Jump to content


New wot tactic planning website (wottactic.eu)


  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you try the alternative ui ? (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which one do you like best ?

  1. Old ui (11 votes [40.74%])

    Percentage of vote: 40.74%

  2. New ui (16 votes [59.26%])

    Percentage of vote: 59.26%

Vote Hide poll

Kalith #1 Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33888 battles
  • 177
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

*
POPULAR

wottactic.eu, is a very fast and very easy to use tactic planner akin to maptactic. No registration required, so give it a try.

 


Edited by Kalith, 12 June 2016 - 04:07 PM.


Wyrda1 #2 Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28523 battles
  • 957
  • Member since:
    05-25-2012

We use this for quite some time now, it is really nice.

Also there is little advertisement and it is much faster compared to  maptactics :great:



LilJumpa #3 Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 20912 battles
  • 216
  • [--S--] --S--
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

Hey, nice work there. Been checking it out for a couple of days now and really like it.

 

Haven't been able to save anything though, as the Save Button while logged in doesn't seem to work for me. Tested it with 3 browsers (GC, FF (and IE :hiding:)) 



Kalith #4 Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:38 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33888 battles
  • 177
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

View PostLilJumpa, on 12 October 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

Hey, nice work there. Been checking it out for a couple of days now and really like it.

 

Haven't been able to save anything though, as the Save Button while logged in doesn't seem to work for me. Tested it with 3 browsers (GC, FF (and IE :hiding:)) 

 

Thx for telling me, I broke the stupid button when I added a tooltip. Anyway, fixed

Edited by Kalith, 12 October 2015 - 10:38 PM.


Endranii_PL #5 Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

    Captain

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 23641 battles
  • 2,222
  • Member since:
    04-02-2011
Well, it's nice options for the maptactic that tends to lag or not work during the main prime time's(especially at the events)

Kalith #6 Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:51 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33888 battles
  • 177
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

View PostEndranii_PL, on 12 October 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

Well, it's nice options for the maptactic that tends to lag or not work during the main prime time's(especially at the events)

 

Exactly why I started making this after the last campaign. And I think it turned out a lot nicer than maptactic, it feels a whole lot faster and smoother even when maptactic isn't lagging, try using them back to back.

Edited by Kalith, 13 October 2015 - 12:55 AM.


FooWayTheTacoMaster #7 Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:36 AM

    Captain

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 32734 battles
  • 2,425
  • [NOS] NOS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013
I like it and I'm currently using it. Much faster to draw tanks, save stuff and that. The only thing that maptactic is more comfortable for the user is to draw lines and arrows. Not to mention the adds and blabla

Edited by fooway, 13 October 2015 - 01:36 AM.


Kalith #8 Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33888 battles
  • 177
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

View Postfooway, on 13 October 2015 - 01:36 AM, said:

I like it and I'm currently using it. Much faster to draw tanks, save stuff and that. The only thing that maptactic is more comfortable for the user is to draw lines and arrows. Not to mention the adds and blabla

 

I think you just missed the fact that you can hold shift to draw multi-part lines and arrows. Now that I think of it, I should probably make a mention of that in the tooltip.


Edited by Kalith, 13 October 2015 - 01:14 PM.


FooWayTheTacoMaster #9 Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:36 PM

    Captain

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 32734 battles
  • 2,425
  • [NOS] NOS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2013
Well, how could I know? :trollface: Thx for the tip

Tarantula_xD #10 Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 19323 battles
  • 1,060
  • [MSGA] MSGA
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
And please no .tk domain! Literally 99.9% of all .TK hosted sites are malware or stuff like that :)

NakedPassenger #11 Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32129 battles
  • 578
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-29-2013
Cool stuff.

Kalith #12 Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33888 battles
  • 177
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012
A friendly pre-campaign reminder, I think this is still the best cw planning tool out there.

RoboTehKatalonianKurd #13 Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18577 battles
  • 225
  • [NAUTY] NAUTY
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012

View PostKalith, on 22 November 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

A friendly pre-campaign reminder, I think this is still the best cw planning tool out there.

 

its really good, for us FC when we dont have too much time for prepare a fast tactic this site give us that opportunity.

maroar #14 Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29488 battles
  • 2,462
  • [G__G] G__G
  • Member since:
    10-02-2012

View PostKalith, on 22 November 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

A friendly pre-campaign reminder, I think this is still the best cw planning tool out there.

 

I wish I knew who would have made this, so I could thank him, if only I knew QQ

D34DSH0T #15 Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 66415 battles
  • 441
  • [FAIME] FAIME
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

Really nice job mate, would give more up votes, but am restricted to the 1 - so you get this shiny medal instead!:medal:


Edited by D34DSH0T, 11 December 2015 - 09:25 PM.


shishx_the_animal #16 Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

    Colonel

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 30729 battles
  • 3,861
  • [FAIME] FAIME
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013
It's a fun tool to draw pictures of penises and swastikas while someone is explaining the tactics.

Athanati_Este #17 Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39864 battles
  • 717
  • [K4E] K4E
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012
I think it got overloaded last night aroud 11pm gmt+1

Kalith #18 Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33888 battles
  • 177
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

I spent the weekend updating it a bit.

 

- Added full range color selection (on every browser that supports <input type='color'&gt;).

- Added the option to draw dotted lines/curves/shapes/etc.

- Much nicer looking arrows.

- Faster, smoother drawing code.

- Fixed some issues with some (mostly mobile) browsers.

 

I added image and json export of your own tactics. If anyone else wants to support the format, contact me and I'll help you get started. 

 

I've also created a tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-yl_WNjvwk. I'm well aware it sucks, I challenge you to do better and I'll redirect them to you.

 

I think it now pretty much has all the features of any similar tools out there that I know of.

 

Next I'll be looking at the maps. They should all be there and should all be up to date. But I want to add caps that are to scale, a toggle-able grid and a consistent color scheme.

 

I'm also still looking for someone to translate it into Russian, if you know anyone who could help me, please let me know.

 

Anyway if you haven't tried it yet, try it now. And If you have any suggestions, please let me know.



H311fi5h #19 Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 41315 battles
  • 1,053
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

I have two wishes if I may:

 

1) The function to show multiple tactics (not just slides) with the same link/room. Imagine I'm playing a tournament with several maps. I will have prepared and saved my tactics before the tournament. Now I want to walk the players through each of them as the maps come up. Currently I have to send everyone to a new link every time. This gets confusing really fast. I would suggest you add the function to create a sort of presentation. The saved tactics could be added to that presentation and then switched between the rounds. So you can have 20000 tactics saved in your account, but you want to play 8 of those in a Go4WoT cup. Then you add those 8 tactics to your presentation for that cup and brief your players without having 20 tabs in your browser. Sure, I can use the slides, but then they are all stuck in the same save, so I cannot combine them in a different way. Or I add all my tactics to the same save, but then I cannot comfortably cicle through the slides anymore during a tournament, but need to click through a hundred tactics until I find the one I'm looking for.

 

2) A more advanced user permission system, allowing me to set permissions for different users or groups of users. Image something like google drive. I could make a folder containing various tactics for CW, and I would give read&write permissions to the officers in my clan, while members get read only. I would have another folder with tactics for my ESL team so we can work on those together etc. Combining this with 1) you would gain the ability to make a presentation with multiple tactics created by different users all in one link/room. This would be amazing.

 

Your work is much appretiated!



Kalith #20 Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:47 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33888 battles
  • 177
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

View PostH311fi5h, on 07 March 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

I have two wishes if I may:

 

1) The function to show multiple tactics (not just slides) with the same link/room. Imagine I'm playing a tournament with several maps. I will have prepared and saved my tactics before the tournament. Now I want to walk the players through each of them as the maps come up. Currently I have to send everyone to a new link every time. This gets confusing really fast. I would suggest you add the function to create a sort of presentation. The saved tactics could be added to that presentation and then switched between the rounds. So you can have 20000 tactics saved in your account, but you want to play 8 of those in a Go4WoT cup. Then you add those 8 tactics to your presentation for that cup and brief your players without having 20 tabs in your browser. Sure, I can use the slides, but then they are all stuck in the same save, so I cannot combine them in a different way. Or I add all my tactics to the same save, but then I cannot comfortably cicle through the slides anymore during a tournament, but need to click through a hundred tactics until I find the one I'm looking for.

 

This wouldn't be all that hard really. Programmatically it would just be a matter of taking the slides from tactic A and dump them in tactic B and it should all be fine. Just need to figure out a way to present it properly. Would something like an 'add slide from link/id' button be acceptable ? The advantage is that the link can come from pretty much everywhere so you can immediately combine tactics from different users, or tactics that have not been stored.

 

View PostH311fi5h, on 07 March 2016 - 02:34 AM, said:

2) A more advanced user permission system, allowing me to set permissions for different users or groups of users. Image something like google drive. I could make a folder containing various tactics for CW, and I would give read&write permissions to the officers in my clan, while members get read only. I would have another folder with tactics for my ESL team so we can work on those together etc. Combining this with 1) you would gain the ability to make a presentation with multiple tactics created by different users all in one link/room. This would be amazing.

 

This is trickier. I don't necessarily want to deal with user groups/read&write permission, etc. Working on a tactic together even offline is easy enough, just use the same link. Even if you both leave the tactic will still be there when you open that same link later. I'm not saying something like this won't happen, but it's not a priority. 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users