Featured Clan, Clans Wars Operation Safari: NOS

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #1 Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

Senior Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18303 battles
  • [WG] WG

Fooway, the clan diplomat for NOS gave us a short interview after winning the recently finished Operation Safari Event!

Where did the clan name come from and how was your clan formed?

NOS comes from the Latin expression "Novus ordo seclorum", the era of NOS. We are using the confederate flag as our clan logo because here we are all slaves of our dear leader and in NOS democracy is an overvalued term! The official version is that our beloved leader admires how the confederate army managed to get some famous victories with less resources, how they fought and the tactics its commanders used.

The clan was first formed with German speaking players, then they decided to add a second team of Romanian players. The mix was working and they had the opportunity to recruit a group of Spanish players (this was the point when I have become a member of the clan). It is funny that this was the point of no return. The clan became fully international and now we have players from a lot of nationalities. This summer was particularly crucial in that sense.

Do you have requirements for joining your clan, if so what is the reasoning behind them?

As every clan we have some requirements taking into account the (in)famous wn8 because some of our officers are stat maniacs and they are trying to improve the clan every day. However, two facts are really important. We want "clan players" which means that they have to participate in clan activities regularly. So basically we are a CW and SH clan focusing on activity and good atmosphere. The reason for these requirements is to keep the clan working and improving, also to make sure that you are not enjoying things that you are not earning. In a nutshell, if you only want a smiley face on your tank this is not your place.

What do you feel is the best aspect of being in a clan and doing Clan Wars?

Well, for me CWs is the most fun game mode and the most challenging. It grants you the opportunity to fight against better clans and prove yourself: it is all about teamplay, strategy and reactions. It is also a matter of prestige and winning the respect of your enemies on the battlefield. Apart from that Strong Holds is the best feature implemented in the game for a long-long time. It makes the clan fight together more frequently so you know the guys better and have lots of hours of fun. So let's say that this is also a social thing.

What was your goal for this event?

To perform as well as possible. We spoke about being in the top 15, but when I read the rules, it changed my mind and I knew that we had a serious chance of being in the top10, so to get the 100 FCMs was my main priority. Events are also about the prestige and the name of the clan, so to trying to get in a better position was also important.

Looking back how close were you to reach that goal?

Well, since we won it is obvious that we crossed that line. Frankly, it was the 3rd day when PSOP stopped our task that I fully understood the rules and what had to be our strategy to get higher in the rankings. So we tried to generate the maximum amount of daily battles on the global map and not in landing tournaments. We could have fought even more, given that we had 80 guys online a lot of afternoons but you never know whether it's going to be 60 or 70 and due to the penalties we didn't want to reach a point of having 8 battles at the same time and only 6 teams. When we were in the final stages we realized that we had serious chances of winning so we put the necessary effort into making it and on the last day we already knew that it was very likely to happen. So sticking to the idea of doing better every day we did it. This clan has always been about this.

What do you think about the theme of the event and do you have any suggestions for themes for future ones?

It is probably fun but I don't really like it. I prefer the more epic themes for these events or campaigns.

How did you feel this event compared to the previous events?

There is a margin for improvement, but it was much better than in other events. It was a really nice balance among battle points and tasks. It also gave value to the whole clan, to the 100 players a clan can have and not just the best team, the best 10 - 15 players. So we are probably talking about the best event in terms of rules.

What clan do you feel was a tough opponent and why?

Our hardest battles were against FAME in Ensk and RSOP in Karelia. We had some chances to win those battles but they were better and they deserved those victories. For me those were the hardest opponents in the event. I could also mention 3XR. We play tier X skirmishes against them but in this event we only played 1 battle against them and we won, it was the last day in our main task.

Which tank do you feel is essential to victory in Clan Wars and why?

This event was completely dominated by T-54 ltwt and so is tier VIII in general. I don't really like this format of 10 tanks in tier VIII. I think it simplifies the game mode a lot which is not good. This question, for example, would be harder to answer in tier X, which in the end is better because it means that more tanks are essential.

What advice would you give to clans who are not yet involved in Clan Wars and are considering getting started?

When I play against clans that are starting and that are probably worse than us I admire those who don't camp and try to win. Whether it works or not this game is more fun when you try to play, when you try to win, no matter if you lose. You will never improve if you are camping even if it makes you win one battle.

Finally sum up your clan in max three words

Not enough words :trollface:

seelina #2 Posted 18 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32540 battles
  • [S_4_S] S_4_S
Well done!

yossshua #3 Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41524 battles