WOT or AW: Your choice

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #21 Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2743 battles

View PostShufuni, on 19 October 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

As above, plus for me, I feel that the outcome of the decisions made in game produce results along the lines you would expect, without the trolling results cooked up via RNG.

Yes, 10% is a lot lot different than 25%. RNG plays a very minimum role in AW - for the most part it's not even "felt" and that's how it should be.

Just gonna add something up that forgot mentioning: the only thing I "dislike" in AW is the scale on the battle's interface. Now I understand why in WOT there isn't much proportion between tanks and every other object part of the scenery. That's actual beneficial for the game-play and AW should perhaps copy it. Do you know when in WOT you park a tank next to a house and both objects are almost the same size? Doesn't make much sense of course but it's better than in AW. Because in AW everyting is in proportion the tanks look too small. Even 250m or 300m away is often hard to clearly see the enemy tank. That's so far the only drawback I see in the game. All else seems clearly on the right track.

BloodWolF #22 Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28056 battles
AW... well someone may like it I don't way too much mess out there. Or just my roots in WoT are too strong...

Folau #23 Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:19 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15481 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

WoT for Siemka Klanu Temaplu, and I play Rocket League around it. Tried AW but can't be bothered with another tonk game just for the sake of it.

Amusingly my complaints about being matched with utter muppets are still true there, but there is very little RNG so I feel like the result is more a reflection of my abilities (or lack thereof).

Orangeminus #24 Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12969 battles
Each day I get a little closer to downloading AW

lifelessgamer #25 Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5563 battles

Playing both atm.

Not sure what WoT has over AW.

Dragos_CS #26 Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20213 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Tried it. Too much stuff left to polish and tweak about the gane in terms of balance and mechanics and im not the kind of person to be willing to spend my time being a test subject. Thats why i also left WoWS for now.

JaffaStar #27 Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51971 battles

You compare an Beta version game with an very old running game .. is it fair ?? That game is still in development .. and , in my opinion is very close to WOT and in some areas is much better ... first .. you have the PVE , where you can learn your tank .. you can upgrade it .. i do not knowthere , bu here the premium + auto aim + WG help + RNG help .. have an immense WN 8 and a lot of shells just pop up from them or just fly through , i see that few times

i saw many times that if Wg want you to loose a battle , well RNG start to work very hard .. and you have a lot of miss and the other team .. no miss at all no matter how they shoot , they always hit the target ... and the arty sattelite view .. pls ... what is this AW ?? and the tanks here are moving so fast like they have modern tank engines .. scout tank moving with 70 in desert or forest ... pls ... is more Sci Fi then AW .. 

and those who defend WOT .. pls spare me with your mockery ... 

Frostilicus #28 Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22830 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
Don't care about either game just now, but I'll probably play more WoT than AW in the near future, not playing WoWs or WT either at the moment, so I'm all about Equality :)

dennez #29 Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17979 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Playing AW for PVE (in platoons) and WoT for chatting in the garage and some solo action (only been playing my T20). Sold off just about all of my tanks/prems in WoT and use the money to buy some old favourites back, i play4fun now. Not going to spend any more money on either game and will let my WoT prem time run out. Even play some WoWS occasionally, i find that game very relaxing.

tumppi776 #30 Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45949 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

Thing is: the more people leave for AW - the better both products will be.

AW - bcs they might get higher revenue to continue development further

WoT - bcs of competition

Now that AW in in Open Beta - everyone should try it.

zapbrannigan93 #31 Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14868 battles
I've been playing AW since early access 1 and I have to say it's not as good! the maps are to cluttered,the spotting mechanics needs work and tank balance is a major issue. Oh and the mm is in retard mode! Still the arty seems to be much less annoying and its in beta still so it will be slowly sorted out but I have to say wot plays a lot better. They have pve however which is great for unstocking your tank but pvp is way to broken to play atm

fREDDY2 #32 Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18484 battles

Don't have the time to play as much WOT as I would like, so I am not going to even try AW. I have invested too much time and money in WOT, so as long as there are always people in chat to toon and laugh with then I don't see the point in playing another game.

I am happy with where I am in WOT, I have unlocked many of the tanks I want, I have a good variety of decent tanks and crews, I am still learning how not to be a noob and although it does have its faults, I still look forward to powering up the PC and hitting the WOT button. Until that changes, or everyone else goes then I guess I will be sticking with it.

black_dragon_tank #33 Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39730 battles
  • [ICNS] ICNS
Wot all the way dispite everything wrong at this moment. aw looks like lego toys world with funny voices and even funnier gun sounds.

Edited by Dex022, 20 October 2015 - 10:39 AM.

Shaka_D #34 Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles

If people are staying with WoT out of 'loyalty' then I seriously question their sanity and ability to rationalise. I once had loyalty toward WG but found myself alone in the hope of them improving a few glaring issues that have been in the game for years, and since it was mostly a one-sided relationship with WG I've learned that the only person that can make me happy is me. I play games where I have the most fun, and by no means does it mean I have to stick with one title, I can play whatever grabs fancy, from company of heroes, fishing planet, AW, WoWs, various Star Wars titles, etc. It's how I feel at that particular point in time. The only game I truly don't feel like returning to is WoT, but maybe that'll change over time.

The beauty of competition is it gives us choice and we should relish in that. If players are really enjoying WoT then let them; if some find their kicks come more from playing AW or anything else, then so be it.

Slyspy #35 Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14457 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm sticking with WoT. I only really have time for one online game  and since I struggle to enjoy the grind in WoT I very much doubt that I'll do so in a game which is so very similar but of much less interest to me. I can't even find the time or enthusiasm to play and grind WoWS and that did interest me right from the off.

Lol_N00b #36 Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

I tried AW for about a week, as I had premium time & premium tank from Stress test. For a couple of first days I was thrilled, but now I don't really know why I should play. PVE missions were fun but are too repetitive. They also have an annoying habit of spawning enemy tanks out of thin air, even right next to you and then consecutively shooting a round at your butt before you can time to even turn. They also seem to spawn at exactly same spots, so you can really farm damage if you know exactly where and when.

I must admit that my personal performance in that game is so awful that it isn't encouraging. In the first couple of days I was somewhere near the middle in PVP and PVE battles, but now I find myself last or second last. So I was outskilled pretty quickly. And I don't need two tank games where I do poorly, so I will be playing AW less.

SillyBoyLemon #37 Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5808 battles
  • [UXB] UXB
Trying to raise my battle count in WOT so just don't have the time to play another fairly similar title. I have downloaded the open beta and had one battle, was a tier 1 against mainly tier 3s.... blimey! Tank felt clunky and handled like a wardrobe. Overall the experience was somewhat unpleasant and unsettling. It usually takes me months to get into a new game, but those first impressions are all important. First time I played WOT I played it for ages straight out the box, it just sort of felt 'comfortable'.  

cu_chulainn_ #38 Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45802 battles
I tried aw a cpl of weeks ago played a few nights to give it a go but I didn't like it at all so uninstalled. I wouldn't play both and feel wot is much better so an easy choice for me

Gloris #39 Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19748 battles

Many will probably stick with WoT.

Not because WoT is better mind you, but because it's more comfortable, they got used to it for years.

Switching would mean leaving some old friends behind, it would mean getting used to a different metagame and having to learn everything anew, it would mean starting from 0.

Does not mean WoT is better, just that it was here first.

Shaka_D #40 Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 20 October 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

I'm sticking with WoT. I only really have time for one online game  and since I struggle to enjoy the grind in WoT I very much doubt that I'll do so in a game which is so very similar but of much less interest to me. I can't even find the time or enthusiasm to play and grind WoWS and that did interest me right from the off.

That's a good point on the 'grind'. Even with me playing WoWS more I'm finding the grind tedious so have decided to stick to tier 5 to 7 as my target across all lines and hopefully never progress to tier 8 and beyond as a goal. It'll happen when it happens and for once in my miserable gaming existence I've dropped worrying about stats and actually having quite a bit of fun. It does becomes monotonous quite quickly, so extended gaming sessions are a no go, but at least they're adding night battles and a bit more variety soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users