World of Tanks VS Armored Warfare

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

_Foculdinsuflet_ #101 Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6521 battles
  • [G-K-R] G-K-R
i like armored warfare is a great game but its poor optimized for now i l stick with Wot, somehow i like it more 

tacomaco #102 Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13014 battles

After playing AW for a few months(and getting close to tier 9,has no t10 yet) I would say Wargaming doesn't have anything to fear from Armored Warfare. The game is imbalanced, inconsistent and Obsidian lied about a lot of things like viable PvE, Matchmaker or "fixed artilery".

The game starts where WoT ends having tier 9-10 tanks as tier 1-3 tanks in AW except this tanks are jokes. T-54 or M60 are literally made out of paper because any auto-cannons(no, not tank guns, bigger machine guns on jeeps) are going to penetrate the frontal armor of this tanks. The armor values and gun penetration are simply made up. This goes on until tier 5-6 when the first modern MBTs show up and all the way up to tier 9 the tanks are imbalanced.

AW was supposed to have better arty and they did in Early Access but some recent "Fixes" made the arty just as broken as in WoT or maybe worse. Viable PvE was the main sells point of AW and turns out it was a lie. You can play PvE but you make no money to buy the tanks you unlock so you have to PvP, except the PvP in AW is just as broken. In one game your team steamrolls the enemy team in 3 min and in the next game your team gets steamrolled.

Probably players that went to AW are going to return back to WoT soon enough..

Gremlin182 #103 Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

General

• Player
  • 58681 battles

appart from the problem that AW wants a better system 64 bit last I checked so I couldnt play it till I upgrade, my problem with it is its modern tanks.

Modern tanks just don't interest me.

Especially as it doesnt simulate modern battles it simulates ww2 battles with modern tanks which is even more offputting.

Wabbit_Slayer #104 Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10227 battles
  • [-MIA-] -MIA-

View Posttacomaco, on 18 December 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

After playing AW for a few months(and getting close to tier 9,has no t10 yet) I would say Wargaming doesn't have anything to fear from Armored Warfare. The game is imbalanced, inconsistent and Obsidian lied about a lot of things like viable PvE, Matchmaker or "fixed artilery".

The game starts where WoT ends having tier 9-10 tanks as tier 1-3 tanks in AW except this tanks are jokes. T-54 or M60 are literally made out of paper because any auto-cannons(no, not tank guns, bigger machine guns on jeeps) are going to penetrate the frontal armor of this tanks. The armor values and gun penetration are simply made up. This goes on until tier 5-6 when the first modern MBTs show up and all the way up to tier 9 the tanks are imbalanced.

2 AW was supposed to have better arty and they did in Early Access but some recent "Fixes" made the arty just as broken as in WoT or maybe worse. Viable PvE was the main sells point of AW and turns out it was a lie. You can play PvE but you make no money to buy the tanks you unlock so you have to PvP, except the PvP in AW is just as broken. In one game your team steamrolls the enemy team in 3 min and in the next game your team gets steamrolled.

Probably players that went to AW are going to return back to WoT soon enough..

1 How can you not like the t54? Its pretty much a better version of the t54 in wot. Sure the lower plate is worse then in wot. But as long as you dont show your hull you are a brute. I have 75% dmg and a k/d of 3.8 and im only played 150 matches total in AW. M60 however i  agree with. I also heard the same about the mbt stomping in tier 5-10 but it will probably be balanced in the future.

2 Arty in wot was the reason that made me quite this game for good. I cant just adapt my gamestyle to having artillery focus me.I dont have the patience. So half my games i play in wot i dident have any affect on the game. And from that experience i can say that arty is way better in AW then it is in Wot. But i would have prefered if they would have keeped arty out of the game all together. I dont care for the pve never did hovewer its a nice way to get your first module researshed instead of the choice you get from Wot that is either free exp or fight with a tank completely stock.

3 I dont know about that. Armored warfare is quite a good game for being so obviously rushed before it was finished for open beta. If now only the my.com publishers stop derailing obsidian i think it can be a hell of a end product. 

But its not the first time a publisher have killed a game that could been a succes so who knows what will happend.

Edited by Wabbit_Slayer, 18 December 2015 - 04:17 PM.

LPTheory #105 Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16859 battles
Been playing AW more recently. It's a nice game, but what really kills it for me are one-sided matches all the time. Other than that it's ok game.

Vadon90 #106 Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17552 battles
AW has it pro's and cons, but I like the fact that in AW you don't do full damage to cupola's. Full damage and getting destroyed by just getting hit in your cupola is kinda silly if you think about it and tanks with giant cupola's in wot have a disadvantage because of it. Also no russian bias, no stupidly overperforming t54 and variants, no overpriced bundles/premiums, no gold ammo, unlimited free garage slots and a free Type 59 as a reference to wot oh and it is also better than its wot counterpart. 

Edited by Vadon90, 24 December 2015 - 04:40 AM.

sasopocmarany #107 Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10374 battles
https://youtu.be/fvr...kX_K4B-M8aZ6sLJ a little ,,tank'' destroying other tanks with a machine gun... i would rather be playing WT instead of AW :P

Edited by johnbuchnat, 04 July 2016 - 10:25 AM.

elFred #108 Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24059 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA

View Postjohnbuchnat, on 04 July 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

https://youtu.be/fvr...kX_K4B-M8aZ6sLJ a little ,,tank'' destroying other tanks with a machine gun... i would rather be playing WT instead of AW :P

Holly necro bump !

It's not a machine gun,it's an 30 mm autocannon with something like 150 pen (I'm not sure I've not bought the Wiesel yet).

ariel250 #109 Posted 04 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6927 battles
  • [M-C] M-C

After getting to tier 10, and having more than 4,500 posts in AW forums, I have come to the realization this game will never be fixed, and is doomed to fail at some point. Or just become a really shitty game with a minimal playerbase.

They've fixed some of the bigger issues such as shot delay, ghost shells and more, but REALLY fucked up in balance. This game involves almost no skill or thinking at all. It's just who can aim for the driver's hatch the best. 

I've yet to see a game so focused on pixel hunting as AW is.

elFred #110 Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24059 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA
Pixel hunting is the reason when I play alone I mostly low tier and high only when platooned (so I can flank to do some heat surprise buttsex with my M1A3) 

joemandel #111 Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3091 battles

AW noob-friendly as you like...BUT! you have UNLIMITED garage slots there, giveaway tanks are actually GOOD and "premium" ammo can be just researched and used straight away so you save a loooooot of your RL money which is for me very beneficial...

On the other hand, it won´t stop me from playin WoT even tho i suck bigtime and i´ve never used a single piece of premium ammo (cuz i just simply like to save up for next tier tank) and no premium tanks either even tho i´ve played over 3k games...but that still makes me noobie right? lol well thus my opinion

keba_marokanac #112 Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30218 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

View Postjoemandel, on 07 September 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

AW noob-friendly as you like...BUT! you have UNLIMITED garage slots there, giveaway tanks are actually GOOD and "premium" ammo can be just researched and used straight away so you save a loooooot of your RL money which is for me very beneficial...

On the other hand, it won´t stop me from playin WoT even tho i suck bigtime and i´ve never used a single piece of premium ammo (cuz i just simply like to save up for next tier tank) and no premium tanks either even tho i´ve played over 3k games...but that still makes me noobie right? lol well thus my opinion

some thing are much better then in WoT and i like that

WoT should take some thing from AW to improve game

zenamko #113 Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18885 battles
Po 2 latach przerwy zainstalowalem WOT, aby sprawdzic co sie zmienilo. TOTALNA KICHE zrobili z tej gierki.  Grajac Stugiem lub SU85, 8 z 10 gier przeciwko tierowi 7 i tylko topka zespolu decyduje o zwyciestwie, ze w 905 to boty.... . Pazernosc WG dobilo ta gierkie. zeganam sie z nimi ostatecznie.

Nethraniel #114 Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14545 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzenamko, on 24 June 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Po 2 latach przerwy zainstalowalem WOT, aby sprawdzic co sie zmienilo. TOTALNA KICHE zrobili z tej gierki.  Grajac Stugiem lub SU85, 8 z 10 gier przeciwko tierowi 7 i tylko topka zespolu decyduje o zwyciestwie, ze w 905 to boty.... . Pazernosc WG dobilo ta gierkie. zeganam sie z nimi ostatecznie.

*slow clapping*

Good god... wrong language section, necroing an almost 2 year old topic, and additionally missing the original topic of this thread by at least a mile... that is something...

:facepalm:

Edited by Nethraniel, 24 June 2018 - 02:16 PM.

Jigabachi #115 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'd love to understand what is going on in those people's brains...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users