Clan Wars: The Fourth Campaign Incoming

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Jonathan_Strange #221 Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18481 battles

View PostMaxmk6, on 19 November 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

PM's massively devalued my account, that's a fact.

PMs crews lower the value of your crews but in such extremely small percentage that it is close to zero. I have around 25 crews with 3-5 skills in my garage. Those 2 I got from PM have not lower my feel of their value (and I have always retrained them for gold when needed - basically I have invested into them a lot as well). Now you are just talking pure BS stuff that no one else noticed so far.

IF you have invested so hard in getting good crews you still profit from them since those extra 2 that anyone can get (3 is hard, 4 super unlikely) are used only on limited amount of tanks (2-4 respectively). Your thesis is right only when you have 2-4 super good crews and play only 2-4 tanks (+ possible prems for them). If so then it is your fault of having limited number of "goods" and such scenario is possible for beginner player that grinds 2-4 lines only. Even more, you never know if tank you fight have PM's crew (the chance of it is really unlikely since each player have up to 4 of them and probably play more then 4 tenks).

Of course crews are important but I think you are overvaluing their meaning in game. After getting 6th sense and repairs you can basically outplay anyone, even ppl with 5+ skills on their crews. Good crews helps but the skill factor is most important.

Edited by EnslavedAtlas, 19 November 2015 - 05:30 PM.

Ulfhedinn_ #222 Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View PostEnslavedAtlas, on 19 November 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

IF you have invested so hard in getting good crews you still profit from them since those extra 2 that anyone can get (3 is hard, 4 super unlikely) are used only on limited amount of tanks (2-4 respectively). Your thesis is right only when you have 2-4 super good crews and play only 2-4 tanks (+ possible prems for them).

There's no IF about it, at the point PM's were introduced I'd played approx 33k games crew training, all on prem account, not for tank grinding, I'd literally only just got my first tier 10 at that point cuz I'd spent so much time crew training. And almost all the prem tanks I bought were for crew training, for extra daily doubles. And it's actually the other way around, I suffer for having dozens of crew of at approx 3 skill, the PM crew start almost as good as they are already, then permanently train faster so WILL overtake them (it's completely pointless continuing to train those now slower training crew). If I'd put all my training into just a few crews, they'd be easily 7 skill by now and largely unassailable from the PM 2 skill crews, even with their faster training. And in practical terms, I'm inherently active so I played lights & mediums, I'm disadvantaged in new meds I get & in all the new higher tier lights, cuz I have to start new crews on them, while arty players, campers, tooners, better players, get PM crews to put on those active tanks which is a massive advantage. And then I guess they use their tier 6 & 8 lights & meds with superior PM crews in early stages of CW's to cash in on that advantage. And aside from the crew skill / faster training issue, there's the fact those PM female crew represent at least a third of the crew portrait content, and the most interesting third, and like the existing crew portraits weren't already completed exhausted for garages as big as mine. Plus they prohibited me buying the Berlin tanks for their crew, cuz wtf should I have to spend money to get these faster training crew when I can't get the ones available for free in game? (Like spending to mitigate against disadvantage instead of spending positively for optimisation). Imo PM crew properly & completely broke the game, playing field too crocked, ivory tower too obscene, made my account peasant class & the game pointless. But it's a waste of time discussing, I won't change my opinion cuz from my perspective it's right, I've tried to work with it & around it & it's not possible.

Edit re below, I had a totally positive view of the game before PM's (up to approx 33k games), even to the point of being a customer advocate, that's why I'm adamant I wasn't whining about reward reward tanks in January but rather only positively lobbying for a slight improvement (as I saw it), cuz it was before PM's. I was still on board with WOT's and with CW's (although not necessarily with CW's campaigns), as per me buying 4 tier 8 prems last Xmas even after I didn't get a reward tank and had learnt how elitist the reward tank system was. PM reward crew broke my view of the game. And I think that's reasonable, from what I read PM's were originally conceived by WG to address the inequity of reward in the game, where a minority were getting tons (like out of CW's) but nothing else for the rest. But instead of fixing that inequity, PM's made it a million times worse, exactly those being rewarded through CW's are the ones who've benefited the most from PM's. PM's could have been loads of fun & good if they'd only been for nice-to-have rewards, like silver & reward tanks, but they compromised the whole game including those essential crew.

Edited by Maxmk6, 20 November 2015 - 01:15 PM.

RaeudigerRonny #223 Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 28528 battles
Always funny to read how players with 40k battles and more can have such a broken view on a game.

RaeudigerRonny #224 Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 28528 battles

Those crews are not essential for the game. You seem to completely misunderstand the importance of crews. You need a standard amount of skills (Sixth Sense, BIA, Gunnery Skills, Repairs/Camo), everything else is not important in competitive gamemodes. Nobody cares if you have 4 or 6 skills... 

What is way more important is the ability to play your tank. Im sorry to say, but you seem to have wasted a huge amount of time and money into an utterly wrong goal of the game. CW players are not picked/recruited by the amount of crews they have, but by their skills in driving tanks and left-clicking enemies.

I have a grand total of 2 Female Crews. My E100 and 50B. I have played 144 Random games, 15 CW and 15 Skirmishes/Battles for Strongholds with those Tanks. My other 17177 Randoms, 382 CWs, 2103 Skirmishes/Battles for Stronghold and 1176 Teambattles are played with other Crews. Do you really think those 2 crews completely devalued my other Tanks/Crews? Do you really think those 0,828% of my total games played with female crews were letting me not enjoy the other 99,172% of my games?

Gharirey #225 Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33777 battles

Oh my. The logic is just too strong in that one:

• He didn't get a reward tank, therefore no green player ever will.
  • His clan was incapable of winning a province on the map, therefore no clan with green players will ever achieve that feat.

Pointless to argue any longer. Perhaps his therapist can help him get over all the mistreatment he has suffered at the evil hands of WG?

Ajsich #226 Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30487 battles
I don't see in the rules, but how many battles a player has to play in order to be eligible for the prize? 

Nekrodamus #227 Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 49942 battles
  • [LEOFL] LEOFL
At least 15 battles.

Ajsich #228 Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30487 battles

View PostNekrodamus, on 21 November 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

At least 15 battles.

Thanks.

Edited by Ajsich, 21 November 2015 - 01:04 PM.

Ulfhedinn_ #229 Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48246 battles

View PostDomstadtkerl, on 20 November 2015 - 01:06 PM, said:

Those crews are not essential for the game. 

I wasn't grinding crews so I'd have better performance & stats, I was grinding crews so I'd have best possible crews in the game, cuz my garage & crews are like building my own perfect little World like an Empire in Total War etc. I'm not looking to impress anyone else or beat anyone else, I was just working toward having something of quality of my own. But you're right, the way the game is now it has no room any more for special interest, the only thing that matters now is stats & performance, making my account with it's huge game count dedicated to quality crews & WW2 tanks a complete blow out. But I still think those PM crews are essential, the portrait content is cuz the original content is exhausted, cuz they permanently train faster, cuz they start with 2 skills. I sold my Bulldog & SP1C completely unplayed cuz I don't have crews for them and I'm not playing slow-training basic crews against people in those tanks with PM ones.

View PostGharirey, on 20 November 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

Oh my. The logic is just too strong in that one:

• He didn't get a reward tank, therefore no green player ever will.
  • His clan was incapable of winning a province on the map, therefore no clan with green players will ever achieve that feat.

Pointless to argue any longer. Perhaps his therapist can help him get over all the mistreatment he has suffered at the evil hands of WG?

Well pointless arguing those things ^ cuz I never said anything of the sort. I never expected to get a reward tank as I was a CW's newbie, I never said it was impossible for a green to get a reward tank, I never said my clan was incapable of winning a province, I never said I'd been mistreated by WG over reward tanks. Overall, this reward tank volume issue, it's just about odds and them being too slight to be realistic & motivating for most, all I did was lobby was a slight volume increase.

Edited by Maxmk6, 23 November 2015 - 05:00 PM.

Datsuzoku #230 Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34812 battles

Hello Guys,

i am not sure about something;

can i leave the clan in the campagne time and join a new one - and get a tank as reward?

some of my friends say "yes, no problem" but other say "no, you must join a clan 3-4 days before campagne start".

sorry for my bad english.

thanks

SMR_FV #231 Posted 20 December 2015 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 83577 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA
Will I get camo/emblems for older award  vehicles (907, VK72 and M60) + T95E6 and digital camo if I would leave the clan right now? Obviously if I have enough fame points?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users