Ammorack RNG or not?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Everlaasti #1 Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18883 battles
  • [HTRD] HTRD

Alright so, i've always wondered is it just me or on purpose. When ever i lose ammorack, its almost guaranteed that i lose it again if i repair it. This have bugged more for..well as long as i can remember. Specially if i get shot by same guy its like 99 out of 100 when i lose it again

So was wondering, is anyone else having the same trouble?

K_A #2 Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13670 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Have you considered the possibility that that guy just knows where your ammorack is and is intentionally trying to damage it?

Everlaasti #3 Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18883 battles
  • [HTRD] HTRD

Well..if about 99% of times when i lose ammo once i lose it twice(some lucky times i bounce the next shots or just 0 dmg to tracks etc), even if shot comes from different person. I guess they just always know the location then...

Besides, most of the times i have holes in my ammorack locations yet the racks are untouched, but then when i lose it once its certain to lose it again. I just have feeling that if RNG gives you value to lose ammorack, it probably wont change for the next incoming shot(s) so will result in losing it again almost certainly.

I've also noted when shooting enemys, you score rack hit once next shot blows it up if they are not repairing it. 

YouPuB #4 Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16667 battles

View PostEverlaasti, on 05 November 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Well..if about 99% of times when i lose ammo once i lose it twice(some lucky times i bounce the next shots or just 0 dmg to tracks etc), even if shot comes from different person. I guess they just always know the location then...

Besides, most of the times i have holes in my ammorack locations yet the racks are untouched, but then when i lose it once its certain to lose it again. I just have feeling that if RNG gives you value to lose ammorack, it probably wont change for the next incoming shot(s) so will result in losing it again almost certainly.

I've also noted when shooting enemys, you score rack hit once next shot blows it up if they are not repairing it.

I think it's your feeling that is biaised. Nothing special about this as its normal human reaction..

In theory, modules such as ammoracks have hp. every shot fired that hits removes hps, until it's broken. It works on tracks ( for instance an ARL gun shell will have enough dmg (300) to break the module (track for instance) of an ennemy, while the cromwell with its lower damage/shot will need more shots to remove the modules hps.

Once the module hp, on certain modules such as ammorack, fuels tanks (and engine but they take less chance to burn than fuel tanks) will roll a dice to determine if it explodes and then (one shot the tank for ammorack or sets on fire for fuels tanks).

However, the more the diameter, the more likely the chance of module damages are. Shell types affect this as well as hesh/he have higher module damages. ap/apcr/heat have the same.

Some really good tanks (all around) are often balanced this way by getting huge modules damages, fuels tanks and ammorack everywhere (IS-3, ru 251, ru meds in general, light german tds, leopards, amx 30/30B, etc..)

Panocek #5 Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29055 battles

View PostYouPuB, on 06 November 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

I think it's your feeling that is biaised. Nothing special about this as its normal human reaction..

In theory, modules such as ammoracks have hp. every shot fired that hits removes hps, until it's broken. It works on tracks ( for instance an ARL gun shell will have enough dmg (300) to break the module (track for instance) of an ennemy, while the cromwell with its lower damage/shot will need more shots to remove the modules hps.

Once the module hp, on certain modules such as ammorack, fuels tanks (and engine but they take less chance to burn than fuel tanks) will roll a dice to determine if it explodes and then (one shot the tank for ammorack or sets on fire for fuels tanks).

However, the more the diameter, the more likely the chance of module damages are. Shell types affect this as well as hesh/he have higher module damages. ap/apcr/heat have the same.

Some really good tanks (all around) are often balanced this way by getting huge modules damages, fuels tanks and ammorack everywhere (IS-3, ru 251, ru meds in general, light german tds, leopards, amx 30/30B, etc..)

For internal modules there is RNG whether shell that hit lets say ammorack will do the damage. If RNG rolls it won't, shell does no damage and disappears, so it won't cause any more critical harm. If roll is for dealing damage, then shell deals its critical damage +-25% (I think) AND continues to fly further. If it hit next module, then RNG rolls again dmg chance. IMO it is a good decision, 100% for dealing module damage you can see in WT or in Red Orchestra, getting one shot every time someone hits ammo isn't as fun as "realism" guys think.

In some tanks, notably US M103, T110Ex and M48 driver sits between ammoracks, so if someone exposes front of his tank at near 90 degrees, there is high chance of at least ammo damage, if not outright ammorekt (shell first deals full damage to the track at return roller, most likely knocking it down, penetrates hull side, meets first ammorack, then driver can be in a way then damaging ammorack for 2nd time with one shell is possibility if RNGesus doesn't like you).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users