Armored Warfare vs WoT

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Hard_Target #1 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71115 battles

Just played open beta,and for now is not even close to WoT!

Another good looking game on screens and trailers.  So who write that AW will be WoT killer,hes way wrong

I just dont like that full moded screen,  WoT is looking more empty and thats how game should look. Not every inch of screens is full, and then u have those long tanks :unsure:

Idk maybe it is better on high tiers, but WoT will be long time without real competitor.

___FOKKER___ #2 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54591 battles
[edited]

Edited by ElTRiC, 08 October 2015 - 02:40 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. ElTRiC

Grand_Moff_Tano #3 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1736 battles
  • [BC28] BC28
Considering the fact they are both different eras it wasn't a true competitor in the first place. Besides, AW is Open Beta, so there is plenty of time for it to grow.

JohnnyMaverik #4 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16903 battles

Haven't tried it yet but I don't find it as exciting to watch as WOT that's for sure.

People love to slag off WOT (feel free to slag off WG as much as u like I'm with you on that one) but we've already seen it can stand up to serious competition, I mean WT was supposed to be the big WOT killer, I tried it, didn't like it much, I gather some did many still liked WOT better and then Gaijin went all weird anyway and yea... O.o... they make WG EU look sane, reasonable and fully in sync with their customer base. I will try AW, I sincerely hope I will enjoy it and from what I've seen it doesn't look bad at all, I had serious concerns about WT Tanks (I still think the flight side of the game is pretty solid) before I started playing it but AW... idk, it looks fine, fun even, just doesn't excite me very much and IDK why :P. Maybe I'll work it out when I play it or maybe WOT has jaded me to the point where only top level play can excite me as a spectator and I'm pretty much only watching Jingles play AW so far... bless him.

Edited by JohnnyMaverik, 08 October 2015 - 01:46 PM.

___FOKKER___ #5 Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54591 battles
When you like `The D`, keep it up

jagdtigerarecoming #6 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12515 battles

Even though AW has CryEngine Wot has better HD models imo

Still, open beta is open beta and everything can be developed further:)

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #7 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 684 battles

View PostHard_Target, on 08 October 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

I just dont like that full moded screen,  WoT is looking more empty and thats how game should look.

Haven't played it although intending to try it soon. From what I've seen so far on a couple of streams that is also the thing I less enjoy in the game (just by watching): too many colours, indications, flashing lights and even the sounds. All makes the game look artificial and resembles the print screens some people post over here where we see those mods that overbear the screen with information and different colours. Also, I asume the tanks in AW are fully representative of real modern armoured vehicles but there's no denying they're extremely ugly.

But luckily these should be simple things easy to retouch, hoping the developers have their attention drawned to them.

Even Jimbo's crosshair - get rid of it. There are many things that should be copied and improved upon WoT from AW but that's not one.

Make the game visually simpler - less is more.

Edited by LegioCenturion, 08 October 2015 - 02:06 PM.

signal11th #8 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36338 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Played AW prefer WOT (although AW has a better handle on the arty)

Brucey75 #9 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 116 battles

WOT is just bland right now, some are just sick of it. It hasn't really changed much in years. Same players moaning about the same stuff, whining about stats. AW is fresh, it's a solid game in it's own right, and it's every bit as good to watch. In fact, I'd say it's better to watch that WOT. What do you get on a WOT stream? watching the higher end players, play all the usual tanks, in the exact same manner - going to the same spots on the same maps, over and over. 

I've played WOT for over 3years [this is only a tester side account for when I want to test stuff] and the 'feel' of the game hasn't changed at all. 

It needed this competition IMO. Might wake them up a bit. 

MBCLK320 #10 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21929 battles

Ive uninstalled WOT since AW alpha test. And it will stay that way.

With regards,

WOT survivor

Datenshi #11 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6688 battles
I like both of them..obviously I prefer WoT atm because I'm the most comfortable with it. However I'm gonna keep both installed and play whatever I feel like...ahhh the luxury of 50gb+ hdds.

ElTRiC #12 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

Player

• Player
  • 23907 battles
Moved to off-topic, as per the rules.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Actually, everybody who uses the term "WoT-Killer" is an idiot by default. WoT won't stop existing only because there is a competitor. And yes, AW is a direct competitor, simply because there are only a few games with tanks on the market.

Which one is better? I don't care. And I especially don't care about what others think. This whole topic is really starting to annoy me quite a lot, seems like people fall back to the age of 12 as soon as these kinds of things happen...

Volatile_Squirrel #14 Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29252 battles

Played it a bit... and you know what, they are the same!

SAME!

Even perks have same names.

Only different tanks.

Tho wg can learn something from them.

Like putting god damn female voices already!

Slopert #15 Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6610 battles

WoT vs AW

@TS you only compare the GUI

And you like the WoT GUI more as the AW GUI so AW isn't a competitor?

AW is a direct competitor of WoT. And AW will snoop players from WoT for sure.

Who would ever tought that World of Warcraft released end 2004 kicked the butt of any MMO at that time (Like Everquest, Linaege etc.) and currently got a huge playerbase compared to (survived) MMO's released before and around 2004?

They key of succes is not to keep satisfy the elite (5%) but the other 95%

That means the developers must listen to the playerbase. If they dont listen, players will leave if there is a better (similar) game that satisfy them more.

WoT can bleed dead if WG doesn't anticipate and AW will blead dead if My.com doens't keep improving the game.

Competition is good for us, competition keep company's evolving to make better products/services.

who_dares_wins #16 Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3065 battles

View PostHard_Target, on 08 October 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Just played open beta,and for now is not even close to WoT!

Another good looking game on screens and trailers.  So who write that AW will be WoT killer,hes way wrong

I just dont like that full moded screen,  WoT is looking more empty and thats how game should look. Not every inch of screens is full, and then u have those long tanks :unsure:

Idk maybe it is better on high tiers, but WoT will be long time without real competitor.

aren't you the guy who claimed that artillery was accurate?

Grand_Moff_Tano #17 Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1736 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostJigabachi, on 08 October 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Actually, everybody who uses the term "WoT-Killer" is an idiot by default. WoT won't stop existing only because there is a competitor. And yes, AW is a direct competitor, simply because there are only a few games with tanks on the market.

Which one is better? I don't care. And I especially don't care about what others think. This whole topic is really starting to annoy me quite a lot, seems like people fall back to the age of 12 as soon as these kinds of things happen...

It's not a direct competitor because both deliver on 2 different things, and that is the Era.

WoT - Interwar to Vietnam

AW - Korea to Future Warfare

Edited by Commodore_Ahsoka_Tano, 08 October 2015 - 06:13 PM.

clocky #18 Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19693 battles
  • [ONB] ONB

So far , I like it.

For players that still prefer WOT , it's a good thing because "Player 3 has entered the game" ( from my perspective Player 3 is much dangerous that Player 2 ) and if WG is stupid enough to waste another share with idiotic EU deals .. well good luck to them.

For players that wanted to get rid of the pro-communists "russki tonks above all'" thinking in this game or the ancient engine and out-of-date graphics again a good thing.

Everyone is happy.

I played around 15 games in AW. Had fun. Of course there are things i don't like : like it feel you drive a box or how the collision model but that is something to be tweaked. Cryengine vs OpenWorld is like comparing Einstein with Putin. 

Edited by clocky, 08 October 2015 - 06:58 PM.

Pony_Princess_Butterfly #19 Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19132 battles
  • [GSQT] GSQT

This is quite interesting,

A whole bunch of of us have kept our same ingame names, moved over to play and test AW and there's no thread on these forums  ... 

We al know who we are, from the Purplest to the tomatoest.

Opinions guys, pls...

Moved from General Discussion and merged. Haatra

Edited by Haatra, 09 October 2015 - 09:27 AM.

N00BT00B #20 Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45261 battles
I just spent £ 50 on a 5, yes 5, premium tonk package, included was a load of credits, gold and 120 days premium time.
the tier6 light tank is a belter!

sorry wg, the money was there for you to have but your offers and weak premiums no longer attract me.

only a type59 on sale and matchmaking/ gameplay improvements will turn my head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users