World of Tanks VS Armored Warfare

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

puddlee #41 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11910 battles

View PostFuzzyPowa, on 27 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Well WOT is not a free2play game, because it is not free to play t10, you HAVE to pay if u want to play it cuz otherwise u lose credits hard (arty being the only exception, probably). Thus I'm wondering if it's the same "belorussian style" f2p.

At the moment it is pretty much the same in AW too, because they wan't to give ppl incentive to play other tiers so lower tiers actually have players playing there. There were news/rumours that they might change t8+ so that you will come out of every battle with zero or positive balance at tier8+ but there is no official info yet if they will indeed do it or not. Btw this is not p2win in any way, they just want to make sure lower tiers are populated.

Edited by puddlee, 27 September 2015 - 11:26 PM.

Baldrickk #42 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Well WOT is not a free2play game, because it is not free to play t10, you HAVE to pay if u want to play it cuz otherwise u lose credits hard (arty being the only exception, probably). Thus I'm wondering if it's the same "belorussian style" f2p.

And that means you have to pay why?

It is possible to make money at tier X without a premium account

You can always play tanks at more profitable tiers to make credits to fund your fail games at tier X

orthi #43 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23317 battles
  • [COPS] COPS

View Postpuddlee, on 27 September 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

Personally I like both WoT and AW. I am happy that these two games turned out to be different because for a while I was afraid that I will have to choose which one to play but to my surprise I have things I enjoy in both games that the other one doesn't have, that gives me reason to love both and because of that to play both. And like others said competition is always good. :) Btw ppl are happy about how AW arty is designed atm but I personally am not so sure about it. I mean when you play arty, your first objective is to get rid of the enemy arties because if you don't you gona get artied to death, so you cannot really support your team until you finish off the enemy arties. It is fun but it limits your options. As for playing against them, well if every enemy arty is focusing you, god be with you. Getting shot 10 times in a matter of second, low alpha or not is annoying as hell.

Well I played all early access and even in tier VIII games Arty is not as annoying as it is in wot. And afaik there is a max of 2 artillery per game.

While sound and tank models leave room for improvement I like the overall gameplay better. ATGM's can be defeated by the right armor type so not so much of a problem.

What I really love is the way arty is implemented, no more getting rebalanced for all your hp while going full speed in a scout. And there is no premium ammo. If you park your tank correctly you may not be penetrated, as it should be. No more loading skill, noone buying their way to victory. And since the maps are more spacious and open, this is not even unbalanced, as it leaves the possibility for the other team to go around you and dig you out. I really love the concept.

Also the fights feel more dynamic. I will shift over to AW I guess, mainly for the lack of premium ammo, that is spammed abundantly here even in low tier battles now. Armor has a meaning and postioning becomes a viable tactic. I really love it.

vixu #44 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45377 battles

I bet, in the so-much-non-belorussian world "free food" for homeless actually means a diner in a 5-star hotel. 

amashi #45 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15718 battles

the really big difference is this,

just went in wot to play the Conqoror on prokhorovka there was only 1 tier 10 arty on each side, OK i said good enough, along the track to hold pos near base, was spotted tried to wiggle back and forth and then it came 1 shell from their BC.155 basically 1 shot me, left me with 300hp and i was on fire, without auto ex, before i clicked fireex i exploded....

it all toke around 1m from start. 

once i was pissed from this, but now i really don't care about it, funny thing is most of enemy tanks where joking on their arty and making fun of wot balancing... :)  

anyhow in AW it can't happen where arty 1 shot you in full health after 1 m of game time. 

Edited by amashi, 27 September 2015 - 11:33 PM.

vixu #46 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45377 battles

View PostScuka, on 27 September 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

It took me a huge amount of time to get where I am now in WoT.

I have no reason to abandon it all and start over in another game that will never be significantly better than WoT.

^^ This,

AW might have a chance to get new players. But I doubt that it will fare much better then WoT. 

Also, imho, there is a good reason, why WoT did stop on the ww2 era tanks. Once you are adding modern weapons into the mix, the game becomes too complex for a casual game play. 

puddlee #47 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11910 battles

View Postorthi, on 27 September 2015 - 11:28 PM, said:

Well I played all early access and even in tier VIII games Arty is not as annoying as it is in wot. And afaik there is a max of 2 artillery per game.

While sound and tank models leave room for improvement I like the overall gameplay better. ATGM's can be defeated by the right armor type so not so much of a problem.

What I really love is the way arty is implemented, no more getting rebalanced for all your hp while going full speed in a scout. And there is no premium ammo. If you park your tank correctly you may not be penetrated, as it should be. No more loading skill, noone buying their way to victory. And since the maps are more spacious and open, this is not even unbalanced, as it leaves the possibility for the other team to go around you and dig you out. I really love the concept.

Also the fights feel more dynamic. I will shift over to AW I guess, mainly for the lack of premium ammo, that is spammed abundantly here even in low tier battles now. Armor has a meaning and postioning becomes a viable tactic. I really love it.

Well I am not sure if I like the mechanics in AW yet (armor and hit registering), sometimes it is weird maybe because I am used to WoT

FuzzyPowa #48 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14832 battles

View Postvixu, on 27 September 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

I bet, in the so-much-non-belorussian world "free food" for homeless actually means a diner in a 5-star hotel. 

View PostBaldrickk, on 27 September 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

And that means you have to pay why?

It is possible to make money at tier X without a premium account

You can always play tanks at more profitable tiers to make credits to fund your fail games at tier X

I see very few actually know what f2p is and how it profits the game. W/e u say, League of Legends has kicked the crapout of your argument.

orthi #49 Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23317 battles
  • [COPS] COPS

View Postpuddlee, on 27 September 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

Well I am not sure if I like the mechanics in AW yet (armor and hit registering), sometimes it is weird maybe because I am used to WoT

Yeah, that took a couple of matches for me to adapt too. Also the physics, but once used to it, I quite like it. Angling and going hulldown works pretty much the same as it does in WoT. What also comes into play, that different ammo types are useful against different targets, not just a more expensive "pen-all-straight-upgrade". 

And actually I started becoming adapt enough firing on the move, especially in light tanks. Charge forward, get a round off, dodge the fire, get another round off, smokescreen, escape. I am really enjoying that. You could see a progression in players during early access, that showed a move from static sniping matches to more fire-and-maneuver. In stress test it was back to square one, because of new guys influx. But I have high hopes...

Also the tanks feel as if they have more of a weight to them, without being sluggish.

vixu #50 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:00 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45377 battles

View PostFuzzyPowa, on 27 September 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

I see very few actually know what f2p is and how it profits the game. W/e u say, League of Legends has kicked the crapout of your argument.

Funny, how people are trying to prove, that giving them everything for free will profit the game :D. Gifts are not good enough, free is not free enough. That greedy WG. 

Tidal_Force #51 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBaldrickk, on 27 September 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

Some things I found there, and my responses. All typos etc are courtesy of the original poster:

• Its all about making money at WOT
    • Well they are a business, they do need to make money, sure, I think prem tanks are a bit expensive, bit you don't need to buy them to play
  • especially xp requirements for popular tanks being higher
    • Are you talking higher tiers or what? A tank may be slightly more expensive (in XP) if the modules are cheaper, or if there are less of them, this just makes each line match up in XP needed to elite each tank.
  • certain tanks that should have been removed but are still there because premium
    • What? You think people who paid for tanks should have them removed? WG would be soooo popular of that happened...
  • I will continue to play both. Verity is the spice of life.
    • We all need some Verity, where can I find her? ;)
  • special mods for best clans..ect..
    • Special mods? Unless you are taking about warpack... And you only have to pay for that. Will never touch it though, I like my game to look nice.
  • after arty nerf end gun/aim nerf in 9.6 I find it not so super anymore, and I need something refreshing. AW is new and so far I like it a lot!
    I think i'm gonna play a lot of AW in the future. like the way tanks are driven, the aim and shoot. And the way to upgrade tanks without losing progress
    • Arty player. The tanks in AW don't really aim any different to in WOT (though they do tend to be more accurate fully aimed, which fits the tanks in game)
    • I like the way that he doesn't realise that the grind isn't fundamentally any different from WOT. The bar showing grind progress is no different from showing how much XP you have earned on a tank in WOT vs the total needed to melee it elite. Actually, the WOT system allows you to skip modules, whereas the AW one doesn't, you have to grind the XP whether you unlock it or not.
  • no brainwashed stats players...
    • Written as part of one massive block of text in one single paragraph...  Yep, players with good stats are -Totally- the problem in WOT.
  •  not being able to hit a tank at 50 meters...   ...different game for different costumers
    • Erm, aim?
  • then you have the lights, zoom in at 70 kph, hit you got 900 damage on a heavy, you can hit for 300, time you reload hit them again, they hit you in return for yet another 900 , to lights can wipe out a heavy.
    • T49 whine, really? It has less pen than KV-2 and worse aim, and 20s reload. You are in high tier heavy, if it pens you, you got out played.
  • I'm simply getting my E25 and then unistalling.
    • Grind hard to get a tank you have no intention of playing? GJ.
  • I hate being oneshoted by arty, I hate being useless because of stock tank in a horrible MM, I hate lemming-trains, I hate corridor maps, I hate arty RNG (and RNG generally) and being an arty in a town (seriously!), I hate stupid OP tanks such as E-25, I hate T9/10 shooting gold rounds against T8 so they don't need to aim, I hate.....
    • Hates the game so much, he played 12000 games. WG totally did all that in the last patch...
    • I totally see none of that happening in AW.

You must have been bored. That pretty much confirms my suspicions. Thanks.

Schmeksiman #52 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16739 battles
  • [INC] INC

Play whatever is more fun for you, nobody is judging you.

But what I find funny are the people who think WoT is some belorussian game from hell and AW the ultimate game. People don't see that AW isn't even in open beta, there will be a lot more monetizing features added (or else what's the point?) and the more players you get the bigger the problems will be. I've been in alpha and beta for WoWs, at any point I could have bragged how there's no monetizing, everything is free, grind is quick, everyone is equal and the playerbase is skilled.

But that would be a huge lie sine I knew there would be premium ships and gold (again, I don't have a problem with that, that's the point of bussines), grinding would become much longer (in alpha and beta we had only 20% of the grind for testing purposes), people would start playing like complete idiots (in alpha you pretty much knew everyone if you visited the forum) and issues would arise.

When Jingles posted first video of arty in AW every single person was going on how AW solved the arty problem and WG is stupid, that WoT will die out. I made a comment back then that between a few interesting mechanics the arty problem hasn't been solved at all, you just made it to resemble FV304 and constantly click players, same level of annoyance ensured. And naturally everyone bashed me because of it...

I'd rather wait another year when (and if) AW gets a good playerbase to judge between two games, decide which one is better and why.

View PostFuzzyPowa, on 28 September 2015 - 12:49 AM, said:

That depends on what you consider F2P. Personally I think WoT is one of the most fair games out there with some great solutions. Keeping players at mid tiers to grind credits and premium tanks that are worse than normal ones while still providing you with benefits.

But of course some people will complain that premium account is P2W, that you can grind faster, spend less time playing stock, use more premium ammo or whatnot. But honestly, compared to some games where paid users have clear advantage while actually playing, P2W element in WoT is pretty minor.

So unless you're going to prove me that you're able to run a grocery store while giving away everything for free I don't see your point.

FuzzyPowa #53 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14832 battles

View Postvixu, on 28 September 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

Funny, how people are trying to prove, that giving them everything for free will profit the game :D. Gifts are not good enough, free is not free enough. That greedy WG. 

As i said, u have no clue what free to play is all about and LoL clearly proves it works.

puddlee #54 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11910 battles

View Postvixu, on 28 September 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

+1

vixu #55 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:13 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45377 battles

View PostFuzzyPowa, on 28 September 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

As i said, u have no clue what free to play is all about and LoL clearly proves it works.

Ok. you've sparked my interest. What is Free to Play, and how to make money out of it?

puddlee #56 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11910 battles

View PostFuzzyPowa, on 28 September 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

Are you sure LoL is the best example? Dota 2 is way better in terms of what you get for free. If you would start playing LoL today, new account, getting all champions, rune pages and so on how much time would it take? 2-3 years? More? I mean as a completely f2p player. You joking right? :P

Slyspy #57 Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14709 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postvixu, on 28 September 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

Ok. you've sparked my interest. What is Free to Play, and how to make money out of it?

You sell hats. Or things to shorten the grind.

FuzzyPowa #58 Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14832 battles

View Postpuddlee, on 28 September 2015 - 12:14 AM, said:

Are you sure LoL is the best example? Dota 2 is way better in terms of what you get for free. If you would start playing LoL today, new account, getting all champions, rune pages and so on how much time would it take? 2-3 years? More? I mean as a completely f2p player. You joking right? :P

It's the best example in terms of profit. 

iplayforfun2 #59 Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25343 battles

I will likely play both. But for now my money will go towards AW.

I am tired of supporting WGs money grabbing ways. Time to give my dollars to somebody else for a while. I want WOT to improve and the best way I can think of to do that is by helping out the competition.

Edited by squarerigger, 28 September 2015 - 02:33 AM.

Mr_Sukebe #60 Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32900 battles

Well I heard that AW is MUCH more noob friendly.  After all, they're introducing an MM meaning that noobs will get carried.  No getting one shotted by arty.

What you the noobs waiting for?  Stop botting here and go play AW and REALLY enjoy yourselves!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users