World of Tanks VS Armored Warfare

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

_b_ #21 Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 57419 battles

...not bad ... after recent updates even nice smooth on my old laptop ... perhaps a bit worse than wot with "a slight syrup-feeling"?

....so for now it's pause for spending anything on wot ... plenty of premium-time left as well as some gold ... and the darn idio**ic bundles pi*s me off ever so much ... so will let things just go with the flow for a while and see if AW getting out of closed test will make wg perhaps appreciate it's milk-cows any more :P

EVILpanzer #22 Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18295 battles

I like AW more than WoT and do you know why...

That [edited]WoT RNG that makes me feel like the crew are drunk or high

Charliefoxtro_ #23 Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31954 battles
  • [L-BUN] L-BUN

I logged in NA with 200 ping still no lag spikes and client twitching in wot i can't connect to a freakin german server without problems serious wg flaw. Anyway i cant run with nice graphics so not for me atm. I was playing vs some t54 in t2 and they had like -8 gun depression at least it seemed that much , the models are not so impressive eg. bulldog looks little funny not very well modeled , after checking photos in google that is and comparing it with wot model, wot new models are a mixed bag but in general i think they have more detail and more precision to look real. Still no white tanks in aw and weird lightning-shading bs. WT has the best graphics and models / smooth client combo for me.

Sounds are meh like early wot, that cap siren is awful though.

I like the big maps with nice sniping distance looks like a tank fight and not peaking from 10m distance or going around 5m rocks , it has tanks with mobility unlike t95s and at15s that need small maps. Another thing to miss is the AFVs with rockets , it looks fun.

Tidal_Force #24 Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Ok, so here are my thoughts on AW:

Of all the problems with WoT, it addresses only one: goldammo. AW took same approach as WT:GF, there are multiple types of ammo, often with many upgraded versions and all ammo types for specific tank cost roughly the same, making ammo choice a tactical one instead of P2W incentive to sell premium account.

As for other problems:

• RNG. Tanks feel more accurate, but that doesn't come from lower RNG. In fact RNG impact on accuracy feels even bigger, but in manageable way. Let me explain. Shots go all over the aiming circle, they claim that they go more often to the middle, yeah, right. However fully aimed circle is smaller than in WoT which leads to the following result: aimed tanks hit targets very well, firing on the move pretty much never hits. If circle is even slightly bigger than enemy, you WILL miss, sniping relies on circle being smaller than enemy on all engagement ranges. So RNG is different but still screws you over anyway. At least that's my opinion, but I fire on the move A LOT.
  • No ladders. Good and terrible players as still mixed together, with added bonus that the better you are, the worse teams you get. At least that's what I read about AW MM some time ago: they pick players to match randomly and then assign them to balance skill in both teams. Sounds nice in theory until you realise that the better you are, the more retarded teams you will get.
  • Artillery. AW artillery is more fun... to play, not play against. I only tried T4 one, so it may differ on higher tiers, but I really doubt that difference is for the better. AW T4 arty is best compared to Bert. Imagine Bert who traded speed for turret, full map coverage, very good accuracy, very good aiming time and 10m splash. That's AW arty. You won't get nuked for 80% of your HP in one shot with 50s reload. Instead you will be splashed for 25% of your HP every 15 seconds. I don't know about you but I don't think that's an improvement at all. Arty warning? Not even light tanks have enough acceleration to evade that splash at mid range, accuracy and aiming time really are very good, pretty much same as same tier tanks, which means that even at 1km range, circle is barely bigger than enemy tank. The only good thing they did was that after shooting artillery becomes visible for enemy artillery. In best case scenario that makes SPGs very busy fighting each other. Basically, if you have (somewhat) working brain and you want to play artillery, do it in AW, it's actually kinda fun, but don't expect retard wanker clickers to leave WoT for AW, because AW artillery requires both hands and basic reasoning skills, so it's too hard for them.
  • Limited draw range. Sorry, no 1km sniping for you (unless you are SPG, then you get to snipe at any range), spotted targets are not drawn beyond something like 600 or 700m.

And there are some unique problems:

• Terrible net code. It's beta, sure, but in first 15 battles I had more de-sync problems than in WoT over all games played during a single version. They have to fix that or they are going to be in trouble.
  • Movement physics. You know how to overcome poor gun depression by using terrain curvature? You don't any more. Doing that will put your tank in weird position where it will rock back and forth for seconds, by they time it stops so you can aim, you are either dead or enemy got away. Once I actually got in situation where it would stop rocking until I tried aiming down, which would make entire tank start swinging again... If that's what WoT movement physics is going to look like, WG should scrap it immediately instead of chasing sunken development costs.
  • ATGMs. Anti Tank Ground Guided Missiles (sorry for initial error). Imagine that T49 reloads about 25% faster and has laser guided 0-dispersion shells. They are literally guided, as in, they can be guided on target. It's as bad as it sounds, in fact, worse than artillery. And then, on 2 occasions I got focused by 2 ATGM spammers AND SPG...

All in all here's my verdict: If you are new, you can go for WoT or AW, both have exactly same main problems but at least you get to pick which additional problems you prefer to cope with. If you are already invested in WoT, there's literally no reason to switch as AW is NOT better AT ALL. I heavily doubt that they are going to improve it.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 27 September 2015 - 09:23 PM.

Dragos_CS #25 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

The game is such a copy paste it makes me feel bad for WG. Ive never seen such a blatant rip-off. They just stole all the good ideas from WoT and then tried to change what people whined about but failed even at that.

Removed gold ammo? Good, now Tier 8 MBTs just yolo everything and never care because there is no high pen ammo around to stop them. They solved a problem and created more. Arty is still there, and not even RNG stops it from ruining your day anymore.

Also, how the flying f*ck do you make cryengine 3 look so damn bad -.-

All in all, the game gave me a feel of a tank-based CS where everybody gets body armor and glocks as the only weapon and you can trade HP for speed.

Baldrickk #26 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
BREAKING NEWS:
AW arty not really any better than arty in WOT. "Players don't like being hit by something from 'off the map'. Who knew?"

No matter how bad you make it for the arty players, being hit by something that you can't block, and can't fight back against is never going to stop annoying players.
All other tanks are (should be) balanced around armour, mobility and gun. Lack of accuracy/long flight time does not balance out an artillery piece's 'infinite' armour (by virtue of being on the other end of the map). Likewise, an artillery piece also doesn't care about mobility either, it doesn't need to move to avoid being shot.
Until a flank falls, and tanks move in, it is a gun with no tank. It doesn't matter if it is inaccurate, does little damage or whatever, it is a one-sided damage dealer, dealing damage to opposing players that can't shoot back.

A warning like AW has, while better than nothing, is a) not enough warning to do much about it, and b) easy to miss while in combat, which is when you're going to be getting spotted, and thus when you are going to be targeted by arty the most.

keba_marokanac #27 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30205 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

Armored Warfare Key Features -

• Modern Setting - Battle in modern military hardware like the M1 Abrams Tank. Tanks from the 1950s till modern day are available.
  • Destructible Environments and realistic battlefields with 10+ Tanks on a single map.
  • Competitive PvP Tank Battles as well as Co-op PvE missions.
  • Customization System - Each vehicle type has its own unique perk and players can customize their tanks.
  • Anti Griefing System - friendly fire / ramming will be punished.
  • 5 Vehicle Classes - Main Battle Tanks (MBTs), Armored Reconnaissance Vehicles (AFVs), Light Tanks, Tank Destroyers, and Artillery.

brisha #28 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17195 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

They are both very similar in different eras. AW will have less of the BS rng and MM. AW needs polished but it's heading in the right direction. If they keep the mods away then I will drift over to AW full time as my biggest problem with WOT is the warpack and free cheat mods that tell the scumbags where you are and what direction you are coming from just because you break a frigging twig, this is a gamebreaker for me just like the wallhacks from counter strike.

It has other problems but OB should see things settle.

WOT know they have a problem and if they can fix the bots and cheats then I would come back. I am not the only one, in case anyone hasn't noticed the servers have lost around 50-60k players at peak times, these numbers will not go un noticed by WG.

Hellens #29 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7927 battles
  • [POJAT] POJAT

What comes WoT its nowdays pure rapish! I tested armoured warfare and its much more beter. One hing which I noticed there is some palyers makes same lemmings andcampings ystems than in WoT. And lot of polish players. But better tan WoT!

As someone mension there are too many cheaters in WoT. True and WoT have spoiled game by gold ammo thing also.

I have followed situation over 4 y now and WoT direction in going worse all the time.

Tidal_Force #30 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Interesting. I checked out General Discussion of AW forum and found this topic: http://aw.my.com/en/...Hey-WOT-players

After skim reading first 3 pages, based on what parts of WoT they complain about, I have a feeling that those must be utter tomatos.

You know, the usual: always bottom tier, invisitanks and constant noobteams, exact same stuff we see here from 500 WN8 Romles_12345 and xXxguteriansxXx. With how AW MM is handled, I understand why they feel that they have better teams in AW - they suck so much that they really get better teams. Anyone bothered to skim read that topic and correct me if I'm wrong?

cotne22 #31 Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3808 battles
  • [VIKNG] VIKNG

View PostHellens, on 28 September 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

What comes WoT its nowdays pure rapish! I tested armoured warfare and its much more beter. One hing which I noticed there is some palyers makes same lemmings andcampings ystems than in WoT. And lot of polish players. But better tan WoT!

As someone mension there are too many cheaters in WoT. True and WoT have spoiled game by gold ammo thing also.

I have followed situation over 4 y now and WoT direction in going worse all the time.

lol

jdc302 #32 Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15993 battles

View PostHellens, on 27 September 2015 - 08:44 PM, said:

followed the situation for 4 years? you are a member since 2015

MalteMullvad #33 Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39560 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE

AW is still in beta and have "issues" that has to be adressed,the thing is,they listen to their playerbase and try to adapt.

When i tried it for te first time it was a pleasant suprise,and after a while my fans started to actually work in my rig:ohmy:

I have all settings on ultra so for me its a smooth flow with the game.

When they realease the game maybe wg will start to listen to this community,im shure they will loose players to AW

And for me personally if wot continues in this exact direction with all these roll over matches i will probably dump this game,even if i have invested a lot of time and some money here.

ariel250 #34 Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6927 battles
  • [M-C] M-C

View PostHundeWurst, on 27 September 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

i tried it in the very beginning and it was bad like no tomorrow...

the arty is not different at all. they didnt come up with some new mechanics. they just teaked some numbers the rest is exactly the same.

thatswhy arty will be as bad as in wot

Arty not different?

In WoT arty comes completely unexpected and usually takes 1/3 of your health. Sometimes even half. In fact, the T92 has enough potential power to 1-shot a MAUS.

But RoF is just terrible in WoT.

In AW not only do you get a warning, but arty damage is significantly lower, though compensated with higher RoF.

In AW you also have an ability to actually support your team by spotting enemies with illumination rounds or allowing teammates to safely retreat if their smokescreen is used.

And the main addition is counter-battery fire. In WoT you rely on light tanks to spot enemy arty. And that usually doesn't happen until the last minutes of the match. And as soon as you spot an arty, you fire and it's a 1 shot kill. You can also camp in the same spot throughout the whole match.

In AW you can't shoot twice from the same spot. If you do that, you're immediately spotted and the return fire may not instantly kill you but it's going to be very painful since you have low HP.

Basically, the features of AW arty that WoT doesn't have:

1)Better options to support team.

2)Less overall damage output (though AW tanks have more HP than in WoT. For example a tier 8 in AW has about the same HP as tier 10 in WoT).

3)shoot and scoot tactics are a must!

FuzzyPowa #35 Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14832 battles
Well if both suck, both will have to blow me, simple as that. And let's be honest, the most attractive part of AW is the xvm, which is not there!!! I'd be fine with skill balancing as described above. 

puddlee #36 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11909 battles
Personally I like both WoT and AW. I am happy that these two games turned out to be different because for a while I was afraid that I will have to choose which one to play but to my surprise I have things I enjoy in both games that the other one doesn't have, that gives me reason to love both and because of that to play both. And like others said competition is always good. :) Btw ppl are happy about how AW arty is designed atm but I personally am not so sure about it. I mean when you play arty, your first objective is to get rid of the enemy arties because if you don't you gona get artied to death, so you cannot really support your team until you finish off the enemy arties. It is fun but it limits your options. As for playing against them, well if every enemy arty is focusing you, god be with you. Getting shot 10 times in a matter of second, low alpha or not is annoying as hell.

Edited by puddlee, 27 September 2015 - 11:04 PM.

FuzzyPowa #37 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14832 battles
Does anybody know if AW has the same "free-to-play" which is not actually free-to-play model?

puddlee #38 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11909 battles

View PostFuzzyPowa, on 27 September 2015 - 11:10 PM, said:

Does anybody know if AW has the same "free-to-play" which is not actually free-to-play model?

Ellaborate on what you mean by the not so free free-to-play model and I will answer gladly. What I can tell you is that they do not plan to sell garage slots or barrack slots, of course that can change but still sounds pretty good. Premium tanks are cheaper, gold and prem time in general are cheaper but they will add in a lot of prem tanks so theres that...But if you have a couple (2-3) tier 6 prems credit wont be much of an issue I think, although theres a ton of things to spend shitloads of credtis on so the game is grind heavy already. That being said converting free exp and credits is there... and the grind will be long, I mean looooooooooooooong. I guess it's a matter of do you spend money on faster progression or not.

Edited by puddlee, 27 September 2015 - 11:17 PM.

FuzzyPowa #39 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14832 battles

View Postpuddlee, on 27 September 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

Ellaborate on what you mean by the not so free free-to-play model and I will answer gladly. What I can tell you is that they do not plan to sell garage slots or barrack slots, of course that can change but still sounds pretty good. Premium tanks are cheaper, gold and prem time in general are cheaper but they will add in a lot of prem tanks so theres that...But if you have a couple (2-3 tier 6 prems) credit wont be much of an issue I think, although theres a ton of things to spend shitloads of credtis on so the game is grind heavy already. That being said converting free exp and credits is there... and the grind will be long, I mean looooooooooooooong. I guess it's a matter of do you spend money on faster progression or not.

Well WOT is not a free2play game, because it is not free to play t10, you HAVE to pay if u want to play it cuz otherwise u lose credits hard (arty being the only exception, probably). Thus I'm wondering if it's the same "belorussian style" f2p.

Baldrickk #40 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTidal_Force, on 27 September 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Interesting. I checked out General Discussion of AW forum and found this topic: http://aw.my.com/en/...Hey-WOT-players

After skim reading first 3 pages, based on what parts of WoT they complain about, I have a feeling that those must be utter tomatos.

You know, the usual: always bottom tier, invisitanks and constant noobteams, exact same stuff we see here from 500 WN8 Romles_12345 and xXxguteriansxXx. With how AW MM is handled, I understand why they feel that they have better teams in AW - they suck so much that they really get better teams. Anyone bothered to skim read that topic and correct me if I'm wrong?

Some things I found there, and my responses. All typos etc are courtesy of the original poster:

• Its all about making money at WOT
    • Well they are a business, they do need to make money, sure, I think prem tanks are a bit expensive, bit you don't need to buy them to play
  • especially xp requirements for popular tanks being higher
    • Are you talking higher tiers or what? A tank may be slightly more expensive (in XP) if the modules are cheaper, or if there are less of them, this just makes each line match up in XP needed to elite each tank.
  • certain tanks that should have been removed but are still there because premium
    • What? You think people who paid for tanks should have them removed? WG would be soooo popular of that happened...
  • I will continue to play both. Verity is the spice of life.
    • We all need some Verity, where can I find her? ;)
  • special mods for best clans..ect..
    • Special mods? Unless you are taking about warpack... And you only have to pay for that. Will never touch it though, I like my game to look nice.
  • after arty nerf end gun/aim nerf in 9.6 I find it not so super anymore, and I need something refreshing. AW is new and so far I like it a lot!
    I think i'm gonna play a lot of AW in the future. like the way tanks are driven, the aim and shoot. And the way to upgrade tanks without losing progress
    • Arty player. The tanks in AW don't really aim any different to in WOT (though they do tend to be more accurate fully aimed, which fits the tanks in game)
    • I like the way that he doesn't realise that the grind isn't fundamentally any different from WOT. The bar showing grind progress is no different from showing how much XP you have earned on a tank in WOT vs the total needed to melee it elite. Actually, the WOT system allows you to skip modules, whereas the AW one doesn't, you have to grind the XP whether you unlock it or not.
  • no brainwashed stats players...
    • Written as part of one massive block of text in one single paragraph...  Yep, players with good stats are -Totally- the problem in WOT.
  •  not being able to hit a tank at 50 meters...   ...different game for different costumers
    • Erm, aim?
  • then you have the lights, zoom in at 70 kph, hit you got 900 damage on a heavy, you can hit for 300, time you reload hit them again, they hit you in return for yet another 900 , to lights can wipe out a heavy.
    • T49 whine, really? It has less pen than KV-2 and worse aim, and 20s reload. You are in high tier heavy, if it pens you, you got out played.
  • I'm simply getting my E25 and then unistalling.
    • Grind hard to get a tank you have no intention of playing? GJ.
  • I hate being oneshoted by arty, I hate being useless because of stock tank in a horrible MM, I hate lemming-trains, I hate corridor maps, I hate arty RNG (and RNG generally) and being an arty in a town (seriously!), I hate stupid OP tanks such as E-25, I hate T9/10 shooting gold rounds against T8 so they don't need to aim, I hate.....
    • Hates the game so much, he played 12000 games. WG totally did all that in the last patch...
    • I totally see none of that happening in AW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users