T28 has "great" armor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

gartenmaster #1 Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19349 battles

I started playing this tank and I just CANNOT BELIEVE how this tank is made. Ill explain what I am thinking on. I understand it is slowest tier 8 tank, but than it should have better front and at least "bouncing" side armor. In hame it writes that front armor has 254 mm of armor. That would be great whet it would be true. When looking on tank inspector even blind man will see it everywhere on fron it hase +-220 mm. My tippical battle looks like this:

1. If I am top tier(8-rare). I spawn, I go closest way for enemies because other ways will take all time of game, and at the end always always somebody comes at my back, or 2 of enemies go around me... I really hate this.

2. If I am spawned with tier 9,10. - 90% medium, heavies and tankdestroyers penetrate mw wherever they want in frontal armor.

Tank would be better with faster traverse speed and "bouncing" side armor, similar as heavy tanks have, and better armed observation place. ETC. all tanks can pen me on something like 10 degrees from max gun rotating, and that is veery small angle, even tanks like t29 and t71, that pen me from front. Please think about that > is it really good made that slowest tank has so bad armor where every tier 9 tank can pen it ?

Here I didn't even write about arties, because I could write a book about arties and T28...

Taudlitz #2 Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22788 battles

View Posttenkdestroyer_tanki, on 14 November 2015 - 12:04 AM, said:

I started playing this tank and I just CANNOT BELIEVE how this tank is made. Ill explain what I am thinking on. I understand it is slowest tier 8 tank, but than it should have better front and at least "bouncing" side armor. In hame it writes that front armor has 254 mm of armor. That would be great whet it would be true. When looking on tank inspector even blind man will see it everywhere on fron it hase +-220 mm. My tippical battle looks like this:

1. If I am top tier(8-rare). I spawn, I go closest way for enemies because other ways will take all time of game, and at the end always always somebody comes at my back, or 2 of enemies go around me... I really hate this.

2. If I am spawned with tier 9,10. - 90% medium, heavies and tankdestroyers penetrate mw wherever they want in frontal armor.

Tank would be better with faster traverse speed and "bouncing" side armor, similar as heavy tanks have, and better armed observation place. ETC. all tanks can pen me on something like 10 degrees from max gun rotating, and that is veery small angle, even tanks like t29 and t71, that pen me from front. Please think about that > is it really good made that slowest tank has so bad armor where every tier 9 tank can pen it ?

Here I didn't even write about arties, because I could write a book about arties and T28...

This is all known, tank is designed for skipping with free exp. Only good point of this tank is its look and that 1 in 100 occasion when you can shoot at enemies you can pen without hitting weakspots and they dont want to move out of line of fire nor push.

Few months ago there were some news about planned rework for T28 into T95 prototype. But it seems like another "when its done its done" thing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users