tanker

You can make a bash script (name it dossier.cmd) that would automatically generate all of the possible data outputs for an updated dossier file.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users