• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

L0ddy #1 Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

After a little hard graft, I managed to achieve 3x M.O.E

Purely a defensive TD due to it's unique play style, lot's of fun and it can rack up the kills in the right position. However..... master the driving part and you could relentlessly stalk your prey. Bino's, full camo & GLD, optics for the hunter.

It took me 100 battles over 2 days:

911 average damage

208 average assist/spotting

160 kills

50.51 w/r

Spoiler

3k damage, 1.5k spotting, 5 kills, ran out of shells...

http://wotreplays.co...ka-l0ddy-archer

2k damage, 3rd moe

http://wotreplays.co...ld-l0ddy-archer

Happy tanking chaps:)

Edit,

Converted to Hall of Fame, show us yours!

:honoring:

Edited by L0ddy, 22 January 2017 - 04:22 PM.

Shizubot #2 Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30361 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
Nice work. I don't think I could personally stand playing the Archer due to the driving style :)

Neandramathal #3 Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35783 battles

Just started going for the MOE's on this this morning (after finishing the AT-8, urgh that was a pain), and so far it seems to be either 2k+ dmg or 200, there doesn't seem to be any inbetween. Almost every game ends in being derped or artied, with a decent team you can't keep up due to having to turn around every time you wish to shoot, plus the amount of games where you fire 1 shot and then an O-I derps it for full hp. Everyone and their dog at this tier seem to be running derp guns.

It's not terrible, but it really doesn't suit the current state of the maps imo. A defensive TD is really going to suffer with the limited firing ranges that most of them present, seeing Malinovka or Prokorhovka a bit more frequently would make me quite happy... never seeing Tundra again would make me positively ecstatic!

L0ddy #4 Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostNeandramathal, on 10 November 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Just started going for the MOE's on this this morning (after finishing the AT-8, urgh that was a pain), and so far it seems to be either 2k+ dmg or 200, there doesn't seem to be any inbetween. Almost every game ends in being derped or artied, with a decent team you can't keep up due to having to turn around every time you wish to shoot, plus the amount of games where you fire 1 shot and then an O-I derps it for full hp. Everyone and their dog at this tier seem to be running derp guns.

It's not terrible, but it really doesn't suit the current state of the maps imo. A defensive TD is really going to suffer with the limited firing ranges that most of them present, seeing Malinovka or Prokorhovka a bit more frequently would make me quite happy... never seeing Tundra again would make me positively ecstatic!

hehe, yeah Tundra is in my top 5 most disliked maps.

the problem with defensive td's is that you are fairly reliant on your team spotting for you, and remaining unspotted whilst shooting. out of my 100 games, 25% or so were less than 600 dmg, mostly due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, something you can't really help, especially when the team steamroll and then you are left chasing after them.

i experimented on malinovka by spotting in the central bush from the nw spawn, one game 700dmg damage & 1.7k spotting, a second was 3k damage & 1.5k spotting (replay in top post).

the o-i's are troublesome, i mostly lob prem ammo, but try and track them as much as possible.

good luck with the moe grind, pretty sure you'll nail it quicker than i did:)

Neandramathal #5 Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35783 battles

The games vary so wildly, get spotted and you're dead. I'd be quite happy with some mid-range damage if it was at least consistent, instead of the press fire and die games :(

Despite a lot of the lower tier maps being city, I think this is one of the tanks that the map-by-tier thing has actually really helped, the other tanks that have really benefitted are the slow ones, as a lot of those maps are smaller.

Seem to have stagnated around 90% atm, hopefully I can finish the grind before the 100 games mark, although the first 60 were played when it was released and a totally different experience (ah Hidden Village, how much I hated that map in the Archer ><). Had a couple of real standout games, including my highest XP in any tank - http://wotreplays.co...ramathal-archer - but the boost it gave to the MOE was quickly rendered a waste by the 3 low damage games that followed :( Hope to join you soon in the 3stripes club!

L0ddy #6 Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostNeandramathal, on 10 November 2015 - 07:48 PM, said:

The games vary so wildly, get spotted and you're dead. I'd be quite happy with some mid-range damage if it was at least consistent, instead of the press fire and die games :(

Despite a lot of the lower tier maps being city, I think this is one of the tanks that the map-by-tier thing has actually really helped, the other tanks that have really benefitted are the slow ones, as a lot of those maps are smaller.

Seem to have stagnated around 90% atm, hopefully I can finish the grind before the 100 games mark, although the first 60 were played when it was released and a totally different experience (ah Hidden Village, how much I hated that map in the Archer ><). Had a couple of real standout games, including my highest XP in any tank - http://wotreplays.co...ramathal-archer - but the boost it gave to the MOE was quickly rendered a waste by the 3 low damage games that followed :( Hope to join you soon in the 3stripes club!

3.6k and a radleys.... awesome:B

Neandramathal #7 Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35783 battles

Well, objective achieved.

If only I could play all games at the level I played the last 10 or so, the average damage would be so much better! Still, happy with the result... now, what tank to try get next, I know which I'd LIKE to get but it seems I'm never getting above 90% again ¬.¬

Edited by Neandramathal, 11 November 2015 - 11:48 AM.

L0ddy #8 Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 77528 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

good job Sir!!

welcome to the club:teethhappy:

:)

PowJay #9 Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30873 battles

Congratulations. I am VERY close to two and will be keeping this amazing TD. After this battle, I am on 84.4%

http://wotreplays.com/site/2334034#stats

Purely defensive? Whatever! :izmena:

Edited by PowJay, 13 December 2015 - 07:14 PM.

lordbeefy #10 Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25538 battles
i tried it the last few days....i love td gameplay, im a bit of a camper/sniper....this thing though is just plain shite, sorry, nothing in it for me at all....sold.

PowJay #11 Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30873 battles

You probably won't come back here, or be swayed, lordbeefy, but I expected to hate this vehicle. To cut a long story short, I did very badly in the Valentine- TWICE (since WG introduced a new UK line) and did not do any better in the Valentine AT. So here is a vehicle that you have to drive around backwards based on the same chassis.

However, here is the big deal- the 17pdr gun.

I have fitted a gun rammer because I do to almost every vehicle. RoF is a winner every time. I have not fitted an EGLD because the re-aim time between shots is OK. With camo and binos as my standard TD extras, I am ready to go.

ALL of my crew are presently on 84% camo and with camo paint, I seem to be able to hide reasonably well. Not being hit starts with not being seen and I seem to be doing a pretty good job. I will be switching the Commander to 6th sense, of course.

The firepower is awesome. I just came at (or very near to) the top on damage in a tier VII match yesterday with 1700 damage- mostly to three tier VIIs (and a scout that stuck his nose where it wasn't needed) and today I got Confederate and High Calibre in a tier V and that includes 3 kills.

It does require a degree of team support most of the time. It is not often that I feel able to carry in this, but something is going right when you consider my 54% WR in 200 games and my second MoE. Wn8 1600 or so. 1.24 kills/game and 669 average damage- more than my beloved StuG IIIG

If ever a vehicle in WoT had a unique playing style, this is one and with those stats, it's a keeper.

Edited by PowJay, 09 January 2016 - 12:24 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users