What would you like to see in Clan Wars 2016

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

FooWayTheTacoMaster #21 Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:47 AM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 32734 battles

Tier 8 is still more profitable than tier 10, which is absurd. Clans that can't even put a foot on the tier X map can go to tier VIII and easily have 6-7 provinces or even more. So a decent clan, probably much better than those previous guys, can have 2 - 3 provinces of really low income in tier X, maximum. Probably with more active guys. Nonsense.

Base provinces should have a better income in tier X.

Alteisen #22 Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16739 battles
The t8 battle format certainly helps you field more teams to fight for provinces.

So for say 40 active players in a full clan, at tier 8 you can field fout teams or two at tier 10, assuming player abilities is not the limiter.

sartox1 #23 Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36664 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

I'd say have several provinces with high gold income rather than one with extremely high income. You don't have fights for the 4k provinces in t10 maps. Maybe WG thought that we would have fights for it but truth is that a tiny amount of Clans hold them and those who attack thwm have no chance. Change that to 4 or 5 provinces with high income and maybe a good clan will struggle to maintain them all for tank blocking or lack of active players. 

Anothe thing is bring back delay chips. Alliances and second Clans are now pretty much useless. No cooperation at all between Clans other than making a NAP. That's all what diplomacy is, make a NAP and done. Boring. 

FooWayTheTacoMaster #24 Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 32734 battles
It's not true that the premium provinces didn't receive attacks (at least) in tier X. I saw W0RKS and RSOP fighting for 1, RSOP and OMNI, in the WHYME/-SED- area also several fights, L-FEW and RED_S did an old school (with bids) war for another one and in the south of Italy we were constantly attacked also by good clans STRNK, F15, ZWACK and L-FEW (but anyway this last one was friendly training). So it's not true, premium provinces are the only thing that create fights but the income of the others, compared to lower tiers, is ridiculous.

Kopi21PL #25 Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 45846 battles
  • [PMHC] PMHC

I. Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

II.Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

III.Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

[...]

XXI.Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

XXII. Bring back encounter battles.

XXIII. Remodel bidding system.

XXIV. Give back some gold to GM.

XXV.  Implement some alliance paltform into game client (same colour, chat etc.)

arturo112 #26 Posted 19 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9034 battles

View PostKopi21PL, on 19 November 2015 - 07:41 PM, said:

I. Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

II.Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

III.Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

[...]

XXI.Remove Air Strikes and Arty Strikes.

XXII. Bring back encounter battles.

XXIII. Remodel bidding system.

XXIV. Give back some gold to GM.

XXV.  Implement some alliance paltform into game client (same colour, chat etc.)

I think you missed our removing arty strikes and air strikes

sartox1 #27 Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36664 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postfooway, on 19 November 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

It's not true that the premium provinces didn't receive attacks (at least) in tier X. I saw W0RKS and RSOP fighting for 1, RSOP and OMNI, in the WHYME/-SED- area also several fights, L-FEW and RED_S did an old school (with bids) war for another one and in the south of Italy we were constantly attacked also by good clans STRNK, F15, ZWACK and L-FEW (but anyway this last one was friendly training). So it's not true, premium provinces are the only thing that create fights but the income of the others, compared to lower tiers, is ridiculous.

They do, but count the clans that fight for it. Around 10 clans. Too few

FooWayTheTacoMaster #28 Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 32734 battles

View Postsartox1, on 20 November 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

They do, but count the clans that fight for it. Around 10 clans. Too few

There have been much more interest and fights on those provinces than in the rest. Hence I think premium provinces are a must.

Finnyan #29 Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13386 battles
Thanks everyone for your feedback, it is important to us even if the effects are not immediate, it can help us build our plans for next year.

Werys04 #30 Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23830 battles
increase VI tier fights from 7v7 to 10v10

uti8 #31 Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 25898 battles
Change the tiers for CWs to only allow tanks with the correct matchmaking. Tier 8 scouts with tier 9 matchmaking are OP in CW tier 8 for example and they make mediums obsolete.

SanyaJuutilainen #32 Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20845 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostEvil_Mungo, on 16 November 2015 - 06:46 PM, said:

Your new bid-spamming landing system is complete trash which ensures that clans on the map won't fight each other and that, if they do, they risk being bid-spammed.  The new map has nothing to do with clans on the map actually fighting each other for land which usually shows with the lack of definable fronts.

Just look at the community involvement in the 'frontline news' thread on these forums to see what clanwars should look like.  This new landing system just consists of smaller clans blurting on the map and hoping to get land for free and big clans sitting stagnant waiting for it.

Still better than the old map with Top100 or so clans sitting safely in the map and the other clans (right now there are 2380 clans with at least a point in thes campaign, so possibly 2000+ clans) unable to do anything about it. The old status quo, where clan was basically nothing, because you weren't able to do CWs (not enough players / tech / skill) and companies weren't worth it (even with the increased profit it made about the same, because of organizing time overhead), just made the clans whittle down slowly, only enforcing the power of the top clans. Don't take me bad, I agree that it could be polished, but anything that promotes more clans to try and get playing, is good - just an opinion of a commander of a not-really-that-small-clan-that-can't-call-themselves-top.

Other than that, from this thread:
Things I agree with:
- reconsider gold spread. It should be motivating for the clans to play tier 10, so even the worst base income of tier 10 province should be about 1.5 times better than the best base income of tier 8 (to compensate the player count and be on the same level). The same way, it should be motivating to play tier 8 over tier 6.

- reconsider bid prices, they should probably be tied to the base income.

- try with ransack, even with auctions it could work, especially if ransacked provinces are publicly marked
- clan tasks, yes, please. Different sets based on which tier you play, higher tiers rewarded considerably better (so that T6 is mostly a reward for participating and top clans don't feel like necessity to do them before switching to higher tiers)

- make icons visible further on the map, it's very impractical to not see further than a few provinces away even on 1080p monitor. Or do some setting like on the old map ("icons visible to this level")

- "if you have selected some province and you go on the other side of the map to see the attackers, after closing the landing window, system automatically returns you to the selected province" - yes, please, this costs me so much swearing... orz

- alliance system indeed. Not even delay chips (because that's just stupid mechanism abuse), but something that can make you say that you coordinate without paying 500 gold for switching colour (and we wouldn't switch anyway, since it'd make us pay twice to get back our FABULOUS pink~)

- consider having some option "place HQ automatically", that when checked and you capture only one province, will place your HQ on the map automatically the next hour. Or some other system that makes it possible to place (reserve placing) HQ on the province right away after you get it. It's very annoying to play until midnight, win the final battle at 0:10 and then waiting almost full next hour before you can place your HQ, especially when you work / study in the morning.

Things I am neutral with:
- Influence. The strongholds are a great addition, and while the mechanism of the influence is a bit broken (some clans putting thousands of influence over provinces, just spamming easy gets), I have - at the moment - no better idea how to fix this. Again I'll mention I consider it better than the old status quo.

- Assault and Encounter. Worth trying out, but please, avoid prolonging the landings by doing Encounters like on old map...

- Time-limited nation limitations (lolwut w)

- Locking - in my opinion it works quite well (you can get few tier 6s quite fast, the locking times there are short and campaigns have disabled locking anyway), but maybe checking it closer wouldn't hurt, the tier 10 delays are maybe slightly too long (one week for a heavy, IIRC?). I think a person with about 4 to 5 tier 10 tanks should be already able to play CWs nonstop.

- tier 8 light tanks unable to play in tier 8 10vs10. While I think it would be interesting, I fear that it wouldn't solve anything, but bringing more "20 IS-3s battle, so creative" battles.

Things I disagree with:
- remove arty strikes. Both sides can have them (and usually do) and it breaks overdone camps (which are, funnily enough, tried mostly by worse clans). IMO the good clans profit from them more anyway.
- change the number of players in battles. It has already been well established and top clans have functioning setups working on skill (inb4 somebody calling them RNG anyway). If you think 7vs7 T6 is laughable or under your level, just don't play it and go to 10vs10 T8, why even bother with 10vs10 T6? Some people will hate it like that anyway - like you do now.
- disable reports, why even? Douche players should be reportable, if you get spam banned for nothing wrong (objectively, though), argue at Support - I know of cases, where the ban was revoked.

B4NTER #33 Posted 30 November 2015 - 09:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40950 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
no fights at 1am...

drinkyjoe #34 Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25180 battles
Get better servers to host events?

Kabine10_JesusWasDrunk #35 Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50923 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

just an idea, could global map offer something else or something more than gold? global map cant compete with the likes of ESL and such with gold payout. so to attract more players (read better players) to be intrested again in clanwars maybe something intresting could be offered with/instead gold for clan "treasury" to distribute for players.
what would it be i dunno. i know everyone always needs credits at least.

also yes remove arty/air strike thingy..its pure rng factor. (like you dont have already enough rng in every mode in this game).

remove bidding for lands or make the bidding LOT more expensive. rather punish the bid spammers who cant field teams than the defenders. (why land owner get penalty points if 2-3 clans decide to outsbid them completely)

if you keep the bidding. make it end before last turn and give some info to land owner that they are getting spammed. now arranging games are pure rng aswell. ("can we play that many or not, we see after last turn&quot;) <--why punish teams who have land to make attacks because they are bid spammed and cant field all battles. stupid.

jemster #36 Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:33 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34685 battles

And can you please stop notifying me about battles that where an our ago.......

Your clan has a battle scheduled for 2015-11-30 22:32:40 for Hassi Messaoud province (map: Steppes). Received at 23:30..........

Unkel_Dolan #37 Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:36 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 31501 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

in tier 6 CW, limit light tanks to tier 5

in tier 8 CW, limit light tanks to tier 7

Kirjak_ #38 Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 36618 battles
  • [HMFST] HMFST

View Postloituma, on 01 December 2015 - 02:36 AM, said:

in tier 6 CW, limit light tanks to tier 5

in tier 8 CW, limit light tanks to tier 7

yea and in t10 batchat is forbidden cuz it has speed and clip. omg these ideas....

Give us back the Encounter and change the infulence stuff.. oh I almost forgot smthg: stop this airstrike sht! 

edit: and the new map is rly not plain.

Edited by DNASH, 01 December 2015 - 11:09 AM.

Unkel_Dolan #39 Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 31501 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostDNASH, on 01 December 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

yea and in t10 batchat is forbidden cuz it has speed and clip. omg these ideas....

batchat is a medium tank with normal MM, it's balanced (or supposed to be) vs other tier 10s. tier 6 and 8 lights have different MM and they're not balanced vs same tier tanks so they shouldn't be allowed

Kirjak_ #40 Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 36618 battles
  • [HMFST] HMFST

View Postloituma, on 01 December 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

batchat is a medium tank with normal MM, it's balanced (or supposed to be) vs other tier 10s. tier 6 and 8 lights have different MM and they're not balanced vs same tier tanks so they shouldn't be allowed

So you say that a 1390 is more OP than an IS3?

Man this always depends on the map, on the situation, on the tactics. I think, this idea would be totally retarded. Tier 7 lights are way worse compared to T8 tanks. Anyway this topic is not for this discussion. I hope they wont even think about this idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users