• Player
  • 27082 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

i am playing WoT some time and i am little bored of some things in WoT

before 2 days i downloaded Armored Warfare and tryed to play it

i must say it isnt bad

for now is in beta testing 

but there are some thing what i liked there

bigger maps,you can destroy many objects,similar gameplay like in wot,more tanks types.....

i hope that they will keep going like that because game isnt bad and it will be big opponent to WoT

did any of you tryed to play Armored Warfare,and if you tryed what is your exp, in that game do you like it?

Strange_Neighbour #2 Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 2617 battles

Competition is a good thing.

So the better AW is, the better it will be for WoT players.

Element6_TheSprout #3 Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28962 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Larger maps in AW are due to higher vehicle speeds compared to WoT. Tried the game for about 5 battles or so, and then uninstalled. Wasn't for me. Unless AW gets a working skill based MM, or ladder system, it isn't going to fix the issues I have with WoT anyway. Hopefully it will fix it for others.

And another 15k battle grind to research as much as possible? No, thank you very much :)

Desert_Fox_89 #4 Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21891 battles

View PostStrange_Neighbour, on 27 September 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Competition is a good thing.

So the better AW is, the better it will be for WoT players.

this

TwoPointsOfInterest #5 Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5146 battles

I've tried a bit of armoured warfare, and there are several things is don't like about it.

• The guns just dont feel brutal, they just seem a bit quiet, especially when in sniper mode, it doesnt feel like I am driving a tank 
  • The community is terrible (as with the forums) they are already as toxic as wot (if not more) and half of the people on the forums are bronies and hikkys, and that just makes me feel sick
  • Armour just feels a bit meh when everyone can shoot HE and do decent damage 
  • To much emphasis on PvE it should be s secondary game mode, at this rate it is getting more development than true pvp
  • Modern armour isnt half as interesting (to me at least) as its all about techonolgy and can get too complicated (and I play this game to chill not learn about stuff

The good thing about AW is that its is forcing WG to get their arses in gear

Balc0ra #6 Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Indeed some maps are bigger, but not WT big. Map sizes in WT killed GF off for me. Drive for 5 min, only to be killed off in 1 shot to drive the 5 min again on some maps.

More destructible objects is nice. But on some of the more larger urban maps, you have the same limitations as in WOT. Some models are destructible on a different map, but the same looking object is not on that map. A tad confusing, as WOT has the same models on non destructible houses. So you know when a new map appears.

PVE is great and the mission rotation to keep it fresh each day is good to so far. Nice when PVP gets to frustrating and you just want to get that last bit of XP for your tank. Love the way they did the tech tree tho. As in you need to do missions in either PVP or PVE to unlock the scout line, MTB, arty, support etc. Either by doing damage form a distance, close up, damage vs top tier targets etc instead of just going for the XP and go that route. Might prevent to many early on to pick the wrong lane.

But like you said, it's still a beta and to early to tell, and to few playing atm to get a good feel of PVP and how it will compare, even with their MM as you mostly see the same few people over and over again now. I'm only a tier 6 as my highest on 2 lines, and did stay with the T92 light now since they announced they will do a hard reset anyway. But will most find this to be better? IDK. Some of the same stuff people complain about in WT and WOT is still here.

Will I play it? Yes, both this and WOT. WT GF is dead for me. But this seems like it is enough variation to keep even the casual players active or semi active. As PVE is a nice change of pace for most. And a good way to learn the basics "though you get way less XP for it". WOT lacks that variation for most tbh and thus the casual players leave WOT often. Most that have played for years likes the few things it has. That will be the strong suit of AW I'm guessing. Making the casual players stay for longer.

But this will bring more competition to the table and force some changes to WOT to I'm sure. And that is a good thing and will profit both games. WT was just a small breeze and WG did not see it as anything and did not counter it. I'm sure we will see more of an effect here for sure. But how much?

Edited by Balc0ra, 27 September 2015 - 05:29 PM.

McNussBomber #7 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 53586 battles
  • [R4INC] R4INC
Difference between WoT and other tank game is that WoT test servers actually work.

Baldrickk #8 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29322 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postedger2020, on 27 September 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Difference between WoT and other tank game is that WoT test servers actually work.

AW test server worked for me. And actually worked for over an hour after they were meant to be turned off...

McNussBomber #9 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 53586 battles
  • [R4INC] R4INC

View PostBaldrickk, on 27 September 2015 - 06:11 PM, said:

AW test server worked for me. And actually worked for over an hour after they were meant to be turned off...

You managed to log into EU?

ariel250 #10 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6927 battles
  • [M-C] M-C

What will attract many players to AW is the modern tanks.

WW2 tanks are fine and all, but don't you think driving a brand new Abrams or Leopard or Merkava is more fun?

They naturally have more features such as smoke screens, APS, retrofits and more.

There is also a larger variety in each class.

Light tanks in WoT are mostly scouts that can sometimes do some damage when lucky.

But AW separates scouts and light tanks.

That's just 1 example.

Baldrickk #11 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29322 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
I was playing this yesterday, and I think that I still prefer WOT, for all its faults, it still feels like you are driving a tank around, even when in light tanks.

Armoured warfare felt more like I was running around in quake, or some vehicular combat game from the PS1/PS2 era of console gaming.
It is probably because of the speed of the tanks, by tier 3, I was driving a leopard 1, and none of the other tanks seemed to have much weight behind them either, Chieftain for example just seemed slow(er) but still didn't feel like driving a great big hunk of metal around.

As someone else has said, you don't feel the gunfire either, or the hits to your tank. I died a few times because I actually didn't notice how much damage I'd taken, as I did not even notice each hit.

I also found the garage, not cluttered, but easy to lose things, probably too homogenous. It did all work, but I couldn't bring myself to care about it.
Upgrades to the tanks were just "do I have enough XP? Yep? Throw it on". Sure, there are 5 ammo upgrades, but do I even know what they change? I think that I looked at penetration once, then realised that it was worthless, as I would either be shooting AFVs, or going for sides and rears, and I don't know how much armour everything has at the moment either (which isn't the game's fault) but I did get halfway up tech trees without even feeling the need to care (which is)

Map control and tactical play felt less solid than in WOT too. As the majority of tanks fly around the map (as far as someone from WOT is concerned) there is far less focus on scouting out the enemy, or trying to win and hold key points.

Instead of WOT 2.0 it feels like WOT lite.
Actually, it felt a lot like blitz, with faster tanks and a better control system.

I DID like taking out a 5 man platoon and just ripping up some bots though. Only problem is that it started to get sameish after a while.

Of course it is in beta, and things will change, and I really do want the game to do well, if only as incentive for WG to improve.

M1tchy #12 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32815 battles

Both have their faults. WG's is not listening to the player base, and the player base seeming to be 99% unskilled player, with the rest struggling to win a battle.

AW have same standard of player base, but in Early Access seemed to listen to feedback.  

I can't get immersed into AW like I do with WoT. Play 5 battles and I want to play WoT again despite the crap players.

There is a good variation in tanks in Aw, but since the last patch I have only played the Terminator. Because AW runs more modern tanks, the sounds and feel are different.

Edited by M1tchy, 27 September 2015 - 06:39 PM.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29322 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postedger2020, on 27 September 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

You managed to log into EU?

Yeah. No problems doing so. But the test finished at 8:00 last night, so maybe it was closed when you tried to log in?

Humboldt_ #14 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4548 battles
  • [DENK] DENK
Played AW stress test WoT still better, but I like historic vehicles modern vehicles just bore me. Not that I played tanks in a while with ranked battles on WoWS.:child:

Tidal_Force #15 Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16111 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBaldrickk, on 27 September 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

Yeah. No problems doing so. But the test finished at 8:00 last night, so maybe it was closed when you tried to log in?

It was extended to 8 today. I'm on a phone now and typing is a chore, so i'll post my opinion in an hour.

gpalsson #16 Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles
I think AW is great, but it simply lacks what WoT has: many many years of development.

arnorwarrior #17 Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14869 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 27 September 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

It was extended till ten minutes ago. I'm still playing it thought,:teethhappy: But Edger is right. Many people could not login to the EU server.

Edit: And... MM stopped. Guess they are closing it.

Edited by arnorwarrior, 27 September 2015 - 07:16 PM.

japtank #18 Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

I played on saturday to get the artillery and see if it would be better than WoT.

It won't. It still is infuriating on the receiving end (it didn't take long before getting insulted and called a cancer: deja vu) and frustrating to play because of town fights.

The warning before getting hit by arty doesn't change much. It's better than WoT, for sure, but still awkward.

They tried something different and, IMO, only proved artillery doesn't belong to a tank game, which we already knew.

Maybe there was more to see which I didn't see though, one day of testing is not much, but my main reason to leave WoT is arty and AW doesn't cut it.

This being said, the graphics are very ugly, tanks don't look like tanks but like green boxes. Highly disappointing, they are light years away from WoT.

I also hated the red highlight of tanks which made it hard to see details on the vehicle I was shooting at.

Again, there's maybe more to see that I didn't have to toy with, but that fat red blob of a target is annoying.

Apart from that, AW is a rip-off of WoT.

It so blatantly copy pasted that one can wonder if my.com is truly independant from Wargaming, how could they not being sued?

That made me wonder whether they're not trying to get into the NA market with the same game and with only another feel.

Tinfoil hat off: the game is nice and I hope it will help improve WoT if the competition is real, but I'm not looking forward to playing the open beta.

HundeWurst #19 Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67720 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

i tried it in the very beginning and it was bad like no tomorrow...

completly unbalanced and it still is basically a copy paste of wot. nothing new to the table so why should i switch the game?

They tried something different and, IMO, only proved artillery doesn't belong to a tank game, which we already knew.

the arty is not different at all. they didnt come up with some new mechanics. they just teaked some numbers the rest is exactly the same.

thatswhy arty will be as bad as in wot

Edited by HundeWurst, 27 September 2015 - 07:57 PM.

Scuka #20 Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20362 battles

It took me a huge amount of time to get where I am now in WoT.

I have no reason to abandon it all and start over in another game that will never be significantly better than WoT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users