What would you like to see in Clan Wars 2016

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Fynnegun #1 Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12731 battles

Hey guys,

What would you like to see in Clan Wars (Global Map, Stronghold, new mode ?) in 2016 ?

Feel free to go wild as long as it is constructive (as usual).

Thanks!

Decept1on

arturo112 #2 Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9034 battles

I would like to see at least some experimentation with the number of players on the team at lower tiers. For strongholds it kinda makes sense to have fewer people in a team so you can do it more casually, but for the campaign at least I feel like 7v7 is really not very good tactically, it cuts out a lot of stuff that you can do.

The gold income from the tier 6 and tier 8 map was drastically cut overall for season 1. Maybe it was too high before hand, but at the moment there is 340k gold being given out per day over all fronts which feels low to me (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but if my memory serves that is less than half of what it was during the initial cw 2.0)

Ransack coming back would be interesting to see, especially if the rules are going to vary between seasons.

Clan tasks from the old global map where you had certain objectives and got various rewards were a very cool idea. Would love to see them return.

Slightly off topic, but the clan league on NA looks awesome, and I know it's not clan wars, but any chance of that coming to EU? 

gekados #3 Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 55201 battles
  • [NOS] NOS
From my point of view the influence was the worst thing from this new cw version. Instead of playing skirmishes for training and fun we ended playing, in my clan, 4-6 hours everyday just to grind influence points. For some, this "feature" transformed into a part time job... The stronghold should not be tied anymore to cw.

Evil_Mungo #4 Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Commander
  • 28225 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Your new bid-spamming landing system is complete trash which ensures that clans on the map won't fight each other and that, if they do, they risk being bid-spammed.  The new map has nothing to do with clans on the map actually fighting each other for land which usually shows with the lack of definable fronts.

Just look at the community involvement in the 'frontline news' thread on these forums to see what clanwars should look like.  This new landing system just consists of smaller clans blurting on the map and hoping to get land for free and big clans sitting stagnant waiting for it.

BOOMZOOM007 #5 Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23651 battles
  • [EMB3R] EMB3R
  • Please remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes. It doesn't use any skill. Just point, click and boom.

• Also make clan icons on global map visible while zoomed out.

Edited by BOOMZOOM007, 16 November 2015 - 11:03 PM.

SulphurE #6 Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8201 battles
Assault and Encounter game modes. They give dynamics to the maps and make you play same maps in different ways and allows use of new positions.

KorelG #7 Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34768 battles

View Postgekados, on 16 November 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

From my point of view the influence was the worst thing from this new cw version. Instead of playing skirmishes for training and fun we ended playing, in my clan, 4-6 hours everyday just to grind influence points. For some, this "feature" transformed into a part time job... The stronghold should not be tied anymore to cw.

This one :honoring: +1

cleGo #8 Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27985 battles

Nice that you have this thread up, but isn`t it a bit too late?

Anyway im affraid this thread is pointless. I`ve played this game few years now, and not once have the opinion of the players made any difference.

I guess WG is losing customers if threads like this is popping out :B

Monster95alpha19 #9 Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35389 battles
  • [TKEA] TKEA

Everything that was on Old CW map, but with this map ( number of provinces ) and the Fronts but modified.

By the old cw map, i mean the Encounter when attacking a province and an enemy attacking it aswell and not a damn tournament.

Ransaking : it made most of the sparks between clans to go deep into enemy teritory, for the key province to ransack it.

Riots : Instead of the bidding system, just implement the Riots back again.

Landings : There is a hell of a huge map.I think you can easily put back the landings like they were and Riots with higher chances in the middle of the fronts.

Gold income : Just make it a regular one, not something in which we have to spend 6h of skirmishes just so we can upgrade the income to 100 gold more..

Tier Battles : Tier 6 battles in 7 vs 7 are really bad.Skirmish, okay, but for CW and Specially Talking about for the 4th Campaign, this sucks hard.Make it 10 vs 10, while for Tier 8 you can keep it 10 vs 10.

knightM #10 Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46326 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Simple fixes:

Ransacking - but use the old system where you could ransack a province within an hour after capture given that it was connected to HQ, not the proposed ransacking only without HQ on map

Influence - increase the amount of influence gained for defeating clans on map by a lot, so that clans are not "forced" to work extra in skirmishes but can get enough influence just by playing on map, keep influence from skirmishes same so it can be used as backup

Gold income  - much higher number of high income provinces, for me it's fine that the "basic" province has low income, but the capital of each country for example should go from 1k gold and up with 4k for the top 5 countries

Bidding system - increase the minimum bids for applying for landing a lot to avoid the "cheap" bid spam. For tier 10 provinces it should be from 1k to 4k depending on the province income.. remove the 2 "free" landings per timezone, that should only work on real landings and not on normal provinces during the season.

Bigger changes:

Assault/Encounter: - add those as a test on landings where the maps are available for it, encounter during tournament, assault/defence with owner

Time-limited nation limitations - with the new interface it should be possible to do time-limited nation limitations, this depends on how its implemented but ideally you could for example limit tanks to "axis only" for a week (ger, jap), west allies only (US, UK, FR) and similar. Limiting to only 1 nation might lead to too boring matches though. Anyway this should be for short time periods for example related to specific anniversaries.

Edited by knightM, 17 November 2015 - 01:08 PM.

DonGonzalesGacha #11 Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 34892 battles
  • [_HEAT] _HEAT

View Postarturo112, on 16 November 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Slightly off topic, but the clan league on NA looks awesome, and I know it's not clan wars, but any chance of that coming to EU? 

Someone from ESL asked me already if we had interested in that, I hope they're gonna make it happen! This crapis awesome.

Carantanien #12 Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16815 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

Disable reports?

arturo112 #13 Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9034 battles

View PostX3N4, on 17 November 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Someone from ESL asked me already if we had interested in that, I hope they're gonna make it happen! This crapis awesome.

Would be great to see the attack/defense mode used outside of team battles, hope we get to see it.

knightM #14 Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46326 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Well the NA clan league could be run as well in addition, but it isn't really a replacement of CW.

It's very much the same as gold league with 14 tanks and the ability to pick any player from the clan if needed. But having 14 players play every few days isn't exactly enough activity for 100 people in clan.

jemster #15 Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:12 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34685 battles

As for the map itself, who came up with the bright idea of having a very annoying looping sound in the background? A sound that, even if muted, have a tendency to come back after turn updates...... Please remove it (or set it to mute by default).

Also for the map, this is the farthest out that I can zoom while still seeing the interesting parts of the map:

Spoiler

Here I can see all the interesting things like divisions, battles, owners, gold, primetime and so on. What I can not see is an especially large part of the map, I cant really get an overview.

Compare that to the next zoom level:

Spoiler

Here I can (start to) see the map and get an overview. But I cant really see anything interesting. Just semi-random colours and very (un)important stuff like top three longest win-streaks in my region, or top three in gold income for my region. It would be very nice if I could see primetimes, divisions, owners or province gold here instead since those actually matter.

And then we have the endless notifications that "your clan has achieved position x in longest win streak in region y" that I get one per day of....... And the only setting is for turning everything off. This would also be a lot more interesting if it was current win-streak, not best ever........

H4NI #16 Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 41819 battles

View Postjemster, on 17 November 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Talking about the map: if you have selected some province and you go on the other side of the map to see the attackers, after closing the landing window, system automatically returns you to the selected province. Useless option, just forces you to spend more time using this not-so-optimized interface. Just make it auto-selecting the province when you click on red circle which shows attackers.

SulphurE #17 Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8201 battles
I would like to see changes in the tank locking system..

I am not a long time WoT player and I have no idea when or why this system was created. People have told me it was made as a motivation for players to grind more tier 10's..

If that was the main purpose of it it must now be removed. A majority of the active CW players are long term players and already have plenty of Tier 10 tanks. All this system do for you now is de-motivate new players from entering Clan wars. Which means you are preventing growth of the active player base.

If the goal of this system is to make sure that clans have to use more than 2 specific tank models (like only T110E5+Obj140 being used) I would atleast like to see this system revamped so that it is a per clan or simply per battle limit.. (Like clan can only use 15 of each tank per day or clan can only use 5 of each tank per battle..) This would remove the limit which makes new players which might have only 1-4 tier 10 tanks from getting them all locked for a week and not being able to participate in CW every day..

Why would you ever want to make it so hard for new players to start doing clan wars?

Maybe something as simple as heavily reduced locking times would do the trick? (While thinking of this, why does certain tank types have so different locking times?)

I have a hard time to argue about this system as I do not know it's purpose.. If there really is an important purpose I wish to believe it could be fulfilled while still allowing players with not so many t10's to actively participate in CW.

roastedlemon #18 Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20057 battles

View PostSulphurE, on 17 November 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

Why would you ever want to make it so hard for new players to start doing clan wars?

So there are less retard clans and players about so good clans don't have to waste there time fighting pointless battles. 

knightM #19 Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46326 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postroastedlemon, on 17 November 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

So there are less retard clans and players about so good clans don't have to waste there time fighting pointless battles. 

Indeed, after all it's extremely irritating when the clans you beat keep spamming you over and over again with pointless battles ;)

SulphurE #20 Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8201 battles

View Postroastedlemon, on 17 November 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostknightM, on 17 November 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

Indeed, after all it's extremely irritating when the clans you beat keep spamming you over and over again with pointless battles ;)

If done properly the Landing tournaments would always only let the best contender through anyways.. If you are saying you don't want to defend your province everyday, maybe you should just consider not having one? I don't get the argument you are trying to make.. New players don't have to be less skilled either.. But they won't have as many tier 10's cuz grinding takes time.

Sure the auction system kinda messes with this cuz it allows anyone to attack a province without a tournament.. But still, there are tomato clans full of 60k battles tomatos with 20 tier 10's in their garages.. They can still spam you.. While newer players like me that are actually improving and learning the game is heavily limited by the tank locking..

If you think it's a problem with "bad" clans attacking good clans to often then that should be fixed. But tank locking in its current state does not prevent that. It only prevents the new players - not the bad ones.

Example:
I have some friends in a tomato clan.. They have alot of players with many tanks and old accounts.. They are still very bad tho.. I told them myself that they should not put auctions but only go for landing tournaments.. They did not listen. They keep spamming auctions because it's the best chance for them to actually get a province for a day.. They have no problem with tank locking. Then there is me and the clan I am in now, we have to swap tiers quite often as a side effect of our most active members getting to many tanks locked... We can however quite consistently go through landing tournaments and yesterday we landed on [L-BUN] in t10 as an example... Why should tank locking limit us but not my old tomato clan?

I can come up with a thousand ideas for how to protect good clans from being spammed by terribly bad opponents.. I am pretty sure you guys can to. You just have to realize and accept that grind does not make skill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users